• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Brawl Power Ranking [Updated Ranking! Winter 2012-2013 Season (MK Legal)]

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
Fox was your most used character on your name that you made on my Wii... :p What *are* your mains, then?
id say (after playing all of you) i main kirby and 2nd fox...
he was my most used character? i never would have expected that...

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Regarding the Okanagan bit in the first post, I really don't think we deserve a panelist from Okanagan if it's basically me helping give input on me. Until some of our others like Fazha, D0tz, James and Zyfe actually start putting forth an effort, I'd just just give the last panelist spot to LFL.... or me. :)

Hilarious image btw.

Vincent I heard you need someone to team with for Overture 5. I'm looking for someone too. yeah? Yeah?

breez

Smash Ace
ok i could go for awhile after work, how can i get there??
Easy - hop on the skytrain to production way and then take the 145 up the top of the mountian. I live at 9232 university crescent if you want to google maps it.

Takes like 30 minutes to get to my place from yours :) Some people are coming from UBC and Abbotsford too :)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Dynamism, Try to go to my tourney PICK UP YO STICKS!
Which tourney is this? The 30th I'm going to the SFU Burnaby/Jacks melee tourney... but another time for sure... It has been a while :O

Dynimism I will be waiting!!!!! LOL
Oh, oh you be done when I'm tru wit chu!

Also, of course blunted should be on the PR, he just hasn't preformed yet ;) I am expecting him to do very mean things to the BC brawl community :)
O rly? GG Eric, if you do Imma beat you!

I got this! =D
You got this! :D

Vincent has a shot at winning top 3 of the Bot20 BC singles, it helps melee community grow by making low level players play against people at their own skill level. If I am correct Vince will be attending the SFU melee only tournament on the 30th.
werd

If we play sometime (been too long), Melee friendlies and Mario vs. Sonic MM?
Bower vs. Sonic gogogo
>:[

kuraudo my Money is gonna be on erick btw...no offence..i just think hes gonna start ****** in brawl really soon...

no Jack i AM gonna win that low player tourney!!! no johns!!
Pffft, I **** earwik, and you

Bot20 You got this! :D

Regarding the Okanagan bit in the first post, I really don't think we deserve a panelist from Okanagan if it's basically me helping give input on me. Until some of our others like Fazha, D0tz, James and Zyfe actually start putting forth an effort, I'd just just give the last panelist spot to LFL.... or me. :)

Hilarious image btw.

Vincent I heard you need someone to team with for Overture 5. I'm looking for someone too. yeah? Yeah?
Woop! Are you going to Overture this weekend? How are you getting down there? If you wanna bus to my place sometime Friday, me Kaelen and Chris(P) are carpooling around 9pm and coming back EARLY Sunday morning, I could drive you down there at least. Not sure if Overture is 2 day for the ride back or anything though. Gimme a call, you have my # still me thinkz!

Put an effort in? :O
I would be #1 on Brawl PR instantly if I became active...
Just like I would be #1 in Melee PR instantly for same reason...
O RLY????

Sure man Mario vs Sonic MM and of course Melee friendlies ;)
Bower vs Mario SERIOUSLIEZ ONLYZ >:[
I only ever play SERIOUSLIEZ!!! >:[

LMAO

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
k breez, what time should i be coming over tho...and just in case...where can i call you when i get there??

Lib3r43t>i dont think ill be going to overture...sorry...maybe for another tourney...

JAMES> I shall meet you sat!! brawl MM after melee tourney!!..GG..

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
<---Will be back at Phoenix, with an Ike that doesn't just spam a when you get close.

I could attend overture, if anyone knows how to get me from a theatre in vancouver at 2 to overture before singles, then back to the theatre by 9.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
For now, we'll keep it at 4, and make a decision on the fifth spot based on what happens between now and the next update.

:005:

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
Oh well. Turns out I can't make it before registration for singles.

I'm probably not going to Phoenix either.

