• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The AXE Effect" (A Pikachu Combo Video)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
This is definitely one of the coolest combo vids I've seen.

what was especially good about it:
1: it's axe
2: it's pikachu
3: the music was amazing
4: everything actually managed to flow together perfectly and build up to that ridiculous end clip, the editing and ordering of the clips was **** good

:D

Animal

Smash Lord
inspiring to say the least. your movement is isai like with pika, and the up b edge guarding...very clever

BankaiPwn

Smash Cadet
Absolutely Amazing! Props for the awesome editing, props for the awesome pikachu. Such an awesome combo video =D

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
I'm sure lots of people here WANT to go to P4 but I don't know if any of us really have the money :-/

RoM2 i haven't heard anyone say anything

illusion951

Smash Rookie
Absolutely amazing video. Great clips, great music, great editing.

Could anyone tell me the names of the songs that were used?

DissAbel

Smash Rookie
Axe, and V3ctorMan are absolutely amazing. Why doesn't this thread have more views/post. This is one of the best combo videos of the entire year, if not the best!

justice

Smash Ace
Personally, I think the next video would be even more awesome if they were combined into a pokemon combo video with some pokemon remix songs lol. Great job man I always love the start with all the box showing different events. Is it possible to download these as well if you don't mind.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Attention bumping this thread, but I made a thread in this video discussion, and I need these threads at the top again, soo maybe perhaps people can see my work...I actually want to make/edit...more of (your players) combo videos, and see what I can make out of them ^^.. <3 so please if you need a combo video... I'd be honored to make one... <3

and duh..if you haven't seen Axe Effect you should watch it ^^...
~vman~

Also... from the bottom of my heart (no homo) all of you here on SWF, really you all either criticizing, or helping me...meeting me in tourney, whatever the case.. have made another part of my life that much more enjoyable... I guess this is just a way I'd like to give back to the community... <33

EDIT: and yes it's a bit late, but I will make a downloadable link for you all to DL, I'll work on that right now.. much love swf <33

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
What axe did was Pikachus super wavedash.

From what I remember him telling me is that when something of equal priority hits pikachu's up B (half way through the second part that is), then it launches him across the stage and ledge cancels the attack. His neutral B has the same priority so it is the most common to do it with when reflected like it was. And because it ledge cancels, he was able to get out the smash instantly.

So go back and watch how he hits the bolt halfway through the second part of the Up B. It's pretty cool to actually see him do it to people haha.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
What axe did was Pikachus super wavedash.

From what I remember him telling me is that when something of equal priority hits pikachu's up B (half way through the second part that is), then it launches him across the stage and ledge cancels the attack. His neutral B has the same priority so it is the most common to do it with when reflected like it was. And because it ledge cancels, he was able to get out the smash instantly.

So go back and watch how he hits the bolt halfway through the second part of the Up B. It's pretty cool to actually see him do it to people haha.
Correct.
Also, best combo video ever, should of won combo video of 09

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love it. I was actually first going to post here to ask what the super wavedash thingy was, but I see Twin A already explained it :)

Axe, I wanna have your Pichus.

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
Why is it called a super wavedash, he didnt wavedash at all lol.

I guess its equivalent to samus but really, super WD. how bout like zip dash or jolt dash or something.

Top Bottom