• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Peach Back Room = PBR

I think it's just meant for the more serious issues on Peach data like frames and all that kind of stuff debaters and researchers do. I wouldn't know, I don't go there since it requires an invite.

Xyless

Smash Master
Insanely difficult to approach thanks to eggs, and it seems like he just has the upper hand. And once I get in close enough, he grabs, rinse, and repeats.

I'm mostly referring to heavily campy Yoshis. They're just...impossibly annoying to play against.

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
Insanely difficult to approach thanks to eggs, and it seems like he just has the upper hand. And once I get in close enough, he grabs, rinse, and repeats.

I'm mostly referring to heavily campy Yoshis. They're just...impossibly annoying to play against.
You can grab a turnip and approach with powershields. If he does a standing grab, spotdodge it and start a combo on that ignorant Yoshi.

Basically, get within a few body lengths of him and he can't throw eggs anymore or you can just run under them and dash attack.

Xyless

Smash Master
He never does standing grabs. He's a major pivot grabber.

I think I just need to learn the spacing of the grab itself more than anything else. I was actually pretty good at staying under the eggs for a long time, but the grab itself always caught me off guard.

My Pokemon Trainer had far more problems (obviously, with Squirtle grab release chain and Charizard...getting pulverized by dair), though.

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
I guess you could get just outside of his pivot grab range and hit him with turnips.

Pivot grab is the best. <3

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
The PBR was really bad lol
But that's because there was so much fighting back there. But it should be better now. We just need someone to kick start it. Someone to comes up with new topics or something, so that we have something to discuss you know

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Hey guys, sorry I so rarely post anymore. I'm not very good at my post consistency either. T_T

I ended up getting in a fight with my roommate and moving out, so I lost my i-net connection. But, hopefully here soon I will be playing. (yet again, more empty promises).

I still love you Peach kid, I'll give you a ring tonight. (Um, but it's platonic)

What's pivot grabbing? AHHH! I'M TURNING INTO A NEWB!!!!

EDIT:: Yoshi hates Glide Tossed Turnips > Grabs. I used to play a good Yoshi by the name of Bwett (amazing yoshi), and I glidetossed alot, and approached to the best of my ability with floats (**** Eggs!). The float-cancelled fair is decent to, comes out quick enough. Counter pick Yoshi's island to, platform owns his eggs. Best of luck to you. OHHH! PIVOT GRABBING! *face palm*

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Hey guys, sorry I so rarely post anymore. I'm not very good at my post consistency either. T_T

I ended up getting in a fight with my roommate and moving out, so I lost my i-net connection. But, hopefully here soon I will be playing. (yet again, more empty promises).

I still love you Peach kid, I'll give you a ring tonight. (Um, but it's platonic)

What's pivot grabbing? AHHH! I'M TURNING INTO A NEWB!!!!

EDIT:: Yoshi hates Glide Tossed Turnips > Grabs. I used to play a good Yoshi by the name of Bwett (amazing yoshi), and I glidetossed alot, and approached to the best of my ability with floats (**** Eggs!). The float-cancelled fair is decent to, comes out quick enough. Counter pick Yoshi's island to, platform owns his eggs. Best of luck to you. OHHH! PIVOT GRABBING! *face palm*
<3 u DM.

yeah i hate roshi's eggs. they really are a pain in the *******s. i played green ace's roshi recently. and the eggs really hurt...

Xyless

Smash Master
I believe I'm going to try playing a B-stick Peach whenever I use the GC Controller. I'm just not as good at getting the mindset to use the C-Stick enough to make it a part of my playstyle, and I feel like freepulling is far more fun to do than well-spotted glidetosses in different directions.

Granted, I only play with the GC controller at my school's game lab, but still. Also, I'm starting to get used to using the dpad for smashes/directional aerials with my WiiMote/Nunchuk combo. Starting to get fun.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Free pulling will be a little tough to get down, but once you make it a habit... omg, it's much too hilarious.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Peach Kid I lost your number again >.<

I have a new cell number though.

970-759-0094.

Any of you *******s call me, I'll have to say hello.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I believe I'm going to try playing a B-stick Peach whenever I use the GC Controller. I'm just not as good at getting the mindset to use the C-Stick enough to make it a part of my playstyle, and I feel like freepulling is far more fun to do than well-spotted glidetosses in different directions.

Granted, I only play with the GC controller at my school's game lab, but still. Also, I'm starting to get used to using the dpad for smashes/directional aerials with my WiiMote/Nunchuk combo. Starting to get fun.

It took me a while to get C-sticking down into my playstyle, but believe me, it's SOOOO important.

BTW, can you throw turnips with B-stick?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
BTW, can you throw turnips with B-stick?
You mean as if it were a c-stick? Only a normal throw if you press down again as if pulling another turnip. The other directions only give you bombers and parasols.

I've been meaning to experiment. I glidetossed backwards the other day. :psycho:

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
You can glide toss all directions, and the amount of movement is based on both timing and the total momentum given by the directional roll. You can't go as far back as you can forward.

And B-sticking isn't anywhere near as cool as C-sticking. C-stick allows for faster play, and more fluent play imo. Plus, I remember a time when down-c-sticking was Peach. Yup yup. What are the advantages of B-sticking with Peach right now, though? Anything super cool and helpful that I don't know?

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
You can glide toss all directions, and the amount of movement is based on both timing and the total momentum given by the directional roll. You can't go as far back as you can forward.

And B-sticking isn't anywhere near as cool as C-sticking. C-stick allows for faster play, and more fluent play imo. Plus, I remember a time when down-c-sticking was Peach. Yup yup. What are the advantages of B-sticking with Peach right now, though? Anything super cool and helpful that I don't know?
The only real advantage to B-sticking with Peach will have to be the free turnip pull. Even so, it's much more of a WoW factor than actual efficiency, though Free Turnip pulls lead to nice defensive gameplay for Peach.

However, in my opinion, what you gain in B-sticking isn't worth the lost I would get from C-sticking. I rather have my insta-Dsmash after I recover or go on landing. I like my sliding Usmash, and I like dash pivot canceling and the small shutter step that peach has. So I like my C-sticking.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I wouldn't recommend switching, and I acknowledge the superior control scheme, but b-stick is waaaay more fun. And in my opinion, it's much more fluent.

With b-stick, Peach is kinda released from her rather stiff moves and is allowed to slide all over the place. :bee:

Not mention sliding away from fmashes only to return instantly with a glide toss is amazing.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
well I'd still probably stick to C-sticking. Sounds way cooler. But I'll try B-sticking, why not?

Xyless

Smash Master
After much practice, I think I finally found a really good Wiimote/Nunchuk control scheme for Peach. Here we go.

A: Attack
B: Jump
A+B: Grab
D-Pad: Smash (all directions)
C: Special
Z: Shield
Numbers: taunt, of course

Tap Jump: Off
Shake Smash: On (will probably be off once I get used to this)

I was trying to figure out a way to keep my left hand (Nunchuk hand) from having to share the index finger for both the jump/float and shield. Also, I felt like it would be very convenient to actually get the down smash into the control scheme, since it could be more useful.

The only problem I might have with this is the grab button being both A and B. I think it might actually be worth it, though, since the only other place I could put it is on the number buttons, and that's just unrealistic.

Wish me luck guys, I'm going to go practice this up. If I can get this down, I think I might get a LOT better.

Xyless

Smash Master
After more testing, it seems it'll be a little harder than I anticipated, thanks to B+A messing up the float no matter what. That wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for nair, which now won't be able to be done floated.

Geez, I was so close. I wonder if I can make this work somehow...

Xyless

Smash Master
Man, I give up. After doing every single combination possible, the only one that could potentially work is having A be attack, B be shield, C be Special, and Z be jump.

...is it possible to maybe modify the Wii remote so I can make B pretend to be 1 and 1 be B or something? I just want a loophole so bad, since that original button combination is so darn comfortable other than the lack of, well, correct inputs.

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Ah sweet another mote/chuk user! I think there's maybe 5 of 6 of us out there now. I actually think Peach's play is very conducive to using this controller. I just change the Dpad to Smash and it's good to go. There are a few problems though, as you said the most common one that comes up the A+B grab. It's not hard to switch too, but I find it can back fire, but nine times out of ten you're just going to wind up accidentally jabbing, so it's just something you have to be prepared for. Also, I have been seeing a lot of people in the Peach boards complaining about having trouble with floating nairs. I don't seem to have any trouble executing them once floating, I just find the C button on the chuk can be slightly resistant to short hopping at times, which can be a pain.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Not a Wiimote/Chuck user.

But supportive!

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i use the remochaku too D:<
my settings are mostly the default except dpad is smashes and tap jump off. it seems to work just fine for me. i just have issues pivotgrabbing.

Top Bottom