• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I hate people who won't stay out of my fights. I was fighting this Fox the other day and kicking his *** too. Then this Zelda thought it would be funny to use her Final Smash on us at the last second, which I didn't mind actually, since I probably would have done the same. However when she did it again the next match, and really whenever she had a Smashball, was when it got really irritating. That and she would often kill herself in the last second, which sometimes caused a point to be given at the last moment. I noticed she would also stand next to the ledge and use D-smash, espically when I was trying to get back to the stage. I decided to start fighting her after she killed me with a Hammer right after I killed the Fox/MK. The following match, I kicked both of their ***** and left on account of how annoying those situations are for me.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Yesterday on basic brawl, in the morning before the boards went down, this sky blue pit came along after two matches with a toon link and charizard main, this pit beat the toon link and charizard then came at me, it wasn't easy he won one match and left, then came back for the second, i won that match afterwards and he still left but didn't come back.

Whoever is this sky blue pit, ggs to you.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I got beat pretty bad by a Golden Pit yesterday in BB. TB wasn't even working for whatever reason, getting 86420 anytime I connected, but BB was working fine.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
probably that one guy admiral pit.....seems he's hated by everyone now to the point whre he doesn't even show up anymore in the forums.

He whined so much i guess that folks got sick of it and all the pit mains on the board basically put him on their block lists. After that it seems all he's done has gone to basic brawl, faces someone/disrupts a group fighting, wins, then d/cs either the whole group or just leaves.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I'll post everything I've encounter upon my return to NTSC that I've seen in Basic Brawl. I haven't touched Team Battle at all upon returning.

(Away from controller players AKA (AFC)
What is up with this? Seriously I've never seen so many AFC players before. Often times it is the same player like P2 or P3 will be AFC nearly the whole time the group is still up. I've tried before to D/C a group which wasn't full of players and when I re-connected to a group the exact same player is in my group and AFC. What's the point of it? I could understand if you had to go do something that would require you to be AFC for at least 1 round then or 2 at most but anymore than that? Either leave or heck...just go to Spectate.

(The annoying Peach)
Has anyone encounter this
? In the rooms I've been in it will change colors to either
or
. I also know it uses other characters such as
, and
. Who ever this is was extremely annoying. Ruining 1 on 1 matches, would try to KO players at the last instant (Only if they were high on percentage fighting or not.) that she felt distrust against, random grabbing. (Also regardless if you're fighting or not.) In sudden death it refusing to KO herself so we can proceed. (Does this again if she doesn't fully trust you or if worst someone went AFC.) Also it attacks you with everything if you KO her "accidentally" and don't give her back the point. If it is in my case I don't give it back and I'll plank or just run away to anger her more.

This person I attack regardless now because of all the good rooms that were ruined because of this player. In fact I think the others have actually felt the same because some rooms they allowed me to fight that Peach or would actually team up but would only attack if she got knocked to their direction. Of course it'd leave after that. I've beaten her easily with my own Peach, Snake, Falco, Kirby, and Ike.

I haven't encountered that
yet.

These were my most entertaining matches. This was a different
but was extremely skilled and real good and edge guarding. When I entered the room as
I thought that Meta Knight was the crasher because
, and
were attacking him. When they started attacking me and Meta Knight I decided to help Meta Knight. So it actually was a Team Battle but in Baisc Brawl. That lasted about 8 rounds before one of the Marths left.

I'll never forget these 2 matches. It had that annoying Peach in it.

(Me),

The other Falco uses his Blaster on me. At first I didn't react but when he kept hitting with it I decided to attack him. Before I joined I guess that player and that Peach made an alliance because she would randomly try to grab or jab me or try using forward aerial attack on me if I was close to her. Of course if I get KOed they both would taunt continiously until I got back to the stage. It ends up in Sudden Death. Of course I got KOed first because of my luck with the Bombs spawning exactly at my location or barely above me to react to it.

