• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Art of War for Palutena's soldiers! [Official Match-Up Thread]

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
So guys, what do you think of Pit on the NEW! MU CHART?

I'm only unhappy really about Snake V Pit, the others that are disadvantages can go either way to me so Im not too worried.
Ya same. Snake vs pit i totally disagree with thats a 0 all the way >3> and also pit vs IC i think should be 0 but that might be just me.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i completely disagree with snake as well. idk where they got that info cause i know they never asked us about it cause all our things say snake is even.

however i am satisfied with it overall. i mean there are a couple things i may say we win or lose on more (like g&w a -2 and snake a 0) but honestly it's pretty spot on :)

oh yeah HAHAHA DDDs told you we had it! lol jk but actually not lol

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
good now that this is unlocked, i say we talk lucario soon sir. get esca's input as he will know this one better than any pit here. the man plays with trela

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
K i shall do the zss write up soon. However DDD is still postponed to a large lack of knowledge on both characters respective boards.

So, shall we do lucario? I want to finish The B tiers.

B tiers left:D3/pikachu/olimar/lucario

GaW was perfectly covered by R@vyn so im not gonna bother with that. but ill do a write up.
D3 will be postponed probably for a while till we get some solid background from legitimate sources.

So up next is either Lucario/pikachu.

That and olimar will be put together with them. So it will be 2 at once since olimar is mostly done.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Sounds good ^__^. I think we should discuss Pika next.

Also, I'm really glad that this thread is becoming a success ^__^. Hopefully we will finally have a legit, updated character match up chart that Pit's old and new can rely on. I sincerely hope that we'll get all of the character ratios up here, and that this won't fall apart or just get left behind like the previous match up charts.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'll be doing the D3 and Olimar mu write-ups today after work. Its unfortunate the lack of input both received from their respective characters but nonetheless, i'll do my best.

ZSS will be done as soon as my friend D-torr comes in here and speaks his mind.

I will also be doing the GaW write-up as we progress. But there will be NO discussion on him. He was covered so well so many times.

Vote for pikachu or lucario.

And hurry and cast your votes so i can choose.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
someone explain to me why wario is so bad for pit?
Well, campy warios are hell to deal with and the he can sdi our uair/nair and get a free fart and nair/uair is sooooo ez to sdi as wario and most of the cast if you are consiciously aware of sdi.so we literally have to rely on a limited moveset to punish him and set up on him. His really good airdodge and air mobility and his fsmash/wafts and his heavy weight. Unless there is no LGL for pit its a pretty bad mu. But recently ppl have started leaning towards -1 (55:45 his favor) but the thing on front was what the bbr released.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it's bad because no1 plays wario enough. and because he doesn't really have to work for his damage on us whereas we have to use specific moves to counter his specific moves. best things are jab, nair, and WOI tricks i've found when i played some warios at whobo3

btw it is our advantage if we get the tires. pit with tires can get some crazy *** combos. trust me i practiced using his tires forever in training mode and we are broken with tires. don't be afraid to look into footstool stuff out of them.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
it's bad because no1 plays wario enough. and because he doesn't really have to work for his damage on us whereas we have to use specific moves to counter his specific moves. best things are jab, nair, and WOI tricks i've found when i played some warios at whobo3

btw it is our advantage if we get the tires. pit with tires can get some crazy *** combos. trust me i practiced using his tires forever in training mode and we are broken with tires. don't be afraid to look into footstool stuff out of them.
You/esca should try to get some matches on youtube then cuz i don't get this mu at all and i have a **** load of amazing warios to play with.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
i'm learning the MU pretty well, because i have about 3 wario's that i play regularly @ the tourney's that i go to.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
this is bull ****. did any1 else know about this? didn't think so. i came across it by accident

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12478182#post12478182

edit:

well this is great guys. kool aid comes back and there is like no conversation goin down for like the last couple days. some1 get a good topic going already. lord knows i tried every thread that matters in here yesterday and im not up to it again. *starts unban abel for pit board amusement chant*

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Is it just me or is there something wrong with the Zamus MU collapse box. I love the samus pic btw ;) excellent choice. the D3 MU is very well written.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol i try to be creative with the pics <3

Thanks! i appreciate the good feed back.

@fuddo fixed the typo. My bad :p

@Xcal there was an extra /collapse tag so it appeared as text at the bottom. But nothing should be wrong with the actual collapse box.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hey kuro, in the D3 thing, it is imperitive that if you go to mirror shield it, you have to mirror him on his way down or it won't work. that aside it is a great summary.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Revision #3 of d3 summary:

Fixed a spacing error between stage descriptions of brinstar and RC

Added mahas note in summary.

Next up zss.

So what do u guys want after zss?

Lucario or wario?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
lucario. no1 has enough wario experiance to actually do that discussion on either end. lets try and get matchups that we know have been played down first and save our more obscure stuff for it's not so obscure

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Since I main both characters, I can lead it the best I can when the time comes! I also fight my friend's wario all the time, and I generally love the matchup. It's so fun to use wario's bike against him. The MU is definitely Wario's favor probably as much as Meta's, simply because of his aptitude to live a hell of a lot longer. That's all I got right now without goin too indepth.

Top Bottom