That was just to get AJ all hyped up, because he for some reason wants me to play.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Just so you know, those times are not final and set in stone. Everything always takes way too long :p Overture 4, I was getting there like an hour after the scheduled time for singles registration, they were just starting the doubles grand finals... :p

unityole

Smash Lord
Just so you know, those times are not final and set in stone. Everything always takes way too long :p Overture 4, I was getting there like an hour after the scheduled time for singles registration, they were just starting the doubles grand finals... :p
i cant see why melee players "showing up late" is a factor of melee events not able to finish. brawl were the beginning events, if brawl was pushed back for 1 hr, no wonder melee didnt get to finish. u guys just have to fix that or i will be hosting a melee tourney everytime ubc hosts one.

edit: that and ofcourse, we (me brian eric) comes down to agree how melee should get more attention.

breez

Smash Ace
i cant see why melee players "showing up late" is a factor of melee events not able to finish. brawl were the beginning events, if brawl was pushed back for 1 hr, no wonder melee didnt get to finish. u guys just have to fix that or i will be hosting a melee tourney everytime ubc hosts one.

edit: that and ofcourse, we (me brian eric) comes down to agree how melee should get more attention.
**** move.

I know I don't speak for Brian, but if you can host bigger/better melee tournies - why not just do it? The brawl scene seems to be doing fine now, so we don't exactly have to cater to other people.

If the melee crowd wants to attend overture events just to hangout and play video games, and maybe have a less-than-serious tournament, then that's absolutely great! Gaming and having fun is what it's all about. BUT, if you guys want a serious, melee focused tournament, then obviously you can host it amoungst yourselves.

Purposely hosting them on the same day is just spiteful and childish though.

cool story bro

I was going to say the same thing :)

Anyway Vince - I am having people over today. It is quite easy to get to my place using google maps - send me a PM or something - I will try and call you sometime today.

smash mash

Smash Apprentice

JACK NO..you cant host a melee tourney every time there is one for brawl...no dude...that's just wrong...i would be totally screwed if you did that...but in any case...it doesn't matter either...if there always are 2 tourneys on the same day, i would just go to which ever is bigger...and if there just tourney for fun, then i would go to which ever i feel like playing...it's not like im afraid of either community to get mad at me for going to the other...in this i speak for myself i dunno if other melee/brawl players feel the same...
i also think that melee players who say they don't play brawl because it affects there melee game, i think is kinda dumb...if that is true then they prob aren't that good...i play melee just fine after playing brawl, maybe it would take me a few games to get used to spacing and what not, but its not like it would forever affect me...only thing i actually find that it does affect me is getting tippers with marth in brawl...but not in melee...

**** move.

I know I don't speak for Brian, but if you can host bigger/better melee tournies - why not just do it? The brawl scene seems to be doing fine now, so we don't exactly have to cater to other people.

If the melee crowd wants to attend overture events just to hangout and play video games, and maybe have a less-than-serious tournament, then that's absolutely great! Gaming and having fun is what it's all about. BUT, if you guys want a serious, melee focused tournament, then obviously you can host it amoungst yourselves.

Purposely hosting them on the same day is just spiteful and childish though.

I was going to say the same thing :)

Anyway Vince - I am having people over today. It is quite easy to get to my place using google maps - send me a PM or something - I will try and call you sometime today.

yea Ben, ill go today after i get home from work..(i need to eat :p) but ill be heading to your place around 4?? let me know asap if this time is good...who else is going btw??

bundtcake

Smash Ace

I'm talking about Overture 4. There were no Melee events at Overture 4 because no Melee players showed up aside from Blunted_object10. Hence, no reason to try to rush events if they started to run out of schedule. There's also probably not going to be any Melee players at this tournament, meaning Brawl can, again, take as long as they want.

