• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Brawl Power Ranking [Updated Ranking! Winter 2012-2013 Season (MK Legal)]

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
host on a different date?
If only. D=

I'm kind of in the same position as Vincent here, in that there are two tournaments on the same day that I would really like to go to, but I'm being forced to choose. Everybody that plays both Melee and Brawl is getting screwed over, for this weekend at least. Even if you were to start hosting Brawl as well for future events, I'd be hesitant to ditch out on the Overture events. It may sound stupid to some, but OV3 was the event that got the Brawl scene started up again, and I feel like our community as it is today owes a lot to the tournament series.

:005:

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
Well in my opinion, if jack starts to make melee/brawl tourney's...i think i would def go to them, even if there was another OV the same day...and i would think that any other smash players might consider the same...
i seriously have no idea why brawl and melee players have this whole debate...its the same dam game, just for different consoles, whatever yea they are different in so many ways...but its not like we are comparing smash with street fighter or something...i think being at one whole double event would be great, and not only help expand 1 COMMUNITY but BOTH...the more people gamers see playing a game, they will get interested as well...like i said, i don't want to have to quit brawl for melee...and i don't want to quite melee for brawl...so far smashers Ive met from both community are good people to get along with and i think most would have my same opinion...its still kinda odd for me how there are brawl players who have never met some melee players and vice-versa...but what ever...i would just like to see both community's to get along more...although I know that who hate more is the melee community, don't really know why... maybe cause they pissed at brawl for not having wave dash or l-cancel...or some other advance techniques but yea there are mods for that already...and if your worried about other places playing with their own version...screw them whatever...we will just make tourneys for us in this province...bottom line..is we all have fun, and have a great time while meeting other people...with our same interest and love for the game.

unityole

Smash Lord
um, brawl smashfest next wednesday at SFU Surrey games room. i will hope to see some of you there, ikool, firefly, vince, bundtcake and maybe eric + sion. theres always room for melee as well, a good start to get to know each other.

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
um, brawl smashfest next wednesday at SFU Surrey games room. i will hope to see some of you there, ikool, firefly, vince, bundtcake and maybe eric + sion. theres always room for melee as well, a good start to get to know each other.
Sweet...thats what im talking about yo...def gonna come...i hope everyone else does too... :)

ikool

Smash Apprentice
GOOD **** JACK! Smashfest at SFU next wednesday fo sho.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
hey I found this awesome website the other day check it out

http://maps.google.com/
That's not helpful man...ever been OOS trying to get to a tourney from a random location?
Locals are supposed to be helpful people LOL

cool story bro
Pretty much lol

BUT, if you guys want a serious, melee focused tournament, then obviously you can host it amoungst yourselves.

I was going to say the same thing :)
I don't think I've ever played smash 'seriously'... ever... melee included. Smash is fun, and that's the reason everyone plays. Melee just involves more mindgames and ****/some people take it personally because that's the way they are/don't like when they get tricked/gimped/*****/it's still fun just with an edge when people get too into it. LOL

And pretty much, again lol

JACK NO..you cant host a melee tourney every time there is one for brawl...no dude...that's just wrong...i would be totally screwed if you did that
This ^

from all the overture 5 thread drama i was sure u would realize i made this melee tournament purely cause of the fact that i dont like the way melee being handled AND brian not agreeing with us even after we offered help.

on a side note, i am planning to host a big smash tournament either end of this year, or sometime in may next year or near summer. u can believe what breez said "me buying off melee" however u want but i am going to put about 800 dollars of my own money into this event, 500 for melee, 200 for brawl and 100 for smash 64. a waste of money, MAYBE. why do i do it, i donno maybe cause i love competition and the smash scene.
ALWAYS ACCEPT HELP!!!
All TOs learn that eventually after hosting enough large events...

Jack, you're too good...don't make hype until after Evan's summer tourney though...

Response to your last paragraph: You mentioned that you used to, but you never implied any intention to host a tournament with Brawl in the future.

EDIT: Ninja'd by an edit! I am giving you an internet pat on the back for hosting a tourney with Brawl. Also I like how you keep mentioning how much you love Smash, when this is not really relevant. The point is that you decided to host a tournament at the exact same time as Overture. You could've held this tourney a week before, or a week later, and everyone would've been all "Sure, that's fair enough, people that only want to go to one of them only have to go to one, and people that want to go to both can to go both," but you didn't, and that's why you have all of these posts saying "dude wtf man".
Jack started Brawl in BC. Brawl community takes over...
That's how it works with every community. That's how it worked with SMASH entirely in the Okanagan (THE ENTIRE PROVINCE OUTSIDE OF VANCOUVER AND THE ISLAND) and every region on the planet.
But every time, the founder will eventually return. The community has to do it's part, and once it's stable, the people who made it 'grow' at the beginning for it to become what it is now, come back to make it better.

It's a universal rule of any community that lasts.

But yes, same day = sucks for me.
BUUUUT at the same time 2 tourneys > 1 on a weekend, and possibly > 1 big one the same weekend.

AJ coming from Okanagan goes to Overture, some of us go to Melee SFU, we get choices for what we want more.

My group from 6 hours away can only stay for Saturday, leaving EARLY Sunday and LATE Friday. A big tourney, we wouldn't be able to stay until the end, a small tourney, we get to stay for the whole thing. Options for the small tourney, we get what we crave, not excess of what we're not looking for.

Dilemas at their finest rly. :D

Haha this thread is going places!
werd XD

I'm kind of in the same position as Vincent here

Same again
I can only make trips every so often...
Spread these out or combine them...
Preferably, spread them out.

Well in my opinion, if jack starts to make melee/brawl tourney's...i think i would def go to them

is the melee community, don't really know why...
It would be silly to not go to Jacks tourneys...
He's been doing the best hosting and organizing BC could've ever dreamed of for over 2 years (maybe longer but I wouldn't know passed that)

It's partially because Brawl is slow and delays tournaments HARD because it takes 5 times longer to finish every match and event.
The main reason is that the majority of the Brawl community came from johners/whiners/young people that didn't do any good for anyone/noobs that didn't know better/people who took it too seriously/weren't friendly or helpful/etc.
I knew first hand from becoming one of the best in all of WC canada, and needless to say, I didn't want to be involved much longer and left (to wait for things to turn around)
And it really didn't help that one of the few people that COULD beat me, when the best player in the province at a bran new game to an already amazing community, is a 12 year old kid with a horrible attitude, fouler mouth than most grown ghetto men, disrespectful, ungrateful and not at all helpful, my attention was swayed away from the game, along with everyone else who loved the games and was good enough to stay with it.
That player has turn a corner a bit, but even to date, most of the Brawlers that joined the core community 'from the beginning' and haven't moved on to melee, aren't with us anymore, or aren't really respectful/respected. With good reason.

These people have withered away and continue to disapear as time passes, the ACTUAL community is finally showing itself.

The smash community had VERY GOOD reason to 'hate on brawl'
It needs/needed time to get back to tolerable terms.
If nobody has noticed, it IS turning around...surely everyone's noticed ;D
Still work to do though LOL

BTW

I'm so #1 on this PR when I come back to Brawl XD

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
That's not helpful man...ever been OOS trying to get to a tourney from a random location?

Pretty much lol

I don't think I've ever played smash 'seriously'... ever... melee included. Smash is fun, and that's the reason everyone plays. Melee just involves more mindgames and ****/some people take it personally because that's the way they are/don't like when they get tricked/gimped/*****/it's still fun just with an edge when people get too into it. LOL

This ^

ALWAYS ACCEPT HELP!!!

Jack, you're too good...don't make hype until after Evan's summer tourney though...

That's how it works with every community. That's how it worked with SMASH entirely in the Okanagan (THE ENTIRE PROVINCE OUTSIDE OF VANCOUVER AND THE ISLAND) and every region on the planet.
But every time, the founder will eventually return. The community has to do it's part, and once it's stable, the people who made it 'grow' at the beginning for it to become what it is now, come back to make it better.

BUUUUT at the same time 2 tourneys > 1 on a weekend, and possibly > 1 big one the same weekend.

AJ coming from Okanagan goes to Overture, some of us go to Melee SFU, we get choices for what we want more.

My group from 6 hours away can only stay for Saturday, leaving EARLY Sunday and LATE Friday. A big tourney, we wouldn't be able to stay until the end, a small tourney, we get to stay for the whole thing. Options for the small tourney, we get what we crave, not excess of what we're not looking for.

werd XD

Same again

He's been doing the best hosting and organizing BC could've ever dreamed of for over 2 years (maybe longer but I wouldn't know passed that)

It's partially because Brawl is slow and delays tournaments HARD because it takes 5 times longer to finish every match and event.
The main reason is that the majority of the Brawl community came from johners/whiners/young people that didn't do any good for anyone/noobs that didn't know better/people who took it too seriously/weren't friendly or helpful/etc.
I knew first hand from becoming one of the best in all of WC canada, and needless to say, I didn't want to be involved much longer and left (to wait for things to turn around)
And it really didn't help that one of the few people that COULD beat me, when the best player in the province at a bran new game to an already amazing community, is a 12 year old kid with a horrible attitude, fouler mouth than most grown ghetto men, disrespectful, ungrateful and not at all helpful, my attention was swayed away from the game, along with everyone else who loved the games and was good enough to stay with it.
That player has turn a corner a bit, but even to date, most of the Brawlers that joined the core community 'from the beginning' and haven't moved on to melee, aren't with us anymore, or aren't really respectful/respected. With good reason.

These people have withered away and continue to disapear as time passes, the ACTUAL community is finally showing itself.

BTW

LOLOLOLOLOLOL, IM STILL HERE SILLY, IF ITS LIKE IT WAS 2 YEARS AGO, I COULD STILL BEAT YOU :p. Well i did quit for 2 years but yeah. I also like how your trying to be discrete about Clouderz

but yeah its true, brawl back in the day was kinda whack, me and ced left for pretty much left for the same reason. Cause the scene was dying to a bunch of haters and 12 year old kids who can press B.

Thats why you need to come down more James, build the figurative bridges between melee and brawl.

EDIT: but i will say, the brawl community now, is a lot better than the OG days, so i think having a tourney with both wouldnt be a bad idea.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
LOLOLOLOLOLOL, IM STILL HERE SILLY, IF ITS LIKE IT WAS 2 YEARS AGO, I COULD STILL BEAT YOU :p. Well i did quit for 2 years but yeah. I also like how your trying to be discrete about Clouderz

but yeah its true, brawl back in the day was kinda whack, me and ced left for pretty much left for the same reason. Cause the scene was dying to a bunch of haters and 12 year old kids who can press B.

Thats why you need to come down more James, build the figurative bridges between melee and brawl.

EDIT: but i will say, the brawl community now, is a lot better than the OG days, so i think having a tourney with both wouldnt be a bad idea.
Last time we played I think I remember some close matches... but you could never beat me! What you talkin' 'bout? Every good player quit for like a year LOL! Either way, this time you don't even have a CHANCE!!! ;)
SMAK TALK SUKA! LOL

Yeah, the Brawl scene was like :urg:
Now uncool people are going back to their hiding places and cool people are making the community cool. Keep it up! :D

Oh I may one day, but you can handle it until then. I'm all the way inland anyway, you got this! ;P

And the smash family is one again! :D

Now, onto more important topics...
WHO WANSTA PLAY TVC!
What's TVC?

Is that Brawl related?

GET ON TOPIC!!!! >:[

LOL that was a good one by me thur ;D

breez

Smash Ace
Way to not mention me :(

smash mash

Smash Apprentice

Pretty much lol

This ^

ALWAYS ACCEPT HELP!!!

werd XD

Same again

BTW

LOL James...i see why now everyone hated on brawl...well i don't know how the community was back then...when everyone played brawl...but i can guarantee that this new community will be awesome...Im glad that Eric came with me to OV4, i think that might have helped a bit to get a few players the attention at playing brawl again...and i don't know clouderz, but if i ever meet some annoying brat, who just talks **** all the time...i would seriously tell them to **** off... and get lost, i don't care how good they may be, pricks don't go with me...
and no James..you would have to pown me when i get 1st on pr, and i wont be easy!! THATS RIGHT BRYAN im def gonna get that 1st place sometime soon!!! :D..but in the mean time...ill keep trying... :p... i hope that brawl keeps picking up again, it also is a really fun game...

your too good to be mentioned breez... :p btw ben can you also put my marth on the pr list please.. :) he is also one of my mains...although i need alot of work with him...but he will get much better soon

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
Last time we played I think I remember some close matches... but you could never beat me! What you talkin' 'bout? Every good player quit for like a year LOL! Either way, this time you don't even have a CHANCE!!! ;)
SMAK TALK SUKA! LOL

Yeah, the Brawl scene was like :urg:
Now uncool people are going back to their hiding places and cool people are making the community cool. Keep it up! :D

Oh I may one day, but you can handle it until then. I'm all the way inland anyway, you got this! ;P

What's TVC?

Is that Brawl related?

GET ON TOPIC!!!! >:[

LOL that was a good one by me thur ;D
yeah i think the last time we played i didnt beat you, the one when superboom came to SFU, your ice climbers were too good, but back than i only played Ike and Dedede, but i have beaten you in the past RAWRAWRWR smack talk. I WILL BEAT YOU THIS TIME

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
yea the brawl community is much better now so many friendly people! =D
:D
and no James..you would have to pown me when i get 1st on pr, and i wont be easy!! THATS RIGHT BRYAN im def gonna get that 1st place sometime soon!!! :D..but in the mean time...ill keep trying... :p... i hope that brawl keeps picking up again, it also is a really fun game...
Beat you to get 1st? Easy as 1 2 3

OH SHI!!!

yeah i think the last time we played i didnt beat you, the one when superboom came to SFU, your ice climbers were too good, but back than i only played Ike and Dedede, but i have beaten you in the past RAWRAWRWR smack talk. I WILL BEAT YOU THIS TIME
No you won't, you're easy as 1 2 3

OH SHI!!!

XD <3
SMAK TALK ALL ROUND!!!

Seriously though, heard good things and it can only get even better. Should be fun to come back one day. :D

bundtcake

Smash Ace
I think you underestimate the usefulness of Google Maps :p Whenever someone asks me for directions from _____ to _____, I just go to Google Maps and type in _______, click "get directions", type in from _______, click on the public transit option, and read it off to them. Whenever my family and I travel to the US, we always use Google Maps to get around everywhere... :p

EDIT: I sound like an advertisement D:

"Whenever I travel, I always make sure to use Google Maps©!"

unityole

Smash Lord
Dyna, meet me at some event and MM me.

Going to SFU next wednesday?
sfu surrey games room close at 9 pm, if u dont get there before 5, its really not worth the travel time. theres 3 tvs, 1 wii, hopefully 1 more person will bring another setup for brawl.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Some young kid that says he hates brawl but could probably **** everyone in BC lol. He's a pretty big tool aswell.

unityole

Smash Lord

Clouderz

Smash Ace
ya clouderz what a noob

if anyone wants to play online sometime this week, catch me on allisbrawl, LOL cuz thats where you get good at brawl.

i am actually the coolest person you will ever meet in person, Ever.
i just talk **** online cuz, i've been doing that for 3 years? im 14 dont take me srs

stoked for pheonix brawl :)

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
ya clouderz what a noob

if anyone wants to play online sometime this week, catch me on allisbrawl, LOL cuz thats where you get good at brawl.

i am actually the coolest person you will ever meet in person, Ever.
i just talk **** online cuz, i've been doing that for 3 years? im 14 dont take me srs

stoked for pheonix brawl :)
Go rank on AiB scrub :)

Top Bottom