• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Match-Up General Discussion ~ Week 21 (?)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
mc pee, matchup discussions are about the frames and stuff, not a players ability to perform it (unless it's like.. frame perfect melee fox lol, but this is brawl everything can be done)
But that doesnt really help your case.

Lucario is a better character than falcon, obviously, and as up close is all we can handle, than, especially in brawl, this matchup is quite a bad one for falcon.

To my standards, though I realise the exact definitions of the ratio are partially personal interpetation, too, thats 35-65 lucario.

Player-3

Smash Hero
But that doesnt really help your case.

Lucario is a better character than falcon, obviously, and as up close is all we can handle, than, especially in brawl, this matchup is quite a bad one for falcon.

To my standards, though I realise the exact definitions of the ratio are partially personal interpetation, too, thats 35-65 lucario.
holy crap

you really don't understand this game at all

LOL

Zeallyx

holy crap

you really don't understand this game at all

LOL
It really seems as though the numbers you provide, and the plain idiocy you portrayed a few posts back, actually points out the lack of essence in that statement right there.

As you beeing wrong takes away the base on which you place that statement.

Excuse my lack of words, but, epic fail 2 the max, p-3.

"lol not if you space it right"

That^, was you.
Now never even think of me in a demeaning manner, silly boy. :bee:

And dont even get me started about the context you put it in.

And, mind you, I actually agree with you. It could very well be that I dont understand this game at all, but you are not one to point it out, or, as you are, even think that.

With that said, you'll prolly just brush this off with a one-liner, and/or a sign of not caring. But I second that. as srs bizniz = obvsly srs

Let's just say you entertained me today. 9/10

Player-3

Smash Hero
yes i am, as i am clarifying that you have to space the move for it to be safe on block, you can't be right next to them

and you don't understand the game.

maybe you understand the game, but you have no idea what high level play is i guess

Zeallyx

yes i am, as i am clarifying that you have to space the move for it to be safe on block, you can't be right next to them

and you don't understand the game.

maybe you understand the game, but you have no idea what high level play is i guess
But dude, the same can be said for lucario. (Plus, he can even do it more effectively)

And saying I dont understand what competitive play is, what I'm not fighting, as I dont care, while you say something that shows such lack of knowledge on the matter itself as "lol not if you space it", is irony I can appreciate.

Player-3

Smash Hero
actually most of lucarios moves CAN be punished on block by falcon.

dair hits your shield, you can uair

fair you can uair unless they retreat it

bair... idk i've never actually seen a lucario use it lmao

nair you can probobly AC dair them OoS since they'll either try to spotdodge or grab

fsmash you can dash attack if you buffer it ( not hard considering how long the startup is so you know when it's coming]

ftilt is pretty safe, so is dtilt

utilt is grabbable

usmash is lol

dsmash is dash grabbable

aura spheres are pretty lol though just ps them and slowly close the distance

Zeallyx

actually most of lucarios moves CAN be punished on block by falcon.

dair hits your shield, you can uair

fair you can uair unless they retreat it

bair... idk i've never actually seen a lucario use it lmao

nair you can probobly AC dair them OoS since they'll either try to spotdodge or grab

fsmash you can dash attack if you buffer it ( not hard considering how long the startup is so you know when it's coming]

ftilt is pretty safe, so is dtilt

utilt is grabbable

usmash is lol

dsmash is dash grabbable

aura spheres are pretty lol though just ps them and slowly close the distance
True.

But all this proves is that falcon and lucario both have attacks who are, and attacks who are not safe on block.

We already agreed on that. Or, at least, I didnt dissagree, I only pointed out the same can be said for both characters.

The point was, that we both said the same thing, and I am the one who doesnt get this game, according to you.

So, wutz?

Player-3

Smash Hero
yes

and the only way he can make it up is to fly me to holland and we all party together

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Get back on track sexy boys.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well it's either dead or on topic I don't give a **** which.

Just choose.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Alright guys, seriously. Lets get back to work and leave the rambling for the Social Thread. What're we leaning toward for the ratio?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
35:65 is probably more accurate, but I can see 40:60 being decent too. I'm leaning toward 40:60 though, but I'm a bit biased because I've had ****tons of practice with the match-up against PatG and some others.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Fine by me.
GW is hard but possible if you know how to SDI his Bair/Nair, how to punish the turtle when you shield it and if you don't run into his smashes.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Fine by me.
GW is hard but possible if you know how to SDI his Bair/Nair, how to punish the turtle when you shield it and if you don't run into his smashes.
This. Surprisingly I see people having trouble with these simple things.

2008 G&W is much easier than 2010 G&W.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I love the G&W MU. Leaning toward 35:65 for this one. Would say it's higher, but you gotta play really shield campy and grab a lot.

I'll give my reasons later.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I haven't played any decent GnW for a long time, only Dair spammers >.>

However, I always had trouble punishing GnW's recovery, sometimes I can land a knee on his upB, and other times i can't touch GnW's upB

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
I think this mu is 40-60 or 35-65 GnW.

GnW annoying moves
Turtle is easy to sdi and punish with a knee or any other aerial
Nair- they can use it to keep us away or as a combo move
D-tilt- they can use it to keep us away. Best option against it is jump over it or uptilt.
U-tilt- thats the move that can rack 20% or more if falcon is at 0.

Watch out form Upsmash and try to bait gnw foward air. Gnw foward air is so bad that you can punish it with a knee and if they are a scrub gnw you can falcon punch them if they fair into the stage lol.

Top Bottom