Melee at Overture 3 started late because Brian decided to wait for late Melee players. If they were all there and ready to go, I'm sure he would've started it, even if Brawl was still going; there were enough TVs for both events anyways.

unityole

Smash Lord
maybe i forgot to mention there will be brawl too but that was my intention all along. but really i will host a tournament on the same day as the UBC ones apparently me and my buddies arent getting clear response from them. i dont want to be an *** but some of the info we got from UBC does not add up, if u want more detail i wont mind explain everything to you, over pm or msn.

it is childish to purposely host tournies on the same day but hey, ubc has sf4. i never once said i dislike brawl, however i prefer melee more. i dont play melee but i love watching fast melee games, the same would apply to fast brawl games, at the highest possible level (ie m2k, ally, superboom all the great fast players etc)

my tournament will have brawl and melee, maybe smash brothers 64 if there is enough tv or entrants. on top of that i recall Breez lives on SFU Burnaby campus, its even closer for u instead of heading all the way to UBC for a tournament. its true they might have better venue, but its because we are smashers and im a gamer i will have a more dedicated tournament of smash than a tournament of fighting games. (plus i dont charge venue, ever)

finally, all im doing is that i max out playing time (ie friendlies and tournies, with a possibility of making singles best of 5 then finals best of 7 instead of 3 and 5) i cherish smash, probably cause i cherish the game and the competition as a gamer. u guys might not see where im coming from but i now understand why adam and eric are so hardcore at smash.

thus i will not change my thoughts on this matter and i will host smash tournies, unless UBC can clear up with our requests and give us some reasonable answer.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Okay quick post before I respond to the rest:

maybe i forgot to mention there will be brawl too but that was my intention all along.
Topic of your thread: "Melee: BC MELEE ONLY tournament January 30th Saturday!"
First sentence of your thread: Melee mentioned, Brawl and 64 crossed out.

LOL?

unityole

Smash Lord
Melee at Overture 3 started late because Brian decided to wait for late Melee players. If they were all there and ready to go, I'm sure he would've started it, even if Brawl was still going; there were enough TVs for both events anyways.
brian should know whats best if he wants to increase # of entrants. UBC is very far from pretty much everyone thus decreases # of people attending. overture isnt dedicated for smash thus decreases # of entrants. no offense here but it is very obvious if u want to increase # of entrants u'll do whats best for the tournament, not for the people.

overture isnt a big tournament so if u want to increase entrants, lower the venue fee OR follow what attendees wanted OR hype up the event with famous player.

there wasnt any famous player that would attract dedicated smashers. venue fee was not lowered so he decided to wait for the late melee players. if waiting for late people was his choice of the 3, he should not complain. i kicked off a couple of washington players took them 5 hrs from seattle to get to SFU. they told me 30 mins and i gave 30 mins, but they were actually 1+ hr late thus i disqualified them from entering doubles.

if people wants to play smash they will have to make some sacrifises too, not just the TO.

unityole

Smash Lord
Okay quick post before I respond to the rest:

Topic of your thread: "Melee: BC MELEE ONLY tournament January 30th Saturday!"
First sentence of your thread: Melee mentioned, Brawl and 64 crossed out.

LOL?
i hope u read it again and u'll know that i said "up coming UBC tournies and up coming SFU smash tournaments"

breez

Smash Ace
yea Ben, ill go today after i get home from work..(i need to eat :p) but ill be heading to your place around 4?? let me know asap if this time is good...who else is going btw??
No good man! I don't think I will be home until 6 at earliest, 7 at lastest. We can only brawl till a little bit after midnight unfortunately, but it should be fun.

Bryan/Brian from UBC are coming, and so is Kevin from abbotsford.

