• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bad*** Lord of the Axe: Hector (Fire Emblem)

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Sorry but I'd have to say Deathborne is right. Sigurd rules. And FE6 made FE7 look like child's play...FE4 is so much more fricken harder than FE6......BUT YOU DORKS RUINED THE STORY FOR ME! AAARRRGGH!!! POOR SIGURD! ;__;

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Statwise Sigurd is better but for some reason I like Hector's personality more. FE4 is a better game than FE7 though. FE4 is one of my favourites but FE9 would be my number 1 favourite at the moment (I still haven't played 1,3 and 5)

Dotcom

Smash Lord
A good friend of mind played Fe4 a little while back. The story line didn't make since after the first five minutes the the way he described it,Sigurd must be a strong charachter too deal with that level of play. but hey Personally still like Hector.

T-major

Smash Champion
I havn't played FE4, and I just started playing FE7 so I havn't seen Hector in that game yet. really can't say anything on either one. I would say Hector though, only because SSB needs an axe weilder (even though I like swords better). also, somebody mentioned that Hector had a thunder axe or something, which is just awsome (thunder FTW!!)! although, given the popularity of Sigurd, I would say he has a better chance.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
How sad it is that such a great charachter is being shunned from the spotlight.Hector needs mores upport and I think thathis versitality and uniqueness would be much needed in Brawl.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Hector just owns simply becuase he has an axe, axes need rep to even though i love swords can smeone show me sigurds sprite animation or something against Hector ^_^

Barret3B

Smash Cadet
I've been saying this for years. And I don't think he should be that slow, just a tad laggy. MY Hector always capped his speed> Even if it was a bt low. I'm all for Lyn too though, I'm all for her swordmasterish style, would make her different enough from the other sword wielders.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
be sides there are alot of Sword users so whats so wrong with an Axe
Thank you.That is what iv'e been saying.The axe offers so much variety and you can take it in different ways.Like the wolf beil he had before turning him into the great lord.A medium sized axe that allowed him to mover pretty fast for a person his size a tiny bit less than average speed,around Mario's. Or you could go with the Armadas which was big and powerful as you would think,butnot heavy enough to give him Gannon speed. That way you could make him a powerhouse but keeping him around Link's speed.Hector For Brawl!

Chect the sig.V.PikaAc3 sig's are Pure Pwnage!

Benthos

Smash Cadet
Hand Axe?

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I would like to see him also using a hand axe as a long range item. It could be his over and b move. It would be similar to link's boomerang but would only go horizontally, just like when hector uses a hand axe in the actual game.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Hector would be an awsome additon to the game. As long as its the younger hector. Older hector looks more heavy and slow, and I don't like extremly slow character.

Hector and lyn are two of my tops for brawl just because they are different.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I can imagine his Super, pulling out Armads, and doing his critical animation with it where he spins it in the air, slams it on the ground, jumps high and comes down with great impact. But this time, Hector's axe would have lightning surrounding it since Armads is the thunder axe, after all. So give that critical hit animantion some sleek thunder effects and you've got a flashy but effective Super Smash.

D

Deleted member

I think that's because Armad's is called the Thunder Axe, so people think its electric.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
I think Hector would be sweet. He would be slow but a big first jump because thats what it was in the game before he attacked. eh?

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Big first jump and slow = you suck in Smash bros. No.

Hector was never slow. He ends up being one of your faster characters in FE.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Lol at Canas.
And Hector.
Here is someone that has a 90% chance of getting in if Sakurai lets more FE people.
He is like Mewtwo (not move-wise), completly original and one of my favourite characters.
(Serra and Hector FTW!)

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
ew serra... becca owns that slu7

Id like to see lyn and sothe over hector... but i certainly wouldnt mind if he were in...

Dotcom

Smash Lord
If anything Boyd would be a passed won axe man just how there are passed down character classes from other games. But I wouldn't go so far as to say that Boyd is a rip - off, just because Boyd has a bow after upgrading.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He would be a neat addition to the Brawl roster, considering we went from desperate for swordsmen, but thanks to the Brawl trailers, we can rest easy. Now an axe wielder would be the next step. Still there a lot of Fire Emblem characters to choose from. Basically Marth is in just becuase Sakurai respects the classics, and Ike is probablly in Brawl as well. Hector, Roy, and Lynn, with a few others. it gonna be a tight squeeze for those 3 or 4 Fire Emblem slots!

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
hectors bad *** hes the coolest in the game and then he is stronger and more reckless then marth so out with marth

RWB

Smash Ace
I support Hector, but the amount of Eliwood bashing in this thread makes me sick.

Eliwood was not as good as Hector, but he was better than Lyn, as a unit, that is. And Eliwood would be a good choice for brawl, after all, he has a sword that is bigger than he is and throws it around like a twig. :p

Hector is in no way fast, stop claiming he is. Hector is a slowtard. XD

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Eliwood better than Lyn? What game have you been playing, Eliwood has always been a pretty average unit, while Lyn and Hector are among the better units (though Hector still outclasses Lyn). And people ***** about Marth's range, how the hell do you think they'll react to Eliwoods stupidly big sword (overcompensating much?). And really, I can't see Eliwood getting in with Roy still in, and if Roy's taken out, there's no point putting Eliwood in his place.

Hector's not a bad choice at all really, he's pretty much the only axe user I can think of out of all of Nintendo's characters.

RWB

Smash Ace
According to the FE7 tier list, Eliwood is better than Lyn. After all, he has superior defense, str, movement after better weapons and so on... All Lyn has on him is spd and luc. And skill, but not enough to make a difference.

Hector is top tier, and both Lyn and Eliwood are high tier.

I don't see Eliwood getting in, but seriously, with the Durandal his range wouldn't be better than Ikes, due to Ragnell being very long, and Ike being much larger.

And I support Hector. Just don't bash Eliwood, dislike him if you want, but don't bash him.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Well from personal experience Eliwood has always ended up just, well usable but both Hector and Lyn are just more effective. He just seems to struggle where Lyn seems to cope quite well.

And Durandal is longer than the Horse he rides in, not to mention as wide as he is. Ragnell is nowhere near that big.

The Director

Smash Lord
Out of all the FE characters, Hector is the one I'd like to see added the most. In a perfect world, he would be added in Roy's place. It would be nice to see some different weapons from FE guys other than swords... :chuckle:

RWB

Smash Ace
Well, Ike is large, and Ragnell reaches the black knight to the chest... But you might be right.

Ike is my favorite. :p

Top Bottom