• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Amy Files - Currently Halted due to lack of time

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Amy is a very interesting choice of characters! :) I kinda like her as well.

So, I'm guessing that means there will never be a beta of her, huh?

I support this project and eagerly await her release.

ds22

Smash Lord
What causes the being thrown glitch exactly?
The model will stretch up over the entire screen and can only return to normal if he/she jumps (footstool).
It's hard to fix (and in the case of Naruto, I don't know how to fix it, it doesn't seem he has a bone which is similar to ThrowN).

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
The model will stretch up over the entire screen and can only return to normal if he/she jumps (footstool).
It's hard to fix (and in the case of Naruto, I don't know how to fix it, it doesn't seem he has a bone which is similar to ThrowN).
Yep you got it right on point, but oddly, I found one person that doesn't do it and its popo. However nana does it whenever she feels like it. If push comes to shove, I guess I'll just use popo and peoples will have to use external codes to use my amy, glitch free.

I'm gonna try more bases when I feel like getting frustrated some more.

ds22

Smash Lord
Yep you got it right on point, but oddly, I found one person that doesn't do it and its popo. However nana does it whenever she feels like it. If push comes to shove, I guess I'll just use popo and peoples will have to use external codes to use my amy, glitch free.

I'm gonna try more bases when I feel like getting frustrated some more.
I find it strange because both Popo and Nana have ThrowN as BoneIndex 45.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I find it strange because both Popo and Nana have ThrowN as BoneIndex 45.
I couldn't grab when amy was on them but nana could grab and throw without glitching, and both amy and nana could be grabbed and thrown without glitching, but when I used their side B attack, nana glitched.

Maybe we're overlooking something, that's not the ThrowN bone?

EDIT: I didn't even give her a throwN bone in this case. Odd.

ds22

Smash Lord
Maybe it could be fixed by animating, like what Piggybank67 did with Naruto's Run animation using no TransN bone (instead, bone Z is animated to move like TransN).

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it could be fixed by animating, like what Piggybank67 did with Naruto's Run animation using no TransN bone (instead, bone Z is animated to move like TransN).
So maybe our characters can't be thrown because the throwned animations are wrong?

EDIT: wtf my brawl won't even get past the loading screen anymore!

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that could be it.
We probably need to let a bone act like ThrowN in the animations.
Ill test it out as soon as my wii stops acting up

EDIT: fixed! Turns out my gct had file replacement 3.5 for all this time. Thats whats been screwing up with my info.pac before. I feel so stupid now. Well at least I know now...

I'm testing amy with a throwN bone of 45 now to see if that works...

FAIL!

Onto plan B

I will mimic dedede's throwN bone when he is thrown and then test again.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Oh yea, I added bones to her using fw's bone adder and named one of them throwN. It inherited all of dedede's values for the throwN bone automatically

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Well Here's my test results!

Popo himself is perfect
Well almost. He can't grab, but he CAN be grabbed!

Also his TransN index is the same as Amy's hips, which totally destroys every animation I have so far.

I noticed some things that might give a little insight on this glitch though.

1 - The moment someone initiates a throw on amy popo, her lower half instantly bends at a 90 degree angle, despite the fact that she has No animations whatsoever. This includes having no TransN bone or ThrowN bone. (the game was reading something else cause she didn't stay in a complete T stance) But what... is the question!

2 - This bend wasn't at the top of her legs but around her waist or stomach.

3 - They have no bones named the exact same (i'll double check to make sure) and in brawlbox, her being thrown animations play like all the others, as a t-stance. In game, like mentioned above, it's a bent T-stance, like an "L"

Therefore, I'm confused outta my mind, but I figure I post this so maybe, someone else can get something I'm not

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
so the whole issue is with the TransN and ThrowN bones, wait, shouldn't the TransN bone be already working, cause i see in most character hacks that the ThrowN bone is the main problem

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Well Here's my test results!

Popo himself is perfect
Well almost. He can't grab, but he CAN be grabbed!

Also his TransN index is the same as Amy's hips, which totally destroys every animation I have so far.

I noticed some things that might give a little insight on this glitch though.

1 - The moment someone initiates a throw on amy popo, her lower half instantly bends at a 90 degree angle, despite the fact that she has No animations whatsoever. This includes having no TransN bone or ThrowN bone. (the game was reading something else cause she didn't stay in a complete T stance) But what... is the question!

2 - This bend wasn't at the top of her legs but around her waist or stomach.
Weird. Which character was throwing Amy? Because the location of the bend you described, plus the fact that Amy had no information of her own at the time, suggests that she was inheriting the information from a bone sticking out of the character that was grabbing her.

I don't necessarily think you should change to the Ice Climbers yet. The throwing problem is common for a lot of PSAs and there are a lot of people working on fixing it. This new data you got from the Ice Climbers could help everyone pinpoint the problem's source so you can fix it in DeDeDe.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Weird. Which character was throwing Amy? Because the location of the bend you described, plus the fact that Amy had no information of her own at the time, suggests that she was inheriting the information from a bone sticking out of the character that was grabbing her.

