• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Match-Up General Discussion ~ Week 21 (?)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
35:65 at the worst.

Falcon's Uair is pretty aggravating but I usually try to dair when they go for Uair approaches gotta be careful since dair is bait able.

You can decide on 35:65 or 40:60 either works but the point is Lucario has an advantage.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hey lordhelmet are you going to the Vayseth tourney? Or one of Tech's Smashfests?

If so I'd like to friendly or MM you and both of us can reflect and get a good final verdict on this MU.

Official LBR ratio is 63.33:36.67 Lucario's favor btw.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Hey lordhelmet are you going to the Vayseth tourney? Or one of Tech's Smashfests?

If so I'd like to friendly or MM you and both of us can reflect and get a good final verdict on this MU.

Official LBR ratio is 63.33:36.67 Lucario's favor btw.
Not likely going, no job and no car johns. I usually get a ride with Demp and L but I don't think they're going so I'll probably have to MM you sometime later.

Atm I'm leaning towards 4-6, we can take a vote if necessary since it seems pretty evenly split between 35-65 and 40-60...

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I'm gonna go with 35-65 Lucario's favor.
I don't mean to take away from the subject....

But who are CF's better matchups...?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Poor Zelda.
That's when they press down+B and turn the MU like... 30:70.
how should i play against shiek? all i do is stay the **** away from her, and do that canceled lag dAir, but do a full hop, and as soon as dAir ends, use uAir. it keeps her at bay apparently.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
You've gotta be extremely trigger happy with your shield while against Sheik. She can camp with needles and rack up quite a bit of damage on Falcon if you're not near her at all times. Jumping around the needles isn't exactly smart since she can punish you upon landing with them as well.

Keep the pressure on her. Bair is a good tool for pressuring at lower percents so you can try to avoid getting trapped in some Ftilt/Dtilt/grab combo. Utilt is decent for pressuring, but Sheik has range and speed, like us, so you've gotta be really careful with what you do and avoid getting predictable. Sheik can get around most of our options without much effort.

That being said, Sheik is terrible in the air. As much as I love her air game, it's absolute garbage compared to most characters. Her Fair and Bair are amazing for pressuring, her Uair is decent for punishing characters above her, but her Dair is laughable. It's only good for mind gaming, imo.

That being said, just keep the pressure on her with Falcon. There's not really much Falcon can do against a character like her because she has a projectile; a fairly good damaging racking projectile. So don't give her the opportunity to put it to much use and just stay in her face. Like I said, be really defensive and use your shield as much as possible and you should be alright.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Sorry to interrupt current discussion:

I was wondering if the grab release stuff listed on the front page is 100% guaranteed. I can't seem to get solid results from my testing. Most importantly uair and hyphen smash.

Player-3

Smash Hero
uair is legit, hyphen smash is also legit but they can easily SDI out of it

and you have to boost grab to cg him

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Bump.

Final ratio on Lucario? I think it's 4-6 personally but I'm going with 35-65 if no one else says anything.

And if anyone is up for helping me with summaries (see post under OP) please do so!

Yayuhz

Smash Apprentice
Lucario? **** them aura spheres and deliver some Yayuhz combos, n drop dat ***** dead.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I'll try one more time...

35-65 or 40-60? I'd like to see some responses shpl0x

I'm going with 40-60, I will post a detailed summary if anyone strongly disagrees.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Player-3 actually plays this game though :S

Please no theory-crafting flame wars consisting of "he r4p3s us" "d00d n0 he d03sn't he sux"

Player-3

Smash Hero
you always say that

but you're always wrong.

the reason lucario beats falcon is because:

auraspheres, his roll, and he can keep you away from him fairly decently with ftilts and fairs

lucarios fastest move is frame 5. his utilt, which starts behind him

get in close to him and you win.

in fact, a perfectly spaced jab is unshieldgrabbable i'm pretty sure

M.C. Pee-Pants

Smash Journeyman
you always say that

but you're always wrong.

the reason lucario beats falcon is because:

auraspheres, his roll, and he can keep you away from him fairly decently with ftilts and fairs

lucarios fastest move is frame 5. his utilt, which starts behind him

get in close to him and you win.

in fact, a perfectly spaced jab is unshieldgrabbable i'm pretty sure
Thats eaisier said then done

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
There's more reasons than that, P3. But I do agree with you. His roll is the main reason he's a pain to me though. Between him and Wolf, I don't know who's roll is more annoying.

Player-3

Smash Hero
mc pee, matchup discussions are about the frames and stuff, not a players ability to perform it (unless it's like.. frame perfect melee fox lol, but this is brawl everything can be done)

M.C. Pee-Pants

Smash Journeyman
mc pee, matchup discussions are about the frames and stuff, not a players ability to perform it (unless it's like.. frame perfect melee fox lol, but this is brawl everything can be done)
frames wise I dont really any frames with any characters really I just do things randomly :ohwell:

Player-3

Smash Hero
all you have to do agaisnt lucario is shield out of his grab range, and not spotdodge alot

his aerials can be uaired OoS (except for MAYBE perfect fair.. not sure if the uair would reach)

his fsmash can be reacted to, and you can get a free FHN/dair out of it if you have a decent reaction time and think about punishing it

aura spheres are different, but just PS them

Top Bottom