• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cheer-Leading Shockers, Plusle and Minun for Smash Bros. 4! DLC Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Not asking any specific moderator /admin at the moment, but could I have ownership of this thread?

The original owner and starter hasn't been around since last June, and the thread hasn't been updated or modified at all since 2012.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I support Plusle and Minun over Sceptile; that is certain.
That's... weird? I dunno. We already have our cute electric rodent representative. Do we need two more? Sceptile's some sort of weird plant-gecko hybrid which is different enough. I doubt we'll get either of them, anyway.

Morbi

Scavenger
That's... weird? I dunno. We already have our cute electric rodent representative. Do we need two more? Sceptile's some sort of weird plant-gecko hybrid which is different enough. I doubt we'll get either of them, anyway.
We needed another one in Melee, and more likely than not, we were going to get them in Brawl; or at the very least, they were considered. It isn't necessarily "two" more. I assume they would function largely the same as the Ice Climbers. No one asserts that we have two Ice Climbers representatives.

Sceptile reminds me of Greninja more than Plusle and Minun remind me of Pikachu.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
We needed another one in Melee, and more likely than not, we were going to get them in Brawl; or at the very least, they were considered. It isn't necessarily "two" more. I assume they would function largely the same as the Ice Climbers. No one asserts that we have two Ice Climbers representatives.

Sceptile reminds me of Greninja more than Plusle and Minun remind me of Pikachu.
Ah, well. I suppose geckos and frogs aren't very different. But I still think that an electric type is closer to an electric type than a grass type is to a water type. Hey, as long as they wouldn't be too much like the Ice Climbers (which I would imagine couldn't be the case since they don't have hammers) then I'm okay with it.

Have you seen the alternate colors on the OP? They're quite good. Especially the Pikachu and Richu ones.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Ah, well. I suppose geckos and frogs aren't very different. But I still think that an electric type is closer to an electric type than a grass type is to a water type. Hey, as long as they wouldn't be too much like the Ice Climbers (which I would imagine couldn't be the case since they don't have hammers) then I'm okay with it.

Have you seen the alternate colors on the OP? They're quite good. Especially the Pikachu and Richu ones.
Yeah, I suppose Plusle and Minun are more similar to Pikachu than Sceptile is to Greninja. I was just thinking of game-play elements as opposed to the actual Pokemon.

I didn't. That Pikachu and Raichu pallet swap is really cool. That would certainly be something I would be interested in seeing.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I support Plusle and Minun over Sceptile; that is certain.
Same. Though I would love either one.

I just wish they all had a better chance. Plusle and Minun would be an instant main for me, no matter how bad they might turn out.

Morbi

Scavenger
Same. Though I would love either one.

I just wish they all had a better chance. Plusle and Minun would be an instant main for me, no matter how bad they might turn out.
Sakurai would probably purposely make them bad; similar to Pichu. However, there would probably be a way to buff them if they worked together effectively or something. Like maybe it would the opposite of the Ice Climbers, you don't want to desync them, instead you want to keep them close for a boost. I don't know.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Sakurai would probably purposely make them bad; similar to Pichu. However, there would probably be a way to buff them if they worked together effectively or something. Like maybe it would the opposite of the Ice Climbers, you don't want to desync them, instead you want to keep them close for a boost. I don't know.
Maybe, instead of working like the Ice Climbers, they could ride piggyback! The moveset from the OP would have to have a few changes (which I would be more than willing to come up with a separate piggyback moveset). So yeah, there's an idea.

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe, instead of working like the Ice Climbers, they could ride piggyback! The moveset from the OP would have to have a few changes (which I would be more than willing to come up with a separate piggyback moveset). So yeah, there's an idea.
That would be really cute, I wouldn't mind it at all. It would certainly be different enough from the other duo characters in the game.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I actively do not want them in the game. Pichu was a poor enough choice, but Plusle and Minun being added into this nonrushed fourth game would indicate a serious lapse in judgment to me. Squirtle over these two for sure, who cares if he is another water in such situation. I cannot see anything unique or iconic about Plusle and MInun, all I remember is the general disappointment associated with those characters in game. Even the first poster just had them as a generic duo, with the statement that another duo is needed, which is a false theory in itself.