Brb reading rest of thread :p

unityole

Smash Lord
You didn't say that and there's not really anything in your post that suggests it.
from all the overture 5 thread drama i was sure u would realize i made this melee tournament purely cause of the fact that i dont like the way melee being handled AND brian not agreeing with us even after we offered help.

that is to say, 30th tourney was probably because of Breez said "if they wanted a melee tourney for themselves, which seems like they do, let them have it" and that was probably 80% of why im hosting a melee only tourney.

ive also getting complains from our smashers, saying polite things but they really dont wanna attend overture anymore, ask me to make an event, a smashfest or tourney.

but i am sure i mentioned about how i host tournaments with both melee and brawl, in the overture thread.

on a side note, i am planning to host a big smash tournament either end of this year, or sometime in may next year or near summer. u can believe what breez said "me buying off melee" however u want but i am going to put about 800 dollars of my own money into this event, 500 for melee, 200 for brawl and 100 for smash 64. a waste of money, MAYBE. why do i do it, i donno maybe cause i love competition and the smash scene.

i will hopefully have the biggest venue near some hotel with SFU and some game association sponsoring me just like my old counterstrike team when i went to Sask for tournies. i am looking for 150 to 200 players, with over 20+ stations.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
First 3 paragraphs of your post: irrelevant to our discussion so far.

Response to your last paragraph: You mentioned that you used to, but you never implied any intention to host a tournament with Brawl in the future.

EDIT: Ninja'd by an edit! I am giving you an internet pat on the back for hosting a tourney with Brawl. Also I like how you keep mentioning how much you love Smash, when this is not really relevant. The point is that you decided to host a tournament at the exact same time as Overture. You could've held this tourney a week before, or a week later, and everyone would've been all "Sure, that's fair enough, people that only want to go to one of them only have to go to one, and people that want to go to both can to go both," but you didn't, and that's why you have all of these posts saying "dude wtf man".

unityole

Smash Lord
First 3 paragraphs of your post: irrelevant to our discussion so far.

Response to your last paragraph: You mentioned that you used to, but you never implied any intention to host a tournament with Brawl in the future.
well u can go on and argue about how i dont answer ur question. but i am implying now tournaments after this saturday will likely to have both melee and brawl, i dont really argue, unless u bash something i care.

to ur response the 1st 3 paragraphs not making sense or irrelevant. our discussion was on about melee being pushed back, and u said something about not OV4 but OV3 instead. maybe i didnt make my points clear enough but its cause i dont want to offend brian but since u put it that way i will say it clearly.

overture is a small tournament, not famous, far for most and we think its not worth our time. so if brian want more people to show up, he should make his tournament big by doing the 3 things ive listed (satisfy the attendees, lower venue fee, more famous player) brian choose to satisfy the players by waiting for them but not lower venue fee, so he should not complain about how people show up late, which is relevant to my 1st discussion on "i dont see how showing up late is a good reason etc etc"

edit: in the end meleers werent satisfied cause melee events didnt get to finish, bah

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Lol, so much Jack. I don't mind going to big tourneys with melee and brawl. I prefer to meet more of the community anyways. If you do hold brawl/melee, lemme know.

In fact, I think Jack is proposing a better option for both melee/brawl.
No entry fee, just pay for what you play, meet more of the community, etc.

Also, lemme know if I'm gettin my facts wrong... but overall IMO, it seems like Jack's tourney > Overture.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
well u can go on and argue about how i dont answer ur question. but i am implying now tournaments after this saturday will likely to have both melee and brawl, im dont really argue, unless u bash something i care.

to ur response the 1st 3 paragraphs not making sense or irrelevant. our discussion was on about melee being pushed back, and u said something about not OV4 but OV3 instead. maybe i didnt make my points clear enough but its cause i dont want to offend brian but since u put it that will i will say it clearly.

overture is a small tournament, not famous, far for most and we think its not worth our time. so if brian want more people to show up, he should make his tournament big by doing the 3 things ive listed (satisfy the attendees, lower venue fee, more famous player) brian choose to satisfy the players by waiting for them but not lower venue fee, so he should not complain about how people show up late, which is relevant to my 1st discussion on "i dont see how showing up late is a good reason"
Both the venue fee and entry fees were lowered for OV5, I guess you didn't notice. And late players WERE the reason Melee didn't end on time. It may not be a good reason, but that's the reason. Brian posted saying that he had learned his lesson and wouldn't be waiting for these latecomers again, meaning that it would not be an issue at OV5. "Satisfying the attendees" and "more famous players" would both be related to how much personal effort Brian put into the tournaments. If you're saying he didn't put in enough effort in your opinion, fair enough! I'm not here to say that Brian is the best tournament host ever, I'm just saying that all of your complaints are still no reason to host a tournament on the same day.

