• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Better Lucario Official Guide/Faq/Database (Now with More Lawl!)

Lucarioowl

Smash Apprentice
greetings fellow lucario users i got a question and request has everyone ever used extreme speed to cling on the ledge of fd or the practice stage once an opponent was already clinging on i did this twice in my life and would like to master it if this has been done can someone post a tutorial on it up or ill just keep trying and ill post a tutorial up i know two things on the matter one your opponent must run out of invinsibility frames and two you can immediatly dair them for the most wicked edge spike. if this has not been discovered yet then i hear by claim it as my move and welcome all to do it lol but till i get better at it post a reply may the aura be with you

Lucarioowl

Smash Apprentice
when i say cling i mean wall cling not edge hog picture capting falcon holding edge of fd and lucario clinging right above him my little bro was screaming that is BS lucario is cheap when i did this i replied i dont need the wall under you loser hahahahahah and since then hard to reproduce i usually just bounce off now grr stupid invincibility frames

Lucarioowl

Smash Apprentice
while someone else is clinging ie two clinging to one ledge i have to try and get a vid up leave it to me ill make you a believer hahahah

Lucarioowl

Smash Apprentice
yep thats it thanks bro its only in a few stages apparently thanks for the link 2 59 shows it best thanks again dude

What? I'm so confused...text update? Whatever. I guess I'll see in a day or so, huh?

So I'm thinking that periods and commas are a good thing to use Lucarioowl. Your posts are hard to read. Yea.

Milln

Smash Champion
What? I'm so confused...text update? Whatever. I guess I'll see in a day or so, huh?

So I'm thinking that periods and commas are a good thing to use Lucarioowl. Your posts are hard to read. Yea.
I released Inner Fire 11 yesterday. I'm going to write out and explain in further detail what it contained, along with a couple other things that I mentioned earlier.

Milln

Smash Champion
August 19th, 2008- Rotated introductory pictures, created a section devoted to Lucario's grab game. The tag is (TOUCH). It has also has a... um... visual aid. Added a preparation.

I think I did a good job on the ears.

Also, wut jazz hands.

Landsmeer (near Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
yes.... good update on grabbing, tnx!
people do underestimate force palm grab, i've been in situations where i used it like 3 times, one right after the other (it's sort of a chain grab) resulting in awesome pawning combo...
which was really good since lucario at 0% has a bit of a problem with dealing out real damage but this one got my opponent straight to 40 % in no time at all :p

o yeah, and i love the visual aid, great work!

Milln

Smash Champion
yes.... good update on grabbing, tnx!
people do underestimate force palm grab, i've been in situations where i used it like 3 times, one right after the other (it's sort of a chain grab) resulting in awesome pawning combo...
which was really good since lucario at 0% has a bit of a problem with dealing out real damage but this one got my opponent straight to 40 % in no time at all :p

o yeah, and i love the visual aid, great work!
Force Palm Chain Grab is already covered and known. You can chain them until your opponent is around 30%, after that it depends on who it is if you can continue from there.

Thanks. I thought everyone would like it. =3

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
Awesome guide. I think it might be worth noting that Lucario's dash attack cancels Marth's f-Smash. I believe this is true, but someone should test it. I did it a few times today.

Browny

Smash Hater
a lot of attacks cancel marths fsmash (most of CF's ground based attacks do, so do sonics so go figure). Its not the god tier move it used to be lol. cancelling the tornado is all that matters now

Milln

Smash Champion
No comments on the visual aid? No one likes my art. T-T

(Update when I have time. Busy at my store)

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I'm officially maining Lucario! He's just so fun to play, and plus you other Lucarios are so cool!:chuckle:

Edit: Don't worry man. We are all just too overwhelmed by your masterpiece to actually speak.

Nice little section on grabbing Milln. The drawing's pretty funny, by the way. It illustrates the point well enough though.

Sooo...I just wanted to throw some stuff in here for you to consider:

1.) Maybe you should make a section titled Tips and Tricks, or something to that effect. In that section you could put all the little extra tricks we all know. For example, the two you recently(kinda) discovered: extreme shift and extreme stop2. Both of those are good, and I can't find the thread with them in it. Just food for thought.