If we are going to get a team simply because they are a TEAM, the Pikmin should just be their own character.

But I'd rather have chorus men.

But certainly not waste precious pokemon space.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Not asking any specific moderator /admin at the moment, but could I have ownership of this thread?

The original owner and starter hasn't been around since last June, and the thread hasn't been updated or modified at all since 2012.
:4sonic: You're too slow!

I'm the owner of this thread now.

There will be OP updates soon!

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Just dropping by to say that the OP's movelist is missing what I would have thought was an obvious trick.
Control both characters like the Ice climbers, but with them acting as mirror images almost. Then make them collide their moves for extra strength or separate them to cover more options and prevent both your characters being KOed at once (neither one would result in a full stock loss).

Just my two cents, bye.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Hi guys! I have risen from the dead! ^_^
Seeing this back makes me wonder...what ever happened to that jigglover guy? :laugh:
It honestly makes someone feel good if an old friend (lol not that old >_>) remembers you and mentions you once you leave :)

Anyway, I decided to revive myself here since out of all of my threads from way back (most are on the last few pages now :p) these are the most likely, thanks to hoenn remakes confirmed. It has to be said, the remakes must have already been being programmed for a while seeing as how the release date is already in only a few month's time, so I don't see why Plusle and Minun couldn't have been programmed into these games already. :p

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hi guys! I have risen from the dead! ^_^

It honestly makes someone feel good if an old friend (lol not that old >_>) remembers you and mentions you once you leave :)

Anyway, I decided to revive myself here since out of all of my threads from way back (most are on the last few pages now :p) these are the most likely, thanks to hoenn remakes confirmed. It has to be said, the remakes must have already been being programmed for a while seeing as how the release date is already in only a few month's time, so I don't see why Plusle and Minun couldn't have been programmed into these games already. :p
Oh, hey Jigglover.

I hope you don't mind, but I recently took over the thread for you.
I was planning on making changes to the OP this weekend.

Are you OK with that?

jigglover

Smash Lord
Oh, hey Jigglover.

I hope you don't mind, but I recently took over the thread for you.
I was planning on making changes to the OP this weekend.

Are you OK with that?
Yeah I'm fine with it :p

I would appreciate it if, for example, you create a new move set that you also leave mine in there, though. I'm glad that it's getting an overhaul though! :)

Last edited:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Stage Idea

I decided to take a quick look through Plusle + Minun's history to see if there was a game where they really played a huge part in besides the regular Ruby + Sapphire, or Colosseum + XD. Two games came up - Pokémon Ranger, and Pokémon Pinball, sapphire field. So, why can't this be the home stage for this pair of... mice?

I know that there have been many transition stages requested for this game, which is why I have two ideas. I'll hide them, so choose which one you want:

#1: Regular Transition.
You start at the bumpers (2+3), and then after some fighting a platform comes from the bottom and takes you to a variety of places on the board. These will be (corresponding to numbers on the above picture):
1) Quite a thin tube with walls on both side, and a Spoink in the middle. The only way to KO here is vertically.

25 + 26) This platform will have Shroomish who release a cloud of spores if you hit them (so if they hit you you get a Lip's flower, or occasionally you fall asleep for a second). You have 2 horizontal platforms above the Shroomish platform (a la Battlefield) which are in the design of the ones you can see at 25 in the picture there. In between them would be the sort of "i" shaped things (separating the current vertical platforms). If you send an opponent or character flying through one a Pokéball spawns onto the field.

9+ 11) The main platform is 11, with the two green platforms to the side and below them. Nothing totally noticeable though. Just a fairly basic thing. You can see the 3 Pokéballs with their lights on though, as well as the bottom of the picture at 12 and the top of the Latias.

32) The main part we're interested in - Plusle and Minun's gate. A platform appears in front of the gate, and characters fight on a basic platform there. Occasionally one of Plusle or Minun will send a spark onto the field like one of Pikachu's attacks, but in either red or lighter blue depending on which of the two Pokémon use it. A pinball also comes through the gate sometimes and bowls through the middle of the field. In the every-stage-is-Final-Destination mode, the stage will be here (in front of the Plusle and Minun statues) with the normal Final Destination platform. I've not fully decided what these platforms would look like... maybe it could be a pair of flippers attached with a platform?

#2 A bit more kinky transitions
At the beginning of the battle you start in (1) and Spoink bounces once, springing you into the air. You then land on one of the platforms mentioned above and fight there for the match. Occasionally a pinball can go through the stage and hit your platform, knocking it away. You then all land in Spoink's area again and are sprung into a different platform. This happens every 3 minutes.

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Even though 3DU's no-transform/switch policy made this moveset moot <:c>, here's one I did for Plusle and Minun back before we had footage of 3DU. I even had SSE sticker attributes just in case. Anyway without further ado:

Plusle & Minun/Minun & Plusle

Intro: Basically, the same as Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Red's intro, but with two Pokéballs.

P & M visually is like Ice Climbers due to being another 2-in-1 character, but actually plays as a transform character, like Zelda/Sheik and Red, and do not seperate, as they hold hands when running, jumping, and even getting sent flying. They also stay completely on their hind legs, save for crouching. Thier electric attacks would also be color coded (Plusle's are red, Minun's are light blue.)

The main mechanic is that they work as a duo, but the "leading" Mon is the one you control directly, switching roles with the shared move, their v B, Baton Pass. The leading Mon is identified by whichever Mon's name is first on the damage bar (hence having both P & M and M & P.) The normals has the leading Mon employ comical bickering and roughhousing, such as using the partner Mon as a bludgeon. Can wall jump.

Normals (Plusle-as-leader):

• A (combo): Plusle uses his head twice to attack, similar to Olimar, but the hold/tap attack has Plusle grab Minun by the feet and spin him around, hitting from both sides, but kinda weak. [Head]x2, then [Body, Spin]

• <>A: Plusle swings his tail forward, like Pichu. [Electric]

• ^A: Plusle shoots a little spark upwards. [Electric]

• vA: Both Mons slide forward, enemies go backwards instead of up, like G&W's manhole. [Body]

• Dash A: Plusle quickly bring Minun in front of him and shoves him forward. [Body]

• Smash <>: Plusle swings Minun like a bat. [Body] [Electric]

• Smash ^: Plusle uses Pichu's side Smash, but upward. [Electric] x8

• Smash v: Plusle takes Minun by the feet and slams him down, good strength but doesn't cover both sides. [Body]

• airA: Pikachu's Air A, but hits twice. [Spin] x2

• airfrontA: Plusle shoots a blast of sparks. [Electric]

• airbackA: Both Mons back flip to attack. [Leg]

• air^A: Same as Olimar, replacing him with Plusle and the Pikmin with Minun. [Electric] [Spin]

• airvA: Plusle takes Minun by the feet and swings downward. Meteor Smash. [Body]

Specials (Plusle-as-leader)

• B-<Thunder Wave>: Plusle shoots a shock around him, no damage, but paralyzes for a good while.

• <>B-<Volt Tackle>: The Mons charge in the chosen direction covered in electrical energy for multiple hits. [Electric] x5

• ^B-<Quick Attack>: Each jump is shorter than Pikachu's, but they can jump 3 times, no damage.

• vB <Baton Pass>: Plusle switches leadership to Minun, and starts charging for Discharge. Ground only.

