• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Pikachu a few updates back lost its dthrow chain-grab, ive tried it again for kicks and it seems like its back. I hope it isnt just me? Cuz i thoght the dthrow had longer cooldown time

Revven

FrankerZ
It's not just you, we tried to get rid of it, the speed change didn't do anything. We have to, again, wait for a throw modifier to fix it.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
It's not just you, we tried to get rid of it, the speed change didn't do anything. We have to, again, wait for a throw modifier to fix it.
darn, lol guess i still gotta get wrecked by pikachu's throws then.
Question tho, how would a throw modifier come into play? I take it you guys havent found what codes change the effect of throws yet then? What if a throw did more damage would it change anything?

Revven

FrankerZ
darn, lol guess i still gotta get wrecked by pikachu's throws then.
Question tho, how would a throw modifier come into play? I take it you guys havent found what codes change the effect of throws yet then? What if a throw did more damage would it change anything?
It just hasn't been bothered to looked into, there were other things that are a bit more important to fix than Pika's Dthrow CG (although it IS important to fix that, it shouldn't be a major focal point for weeks is what I am saying). Heightening damage as far as I know would up the KBG on the throw or lessen it (depending on if you lower/raise damage) assuming it has a hitbox. Even then though, that would then make Pika's Dthrow do more damage which would be bad and who knows how high we'd have to go for it in order to not CG (not only that but, I believe it doesn't have a hitbox. But, I could be wrong).

Almas

Smash Lord
We can modify the damage of throws because many throws have hitboxes. An obvious example - during Mario's Backthrow he spins the opponent round several times, and conjures a hitbox where they are being hurtled. Changing the damage of these hitboxes changes the damage of the throw but has no significant impact on its knockback.

Self quoted from elsewhere.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
lol i noticed.

Is it possible to give certain characters auto-sweet spotting or is it a universal thing? Cuz i know Lucario's is write-protected but does that mean that if you change ASL that all characters HAVE to be included?

Yingyay

Smash Ace
^ Cool, cuz honestly Diddy's rocket sucks unless ou go straight up, can even angle it to sweetspot edges like Ness and Lucas can

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
hey the reverse knee..can it be taken out? like, the way it worked in melee is way different as in melee it really worked with your direction and in b+ it requires a specific area of landing it. could the reverse knee have the same knockback it does now, just change the angle forward instead?

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
hey the reverse knee..can it be taken out? like, the way it worked in melee is way different as in melee it really worked with your direction and in b+ it requires a specific area of landing it. could the reverse knee have the same knockback it does now, just change the angle forward instead?
what for? i thought the whole point was to fake out your opponent into DI-ing wrong... i honestly really like landing it backwards at mid percents, opponents need to struggle more to break from my combo's that way

Wario_man

Smash Cadet
Hey there, I'm a PAL user and am trying to play with the latest updates but whenever I try to launch the game with Gecko it doesn't work and when I do with Ocarina it tells me that the list is too big. ;_;

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
in melee it launched you reverse by depending on where you hit them too. its just the area is larger in b+ and more noticeable.

D

Deleted member

that code isn't in the PAL set. basically the "hold shield to swap" was buggy, and therefore taken out. I couldn't find the old code >_>

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
that code isn't in the PAL set. basically the "hold shield to swap" was buggy, and therefore taken out. I couldn't find the old code >_>
ah, fair enough, i was wondering that myself.

oh, also, this is probably nothing, but i noticed, when you use upB at the ground(collide while still in the animation), you weren't able to upB again until after you jumped next. thought i might point that out, but fixing it isn't a major priority right now though.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
what for? i thought the whole point was to fake out your opponent into DI-ing wrong... i honestly really like landing it backwards at mid percents, opponents need to struggle more to break from my combo's that way
fake your opponent into DI wrong back onto the stage. in melee i feel i had more control when i hit people with it but in b+ ill just hit people without when i don't even want to putting them behind me when i want them in front. and "opponents need to struggle more to break from my combos" actually supports my argument.

