• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bad*** Lord of the Axe: Hector (Fire Emblem)

Cairodin

Smash Rookie
First off
BUMP FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Personally, Hector was one of the most enjoyable characters of ANY of the FE games I've played (although I have not had the opportunity to play as Sigurd). It's a common assumption that he'd be slow, but it's more likely that he'd be of Roy-like speed (maybe a tad slower) and fall quickly because of being very heavy. Hector provides some much needed weapon balance to the game, that and he's just one bada** mofo!

I don't feel as personally linked to Ike as some others, but I'd be fine with him either replacing a Marth or Roy character, even becoming a blend of the two.

As for Lyn, I believe that she'd most likely have a unique sword-style relative to the others in SSBB. Where they have their European swords, she's got the katana.

Finally, Ephraim is the only other FE character I'd consider: he's a spear user. Not much else to say, there.

There's my two cents.

Sandy

Smash Champion
My other favorite Fire Emblem character, Hector is the opposite of Lyndis–slow but strong. He’s a tank, but wouldn’t be quite the same as Bowser. I imagine he’d have decent mobility, but his attacks would be powerful and slow. To counter his quicker mobility, he’d be lighter than Bowser and those heavyweights. He’s got a freakin’ axe, which would mean completely different attacks than the other weapon-wielders.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the bump.

In my opinion, Hector is one of the most likely candidates for Brawl. Recent, quite popular, and unique. Hurry up and confirm him Sakurai!

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
I would love to be able to swing around a weapon OTHER than a fricken sword. Seriously, they're extremelly overused. At least Pit has double daggers/bow wich are in a diferent spirit t a sword. But so far we have metaknight, Link, any other version of link that has a chance of coming out, the posibility of Ganondorf having a sword, and any Fire emblem character outside of Hector and Efraim that has a chance of making it in. Well, at least they didnt leave Zelda her rapier.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Bump,

I would love to see Hector make an appearence in brawl. :D He's one of my favorite character's and the axe of his is just great!

NukeA6

Smash Master
He's the only hope left for a popular FE character (besides Ike who is confirmed) outside of Japan.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
now tbh, i'm not into fire emblem at all. BUT, i am tired of sword fighters and have always preferred more blunt weapons in favor of blades. With all the swords going around brawl, this character has a change of adding a new flavor to the mix. what is with everyone and the blue hair though?

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i think he would be a way better addition then Marth in brawl. Ike fills the blue haired swordsman slot and he looks like he isnt a princess. Hector would be cool because we need more slow powerhouses.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Yea, Hector is really badass and manly. I'm sure there's no other guy lord who would be so feminine (example: guy wearing a tiara) that people would actually want him back. I mean, the sissy slot is taken already. So Hector would fill the slot that is there to oppose the sissy slot.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I suppose I'll have to cheer on hector now that my beloved Lyn has fallen. I believe Lyn was more popular in general, but maybe hector having an axe instead of a sword will be enough for him to overcome that and avoid AT obscurity

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
YES Hector was my favorite lord in FE. He must get in, it only makes sense. this is backed up because he doesnt weild a sword(he could if he was upgraded to a great lord but stll), would add another heavy weight, and could easily have a sweet moveset for brawl.

D

Deleted member

**** right.

I'm sorry that we did lose Lyn, Sonic, but I think its all random chance really. When alls said and done, there are so many factors (that all cancel each other out) that it all comes down to Sakurai's personal choice.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Seeing how Ike plays, Hector's chance is even more low.

I thought people gave up on this guy long ago. All I see is Marth and Micaiah nowadays.

raul

Smash Lord
Now that I actually have an idea of whom Hector is (I'm not a big FE guy), I can honestly say that this would be an excellent addition to Brawl. One could even argue that with the combination of Ike and Hector, they would outright destroy Marth and Roy.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
ummm

Well... a couple of obvious moves.....

Forward B should definitely be hand axe, not that ludicrous thing you have right now.

Down B should be counter, and if not that, then it should be Hector Helicopter, which would be kinda like 64 and Melee Mario's Mario Tornadoe, only with an axe twirling above his head.
Lol.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I think hctor's up B should be he jumps up into the air in his normal axe attack fasion, and brings down an attack with good force. kinda like kirby's up b, but it goes straight into a axe down swing, no upwards strike. it should also double as a meteor strike. Hector was my favorite lord in the game.

BTW would he have his great lord look? or just normal lord look?(my favorite was the great lord look).

Top Bottom