Normals (Minun-as-leader)

• A: Minun shoots little shocks, functionally similar to G&W's Bug Spray. [Electric]

• <>A: Minun swings Plusle like a golf club, sends enemies upward. [Body]

• ^A: Minun holds Plusle up on his head and they both spin for damage. [Spin] x7

• vA: Minun sweeps in front of him using Plusle. [Body]

• dashA: Minun charges forward, head first. [Head]

• airA: Minun takes Plusle by the feet and spins him around. [Body] [Spin]

• airfrontA: Minun takes Plusle and swats in front of him. [Body]

• airbackA: The Mons grab each others arms and spins to attack with their legs several times. [Leg] x4

• air^A: The Mons spin with heads up, to attack. [Head] x6

• airvA: Minun pulls Plusle under him and they shoot straight down. [Body]

• Smash <>: Minun uses Pikachu's side Smash. Pressing A again has Plusle doing it, increasing damage and knockback. [Electric] x2

• Smash ^: Minun chucks Plusle upward. [Head]

• Smash v: Minun takes Plusle by the feet and sweep the ground with him. Covers both sides. [Body]

Specials (Minun-as-leader):

• B-<Discharge>: Like Wario, this move auto-charges over time, and full charge is represented by Minun flashing light blue. Minun unleashes a blast of electricity all around him that he has been building up. Charging increases the range and power, full charge being simply devastating. Minun saves charge when Plusle is leading, but only continues charging when he himself is leading. Full charge time is 1 min, 30 sec. [Electric]

• <>B-<Thunder Fang>: Minun bites the enemy, with a small chance of paralyzing. [Electric]

• ^B-<Quick Attack>: They only jump once, but it has better range than any other single Quick Attack jump and does higher damage than both of Pikachu's jumps. [Electric]

• vB-<Baton Pass>: Minun switches leadership to Plusle, and stops the charging for Discharge. Ground only.

• Plusle & Minun/Minun & Plusle's Final Smash-<Plus-Minus Bomb>: The Mons grab each other and begin very fast spinning, until they turn into a half-red, half-light blue version of Pikachu's Volt Tackle sphere, spining faster. During this, fighters are being slowly pushed towards the Mons. Finally, the ball explodes in a huge fashion, dealing great damage and sends flying anyone caught in the explosion. The best way to avoid Plus-Minus Bomb is to just run away, as the dragging is no where near strong enough to keep from doing so (unless affected by a Timer.)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
A Plusle and Minun tag team is an idea I didn't mind, but now it has recently grown on me.

There's a few 3rd gen Pokemon I really like (that can work for Smash), and Plusle and Minun are some of them. These guys appeared as a trophy in Brawl, and I'm hoping we'll see them again somehow.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, excuse me for asking, but I heard a rumor that there will be a Mega Plusle and Mega Minun. Is that true? Because if it is, then I support these even more than I did before!

jigglover

Smash Lord
Hey guys, excuse me for asking, but I heard a rumor that there will be a Mega Plusle and Mega Minun. Is that true? Because if it is, then I support these even more than I did before!
Oh yeah, that's true. Basically Game Freak put out trademarks for a bunch of Pokémon called "Mega-x". Plusle and Minun were two of such Pokémon, and of them all, only the aforementioned duo, Jynx, Kecleon and Rayqyaza. The latter 2 are from Generation 3, the gen getting remakes, and the latest announcement confirmed that more megas for these games will be made. Plus there were those leaks during X and Y which had leaked art for Mega-Jynx, which while there were several Pokémon which had that, those leaks IMO were the most believable. So maybe they scrapped Jynx, but there others which are Gen 3 will get them this time? :O