V-K

Smash Ace
This is the old PAL Pokemon no Swap Code:

C2811B50 00000004
7FA4EB78 2C170115
41820010 2C1A0023
41820008 8883000A
60000000 00000000

EDIT: Yup, I just put it in the newest codeset and now the "no-swap" works fine.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
fake your opponent into DI wrong back onto the stage. in melee i feel i had more control when i hit people with it but in b+ ill just hit people without when i don't even want to putting them behind me when i want them in front. and "opponents need to struggle more to break from my combos" actually supports my argument.
i can understand your feelings on it, but personally, it never felt like an issue for me, that said though, i don't often have trouble controlling which hitbox i land.

oh, and the "opponents need to struggle more to break from my combos" thing, i was referring also to faking them to DI towards me amidst a combo instead of away

EDIT: also, I'd be totally in favor of reducing the size of the reversed knee hitbox, maybe to make it harder to land... or to make the forward knee a little easier

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
i can understand your feelings on it, but personally, it never felt like an issue for me, that said though, i don't often have trouble controlling which hitbox i land.

oh, and the "opponents need to struggle more to break from my combos" thing, i was referring also to faking them to DI towards me amidst a combo instead of away

EDIT: also, I'd be totally in favor of reducing the size of the reversed knee hitbox, maybe to make it harder to land... or to make the forward knee a little easier
i can agree with your edit. :)

also, anything to clean up grab releases + implementation of reflecting perfect shielding + tether grab animations (link+tl's dash grabs and other characters with tethers)

Revven

FrankerZ
Grab releases were fixed a lonnnngggg time ago. Tethers, do you mean the grabs? Or the offstage ones? Link, TL, and Samus (I think one other, name escapes me) have faster wind-down on their standing grabs.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Grab releases were fixed a lonnnngggg time ago. Tethers, do you mean the grabs? Or the offstage ones? Link, TL, and Samus (I think one other, name escapes me) have faster wind-down on their standing grabs.
by grab releases, i mean making them all grounded because being put in the air is still a disadvantage in certain situations, and by tether grabs i mean onstage grabs, dashing, pivot, etc. i know standing and grab release combos were fixed.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yeah falco400 thats what I think too. Perfect shielding is way too easy right now it would make proyectiles completely useless >_>. Characters already have enough stuff to get around proyectiles in brawl +.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
The way perfect shielding works right now would make it too potent.
That should be looked into. PS is silly easy in B+, and the window is supposed to be shorter than in Melee. Maybe the PS window modifier doesn't work as it should?

I would rather have a more restrictive window and reflective properties than easy PS.

Also, it might not be needed, but right now, slow characters are in a serious disadvantage against characters with spammable projectiles, like Falco, Fox or Ivy; so it seems worth a try.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
That should be looked into. PS is silly easy in B+, and the window is supposed to be shorter than in Melee. Maybe the PS window modifier doesn't work as it should?

I would rather have a more restrictive window and reflective properties than easy PS.

Also, it might not be needed, but right now, slow characters are in a serious disadvantage against characters with spammable projectiles, like Falco, Fox or Ivy; so it seems worth a try.
imo, brawl+ (the physics not the people) caters to lighter characters. characters that are ko'd early are pretty good.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
imo, brawl+ (the physics not the people) caters to lighter characters. characters that are ko'd early are pretty good.
Snake says 'HI!' :p but other then that yes, most of the heavies are just average. All of them are solid characters, but won't break out of the middle tier I think.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Snake says 'HI!' :p but other then that yes, most of the heavies are just average. All of them are solid characters, but won't break out of the middle tier I think.
snake's only good cuz of his wind effects and ko early combos... FTILT UTILT

Rudra

Smash Ace
I thought that the main problem was that the game buffers shield, which results in easier PSing...is something actually wrong with the window?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
One of the big problems with PS is that it is SO easy to do unintentionally.

If you hold your shield right as you are going to be attacked chances are you will powershield it without even meaning to. It's very common to just be wanting to shield a Smash or tilt, a situation where you are going to press and hold the shield, and you end up accidentally PSing.

The way it should be, is that you have to hold the shield down at the right time and release it within a few frames, but with Brawl it isn't that way... :\
If that ever became possible to do, I would love it but good luck convincing everybody that it is a good thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom