• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bad*** Lord of the Axe: Hector (Fire Emblem)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Hector does manage to get in, I hope he has other attacks then just picking a direction an swinging his axe that way. Otherwise he would be boring like Roy and Marth.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
If Hector does manage to get in, I hope he has other attacks then just picking a direction an swinging his axe that way. Otherwise he would be boring like Roy and Marth.
You want Andross in Brawl. You think Marth is boring.

Almost nobody wants Andross in Brawl. Almost nobody things Marth is boring.

avyuir

Smash Cadet
Hector would be so awsome if he were in brawl. I mean we have 4 sword weildin characters already so lets add some orginality by adding a guy with a giant axe !
HECTOR FTW:laugh:

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
RISE THREAD, RISE.

Just imagine the Smash Bro announcer shouting out "Hector!" then four stocking someone with his mighty, devilish, renegade lord self.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
B </> : Hector pushes his axe forward with his hands. It hits the opponent for minor damage. Hector then spins the axe head 90 degrees around, and uses one side to yank the opponent back at him. (From EnFerris)

Don't forget punching his opponent in the face.

D

Deleted member

It seemed a little overpowered. I toned it down a bit. I hope you don't mind ;).

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
It fits Hector, too. Tone the damage down on all the parts and have it deal a small amount of damage at each step. But, whatever, lol. Not like Sakurai reads this.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I would very much like to see Hectr above all FE charachters. HE was my favorite and for the first time in a good while seen some welcomed variation when he whopped out his Wolf's Bane (that N**** was awseome). I dont want to hear about people saying that Eliwood has abtter chance. From a personal experience Eliwood was disspointing to the Max. While Lyn and Hecotr gut much improved he just got worse(he got a stupid horse). Not only that I want to see more variety in the game and i think he could provide it.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I dunno... Hector's not all THAT great
and he died like a chump in FE6
... ( I love being devil's advocate... :grin:)
I say Lyn's the best choice from FE7 - so what if she's ANOTHER swordfighter? I say greater gender diversity takes priority over weapon diversity....

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
WHAT?!!?!? I just started FE6!!! BA***RD!!!!!!1!1!1!!!11ONEONE!!!

Oh DeathBorne....why do you hurt me so?

Hector is really cool. Ganondorf is kinda slow in certain respects, but he still managed to stomp on most of the roster and make it to High Tier. Hector would be much more like Ganondorf in relation to speed and power and such, and not Bowser.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Whoops - Didn't mean to spoil the story for ya... :embarrass I'll go back post the spoiler censor over it. I personally like Hector, but again I doubt he's getting in just for the fact he's an axe-wielding lord... Pretty much all the high-priority FE lords are swordwielders (Ike, Sigurd, Lyn, etc.) Sheeda from FE1/FE3, who happens to be a spear-wielder (more specifically a pegasus knight), also stands a pretty good chance, although probably no better off than Hector...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Hector got in, I say his older form looks much better (and is more diverse in relation to the other characters) then his younger look (which is similar to Marth).

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Well, Hector would be interesting. But I don't like the idea of him being a replacement. Why not just an addition. I think SSBB character spaces are as limited as we think. I mean come on, this is the Wii we're talking about not the Cube.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but maybe the compression system has improved, or whatever.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai has put the character cap at forty. I honestly think that's a bit much. Too much choice is a bad thing. Not to mention rushed out characters. It's not about how many oe can squeeze in, it's about how many a game needs.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yeah when you think about it, practically doubling the amount of playable characters (exclude the non-returning) is more than expected. The margin for making it into the game is wide yet small at the same time. Still...Hector would be a nice/original welcome to the roster.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
How sad it is that Sakurai has turned our cries for hector down. But maybe not. I am still optimistic about Hector. Over all maybe one of the best candidates.Lyn would make a good addition (the sex difference a durr) but NOT! as good as hector.The sol Katti was a huge sword and the way she weilded it didn't make since(what lightweight person carries a 14 pound sword). hectors frame made since and so did his attribute. And speaking for everyone who has played FE7 Eliwood was a dissapointment Not as close to as good as he was in FE6. ONly reason he would be considered he's like the main charachter of 7. hector is an overall good charachter he's not fast but he's not as slow as most people think. he's incredulously strong and i think he would make a good addition.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, someone bumped this!

How about that for some of my others, huh?

Anyways, Hector could be a great addition to Brawl. People are always moaning about swordsmen, so why not let someone with an axe in?

Its still too early to say proto, so don't give up yet.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Hey. Here's thing. If we pare down the number of FE swordsmen to just Marth, and the include Hector; then we have a swordsman and an Axe wielder. Now, what's the Paper to Swords' Scissors and Axes' rock in FE? IT is the spear. So why don't we include Ephraim as well, bringing the whole tryptich off weapons to Smash.