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
here's a moveset I thought of

normal attacks:
A-nuzzle: minun does a little headbutt that that paralyzes anyone hit
AA-slap: plusle does a quick slap
AAA-double slap: plusle follows up with a backhanded slap
Ftilt-no name: plusle and minun each release a quick jolt of electricity (hitbox similar to lucario's Ftilt)
Utilt-thundershock: plusle and minun do a high-five, making a large spark of electicity
Dtilt-no name: plusle lays down while minun spins him around and charges him with electricity

air attacks:
Nair-rapid spin (I don't care that they don't learn it): they hold hands and spin around like a wheel
Fair/Bair-swift: plusle and minun each shoot a little star that goes about the length of battlefield
Uair-fakeout: minun does a quick clap upwards followed by plusle
Dair-thunderbolt: plusle and minun launch a small thunderbolt downwards
Zair-no name: plusle uses minun as a tether (doesn't do damage)

smashes:
Usmash-discharge: minun jumps and releases electricity that stuns the opponent, followed by plusle who's electricity sends the opponent awy with strong knock back
Fsmash-thunder wave: minun releases a wave of electricity a short distance, stunning anyone it hits
Fsmash2-wild charge: (activated by pressing the attack button after using a forward smash) plusle charges forward, dealing high damage and above average knockback
Dsmash-spark: plusle and minun get back to back and stretch out their electrified hands, dealing multiple hits with a strong finisher

specials:
B-electro ball: minun charges a ball of electricity which plusle throws forward
^B-magnet rise: a sphere of electromagnetic energy surrounds plusle and minun, giving vertical movement similar to snake's ^B
>B-volt switch: plusle and minun take turns shooting out electicity, and hopping behind the other
vB-helping hand: plusle and minun hi-five and gain a temporary power boost

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
...Why haven't I posted my moveset for these two here yet?
[collapse="Plusle & Minun moveset I made a few years ago"]
(Click Image to play music!)
Debut: Pokémon: Ruby and Sapphire (2002)
Latest Appearance: Pokémon: Black 2 and White 2 (2012) [Well, now it's Pokémon: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (2014)]
Plusle and Minun are Cheering Pokémon, a species specific to these two only. Hence the species name, these Pokémon usually cheer on another Pokémon in battle. However this time, they will cheer each other on in this Brawl. Despite appearing similar to Pikachu, these two know how to assist teammates more than their popular cousin.

Playstyle
Plusle and Minun work somewhat like the Ice Climbers. "What do you mean by somewhat?" One may ask, by somewhat I mean that yes, the two are on the battlefield together and yes, one follows the other. However, both are not in complete control of the player. Depending on the color swap you use, you will either play as Plusle or Minun. Assuming you play as Plusle, Minun will cheer you on in the background. The main difference from the Ice Climbers is that Minun won't initially be attacking others, despite still being able to be KO'd by opponents. Minun does help a lot though, it assists the Plusle by helping during specific attacks. This can be explained by more within the moveset provided below.

Moveset
Standard Special: Helping Hand - This is where Plusle and Minun's main gimmick plays, Minun will begin to dance behind Plusle, allowing Plulse to be aware that Minun is ready to help out, for the next five attacks, Minun will also attack with Plusle. This doubles in knockback and power for those attacks, allowing the duo to suddenly become a power house. This sometimes changes the attack itself, this would probably best fit when it comes to Smashes and several other standard attacks. While this is activated, sparks will appear on Minun and Plusle's cheeks. This move can only be used if Minun is still alive, if activated while Minun is KO'd Plusle look at both sides appear to cry. To prevent spamming of this move, it can be used again 5 seconds after the fifth attack is used up.

Side Special: Electro Ball - Plusle's tail begins to spark, then a small ball of electricity appears at the end of it, the longer you charge, the bigger it becomes. You can roll and save the charge, like Lucario with Aura Sphere. However, if used again you will not be able resume charging and will fire it automatically. On ground, this projectile can be aimed using the control stick in any direction. While in the air, it can be aimed only forward, diagonally downward, or diagonally upward. This move cannot be charged in air.
-With Minun- If Minun has used Helping Hand, both of them will connect their tails and and charge the move together, the projectile will always be twice as large as normal, but it cannot be saved. It's aiming system works similar to the normal one.
If Plusle is eaten by Kirby, he will actually copy this move, rather than Helping Hand (Similar to Olimar)

Up Special: Baton Pass - Minun jumps up off of Plusle and uses Baton Pass, switching the position of the two. Plusle then charges itself to draw Minun near, (since they generate opposite electric frequences).
-Without Minun- Plusle will try to use Baton Pass, but of course it will fail. With little to no vertical recovery, much like the Ice Climbers.

Down Special: Thunder Wave - Plusle charges electricity, when suddenly Plusle is surrounded by yellow waves that paralyze foes on contact. This move can be used for 6 seconds straight, before Plusle gets tired and gasps for air. (Due to exhaustion).
-With Minun- The range is increased by half of it's normal range and the time limit is increased to 10 seconds.

Final Smash: Discharge - Plusle and Minun both charge all of their energy... and release it to create one large orb of electricity! It it's large enough to cover Final Destination. The electric discharge stuns opponents and hurts them at the same time. The closer to the duo, the more damage that will be received. It should last for about half the time of Pikachu's Volt Tackle.
-Without Minun- If Minun has been KO'd the move will be done by Plusle alone, this cuts the range in the move by half. BUT, Plusle will be a bit more mobile: Moves faster then Duo variation, Can Jump one time.[/collapse]

I don't believe they were planned for Brawl, but I'm all for newcomers that can bring something new to the table.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
...Why haven't I posted my moveset for these two here yet?
[collapse="Plusle & Minun moveset I made a few years ago"]
(Click Image to play music!)
Debut: Pokémon: Ruby and Sapphire (2002)
Latest Appearance: Pokémon: Black 2 and White 2 (2012) [Well, now it's Pokémon: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (2014)]
Plusle and Minun are Cheering Pokémon, a species specific to these two only. Hence the species name, these Pokémon usually cheer on another Pokémon in battle. However this time, they will cheer each other on in this Brawl. Despite appearing similar to Pikachu, these two know how to assist teammates more than their popular cousin.

Playstyle
Plusle and Minun work somewhat like the Ice Climbers. "What do you mean by somewhat?" One may ask, by somewhat I mean that yes, the two are on the battlefield together and yes, one follows the other. However, both are not in complete control of the player. Depending on the color swap you use, you will either play as Plusle or Minun. Assuming you play as Plusle, Minun will cheer you on in the background. The main difference from the Ice Climbers is that Minun won't initially be attacking others, despite still being able to be KO'd by opponents. Minun does help a lot though, it assists the Plusle by helping during specific attacks. This can be explained by more within the moveset provided below.

Moveset
Standard Special: Helping Hand - This is where Plusle and Minun's main gimmick plays, Minun will begin to dance behind Plusle, allowing Plulse to be aware that Minun is ready to help out, for the next five attacks, Minun will also attack with Plusle. This doubles in knockback and power for those attacks, allowing the duo to suddenly become a power house. This sometimes changes the attack itself, this would probably best fit when it comes to Smashes and several other standard attacks. While this is activated, sparks will appear on Minun and Plusle's cheeks. This move can only be used if Minun is still alive, if activated while Minun is KO'd Plusle look at both sides appear to cry. To prevent spamming of this move, it can be used again 5 seconds after the fifth attack is used up.

Side Special: Electro Ball - Plusle's tail begins to spark, then a small ball of electricity appears at the end of it, the longer you charge, the bigger it becomes. You can roll and save the charge, like Lucario with Aura Sphere. However, if used again you will not be able resume charging and will fire it automatically. On ground, this projectile can be aimed using the control stick in any direction. While in the air, it can be aimed only forward, diagonally downward, or diagonally upward. This move cannot be charged in air.
-With Minun- If Minun has used Helping Hand, both of them will connect their tails and and charge the move together, the projectile will always be twice as large as normal, but it cannot be saved. It's aiming system works similar to the normal one.
If Plusle is eaten by Kirby, he will actually copy this move, rather than Helping Hand (Similar to Olimar)

Up Special: Baton Pass - Minun jumps up off of Plusle and uses Baton Pass, switching the position of the two. Plusle then charges itself to draw Minun near, (since they generate opposite electric frequences).
-Without Minun- Plusle will try to use Baton Pass, but of course it will fail. With little to no vertical recovery, much like the Ice Climbers.