2.) The video in the Assembly of Unfamiliar Information on Ledge-Cancelling could be improved a bit. If you do it right, you will simply fall from the top of the ledge with no lag AND you get your second jump back. If you try to push yourself onto the stage then it looks like you have lag. Neh...I thought it was something new, but I guess not. You could also put that into your section if you decide to make one.

3.) I'll try to make some videos for you if you make it. Otherwise I'll still make 'em and you and put them where ever you want them. I don't have a camcorder so I'll make them sometime...not sure when that will be though.

4.) Relevant to the conversation going on right now. You can stop MK's tornado with a precisely spaced fsmash, or with a FCAS. Yea, that's RIGHT MK!!!!!!!!!!! PWNED!!!!!!

tedward2000

Smash Champion
hey Milln, I've had this happen to me a few times this week.

So I would Dair above the person, and yet it would seem like I wouldn't hit them, they still get hit.
I know the kinks and tricks of Lucario, and I've never ever seen Dair reach that far.

So I was thinking that Dair hit their hitbox, and it traveled down and hit them, but its only a hypothesis.
And no, We weren't recording nor was the character that it happened on remembered. But I do remember it happening again vs. my friends Boswer.
-t2

Milln

Smash Champion
1.) Maybe you should make a section titled Tips and Tricks, or something to that effect. In that section you could put all the little extra tricks we all know. For example, the two you recently(kinda) discovered: extreme shift and extreme stop2. Both of those are good, and I can't find the thread with them in it. Just food for thought.
I have. It's under the tag (KIDS). (as in trix are for kids lawlalwlalwalwl) aaaand it hasn't been updated since ExtremeAwesome.

hey Milln, I've had this happen to me a few times this week.

So I would Dair above the person, and yet it would seem like I wouldn't hit them, they still get hit.
I know the kinks and tricks of Lucario, and I've never ever seen Dair reach that far.

So I was thinking that Dair hit their hitbox, and it traveled down and hit them, but its only a hypothesis.
And no, We weren't recording nor was the character that it happened on remembered. But I do remember it happening again vs. my friends Boswer.
-t2
O rly. That's just Lucario's fusion fission combustion engines that MacGyver created kicking in.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
i haven't read this FAQ thing since it was made ^_^ and it's like watching your little cousin grow i think...

and i lol'd at the pic, but only because of the woosh

What's up for the next inner fire? Plus just a casual observation of my own skill over time: the better i got, the more i implemented FP. I remember thinking i never use it, and now (although i dont use it as much as possible) i tend to get like 10-15% of my KOs with it along with opening any game vs a snake or wolf about 80% of the time with a chain>fair>?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
New inner fire!
didnt see it nor did you tell us.
Srsly you've been like hermit lately,Milln.
-t2

Milln

Smash Champion
I did tell you all. Five minutes after I posted it I spammed The new vid thread and my Inner Fire topic.

Browny

Smash Hater
we all know of the usual fair-dair approach, but i was thinking...

we should space the fair dair such that the dair lands right on top of the enemies head (not infront) that way if they shield the fair dair, you can footstool hop them immediately while they shield for a free dair, or possibly land and get a free AS/dsmash off while they are in the footstool stun.

discuss

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
we all know of the usual fair-dair approach, but i was thinking...

we should space the fair dair such that the dair lands right on top of the enemies head (not infront) that way if they shield the fair dair, you can footstool hop them immediately while they shield for a free dair, or possibly land and get a free AS/dsmash off while they are in the footstool stun.

discuss
sooo....ms paint time

over 9000 mspaint hours

Milln

Smash Champion
Yar, but characters can shield grab you anyway by grabbing you with their hats or something. Lucario's not the only one I don't think.

I'll move that you guys space your dairs so that you end up behind them if you're going for the dair or footstool FIRST. Or you could bair or aura charge. >,>

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Yar, but characters can shield grab you anyway by grabbing you with their hats or something. Lucario's not the only one I don't think.

I'll move that you guys space your dairs so that you end up behind them if you're going for the dair or footstool FIRST. Or you could bair or aura charge. >,>
It's hard enough to space the fair so you're on top of them with the dair if they shield as is, so yeah, fair>footstool>dair should do the job just as well

Milln

Smash Champion
Sorreh about the no update when I promised one. I've been distracted by a few things. I'll see about checking in after my tournament this Saturday.

Top Bottom