Also, other notable Axe wielders, swordsmen, and Spearmen could be switched out as alternate costumes if that feature is included.

T-major

Smash Champion
Hey. Here's thing. If we pare down the number of FE swordsmen to just Marth, and the include Hector; then we have a swordsman and an Axe wielder. Now, what's the Paper to Swords' Scissors and Axes' rock in FE? IT is the spear. So why don't we include Ephraim as well, bringing the whole tryptich off weapons to Smash.

Also, other notable Axe wielders, swordsmen, and Spearmen could be switched out as alternate costumes if that feature is included.
thats a great idea! I never even thought of the weapon triangle when it came to FE characters in brawl. I'm normaly against the replacement of Roy. but if they did the weapon triangle thing, I would be all for it. from what I've heard about Hector, he's seems cool (lightning axe FTW!), so put him in. and Ephraim would be cool because he uses a spear. which would be something new to SSB. sounds like a good idea to me.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Hector is the only FE character I support(besides Marth...)

Axe would be interesting to use.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I support the weapon triangle, and even think they should be built with the triangle in mind. Axes are slower so the have a bad tima against swords, Spears outrange swords, and um Axe users are too heavy for the average speed spear wielders.
Marth(or Ike) would be perfect for the sword
Hector is the only axe option
and Ephraim is the best spear option.

Lyn could go in too, making four FE characters, as FE is built on it's characters(There is more character development for Eliwood than for Link, Mario, or Samus in his two games vs their hordes.) it needs as many characters as say Mario or Zelda.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Sakurai has put the character cap at forty. I honestly think that's a bit much. Too much choice is a bad thin.
Wrong, the more characters in the more sales it makes, characters are what sells this game, not gameplay. MGS fans will buy this for Snake not because they appreciate what a magnificant game it truely is. Nintendo is (finally) focusing on selling games and that's what more characters will do.

Sigurd>hector period.
No way, Sigurd is lame. I have played his game (although I have only finished his half). He may be uber powerful but still Hector is cooler because his wife doesn't cheat on him with some dumb arse creepy guy that is like full in love with his half brother. Statwise Sigurd > Hector. Hector is more well known because his game is worldwide though, if Sigurd was off his horse and only used his sword (Tryfing) he would suck balls, if he was on the horse with lances and swords he would be good.

Marth(or Ike) would be perfect for the sword
Or Both because they are very different and popular. Marth was the very first FE Lord and Ike is the most popular lord worldwide, in Japan the title may stll belong to Sigurd but everywhere else it is Ike. Both deserve it.

and Ephraim is the best spear option.
Ephraim would be great but I don't see anyone from FE8 making it. The game doesn't have any other games in it's continuity like the others. FE1/3 (arguably 2), FE4/5, FE6/7 and FE9/10. Although FE8 was well recieved in Japan... Still there really isn't anything that makes it stand out.
FE1 - First game
FE2 - New Engine, New map system
FE3 - Best Selling
FE4 - Most Popular
FE5 - Hardest with "Maniac mode"
FE6 - Brand new engine
FE7 - First World wide
FE9 - First 3D, most popular world wide, returned to old engine.

FE8 sorta has the whole creature campaign thing but previous titles have that too so I dunno, I just feel like FE8 characters are unlikely.

Each Fire Emblem Game has about 20-30 characters full of potential, which makes it hard to choose and there are 9 games in the series. Some games also have two or more lords making it harder to choose again, I wish this game would have 100+ characters, FE characters are way cooler than Mario characters....

GenG

Smash Lord
No way, Sigurd is lame. I have played his game (although I have only finished his half). He may be uber powerful but still Hector is cooler because his wife doesn't cheat on him with some dumb arse creepy guy that is like full in love with his half brother. Statwise Sigurd > Hector. Hector is more well known because his game is worldwide though, if Sigurd was off his horse and only used his sword (Tryfing) he would suck balls, if he was on the horse with lances and swords he would be good.
Your reason is pretty lame, and you totally misunderstood the facts. As I said in the other thread, Diadora was kidnapped and brainwashed by Manfloy, and left as a "present" for Alvis, to have children who will be the heirs to the Naga Book and Loputousu himself, as a plan crafted by Manfloy (Alvis didn't knew about this). Obiously, she don't remember Sigurd and Celice, so he marries with Sigurd's halfbrother. But the funny thing here is that Diadora and Alvis were both halfbrothers of the same mother (Cigyun, descendant of Loputousu)! So their children would be pure heirs of Loputousu.

At the end...
She was killed by her corrupted son, Julius, just after she teleported Julia somewhere. Julius later would claim the Naga Book as the reencarnation of Loputousu and the final boss itself.

As you can see, Diadora didn't "cheated" Sigurd. When she saw Sigurd at Velthomer castle before the raid, she didn't recognized him.

Top Bottom