• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

lain

Smash Master
!!!!!!!!!!

I LEARNED TO STOP PRESSING L WHEN FLOAT CANCELLING

!!!!!!!!!!

i swear. i'm a smart guy, with good prediction skill and decent mindgames, but i have the tech skill of a ******.

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
?

The most important part to float canceling is L. It's like the magical trigger of happy things happening.

And don't you dare put down your tech skill in front of me. I have a hard enough time wavedashing to the right.

Anther

Smash Champion
One day I shall master this thing you guys are referring to as.. "Tech Skill".. and I shall be able to moonwalk with jiggly puff across Jupiter... and then I will destroy the universe!

burningherbs

Smash Cadet
burningherbs, i think i remember you too. i'm in livonia and scotu is in northville if you ever want to smash sometime.
Heh, I can't drive yet, so that means not much smashing for me. I don't think I'll be able to go to any more tournaments this summer, I need to stay half an hour from Canton.

Yeah I remember you, with all of the lasers and the super sweaty hands. X_x

You going to the one in Mt. Clemens?
Did you like my lasers? I probably should have fired more, so I wouldn't be ***** so badly. I'm not going to Mt. Clemens because it's an hour away. Any comments on my playing?

masteraj

Smash Rookie
yeah i wanna see some more tournements in the ann arbor area, even if i just go there to watch and learn how to play better (cause im not very good at competitive smash but i wanna learn better)

-PM-

Smash Ace
hey can anyone tell me why our MI thread(s) not all glamed up as Florida's it makes us look stingy LoL someone (smart unlike myself) should make an official MI smash thread to keep track of smash from MI and Tourneys taking place in MI. But leave one of the other two open cause a lot of MI likes to spam or just chat

note: this is just an idea to get MI more organized

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=70386&highlight=official+florida

i know our smash scene isn't as big as Florida but we should try and get a bit more organized

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
We need more color...and more pictures!

Did you like my lasers? I probably should have fired more, so I wouldn't be ***** so badly. I'm not going to Mt. Clemens because it's an hour away. Any comments on my playing?
You pretty much have the basics down pretty well. Maybe get a little faster on the SHL. (Could have been the lag on the TV's, cause I know my SHL is slower on laggy TV's) Just pretty much get faster in general.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
PM, that's because there's another michigan thread for that sort of stuff. It has a list of tournaments, smashfests, smashers, and more. It's currently maintained by Erad and Anther. Look on the midwest board and you will find it. I'm too lazy to post the link right now.

As for tournaments in the ann arbor area... wait about a month and several of us will be in Ann Arbor =). We'll be hosting biweeklies starting labor day weekend. Expect a thread about it sometime this week. Dan, we need to finish working out the final details.

Anther

Smash Champion
Yah, what you described PM has already been created... based on the florida thread too XD. Michigan Smash Threeeed

Randizzles, when I get back to EMU we might have to do a UofM vs Eastern Crew battle.. and have Eastern beat yall in Tennis and Smash.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
The info on the first page is a bit dated now. Several of the smashers listed have since retired, while most of the others aren't especially active. The more updated listing is in the other Michigan thread. We usually just use this thread for chat.

**** Anther, i'm not even sure who plays tennis in our crew other than myself (and I kinda suck).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Tennis, or Mario Tennis? I haven't played either in over three months.

Anther

Smash Champion
TACIV does look very cool, it looks like the name of a real smash tourney now... which STAC Tourneys are sweet smash tourneys now.

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
I dont know....

all there is out here is partying and females... not a lot of smash yet, but hopefully this will change as of fall, got a couple guys who want to play smash

but im getting back to my grind as soon as i get back...

I got a few new tricks that i've been trying on my own,

I hope to bring my crew with me too since two of my crew have cars now...

Topichu

Smash Cadet
Whoa, i honestly didn't think there were still tourneys around, cuz everyone was waiting on SSBB. I missed the last one just by a few days. Oh well, maybe i can make the next local one >_>

RapE

Smash Ace
TOP whats up man its been as long as i can remember sense i have seen you here....by the way everyone DK mains are the coolest and my DK is a beast now so watch the **** out :)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
15 more are up. If you do not remember how to get to them, you are forgetful and do not deserve the videos in the first place.

Top Bottom