• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cheer-Leading Shockers, Plusle and Minun for Smash Bros. 4! DLC Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are we even getting the demand for Ruby/ Sapphire remakes like we were for Gold and Silver?

I really would like the remakes for them...It just doesn't feel like they are going to be made at this point.

THere were a lot more signs of the gold/ silver remakes

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So to say a Hoenn Pokemon is likely based on speculated facts is counter-productive to the discussion because it brings into question how legitimate the facts are. Speculation is a shaky ground to base ANY solid argument on and should be supported by actual concrete facts.

:phone:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well, here are some facts as to why the speculation is probably correct:
1)The best three selling games for the game boy colour was Pokemon Ruby, followed by Pokemon Sapphire and finishing with Pokemon Emerald. And that's out of all games on the game boy colour. So surely Nintendo wants to recreate the most popular and largest money-making game of the game boy era, wouldn't they?
2) Generation 3 is largely forgotten, despite the fact that it brought in the idea of actually going out of your way to defeat the villainous team. It also introduced contests, a mechanic used in generation 4 and built upon in generation 5 and feeding your Pokemon food (in this case Pokeblocks) to help raise your Pokemon's happiness. There are other advances in the games since gold and silver too, but it would take a long time to list them all.
3) They get a load of money. Money. Nintendo will make a lot of money.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has Nintendo even mentioned anything about a Ruby/ Sapphire remake?

They talked a lot about the Gold and Silver remakes before they were confirmed

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's ok to speculate a possible remake of Ruby and Sapphire, but like people said, it should not be stated as a fact.

IF it happens, it MIGHT increase their chances. Though, I never got those two as being the most popular pokemon from that generation.

Mudkip maybe

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait wait wait...why are you saying that a 3rd Gen duo is unanimous? Last I checked, as far as 3rd Gen, Deoxys, Blaziken/Grovyle/Mudkip, and Gardevoir are still more requested. Well, maybe not Gardevoir anymore, but pre-Brawl, she definitely was.

Even the people requesting another duo usually pick, around here, anyway, a Dixie/Kiddy duo for Donkey Kong Country. Most people I'd say don't want a Pokemon duo, based on what I've seen.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm not even sure why the focus of these discussions is the likelihood of the characters. It's supposed to be a "Wouldn't this be cool to do?" thread, where people theorize how the characters would work. You're all such Negative Nancies. :(

D

Deleted member

I'm not even sure why the focus of these discussions is the likelihood of the characters. It's supposed to be a "Wouldn't this be cool to do?" thread, where people theorize how the characters would work. You're all such Negative Nancies. :(
Discussion of likelyhood happens in each and every one of these threads. Get over it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Discussion of likelyhood happens in each and every one of these threads. Get over it.
You should work on being less abrasive. It makes people much more difficult to take seriously.

It's just nicer to see people care about the positive aspects of the possibilities. Having a framework for the characters aids in discussion much more than questioning the "legality," especially when there are clear prerequisites set out. It allows people to use their imaginations and enthusiasm for something constructive.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wait wait wait...why are you saying that a 3rd Gen duo is unanimous? Last I checked, as far as 3rd Gen, Deoxys, Blaziken/Grovyle/Mudkip, and Gardevoir are still more requested. Well, maybe not Gardevoir anymore, but pre-Brawl, she definitely was.

Even the people requesting another duo usually pick, around here, anyway, a Dixie/Kiddy duo for Donkey Kong Country. Most people I'd say don't want a Pokemon duo, based on what I've seen.
I personally don't want a pokemon duo. I feel the ice climbers are unique because they are a duo. I believe voting this would lessen thr uniqueness of IC

I must aologize. I am hella drunk so please exude my bad grammar.

Plushies4Ever

Smash Rookie
Weren't they planned to be in Brawl?

It's ok to speculate a possible remake of Ruby and Sapphire, but like people said, it should not be stated as a fact.

IF it happens, it MIGHT increase their chances. Though, I never got those two as being the most popular pokemon from that generation.

Mudkip maybe
Hey, dawg, I herd you liek Mudkips...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I personally don't want a pokemon duo. I feel the ice climbers are unique because they are a duo. I believe voting this would lessen thr uniqueness of IC

I must aologize. I am hella drunk so please exude my bad grammar.

