• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
edit: derp. k then.

anyway, i'm working on getting the road to behave on big blue. after that i think i'll increase the top boundary some and work on fixing the problem with people spawning in the flyer >_<

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I would use HxD but you can use any hex editor. A few days ago I looked at a FitCharacter.pac in PSA and HxD and figured out how events and their parameters are organized. So if it's done the same way with stages I might be able to ... do stuff.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
oh cool. it never occurred to me that those events in PSA were hex. if you can figure that stuff out then we could remove the annoying parts of SP (reverse camera, low gravity) and keep the lasers. oooh, making PS2 never change. that way it could be unfrozen but stay at the first part! mmm... working tv screen....

thats assuming it even works that way. something to look into.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
kk, downloading and testing, i got stuck later with other chars too, but Mario was much more noticeable.
Edit: Now we are talkin. NPC+ is officially done once you reverse it. Very very VERY good job on it guys

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
k. it should work fine.

BB+ is a lot better now. no more wall of road. when you go over the ramps the road comes close to the flyer, but as long as you don't A) get knocked into it, B) grab the ledge or C) run off the right side of the stage, you should be fine. when i get back from programing class i'll look at increasing the top boundary (you still get ridiculously close when you go off the ramps) and moving the re-spawn points up more (spawning inside the flyer can result in accidental deaths, which aren't fun :( ). i feel confident that this version will be close to late alpha, if not completed. *crosses fingers*

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I thought someone was saying they knew how to change hitboxes. Was it Dant? We were talking about the Chimera and he said there were two hitboxes dealing 100 each...

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
:/
amk, you probably could have gotten in if you had applied
but dont worry, im not gonna leave yall

and npc+ will be in the op shortly, its already in the gold file
(so we're clear, the latest pac is there)
It was just AMK, myself, and FroHo? Yes? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
My opinion on both is YOU HAD BETTER USE A NEW STAGE SLOT FOR THAT **** IF THIS EVER GETS INTO BRAWL+.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I would go with change as little as possible. It gives more of the feeling of the fighting area being the "entrance" to the floating temple. If everything is gone, it'll just seem like another random floating platform.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
It certainly will look good(Temple looks good), but i think it will look kinda confusing PC, I need to see how it looks with the stuff just moved away, if it doesn't look like you can step on it, then i'll take the "keep the background" option

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Keep it close to the original please? I'd like the Temple to actually stay a "Temple". >_>'

DaFees

Smash Rookie
Ok, newcomer to the forums, but I do have some opinions, :). First I love what has been done with LM+, PTAD+, Summit+, and NPC+ (Especially). I think these are steps in the right direction, and I am absolutely in love with the proposed design for SMI+ (found a few pages back). I do want to say something about Hyrule Temple+

I agree with the notions that the temple should keep it's look as a temple, but I have one small question. In the change little as possible pic there is that platform labeled as extended. Is this the platform that you cannot fall down through (but can come up through from the bottom) or is it the platform above? I only ask because if you can't fall through the top platform but can come up from underneath the bottom platform, wouldn't this create unfair CPs for Kirby or Jiggly, etc. Think either of those characters could score a knockoff and then camp between the platforms until time runs out.

If I am way off basis on all of this forgive me, :), but I will still say I am in awe of this work being done. I look forward to the rest of the + stages. On that note, is this project's intention to make + stages out of every stage (like a FD+ or battlefield+) or just stages that need it or are banned?, :)

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
first off, welcome to the boards

the lower platform will be removed in some way...there wont be any ground to stand on there

and my personal philosophy is that we only really want to touch stages that are banned or borderline, but to say that they are our highest priority dosnt mean that they are our only priority...we dont necessarily want to touch the neutrals or cps, but nothings stopping somebody from going and doing something.

DaFees

Smash Rookie
Makes sense to me, and without going off topic or starting a flame war, could one really make an FD+?

One other thing, where can I get info on what makes a particular stage banned or otherwise. I mean I have a few ideas for changes that could be made to a stage, but I don't want to go throwing around ideas for a stage that really is ok. I mean yes I know some stages it is obvious what the issues are, but still a reference would be nice, :)

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Yeah, welcome. What we're voting on here is just graphical. The playable area is the same regardless and in either case I'm going to make an impassible ceiling and extend the lower platform across so that the aesthetics match the collisions. This will prevent the circle camping you described.

D

Deleted member

:/
amk, you probably could have gotten in if you had applied
but dont worry, im not gonna leave yall

and npc+ will be in the op shortly, its already in the gold file
(so we're clear, the latest pac is there)
It was just AMK, myself, and FroHo? Yes? Speak now or forever hold your peace.
Well, I came up with the general idea to use the right side of NPC+ to the best of my knowledge.
Not trying to be greedy or anything though.