Next match
(Me),

The match starts with Pit shooting Arrows at me. All I do is Reflector until he gets close. He failed at recovering with his up B special and fell to his doom. Peach would try to KO me to get the KO so she could win since I was over 110%. I would Phantasm back and forth to avoid being hit or caught since the timer was nearly up. However I got KOed by Pit's forward smash because of the stupid disjoint of it when I was clearly behind him. They taunt non-stop again and it ends up back in Sudden Death. The Pit gives up quickly on shooting Arrows because I would reflect them and he wanted to avoid being hit by his own arrows. So he tried to dash at me and I Phantasm him and it Star KOs him. I taunt then the Peach crouch approaches thinking I'll forgive or won't attack at all. Nope, I Phantasm attack her and it Star KO's her as well. After that I sure as heck left that room.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I've come across admiral pit a few times on basic brawl. Everytime unfortunatley I was :popo:. I want to face him with :peach:. Everytime I get him in a cg with ics he just leaves and the pit turns into a cpu.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
^lol wow really? :/ well from what i hear that is his nature though, he rages over anyone using a high tier or playing in a way he thinks is "cheap" and then d/cs

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I was using pikachu and am still very new at the character, he ... I dunno, he was good, but campy, forcing me to approach, but he did d/c after just 1 one match and it's not as if the other 2 players were interfering, they were just sitting and taunting and stuff both were MKs, lol.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GG's to a neutral DK who attacked everyone at first and came for my pink weegee, I lost in SD twice but I switched to my Pink Pit and beat him like 4 times until he DC'ed the room.

Mike2

Smash Ace
LOL so that's who that Pit is. Been playing a lot of BB lately. And I kept noticing a Pit that would come in, plank, then leave over and over(got him like 3 times in a row).

For all you wifi pros, if you ever play the Snake that's me(I dash attack OoS a lot), I'm just trying to have a good match. I don't even care if I win. So quit trying time me out on a 2min timer, or attacking your fellow taunt partier to give each other kills.... it's not that serious. lol Just give me a good match. That's all I want.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
GGs to this guy I had some good matches with. He started off with White Link, switched to Yellow Ike, and then spent the majority of the time as White Marth. Eventually he switched to his UP-SMASH THIRSTY Red Tink. One final match with his Falco and then he DC'd the room.

I was the Blue Peach. :3 I didn't appreciate the fact that we kept going FD though 'cause Peach gets juggled to hell by Marth lol. And I couldn't space with turnips with the other players around. But we were having some good lag-free matches. You landed tippers like it was nothing. My DI was trash :awesome: But I really found it fun adapting to your challenging playstyle and stuff. What was great was that every match was fueled by this bitter animosity between each other that started when he came into the room and I attacked him :bee:. Made for some intense bouts. Anyway, fun matches. I think you should work in more patience and reads into your game though. Your aggro game though is good lol. GGs again

:phone:

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
GGs to a Yellow Peach I had some entertaining matches with, I was the Pikachu w/ Goggles, Default Sonic, Red Snake, Red Marth. I noticed when you weren't fighting you were constantly practicing your glide tosses, Z-Catches, and jump canceled item throws. It's always refreshing to see players trying to actually get better in Basic Brawl rather than just mindless item abuse.

As you might guess, I main Sonic, thinking about legitimately using Pikachu, Snake, and Marth as 2ndaries, unfortunately I can't really use Pikachu or Marth very well in lag :/

Funny stuff when I played against you and that Falco w/ my red Snake btw, almost had you guys xD

Also, I found it absolutely hilarioue when I was clearly out to get that Lucario main who kept interrupting our fights for the first few brawls.

Anyhow, if you ever come on here and read this send me a message sometime :)

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Hey Daisy was this your IC's who just helped me troll this Link/Bowser/Fox player who kept leaving and getting replaced by another player?

I was the Luigi/Wario/Sonic/Falcon

EDIT: Now I'm thinking this isn't you since you're now a Green Kirby and I'm Snake and we're just blowing **** up with gernades.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
They were white, I only thought they were you since when they started the CG, they didn't **** up until they were died unless someone interrupted them.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I found the Golden Pit again today. I was red Gnw fighting off a MK and he joined and surprisingly he didn't attack me, but he started attacking the MK and left after. Then I met him later with a White Peach in our room and he immediately went to crouch near her. She started to attack him and he started to attack her, I was actually playing as my Red Pit too.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Nah, this Peach didn't act like the other Peach in your post. She just started to attack him because he wouldn't leave her alone, very loyal too. I would probably do the same if some player just starts crouching in front of me wherever I go. Sadly this White Peach didn't know she was up against a notorious Pit.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I fought perhaps one of the most annoying players ever. They were a Ness player who used Lucas in the final match in our room. The main reason that he was so annoying wasn't because he spammed, he didn't taunt every 5 seconds, he was actually somewhat decent (I was beating him while I was using my sandbagging characters), it was none of that. I hated playing him because he spammed the living daylights out of the cheapest items which were: The Fan, Bumpers, Deku Nuts, and really anything else he could get his hands on. what made him different from the other item spammers was that he would go straight for the items no matter where they were, and that he seemed rather skilled in how/when to use them. This didn't matter in our first few matches when I beat him. However after he won only by sheer item ******ry, I went MK on him. We ended up on Temple and surprise, surprise: even more gayness. He got me in the last few seconds because I was becoming blind with rage, but he got into SD with this Snake who was fighting him too. After what felt like forever, Snake was victorious and the Ness/Lucas player left.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
GGS ... no awesome games to a TB room I just left. ended w/peach peach olimar me(marth) pika showed up and was tight... MK all over the place, lol crazy games

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
lmao at this Ness/Lucas that just DC'd the room. I don't know why, but you were strangely obsessed with items. Every time one popped up, you immediately dashed toward it. It was kind of sad seeing it , honestly, because it seemed that you didn't really need them. Shame. GGs anyway, hun. :)

I fought perhaps one of the most annoying players ever. They were a Ness player who used Lucas in the final match in our room. ... I hated playing him because he spammed the living daylights out of the cheapest items which were: The Fan, Bumpers, Deku Nuts, and really anything else he could get his hands on. what made him different from the other item spammers was that he would go straight for the items no matter where they were, and that he seemed rather skilled in how/when to use them.
Holy s*** this has to be the EXACT same player WOW. This sounded just like him... he's definitely an *** lmao. Never seen a competent player like him spam items to hell, seriously. I remember wishing the other players in the room would turn off their items just so dis b**** wouldn't have them. Haven't seen him in a while, though. I played him in October 2012. Sounds like he hasn't given up his lowly ways :smirk:

EDIT: Sorry for "censor dodging," didn't know that was a thing um lol o.o

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I was using PT last night in TB against a Link, Ike, and a D-B Spamchu/Giga Bowser.

The Pikachu tunnel visioned me and went AFC whenever I teamed with him (Props to the 2 others who let me go 1-on-1 when that happened), and after a few matches of him getting destroyed, he caused me to have one of the most painful laughing fits I've ever gone through.

He selected Giga Bowser and continued to tunnel vision me, but ended up getting no KOs, and killed himself 3 times trying to spike me. Ike and I won the match, and the Giga Bowser ragequit.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I just ran into this neutral giga bowser on hyrule temple, along with a green falco and black ganondorf. I was the white ness, white marth, ike (default color), black wolf and black- shelled bowser.

I was able to save 5 matches at hyrule before he left

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
You know you crushed someone's spirit when they start killing themselves in the middle of the match. The guy didn't fight at all next match, but the one after he tried to fight me again, so I whooped his *** again.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
^ It pisses me of when someone starts doing that. I can't help but feel pity for them....

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Had an awesome series of matches in TB using Ganondorf/Jigglypuff against a Marth. The 2 others kept leaving and getting replaced.

Nothing to me is more fun than fighting a good Marth as Ganondorf. We went at it for around an hour before he left last night. Major props to him.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I was playing as a Yellow Kirby and I found this room on Skyworld where a computer starts attacking me, so I kill it. For some ******** *** reason the Grey Lucario and the Green Peach decides to team against me. I took care of the Peach and she left mid-match. All that was left was me and this conniving Grey Lucario, so I decided to show him that you should never team up against a player without knowing what skills he has. I swallowcided him and laughed. Next match was on Temple and a Ganondorf and Zelda appears. Still using Kirby, I went for the Grey Lucario again and took a stock off him. Once again this Ganondorf started to team up against me with the Lucario. (What am I doing that causes people to team on me?) I beat them and decided I wont show mercy. I went Red MK and made the Ganon leave and dealt with the Lucario. The next match I went GnW and the Lucario player went MK, I lol'ed. He tries to get me with a Down Tilt lock on the small pillar in temple but it backfires and I managed to do it to him until 120% and finished him off with a Down Smash. At one point he even tried attacking the Zelda because she pretended to be AFK. It's sweet to make these kind of players ragequit though.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Had an awesome set with a Kirby/Falco last night as Ganondorf/Jigglypuff/Luigi, along with 2 others that kept leaving. It's been a long time since I've fought a Kirby who knows what they're doing, and it is fun as hell to go against them as Jigglypuff. Went for an hour and a half until he left.

I feel like I've been running into the same Marth in TB for the past few days every night. Same tactics, and all. Always happens to show up as I use only Ganon and Jiggly.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I have some people to search for and some stories to tell.
First, I was Blue Link. The stage was Smashville, and I find three people here : a white Marth, a not red Ike (the color before basic Ike) and pink Zelda. If any of you are here, I had a great time hanging out and destroying crashers.

Second, my story.
I was Blue Link and Not green TLink. There was a jigglypuff, black bowser and a non- hostile Giga Bowser, and he (giga) chose the home run stadium. Lol, it ended with both bowsers infinitely butt slamming with me helplessly falling beneath the stage .Whoever that Giga was, thanks!

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Decided I would try out one last room after finding taunt parties before I go to bed. I found a really fun room with this Link/Sonic who I fought, and these other two players who seemed closely matched. The other two used many different characters so I'm not gonna bother naming them, and I didn't even fight them. I fought the Link with literally every character I know how to play, consider myself good with, and even a couple I never even use. I used Falcon a lot, only used PT once surprisingly, Wolf, Luigi, and Fox about 3 times, and everyone else about once or more. I even started to play Marth who I have found to be fun now. I used to hate Marth since I secondary Roy in Melee.

Lots of fun fights, TBH he never gave me a sense of a challenge though. I could tell I would have gotten one if I ever swapped opponents with one of the other two players. What I found funny was, my opponent was Link for the longest time, and when he finally decides to switch characters, he and I both end up using the same character: Sonic. I made some deadly combos on him with Ike, and the worst match for him was against my Wario. Wario just gayed him out and kept him off stage and the match ended with the score 6-0. Marth was pretty homo too, though I need to learn how to spike and not kill myself. GG's Link

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Was using Ganon in TB against 3 great Captain Falcons.

It was the most amazing thing ever. My Warlock Punch collided with a Falcon punch in sudden death and we both got hit by a bomb during the recoil. So much hype.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I see this thread is starting to become vacant.

I don't normally stay in taunt parties, but when I do, everyone goes Falcon with me and we have a manly time. My moves were the best though, since apparently I was the only one who could do a 360 Falcon Punch.

EDIT: Huh, well I just found out that Wolf can spotdodge or roll right after he reflects something with his Reflector. The more you know.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Shoutouts to the Blue :peach: who kicked my scrubby :toonlink:'s ***. You spaced against my Shorthop ZAirs properly, you used your turnips the way you were supposed to, and you kept a level head even when we went into Sudden Death (Neither of us had gotten a KO.).

....Though I'm jealous of how mad consistent you were with your Free Pulls. I can't do that **** for the life of me. D=

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
:| i hate when i find a decent player and the other two in the match get in the way...

last night had several matches with a marth/ike and me and him seemed fairly close against my pit a lot of the time, we had several sudden deaths but i was never able to pull a win out against him...

because the other two idiots were always in the freaking way :|...they weren't attacking so much as just...being there...

like an example one of em was luigi one match, he got right in the way of my marth about to do an Fthrow to Fthrow setup on the ike and ended up getting grabbed by me instead of the ike. Since the damn ike player knew what he was doing he obviously took advantage of it and was able to avoid me after to pulll a win out :|

least i got one mirror shield KO on his Ike's aether as my pit, no better way to insult gimp a person than with pits mirror shield :awesome:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
decided to main marth from here on out, you'll be seeing me around. Was in a couple of good rounds yesterday. You'll know if its me if in TB you see a guy come up to you and shield you from all incoming projectiles. Thats usually me if i stay in my shield protecting you.

Top Bottom