EDIT:

Lol, so much Jack. I don't mind going to big tourneys with melee and brawl. I prefer to meet more of the community anyways. If you do hold brawl/melee, lemme know.

In fact, I think Jack is proposing a better option for both melee/brawl.
No entry fee, just pay for what you play, meet more of the community, etc.

Also, lemme know if I'm gettin my facts wrong... but overall IMO, it seems like Jack's tourney > Overture.
Jack's tourney may be better than Overture, but he's holding it on the same day in a really childish protest.

unityole

Smash Lord
Both the venue fee and entry fees were lowered for OV5, I guess you didn't notice.
i did notice.. if u read my post-response in OV5 thread u'll find out why I still end up hosting melee tournament on the same day. since i dont find anyone offensive except when breez bash melee i wont mind say it again.

we asked brian if we can have 3 tvs, while we provide our own. lowered venue fees which he managed to do. and finally start melee as early as noon or 1 pm while having us run the melee events and he can be busy with brawl or sf4. i was told some people other than brian was running the brackets for melee at other OV tournies so us running it ourselves shouldnt be a problem, if it was he would have said something about it.

we asked manytimes, MANY MANY TIMES. first i listed 4 things the 4 above. he said venue lowered, great, what about the other 3. we asked again and he said he can give us 3 TVs thats good too, theres 2 more to go. we waited for about a week or so and theres no response so we decided its not gonna work, all this waiting was over a span of over 2 weeks really. in all of his answer or response there was never a direct one. he never give anything fully to answer all of our concerns. therefore i cant have him host melee like that, just might end up like all the other time.

Jack's tourney may be better than Overture, but he's holding it on the same day in a really childish protest.
ive already explained, and ive said that it is childish. u saying how loving a game is irrelevant, well now this is where it matters the most. i love the game and i dont like how melee is handled, so i will take away the meleers for our own purpose.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
It's like saying: "OMG, I wanna get Game 1! But wait!, Game 2 is coming out on same day, but it is better and cheaper?!?!"

What I see is better marketing. XD
Jack, as good as your tourney will be, it still seems like a **** move.
+1 awesome, -1 respect.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
ive already explained, and ive said that it is childish. u saying how loving a game is irrelevant, well now this is where it matters the most. i love the game and i dont like how melee is handled, so i will take away the meleers for our own purpose.
Thanks for this bit, it's made me realize how much I've been overestimating you, and how redundant this conversation is...

unityole

Smash Lord
It's like saying: "OMG, I wanna get Game 1! But wait!, Game 2 is coming out on same day, but it is better and cheaper?!?!"

What I see is better marketing. XD
Jack, as good as your tourney will be, it still seems like a **** move.
+1 awesome, -1 respect.
lol thanks thats how i roll =D

Thanks for this bit, it's made me realize how much I've been overestimating you, and how redundant this conversation is...
i have explained everything to u with the best of my abilities after u throwing tens of questions at me and doubting me. at least its better than brian answering 1 per week after we listed 4 things the 1st time. i guess i will take that as a compliment

unityole

Smash Lord
the main reason u still dont agree with how we think is probably theres too many little things we disagree upon, if u dont mind i want to talk to u over msn and we can start at the smallest thing possible. i will have every answer for ur question and maybe in return u will understand how i think. i respect ur opinion but i will be firm of what i believe in. if u can change my way of thinking thats good stuff.

if u think its creepy to talk to me over msn then i guess maybe i am creepy, or u need to improve ur social skills. jack_tuboogee@hotmail.com, i will be online until 3 pm i think, feel free to add me for talk or up coming tournaments/events for smash

Top Bottom