• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cheer-Leading Shockers, Plusle and Minun for Smash Bros. 4! DLC Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglover

Smash Lord
The OP is finally (partially) Updated!

What do you think, @ J jigglover
Well you certainly cut out the rambling and got to the point lol. I'm looking forward to what your movesets etc. will be. My one complaint would be that the colour hurts my eyes, though 9.9.

Also could you add my stage idea to the OP please? I think it's on Page 2! :)

Overall, though, it's a huge improvement! :D

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Well you certainly cut out the rambling and got to the point lol. I'm looking forward to what your movesets etc. will be. My one complaint would be that the colour hurts my eyes, though 9.9.

Also could you add my stage idea to the OP please? I think it's on Page 2! :)

Overall, though, it's a huge improvement! :D
Ok.
It should be completely done by the end of the week.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Oh also, could such a comedic OP also make Plusle+Minun look like a joke character? Because they actually have a really serious shot as DLC I think.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Plusle and Minun's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Plusle and Minun's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
For my personal moveset (listed in the OP) it would be Trickster, because we would have te unpredictability of Baton Pass as Plusle and Minun switcha round their attack properties with ease. I can imagine them as speedsters though.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
For my personal moveset (listed in the OP) it would be Trickster, because we would have te unpredictability of Baton Pass as Plusle and Minun switcha round their attack properties with ease. I can imagine them as speedsters though.
How would the cheer leading shockers deal with characters like :4dedede:?

jigglover

Smash Lord
How would the cheer leading shockers deal with characters like :4dedede:?
Well as a trickster they more play mind games with the opponent than they do with certain characters. Plusle and Minun will control quite quickly, so they would be able to issue damage out with Minun quickly, before switching into Plusle for a quick smash. Their Down tilt coupled with Fake Tears would be especially effective on King Dedede most of the time, because the attack trips D3 before unleashing a powerful Fake Tears to vertically KO the big happy penguin. D3 would require a bit of playing around, but that's the sort of character I imagine Pra_Mai to be anyway; tricksters who use lots of mind games to play around the big heavy characters by first building up lots of damage with Minun before smash attacking and KO'ing opponents with Plusle.

They would have the best matchups against lighter characters such as :gw: or even :4diddy:, and would have an absolute field day with slower attacking characters like :4falcon:. Their biggest threat would probably be someone not easily gimped, and for that character to be controlled by someone very in control. Probably someone like :4pacman: or :4lucina:.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well as a trickster they more play mind games with the opponent than they do with certain characters. Plusle and Minun will control quite quickly, so they would be able to issue damage out with Minun quickly, before switching into Plusle for a quick smash. Their Down tilt coupled with Fake Tears would be especially effective on King Dedede most of the time, because the attack trips D3 before unleashing a powerful Fake Tears to vertically KO the big happy penguin. D3 would require a bit of playing around, but that's the sort of character I imagine Pra_Mai to be anyway; tricksters who use lots of mind games to play around the big heavy characters by first building up lots of damage with Minun before smash attacking and KO'ing opponents with Plusle.

They would have the best matchups against lighter characters such as :gw: or even :4diddy:, and would have an absolute field day with slower attacking characters like :4falcon:. Their biggest threat would probably be someone not easily gimped, and for that character to be controlled by someone very in control. Probably someone like :4pacman: or :4lucina:.
How would they deal with characters that function in teams like them like :rosalina: & :popo:?

jigglover

Smash Lord
How would they deal with characters that function in teams like them like :rosalina: & :popo:?
Well the same as any other character, except Pra_Mai might even be in a worse state than others, because my move set focuses on them having close-up projectiles or possibly even status conditions (the stun off of Baton Pass) and their physical attacks are purposefully short and snappy. As they are small characters (think Pichu, but a tiny bit bigger) they won't have the biggest range either. So... they wouldn't deal with them well at all! D:

Why are you asking these question by the way? Just wondering :p

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Tricky Speedster.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well the same as any other character, except Pra_Mai might even be in a worse state than others, because my move set focuses on them having close-up projectiles or possibly even status conditions (the stun off of Baton Pass) and their physical attacks are purposefully short and snappy. As they are small characters (think Pichu, but a tiny bit bigger) they won't have the biggest range either. So... they wouldn't deal with them well at all! D:

Why are you asking these question by the way? Just wondering :p
I want a better understanding of how these characters would play and how they would stack up against existing characters.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I want a better understanding of how these characters would play and how they would stack up against existing characters.
I would hope that Plusle and Minun would at least be DLC for SSB4. BTW, Oracle_Summon would you mind asking your questions on the support thread for Plum (Mario Golf) for SSB4? I have some ideas for her and ideas for my Pilot Wings thread, please? I hope I'm not asking much of you or anything.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I would hope that Plusle and Minun would at least be DLC for SSB4. BTW Oracle_Summon would you mind asking your questions on the support thread for Plum (Mario Golf) for SSB4? I have some ideas for her and ideas for my Pilot Wings thread, please? I hope I'm not asking much of you or anything.
No, you sound reasonable. I just need to find the the Support Threads for them.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm beginning to think Plusle and Minun may be just DLC, if Sakurai even decides to notice them enough to do that.

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
there is one big problem with plusle and minun: Sakurai wasn't able to program the ice climbers into the 3DS. It had something to do with the cpu part acting on it's own being to much to program, which is partly why rosalina had to be a puppeteer instead of a duo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom