• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Better Lucario Official Guide/Faq/Database (Now with More Lawl!)

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I still don't see it. Watch his tail. Look at how much is visible at the very end of the move when you d-tilt repeatedly and when you sheild. It's the same. Like I said, I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I still don't see it. Watch his tail. Look at how much is visible at the very end of the move when you d-tilt repeatedly and when you sheild. It's the same. Like I said, I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.
Err...why wouldn't it be?
I'm pretty sure IASA is when you can do another action before reaching neutral/crouch stance, so it should be the same.

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure of the right definition either, but if you do a dtilt and wait it takes Lucario a little longer to bring his foot back. When you do a jab or something after dtilt he completely skips that animation.

Nonetheless, I'd rather use ftilt for spacing purposes, but dtilt is faster and safer on block. It's only a shame I can't find many follow ups to it.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
im not sure what relevance this has, but i was being a ninny before i left st johns for vacation taking on 3 computers vs me, the randoms got fox marth and GnW, lovely. they all had their 3 lives except GnW, and i was at 158% when my Aura Sphere did 45% damage to fox... seeing this made me do some testing, and im not sure if it works in ffa matches, but it does for team fights, apparently if you have more then 1 opponent with more stock then you, the aura bonus counts for BOTH of them, cuz last time i checked, aura sphere isnt capable of doing 45% in a 1v1. again im not sure how relevant this is, just wanted to put it out there.

Browny

Smash Hater
lol awesome if its true!

45% from a projectile, thats just too cool. PK flash is no longer god tier muahaha

MysticKenji

Smash Master
im not sure what relevance this has, but i was being a ninny before i left st johns for vacation taking on 3 computers vs me, the randoms got fox marth and GnW, lovely. they all had their 3 lives except GnW, and i was at 158% when my Aura Sphere did 45% damage to fox... seeing this made me do some testing, and im not sure if it works in ffa matches, but it does for team fights, apparently if you have more then 1 opponent with more stock then you, the aura bonus counts for BOTH of them, cuz last time i checked, aura sphere isnt capable of doing 45% in a 1v1. again im not sure how relevant this is, just wanted to put it out there.
I tried it and got 35% damage, not 45%.

Timbers

check me out
Yeah I haven't done any extensive testing on the team thing. I was at 1 stock, partner at 3 stocks, one opponent at 1 stock, and the other at 2 stocks.

Aurasphere was HOOOOGE.

Rebonack

Smash Apprentice
Yay, my extraneous quote was finally removed! Yay!

I haven't don't any Extra Aura testing for team games myself either, just fiddled with it on a one on one. I assume that it would base the multiplier on whichever opponent has the highest stock advantage on you, but I would have to poke around with it >_>

Browny

Smash Hater
since when were mormons good at converting anyone? scientology seems to do it far better lol

but lets not get into that :p

Milln

Smash Champion
"And the Aura is with you"
MacGyver. *nods solemnly*

Just a reminder: Lucario's dair is nicknamed OMEGAA STOOOOOOMP, and you must say it with a crazy, evilish voice draw out the vowel sound in stomp. Doing stomping motions with your feet to emphasize the point is optional, but highly encouraged.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Church of Lucario.
Instead of "amen" we say "MacGyver"
O.O I go on one little vacation and I miss this?! MacGyver+Lucario!!! This is officially the best forum ever.

MacGyver. *nods solemnly*

Just a reminder: Lucario's dair is nicknamed OMEGAA STOOOOOOMP, and you must say it with a crazy, evilish voice draw out the vowel sound in stomp. Doing stomping motions with your feet to emphasize the point is optional, but highly encouraged.
Sorry I still like hearing my friend say "STOP USING THOSE SHOTGUN FEET, I LIKE TO USMASH AFTER I UTHROW YOU!" =P

Pentaoku

Smash Apprentice
*Double Team's Milln's shotgun feet*

WiFi lag lets me do that while I'm 4 posts behind! btw good updates, whole section on aura sphere O.O
Wait a sec, aren't I the one who called it the Omega Stomp?

Lucarioowl

Smash Apprentice
thanks you for posting that i needed help with double team that helps alot and ill look into that back ward double team it looks like it will make my lucario godly

Milln

Smash Champion
Expect an update soon. i'm looking into some things.

Tick throwing.
Force Palm Grab in general
Overcoming blind spots.

Tick throwing, eh? Useful technique, yesiree.

I really like that section on AS dude. It's very good. Many Lucario players don't know how to use their AS as well as they could, it's very true. Thanks for that. I use Nearly Full AS often, but I never really thought to tell others about it. I never came up with a name for it either. Good job on that especially, because it's an amazing mindgame. I think I'll go edit my G&W info. with that little tidbit in there. Or maybe not. It is G&W, after all(stupid bucket!!). Keep up the good work Milln, looking forward to more from this guide. By far the best guide I have ever read for anything.

Oh yea, something about the NFAS that I wanted to mention. Remember that the NFAS is still NOT FCAS, so it doesn't get the priority boost that the FCAS gets. NFAS won't eat through all the attacks that the FCAS will. Sometimes having a fully charged can be better than a nearly full AS, eh?

Milln

Smash Champion
But if it's nearly full, just hold it out for like... a millisecond longer before tapping B the second time. =o then boom. Full Charge. That's what makes NF Aura Sphere so great.

Mmmm, you have a point. But if you're using it on someone like G&W and you want to eat through his turtle, perhaps just having a FC is best. But I do see your point, and I definitely like that idea. I do that sometimes. Probably not often enough though.

My point was mainly just to say that the FCAS gets a priority boost over all other forms of Aura Sphere, so yea. Still though, keeping it hidden and then charging for .1 seconds after getting it out isn't that bad, just depends on the situation.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Hi Milln, I think I discovered something that joo did not knows. Lucario's Upair outprioritizes Wario's fully charged Waft. I was fighting in a match and whiffed my Upair and the Wario FF'd and used Waft. I didn't get hurt AND I got a star K.O on him. :D It's not a huge discovery thing, but I felt it was worth saying.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Aura overpowers fart.

Aurabreeze, Get rid of those nasty smells with the power of Aura!
(Now in a 12oz spray can)
-t2

Top Bottom