• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Art of War for Palutena's soldiers! [Official Match-Up Thread]

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so we have something in common besides pit, marth is my co-main as well. you and i need to go to a tourney and team up and switch between marth/pit and double pit and also switch who is using who (you go marth first and i go pit first, then i go marth and you go pit, or something like that). i think we'd do well since we both know what is expected of the other's character in gameplay. and our different playstyles with the same charcters would really throw them off. dude what state are you in?

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
so we have something in common besides pit, marth is my co-main as well. you and i need to go to a tourney and team up and switch between marth/pit and double pit and also switch who is using who (you go marth first and i go pit first, then i go marth and you go pit, or something like that). i think we'd do well since we both know what is expected of the other's character in gameplay. and our different playstyles with the same charcters would really throw them off. dude what state are you in?
I would love too. Although, distance is the only problem ^^;. I'm in Florida and I don't think I'd be able to make it to any tournament out of state for quite a while ^^;. I'm sorry ^^;. Only way it would be possible is if we played on Wi-Fi. Still, sounds like a great plan if you're able to find a good Pit and Marth player in your state ^__^. Best of luck ^__^.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I would love too. Although, distance is the only problem ^^;. I'm in Florida and I don't think I'd be able to make it to any tournament out of state for quite a while ^^;. I'm sorry ^^;. Only way it would be possible is if we played on Wi-Fi. Still, sounds like a great plan if you're able to find a good Pit and Marth player in your state ^__^. Best of luck ^__^.
We could team~ lol. Haha jk i have a static partner. Are you going to CEO though?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Haha CEO is in orlando. Just look at the top of this page it's on there. WHere alll those "hype" threads get put.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
What tournaments have you been to in FL? FL is one of the best smash states w/ active tournaments.
I've heard that a lot, but I haven't been to ANY offline tournament. Mostly because they aren't close to where I live and cost issues. I'm just waiting for one to show up close to where I am in Florida, but so far, that hasn't happened yet =/. Still, hopefully one day I'll be able to go to one and rep Pit good ^__^. And I DESPERATELY need offline experience XD. I only have online tournament experience, and I don't think that's very good ^^;.

DarthPika

Smash Rookie
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing how Falco is supposed to be even. He seems to have a good advantage over us. I would actually venture to say that I would rather face Marth than Falco.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
go to kuro's MU thread, he has my old summaries in there. i have one on falco. trust me, falco is pretty even, but you have to know what you are doing or else you will get owned. the falco MU is very multi-dimensional as opposed to marth which is very straight forward. however it is even once you know what you're doing i promise

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing how Falco is supposed to be even. He seems to have a good advantage over us. I would actually venture to say that I would rather face Marth than Falco.

Falco is close to even.

You just have to know exactly how to play it. It isn't a simple matchup. If I had to post the most important parts I'd say....

- Camp hard. Don't do anything remotely risky until 30-40%.
- Know how to camp with arrows to pressure him. Air camping beats ground camping
- Know that Arrow Ring inturrupts his phantasm better than Pit's other moves, and can be used to predict and own especially if Falco is recovering
- Arrow him to get gimps. That is key
- Careful of his boxing game. Resort to either fast attacks (u-tilt, fsmash) or stuff with range (jab, d-tilt) but not stuff that is in the middle of either spectrum.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
too bad kuro is gone for a while. i wish he would have started an MU discussion before he left tho...
Sorry, final exams for AP classes are early and my teachers decided to unload **** HEAPS of work right around the same time, and my bday is here so my next 2 weekends are taken up (split up parents) so yaaa. It'll prolly be first of may. But i'll come back with the zss mu done. And idk if i want to write oli yet.

MVD

Smash Master
well I dont just say that im right cause im PR'd lol I just dont see how snake flat out wins this MU cause Pit has a lot of useful tools against snake its just ppl are scared to fiht snake, it is scary but the things ppl can do to snake is too silly, USE ALL YOUR JUMPS PIT PLAYERS LOL FOLLOW ME OFF STAGE

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
well I dont just say that im right cause im PR'd lol I just dont see how snake flat out wins this MU cause Pit has a lot of useful tools against snake its just ppl are scared to fiht snake, it is scary but the things ppl can do to snake is too silly, USE ALL YOUR JUMPS PIT PLAYERS LOL FOLLOW ME OFF STAGE
We STILL haven't played hahaha.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Haha i'll try i suppose. I can't wait to get my new controller. I had to use my pal Kyon's for the second tourney in a row and i feel like a moocher :(

Lucario matchup summary thread posted. Sorry this matchup thing is getting delayed. We should have the first ten or so done by end of may. I'll make it happen...somehow.

MVD

Smash Master
We can play as much as ya want I would love to help the pits out against snake

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
We can play as much as ya want I would love to help the pits out against snake

My biggest problem now...as a player and pit...is

1) On stage defensive capabilities. I can plank to heaven but i need and want to know how to play super safe on stage. Snake mu can help with that.

2) Don't fall into a pattern and learning my opponent faster and better. And ok im up to play a bunch haha. I love facing any PR or pr worthy smasher.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol the PR is just a list :p good luck learning me I'm ******** lol

Ik that's why i said PR worthy ;) (looks at Mike, keith, gary, DJ jack, ryo, etc etc.) I rather play ppl better than me. I learn faster that way.

Haha EXACTLY. The fact that you're so random means it'll be even more of a test to anticipate you.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
This thread so helpfull :D I wish our Mod helped with this thread then again SHE doesn't use pit and probably has no knowledge of him.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
That was a fast infraction lol

Yaaa...salt exists here :demon: If you go to nll we can play there ^_^ every other tourney though ima hold off on...saving for genesis x.o might not do CEO cuz of it. That and Sensei is coming back to the scene at nll and i wanna chill with him again.

Top Bottom