I actually feel the same way. Not drunk, but about the Ice Climber thing. Sakurai likes unique characters, so I feel another similar duo wouldn't be a priority for him.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Weren't they planned to be in Brawl?
It's just a theory, because the data "Pra_Mai" was discovered by hackers. No other information was obtained about it. However if it was truly Plusle & Minin their character files would of been separate like the Ice Climbers, Popo & Nana, instead of sharing one file. It is also speculated that it is simply data for the random button because it can translate into "every player."

There hasn't been any hard evidence that it is Plusle & Minun.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Top 100 pokemon poll from ign voted by fanshttp://www.ign.com/top/pokemon

Amount of 3rd gen pokemon: 13
absol, aggron, blaziken, deoxys, flygon, groudon, kyogre, latias, latios, metagross, milotic, rayquaza, salamence, swampert,

only groudon, kyogre, rayquaza, and maybe latias and latios seem like they may be unplayable.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You are making me want a 3rd gen remake...

THe fact it hasn't been revealed though makes me sad

jigglover

Smash Lord
It's just a theory, because the data "Pra_Mai" was discovered by hackers. No other information was obtained about it. However if it was truly Plusle & Minin their character files would of been separate like the Ice Climbers, Popo & Nana, instead of sharing one file. It is also speculated that it is simply data for the random button because it can translate into "every player."

There hasn't been any hard evidence that it is Plusle & Minun.

It can be translated very loosely to say something like more or every, but it isn't as blunt as every player. Plusle and Minun's japanese names are Prasule and Mainun, which, as I've bolded, translates directly to English, whereas the every player theory doesn't translate directly.
Also, the random box is in the final game, so how can it be a scrapped place on the selection screen that is in the final game?
There hasn't been any hard evidence that it is the random box.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I think they're unlikely because there are alot better choices for duo characters and other Pokémon reps.
Now, why I don't like them, now that's a different story.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
It can be translated very loosely to say something like more or every, but it isn't as blunt as every player. Plusle and Minun's japanese names are Prasule and Mainun, which, as I've bolded, translates directly to English, whereas the every player theory doesn't translate directly.
Also, the random box is in the final game, so how can it be a scrapped place on the selection screen that is in the final game?
There hasn't been any hard evidence that it is the random box.
I was just posting the mystery behind pra_mai, not claiming anything. We won't know anything about it until Sakurai tell us otherwise.

It is still pretty baffling that they weren't separate like Popo & Nana. However, that still doesn't mean they weren't once considered. Pra_mai could've simply been place holders early in development.

We don't really need to dive into this since it has all ready been discussed in every way possible.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
absol 4,200,000
aggron 738,0000
blaziken 1,810,000
deoxys 2,800,000
flygon 1,280,000
metagross 1,115,000
milotic 1,420,000
salamence 1,280,000
swampert 1,090,000

plusle 858,000
minun 19,200,000
plusle and minun 1,880,000

jigglover

Smash Lord
Right, so according to that, Minun is more popular than Absol, but if you add Plusle and Minun together, you end up less than aggron? That's odd, if I do it on a calculator it ends up as 20,058,000 which, like Minun on its own, overtakes Aggron, and it's not beneath it. So, if you were supporting Pluske and Minun in that post thank you, but check your math, and if you weren't then it failed because you just showed everyone a poll on the internet that shows Minun is the most popular gen 3 Pokemon alone, never mind Plusle AND Minun.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
These 2 would make for a very fun tag-team, along with Mewtwo they are my top 2 (as a tag team, therefore one seperate character) Pokemon rep choices.

First reply this thread got in nearly a year, eh?

(someone did the same thing for the Bubbles thread, why can't I?)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Seeing this back makes me wonder...what ever happened to that jigglover guy? :laugh:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Would have loved to see them in Brawl or Melee, but now that their irrelevant in Pokemon I'm a little ehhh, but they would have been great in SSBB
Melee came out before Ruby/Sapphire...

I'd love to see them in to rep Generation 3. Them and Blaziken seems to be the most popular choices. Probably won't happen though :/

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Well, it seems that the remakes of Ruby and Saphire are boosting this guys's chances for getting a playable spot. Will they finally be a complete character this time around or will they remain as a unfinished data file (at the best case scenario)?

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
3rd Generation remakes confirmed!
upload_2014-5-7_14-21-30.jpeg

I already supported them, but now they're actually somewhat likely!

Support!!

bobadz

Smash Ace
I joked in the pokemon thread that hey were confirmed. Anyway looking at trademarks. Nintendo has trademarked Mega Plusle and Mega Minun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom