• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Amy Files - Currently Halted due to lack of time

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
from my tests, the HipN MUST be in the same index as the character being replaced. but you said she didnt glitch when put on the Ice Climbers? i'll check into that.

edit: i think the reason it worked on the Ice Climbers is because the current TransN bone that Amy has is the Ice Climbers HipN bone. i dont know if you already had it renamed, but if you did, i think brawl basically treated it as the HipN. thats my theory just from looking at it.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Snoopy is smart :D

Can I send you the files for Bowser Jr.? He has the grabbing glitch and a shielding one, as well. Items, I don't know.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
from my tests, the HipN MUST be in the same index as the character being replaced. but you said she didnt glitch when put on the Ice Climbers? i'll check into that.

edit: i think the reason it worked on the Ice Climbers is because the current TransN bone that Amy has is the Ice Climbers HipN bone. i dont know if you already had it renamed, but if you did, i think brawl basically treated it as the HipN. thats my theory just from looking at it.
Well it doesn't make much sense. Anyways snoopy, can you look into characters to see if there's someone who doesn't have a transN or hip bone replacing her leg or waist. I'll maybe port her over them instead...

Can I be a temporary part of this team? until Klonoa is fixed o.o
Definately, I already Pm'ed you the files. You can do whatever you please, just look at the planned moveset ideas if u intend on making moves, and tweak anything you want. I'll look at it whenever you finish. I already see that ur animations are great so thanks......

It works it works it works!!!!! I just tried it on Gardevoir and she can be thrown now!
Great. I wish amy was that lucky. Her index bones tend to be important ones

Snoopy is smart :D

Can I send you the files for Bowser Jr.? He has the grabbing glitch and a shielding one, as well. Items, I don't know.
He did post the solution, You could try it yourself

Extra thoughts for snoopy
Is it possible to rename her leg HipN and then just re-enter the values that were orginally there? I know it would be tedious but if that works, I'll stick with Dedede and just fix all moves one day...

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
with Amy's current bone structure, i would have to say Olimar, ROB, Yoshi (these because their TransN bone is bone index 1), or DK, Lucas, Metaknight, Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Samus, Toon Link, Wario (these because the TransN is at index 2, and the HipN bone would go where Amy's current TransN bone is). take your pick.
and about redoing the animations and keeping her on Dedede, it might be possible, but it would be A LOT quicker to put her over someone else, my opinion though.

and Intrepid, if you want to give me Bowser Jr.'s files, i will take a look and try to see if i can fix it.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
with Amy's current bone structure, i would have to say Olimar, ROB, Yoshi (these because their TransN bone is bone index 1), or DK, Lucas, Metaknight, Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Samus, Toon Link, Wario (these because the TransN is at index 2, and the HipN bone would go where Amy's current TransN bone is). take your pick.
and about redoing the animations and keeping her on Dedede, it might be possible, but it would be A LOT quicker to put her over someone else, my opinion though.

and Intrepid, if you want to give me Bowser Jr.'s files, i will take a look and try to see if i can fix it.
I have to agree with him, but eh... Olimar might not be a good choice, he seems to have problems with shielding (plus all the pikmin problems).

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Try yoshi, no one cares for yoshi well atleast i don't he is probably one of he most annoying and most useless character in all of the smash bro's universe. now he is a good character, but a useless up-b like that i'm sorry he sucks, i mean i hate NEss/Lucas/Yoshi/Rob/Dedede because they're highly uncomfortable well atleast for me. choose Yoshi, it is are am is best.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Try yoshi, no one cares for yoshi well atleast i don't he is probably one of he most annoying and most useless character in all of the smash bro's universe. now he is a good character, but a useless up-b like that i'm sorry he sucks, i mean i hate NEss/Lucas/Yoshi/Rob/Dedede because they're highly uncomfortable well atleast for me. choose Yoshi, it is are am is best.
I think Birdo is going over Yoshi

bloomin ninja

Smash Rookie
I would say wario as he has fewer articles to deal with, all he has his bike and a clove of garlic (at least thats all I think he has) or Nana, mostly because the voice sorta matches and nana has a hammer, and two articles, the string and the icicle, (or at least I think she does) the only problem would be Popo, unless of course you replaced popo with a flicky (bird thingy from SA1) with no attacks and no flinching animation. But whatever it's your decision is man ^^