Down Special: Thunder Wave - Plusle charges electricity, when suddenly Plusle is surrounded by yellow waves that paralyze foes on contact. This move can be used for 6 seconds straight, before Plusle gets tired and gasps for air. (Due to exhaustion).
-With Minun- The range is increased by half of it's normal range and the time limit is increased to 10 seconds.

Final Smash: Discharge - Plusle and Minun both charge all of their energy... and release it to create one large orb of electricity! It it's large enough to cover Final Destination. The electric discharge stuns opponents and hurts them at the same time. The closer to the duo, the more damage that will be received. It should last for about half the time of Pikachu's Volt Tackle.
-Without Minun- If Minun has been KO'd the move will be done by Plusle alone, this cuts the range in the move by half. BUT, Plusle will be a bit more mobile: Moves faster then Duo variation, Can Jump one time.[/collapse]

I don't believe they were planned for Brawl, but I'm all for newcomers that can bring something new to the table.
This moveset is really good! I don't suppose this means you can only play as Plusle though? and BTW, I'm one of those people who think they were planned for SSBB, but I don't want to start a war between us, so I'll just say it's in my opinion. and also, do you think they would be DLC for the game? or actually in the game as unlockable?

jigglover

Smash Lord
lol I have no shame in saying that I much prefer that moveset over mine lol.

I think that the Helping Hand idea is really cool. It's probably more unique than what my gimmick was, and I could really see Sakurai going down that route as opposed to what is essentially another character a la Shiek with less lag. Especially since he's sort of cutting that type of in-battle character swapping. I don't think anyone can really say that playing as those two would be SO fun!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
This moveset is really good! I don't suppose this means you can only play as Plusle though? and BTW, I'm one of those people who think they were planned for SSBB, but I don't want to start a war between us, so I'll just say it's in my opinion. and also, do you think they would be DLC for the game? or actually in the game as unlockable?
Switching color palettes will allow you to switch to Minun ala Ice Climbers.

Doubt them being DLC, if Mewtwo isn't in the main game I'm pretty confident he/she would be chosen before these two. After that it would be a close call...
I heavily doubt they'll be playable otherwise.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I don't think there will be any unlockables this time, but rather have the DLC essentially be unlockables. However, if there is on-disk unlockables I believe that Plusle and Minun would still be DLC. THINK ABOUT THE CUTE AMIIBO! Think about it... Sakurai created Greninja entirely from experimental art and theory work. ORAS was presumably created a long time after Greninja's first concept artwork, so Sakurai would have to put the Gen 3 rep in as DLC as opposed to on-disk because otherwise he just wouldn't have time!

Edit: Also, I hate to do this, but @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof still hasn't done the revamp to this thread that he promised us all. I would at the earliest opportunity, though, so if any mods see this, do you think you could give the ownership of this thread back to me? :/

If that's OK with Mega Bidoof, of course.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I don't think there will be any unlockables this time, but rather have the DLC essentially be unlockables. However, if there is on-disk unlockables I believe that Plusle and Minun would still be DLC. THINK ABOUT THE CUTE AMIIBO! Think about it... Sakurai created Greninja entirely from experimental art and theory work. ORAS was presumably created a long time after Greninja's first concept artwork, so Sakurai would have to put the Gen 3 rep in as DLC as opposed to on-disk because otherwise he just wouldn't have time!

Edit: Also, I hate to do this, but @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof still hasn't done the revamp to this thread that he promised us all. I would at the earliest opportunity, though, so if any mods see this, do you think you could give the ownership of this thread back to me? :/

Well, I'm not sure....It would be really (and I mean REAAAAALLLLLY) weird to not see unlockables in Smash 4 and even if there would be DLC (which I do hope there is) I wouldn't think Sakurai would pull something on us like that to pay for unlockables. Also, I agree that the OP looks unusually unorganized and I hope we get SOMEONE to revamp this thread and soon. Plusle and Minun deserve an organized OP.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well, I'm not sure....It would be really (and I mean REAAAAALLLLLY) weird to not see unlockables in Smash 4 and even if there would be DLC (which I do hope there is) I wouldn't think Sakurai would pull something on us like that to pay for unlockables. Also, I agree that the OP looks unusually unorganized and I hope we get SOMEONE to revamp this thread and soon. Plusle and Minun deserve an organized OP.
Free DLC of course. Except for some special cases maybe.

Also I originally made and owned this thread, but it was when I was very new lol. It was my first thread on any forum, so that's why it's so unorganized! During my long hiatus from the site, Mega Bidoof took lead of the thread wanting to revamp it, but it didn't happen! D:

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
here's a moveset I thought of

normal attacks:
A-nuzzle: minun does a little headbutt that that paralyzes anyone hit
AA-slap: plusle does a quick slap
AAA-double slap: plusle follows up with a backhanded slap
Ftilt-no name: plusle and minun each release a quick jolt of electricity (hitbox similar to lucario's Ftilt)
Utilt-thundershock: plusle and minun do a high-five, making a large spark of electicity
Dtilt-no name: plusle lays down while minun spins him around and charges him with electricity

air attacks:
Nair-rapid spin (I don't care that they don't learn it): they hold hands and spin around like a wheel
Fair/Bair-swift: plusle and minun each shoot a little star that goes about the length of battlefield
Uair-fakeout: minun does a quick clap upwards followed by plusle
Dair-thunderbolt: plusle and minun launch a small thunderbolt downwards
Zair-no name: plusle uses minun as a tether (doesn't do damage)

smashes:
Usmash-discharge: minun jumps and releases electricity that stuns the opponent, followed by plusle who's electricity sends the opponent awy with strong knock back
Fsmash-thunder wave: minun releases a wave of electricity a short distance, stunning anyone it hits
Fsmash2-wild charge: (activated by pressing the attack button after using a forward smash) plusle charges forward, dealing high damage and above average knockback
Dsmash-spark: plusle and minun get back to back and stretch out their electrified hands, dealing multiple hits with a strong finisher

specials:
B-electro ball: minun charges a ball of electricity which plusle throws forward
^B-magnet rise: a sphere of electromagnetic energy surrounds plusle and minun, giving vertical movement similar to snake's ^B
>B-volt switch: plusle and minun take turns shooting out electicity, and hopping behind the other
vB-helping hand: plusle and minun hi-five and gain a temporary power boost
just added smash attacks and changed up the specials a little bit

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Holy hotness...sup P&M thread!:shades: Was visiting other pkmn Sm4sh support threads skimming & reading some posts, I'm astounded with the potential tag team mechanic with charge / baton passing etc.. If I was forced to make a move-set for Plusle&Minum right now. . .I would choke:(. I almost wanna ask to be on the support group list because this is a great idea imo. If not for the roster I'd definitely consider them to be a Pkmn bundle DLC for sure!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey everyone, So I was bored and felt like watching 'Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys' and it really made me feel hype for Plusle and Minun to be in SSB4 even more. (They're just so cute and adorable in that movie!:love:) BTW, Is anyone going to update the OP? Because if they're not, then I'd like to try my hand at it.:)

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I don't know how I'd feel about this. Clearly I'd rather have Ivysaur back than any other Pokemon representative, and I definitely support Sceptile more than Plusle & Minun... but I'd rather have them than Jigglypuff or Mewtwo

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Super sorry about this.
I've been really busy lately, and now I'm on vacation, 2000 miles away from my computer.

THIS THREAD WILL HAVE AN OP OVERHAUL SUNDAY!!!
THIS IS SWEAR!!!

EDIT: Also, I'll talk about DLC in the OP. I think they have decent chances there, after Ivysaur and Squirtle that is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom