• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bulldog Brawl: 2 (feat Reflex / BigLou / BBQ / Dynomite / DRN / Player-1)

Waytooscruffy

Smash Cadet
No problem, and thanks.

In addition to unlimited replays, the code for shields, by Phantom Wings. Is that allowed? It doesn't make any unwanted changes, but the more appealing shield, is still nice.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
As far a texture hax go, if both parties are fine w/ it its not that much of an issue for me. The only concern is that, as I stated before, it has the potential to lengthen transformation times, such as Zelda to Shiek, which can alter gameplay. And if a hack goes wrong, it can freeze up systems. Most the time it doesn't, but as an alteration of code goes, it has the potential to. The only reason I ban most hax is just as a precaution.

Waytooscruffy

Smash Cadet
Yeah I can understand why you want to take that precaution. It's better just to prevent any problems, instead of having the problems, delaying the tourney, and having possible DQs.

I don't know if/how textures alter Transform though.

"In Brawl, the animation for the transformation takes significantly longer, but Zelda/Sheik is invincible during the majority of the transformation. This is most likely due to a software limitation (The larger disc that the Wii uses having a longer average load time than the Game Cube's smaller discs), not an intentional change, as the transformation time is the same when Zelda/Sheik's reaction time is slowed down by an item, assist trophy, or practice mode. While making the transformation more punishable, it is possible to use this move to dodge Final Smashes such as Cook Kirby; and Tabuu's Off Waves. "

Unless textures add loading time. Although if it does, I can only understand a few frames worth.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
costumes don't add load time.
it's basically just replacing the costume file already on the disk, but getting it from the sd instead. It wouldn't change anything.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Also... i have a Jigglypuff texture that doesn't work right and causes the character to go invisible. As I said, whatever, if you really must use them then do it, but if your opponent has an issue with it then, well, you know.

Also... for some reason my subscriptions got reset and it has stopped emailing me when someone posted.

Player-1

Smash Legend
will this be at the same place it was last time? Or will the room be bigger? This seems to be getting more interest than last time and it might be kind of cramped if it's the same sized room

Rilata

Smash Rookie
Hey now, hey now. I said we couldn't charge a door fee because we'd have to go through that ticketing office in Tate, and then non-students who didn't live in Athens would have serious trouble making it happen; we decided that it'd be better to not have a door fee than to just up and effectively block out all non-UGA Smashers, remember? So shush, you. =P

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Hey now, hey now. I said we couldn't charge a door fee because we'd have to go through that ticketing office in Tate, and then non-students who didn't live in Athens would have serious trouble making it happen; we decided that it'd be better to not have a door fee than to just up and effectively block out all non-UGA Smashers, remember? So shush, you. =P
I took a poll and most prefer a door fee, that way I don't deduct from the winnings to pay off the room and equipment rental. Also, if we get enough people I may lower the door fee. Also, I'm not gonna be a jerk about it either. If your not gonna play any and your just there to watch a friend or just chill in the room (ie: your a girlfriend there to watch your boyfriend play) Im not gonna be an *** and make you pay or turn you away at the door. Its mainly there for competitors and people wanting to play the PRs in friendlies. Also, extra door fee may find its way into winnings and or add 4th and 5th place money. As stated before were not looking to make much profit. Last time the fee was only $95. This time its gonna be about $160. And since were having 2 events and possibly 4, I can make sure I get an even amount in representation from all groups to pay for the room. Cause w/out a door fee, I have to take away from the winnings to pay for the room, and people aren't crazy about that.

I plan on stealing an idea from DNR and Dyno and give nametags to those that pay the door fee. If you're playing on a wii w/ no nametag... you get shood off it. Simple.

On a second note, Tate center and Student reservations aren't the most caring group. Especially on a Saturday. We pulled the halo tourney off w/out the sheet outside the window, and I even had a lady from reservations come by and didn't have a bit of problem.

@P1: It will be in a bigger room. I already have it reserved. ;)

If anyone else has a problem w/ the door fee or that it will be waived for UGA students, please let me know. I host the tourney for you, not myself.

/EndLongPost

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
As an aside, door fees are traditionally a "getting to play at all" fee. They're used as the payment to play friendlies and enter the tournament(s), basically. With that definition, there is no gray area as far as who should have to pay and who shouldn't.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
I like how I like liking things that I like.

Edit: Damn you chima. Beating me by just a few seconds. Story of my life.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Okay guys. Who wants me to give you free food at the venue?

If you bring a setup and it gets used, you get a voucher for free food. We will have pizza and bottled water there that were going to be selling.

So far I'm the only one signed up to bring a setup. We need alot more than that.

:phone:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll try to bring a TV + Wii/Brawl.

SaiXander

Smash Apprentice
Augusta/Charleston, South Carolina, basically.
My eyes are upon this tournament.

This is the week before I get off of orders, but it is on a weekend -- I might make it with my mini-crew of four, strictly for the Melee.

If anyone from the South Augusta area wants a ride, I can handle four others in my vehicle. (So, I can take one person if all of my smash friends come, more if any of them can't make it. First come, first serve as information comes to you.)

+Interest

Edit: +3 interested, capable of bringing 2GC and 2 Melee games

Tulat

Smash Cadet
I havin't been to a tourney since MLG Raleigh, and i was thinking of asking this from my father for a birthday present since mine is September 25th.
Could anyone explain what the place we will be in is like?
Such as the approx size of the room.
If it's like a hotel room or something my Dad would say no, as he has multipul times in the past.

Put me down as interested, I'll talk to him tomorrow and post back when i can. Thanks. :]

Kaptain

Smash Ace
I havin't been to a tourney since MLG Raleigh, and i was thinking of asking this from my father for a birthday present since mine is September 25th.
Could anyone explain what the place we will be in is like?
Such as the approx size of the room.
If it's like a hotel room or something my Dad would say no, as he has multipul times in the past.

Put me down as interested, I'll talk to him tomorrow and post back when i can. Thanks. :]
Its going to be in a reception hall in the Student Center at the University of Georgia. Basically its a large, rectangular room designed for large groups of people. Its not going to be some small hotel room with beds and what not in it.

Tulat

Smash Cadet
Its going to be in a reception hall in the Student Center at the University of Georgia. Basically its a large, rectangular room designed for large groups of people. Its not going to be some small hotel room with beds and what not in it.
Sounds great, high chance i'll be able to make it.
Also a friend of mine is also interested. So put us both down as interested please.

Me = Tulat
Friend = Sai

T-nuts

Smash Ace
STILL a high chance I will be coming to this, with another guy whos name is to be determined (Metanoob?). I will most likely not be bringing my copy of brawl, as it has been encountering errors every time I try to play it lately =/ But if ya'll are lucky, it will just mean I am out of practice haha =D

Top Bottom