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
with Olimar though, we can PSA out the pikmin, and Amy has way more bones than him, so shielding wouldnt be a problem. oh, and i stumbled upon why the ThrowN bone is important, it controlls the shield, it has nothing to do with throwing (i think). as long as your character has more bones than the person being replaced, no shield glitch. but it may end up like Amy, where her pinky grows when shielding, but thats because of how brawl animates the shield, and Dedede's ThrowN index is Amy's pinky bone.
articles may be an important thing, though thats not my area of expertise.
and replacing Ice Climbers, i know somewhere there's a code called 'frozen Popo' or something to that effect, but it gets rid of Nana, so only Popo fights.
and i dont care about Birdo. it's a cool vertex hack, yes, but it's still Birdo.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Actually, aside from the sheild thing that you just discovered, the ThrowN bone is where the opponents are attached to during grabs and throws. In the case of a model swap, the opponent follows the bone that has the index of the replaced character's ThrowN bone.

I found that during my Devil hack.

soramimuttsu

Smash Rookie

i think the best idea is lucas or toon link or the ice climbers, beacuse , lucas and toon link are similar to ness and link, if they are used, that will dont make any problem with others, and the ice climbers are so hated

español: creo que seria buena idea que lucas o toon link sean usados, por que ellos 2 son iguales a ness y link, si usas uno de ellos, no hara ningun cambio en el roster, y los ice grabbers son muy odiados

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating

People still use Geno? XD *SMACKED*

Who cares? Hardly anyone really uses him. Do whatever works guys. :3
Toon Link is also a likely host for Bomberman and some other PSAs. He's way too moddable.

Moving to a different character should really be more of a last resort than anything else, because it would scrap all of Amy's custom animations so far. Kryal has said that the model rebuilder will allow us to edit bone structures, so I'd wait for the next version of BrawlBox rather than doing anything rash.

Also, dxrkn3ss, check your PMs please.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
actually, it wouldn't scrap the any of the animations. all that would have to be done is export her animations from her current MotionEtc into the new characters MotionEtc, and it will work just fine. it's what i did with the Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario project, BJ's were in Bowser's, SM was in Mario's, and by simply exporting and replacing, i got them over Zelda's and Sheik's MotionEtc's, and they worked just fine, including being able to transform back and forth properly. so the animations won't be a big deal.
and while i would agree that waiting for the model rebuilder is a good idea, i only suggested putting her over a different character so some work could get done soon, instead of waiting for an undetermined amount of time for the rebuilder.
of course, i wont do anything until dxrn3ss says anything. but where the heck is he? i haven't heard from him in a few days. if he's out having fun while i'm not...

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Oh wow, i feel like such a ****, but I joined the bowser jr. team so im not going to anything for amy ;-;

sorry for joining and then leaving without doing anything.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Yes everyone, sorry! Yes I have been MIA, due to several reasons, but I'm back again.

First off, StarWaffle - I guess thats unfortunate. I was looking forward to your work, but no complaints here. You gotta do what you want.

SilenceOfNoOne - PSA time is coming, we just gotta finish animations, which is about 50% done!

Snoopy - I think we can just stick with Dedede and do everything except the grab animations. If we get done all that before the model rebuilder comes along, then just like you said, it's would just be an export/import on another compatible character.

Stoney - I Checked my Pm's for you, keep in tough via PM's I will check every night again.

To be truthful with ya all, I havent been one cause of my GF, Final fantasy XIII, Soul Silver, and my job, but I was discouraged cause of the grab glitch, which Snoopy hs found a fix for...

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
yeah, thats fine to leave her on Dedede, like i said, just a suggestion to switch.
by the way, did i ever give you the fixed file? i cant remember...

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
well, i'll PM you the file in a minute, and you can see for yourself.

DarkSamus12

Smash Cadet
Ok dxrkn3ss ive almost got the grab glitch fixed but when i tryed the fitmotionetc you pmed awhile ago it made my game freeze can you please pm me the new fitmotionetc

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Just as a side note, dxrkn3ss, I think you might want to change the name of the thread back to "The Amy Files" before everyone who is utterly sick of seeing the word "Project" in this subforum reads your new thread title and commits suicide.

I liked The Amy Files better, anyway. It was unique amongst the threads here and reminded me of a lovely TV show I watched once upon a time. "The Amy Files: The Truth is In Here!"

EDIT:

congratulations for that but, and don get :mad: with me, but you idea for the level for amy isn't good, is a best idea make a level of palmtree panic, when she make her appearence, like green hill, when sonic make his appeareance, or green greens for kirby, or the tornado flying in emerald hill for tails (thanks mr.weegee), ever the first level is a good idea and the best idea for a level of that character
You clearly fail to see the many positive applications of my MARVELOUS idea. The furry community would love a Naked Sonic Picture Destination, and the wedding rings could be a stage hazard: touch one and you'll be tied down to a single relationship until you die, which in Brawl terms translates to an inability to jump. It's genius, I tell you.

[collapse=Here's a screenshot of it:]
[/collapse]

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Lol. We should find a way to remove the people at Smashville.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
How'd you get the textures so bright on Amy? :-/
That was my texture improvements by the way, and it sorta is affected by the stage brightness. She is normal color (Well close enough to it) on most stages, and not too dark on final destination though.

Just pump up the saturation and color by 80 or 90

She however has a red glow on pokemon stadium:confused:

bloomin ninja

Smash Rookie
So what animations are ya missing, I did get brawlbox and fiddled around with it a bit ((found out that Wario+shrunken head+Enlarged Mustache+Gannon=Eggman lookin guy)) ^^ I may be able to help

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
So what animations are ya missing, I did get brawlbox and fiddled around with it a bit ((found out that Wario+shrunken head+Enlarged Mustache+Gannon=Eggman lookin guy)) ^^ I may be able to help
Well I mainly have most of the basic animations done. There is a list on the OP of everything finished... Take a look at it and dedede's original Motionpac to get an idea of whats still needed to be done.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
That was my texture improvements by the way, and it sorta is affected by the stage brightness. She is normal color (Well close enough to it) on most stages, and not too dark on final destination though.

Just pump up the saturation and color by 80 or 90

She however has a red glow on pokemon stadium:confused:
Oh, I did that, It just looked like you fixed the materials. o.0

Hazo

Smash Rookie
This looks interesting. I look forward to the release of this project. ^^

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
The problem I found with the models disappearing is that they do if the dead center of the stage isn't on-screen. Don't ask, as I don't know why either, just try it yourself.

Hazo

Smash Rookie
I want to be apart of this. What i would do is the animations since you need some. I would make amazing animations if i knew how. Can someone post a link that teaches me how to move arms or bones?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I want to be apart of this. What i would do is the animations since you need some. I would make amazing animations if i knew how. Can someone post a link that teaches me how to move arms or bones?
Download BrawlBox
Get an Amy File (FitDedede00.pac)
Go to ModelData[0]
Go to 3D Models
Go to FitDedede00
Right-click, select Preview
Load an animation (CHR0)
Click on any bone on the left and TYPE the coordinates

It's not click-and-drag, that makes it a lot harder while animating. I know how, but I sure as hell can't do it. :p

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I'd help, but trust me, you don't want me animating, at least not without someone there to clean up the mess. I can make animations... just barely. I'd need someone to make the animations look decent after I finished.

Hazo

Smash Rookie
Download BrawlBox
Get an Amy File (FitDedede00.pac)
Go to ModelData[0]
Go to 3D Models
Go to FitDedede00
Right-click, select Preview
Load an animation (CHR0)
Click on any bone on the left and TYPE the coordinates

It's not click-and-drag, that makes it a lot harder while animating. I know how, but I sure as hell can't do it. :p
I've already had brawlbox and knew how to view the 3d models. But thanks for teaching me how to use the coodinates. The only questions I have now is how do i get the Amy file and where do i start?

Top Bottom