I don't necessarily think you should change to the Ice Climbers yet. The throwing problem is common for a lot of PSAs and there are a lot of people working on fixing it. This new data you got from the Ice Climbers could help everyone pinpoint the problem's source so you can fix it in DeDeDe.
Yea I'm about to just continue the project on dedede regardless. If push comes to shove, I'll just PSA amy so she can't be grabbed. I know it sounds broken but its better than her glitching all over the place.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
i hope somebody will fix this throw glitch ... great job on Amy, as a suggestion you should position the hammer behind her hand on her pictures is it looks kinda weird.

you'll fix that glitch most likely though ... wish i could help XD ... the only good thing i'm good at is ripping stages from games and putting them into mugen and taking scenes from anime's like sonic x and putting them into mugen ...

joem3693

Smash Apprentice
u guys should make a video showing the animation and also show what happens when she gets grabbed/when she grabs.

soramimuttsu

Smash Rookie
congratulations for you project, this is awesome, bring amy to brawl.

emm, to down + b can be like in sonic battle, when she drops a bomb, and blows up if is touched or amy drops another bomb

and another idea for smash final

fury state: her aura is red colored and can she havee the double of power

pd: if you use giga hammer, you should use a model like the hammer in sonic advance 3 when she make a team with knuckles

pdd: the color for hammer should be like in the games of sonic heroes and sonic adventure 2 (red)yellow(red) and using the old hammer (the black hammer)

pdd: if you will make a level of amy, you should make a level of palmtree panic, so, she makes her appear in that level, no?

pddd: you fix the problem of grab and grabbed?

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
congratulations for you project, this is awesome, bring amy to brawl.

emm, to down + b can be like in sonic battle, when she drops a bomb, and blows up if is touched or amy drops another bomb

and another idea for smash final

fury state: her aura is red colored and can she havee the double of power

pd: if you use giga hammer, you should use a model like the hammer in sonic advance 3 when she make a team with knuckles

pdd: the color for hammer should be like in the games of sonic heroes and sonic adventure 2 (red)yellow(red) and using the old hammer (the black hammer)

pdd: if you will make a level of amy, you should make a level of palmtree panic, so, she makes her appear in that level, no?

pddd: you fix the problem of grab and grabbed?
I thought dropping a bomb might be a little cheesy but you're not the first to suggest this. maybe...

I'm not good with stages so someone else would have to make it

and sadly no, the grab glitch is still there

bloomin ninja

Smash Rookie
First post, Hi guys
Anyhoo, I was wondering if the running attack would be more akin to her trip move from Sonic Advance ^^ although the current one does seem kinda cute

Final smash idea
It could be "storming heart" kinda like marios fireball finish except with cute little hearts... OF PAIN!!!

Anyhow sorry fer buggin ya

highfive

Smash Lord
Question: Will her facial expressions be... you know... facial expressions? I noticed she has the same face in all the pictures.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
First post, Hi guys
Anyhoo, I was wondering if the running attack would be more akin to her trip move from Sonic Advance ^^ although the current one does seem kinda cute

Final smash idea
It could be "storming heart" kinda like marios fireball finish except with cute little hearts... OF PAIN!!!

Anyhow sorry fer buggin ya
I love both those ideas. The first is so cute and the second is so AMY. Doitdoitdoit.

bloomin ninja

Smash Rookie
True and character Items cant be exported...
Wait... How hard is it to change the hitbox on a item? I know that the metal sonic weegee did had a "fireball" propelling its hand for the grab animation that dealt no damage, so what if another little used item (like a food) was re-textured with a heart and given a hitbox similar to marios fireball finish and have the amy model generate three or four that spiral towards the other end of the stage T_T then again Im blabbing on a topic I know little about..

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Wait... How hard is it to change the hitbox on a projectile? I know that the metal sonic weegee did had a "fireball" propelling its hand for the grab animation that dealt no damage, so what if another little used item (like a food) was re-textured with a heart and given a hitbox similar to marios fireball finish and have the amy model generate three or four that spiral towards the other end of the stage T_T then again Im blabbing on a topic I know little about..
Or she could just replace Peach, which would help 'cause that would let her have female voice clips... but that would create another plethora of problems, I'm sure...

bloomin ninja

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately a peach replacement is out as the model doesnt load T_T supposedly (first page) but then again she does need a new array of voice clips because it would be kinda creepy if she had the same voice as DDD.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Unfortunately a peach replacement is out as the model doesnt load T_T supposedly (first page) but then again she does need a new array of voice clips because it would be kinda creepy if she had the same voice as DDD.
Maybe you just need to use the bone adder tool?

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you just need to use the bone adder tool?
Amy has 73 bones, Peach has like 108. Would adding 35 bones be a good idea?

The voice bugs me too. I'm looking for a better base, and also to fix the grab glitch

Or she could just replace Peach, which would help 'cause that would let her have female voice clips... but that would create another plethora of problems, I'm sure...
I might give it a try though

Wait... How hard is it to change the hitbox on a item? I know that the metal sonic weegee did had a "fireball" propelling its hand for the grab animation that dealt no damage, so what if another little used item (like a food) was re-textured with a heart and given a hitbox similar to marios fireball finish and have the amy model generate three or four that spiral towards the other end of the stage T_T then again Im blabbing on a topic I know little about..
Wait, I didn't know I couldn't port peach's hearts to amy. In that cae I might definately try the Peach bone adding

The problem I see with this is that the only character with a heart graphic is Peach...
... I mulitquoted backwards LOL

bloomin ninja

Smash Rookie
Lol im not sure about the character items, I may have confused it with something else T_T Ill keep looking and find a definite answer

bloomin ninja

Smash Rookie
Oh... for the float animation... aw well guess we'll all have painful choices, Sonic or Shadow, Amy or Silver, although silver would sound pretty funny coming on the stage and attacking people ^^

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
could you possibly not put amy over peach? so far, silver is planned to go over peach
Is there no way to port her float over to someone else. I needed the hearts animation for amy's attacks

If there's a way to port peach's heart animation elsewhere then I wont use her, but I need the heart animations

Where the heck is the clone engine at anyways?

Top Bottom