And I think the scrapping of the rest of temple is great. The existing area to fight in is awesome and the rest of temple is not. Temple would make a great 2v2 stage also. Competitive > ******* around in cave of life.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also tested a few of those stages too.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I vote Killing it. Now. Before it gets back up.
I can't tell if you're just kidding or you actually just don't want this stage.

My opinion on both is YOU HAD BETTER USE A NEW STAGE SLOT FOR THAT **** IF THIS EVER GETS INTO BRAWL+.
Or use a new stage slot for the one that's currently occupying its space?

It certainly will look good(Temple looks good), but i think it will look kinda confusing PC, I need to see how it looks with the stuff just moved away, if it doesn't look like you can step on it, then i'll take the "keep the background" option
I'm definitely not doing both just so people can decide between the two. It's a lot of work.

That's 4 for kill, 2 for keep so far? I've been thinking about it. It is far easier [atm, for me] to remove the polygons than to move the vertices. In the future you may see a version that keeps it closer to the original but for now I'm just going to cut off its most of it.

Well, I came up with the general idea to use the right side of NPC+ to the best of my knowledge.

And I think the scrapping of the rest of temple is great. The existing area to fight in is awesome and the rest of temple is not. Temple would make a great 2v2 stage also. Competitive > ******* around in cave of life.

Yes, your diagram is what I based NPC on. Credit the man.
Just to clarify, you can only interact with the top left portion of the stage in either case. What I'm doing is graphical.

Wait, it would be easier to remove the lower little platform than to extend it... yeah. Why didn't I think of that earlier. Derp? There it schwaz.

Wait wait again. How long can you wall hang? If I just remove that platform (instead of making it a ceiling), lucario might be able to get in there and stick to a wall... and stall. Trying to think of other problem characters. Luigi could probably walljump for awhile.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

*jerking motion*

anyway, i think BB+ is just about ready. for its next release.

Distant Planet works really well, but Falco400 had an interesting idea that i want to try.

Green Hill Zone is... stubborn... but i refuse to give up!

BoE is coming along. i need to work out some boundary stuff. its still has walk-offs, but if enough people complain then i'll give it a ledge.

I have a pac from someone converting corneria to Venom from melee! its still very buggy, but it at least looks promising.

YI:M still will not resize. i'm not done working with it, though.

Have codes for Pirate Ship that actually seem to make it a good CP... only some problems have been coming up that make the stage even more broken... yeaaaaah.....

We've also been throwing around the idea of removing the lava wave (background) and the capsule from Norfair. this would probably be accomplished through code.

finally, AMK, if you have a pac of the summit with the hole patched, i'd really appreciate it.

i think that about covers my progress so far...

in addition i know we're planning on working with Mario Bros and SMI, though i believe Maestro has at least SMI under control. we may also look at 75m, but i think hexing the platforms into a better layout would be better than neko's idea. as for FZ2... i still haven;t looked at it so i'm not sure what can be done with it.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
75m is that...atari looking thing right? The camera in there is awful!, please move this aside and finish DP(this stage is cool), Grenn greens or other stage without awful cameras(I know you can fix them but it's just easier to deal with the stages I mentioned) and i dunno about BoE...unless you find a way to remove walkoffs, it won't work. From what i understood on the pic of BoE, you are planning to give the left side an edge and leave the right side as a walkoff that breaks every now and then? If it is like this, it could and probably will work :)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the stage's camera isn't an issue. that shouldn't be a reason to just ignore a stage.

as for BoE, i am getting the feeling that the general consensus is to make the left side have a ledge, i just need a way to make it noticeable (maybe shrink the stage on the x axis and put the ledge on the arch at the end.

you just pm'd me the pic, not the link.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah, welcome. What we're voting on here is just graphical. The playable area is the same regardless and in either case I'm going to make an impassible ceiling and extend the lower platform across so that the aesthetics match the collisions. This will prevent the circle camping you described.
I've also already got the Collision set up for that - With top platform being regular ground that you can't fall through, and the bottom being a ceiling. Yay Brawlbox + Brawlwall!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
<333 fixed summit. i'm replacing that DL in my OP. so much better.

BB+ is soooo good. i need to increase the top camera, but otherwise it plays perfectly... except that i'm getting that ****ing texture corruption on the flyer again! I DIDN'T EVEN EDIT THE FLYER! WTF!

gerrr... i'll have a pre-texture fix pac up tonight... ****in' flacon flyer!

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Well there's only one FoD, it holds a special place in my heart since it is the stage where I had the most epic battles in melee, not to mention it looks INCREDIBLE. WTB melee2brawl stuff injector :(
EDIT: Ima take a look at that FoD though(if I can find it), maybe we can use it too.
Also, I have a question Maestro, if we use the SSS that you fixed(the one that has extra spots), do the stage come out without music? That would be an issue since I think we all love some epic metal songs as BGM.

Top Bottom