• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Empire Official Thread (Tri-state)

chansen

Smash Lord
there is actually going to be a cosplay type dealy going on while our thing is going.
ill have a google map and other stuff up soon, i just moved into a new apartment and my days have been pretty hectic. But, alas, I have internet now!

expect a good update in the near future...

Zicore

Smash Champion
I enjoy in the first post how you call THEM nerds and not us =P

But I might be able to make it there. I will be in chicago, so its still up in the air.

chansen

Smash Lord
Sure Devy, as long as you bring another melee setup.

I am lazy and it is late, and im a lil scorched from my strenuous day.

Did i mention that assback gets in for free?
And there is going to be a jambox.
and other video games...too.

please bring tvs, thats the main issue.
Im sure there will be enough setups.
Well, enough melee setups at least.

put my balls in your mouth.

chansen

Smash Lord
Guess what.

I got an update.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....075283,-89.394293&spn=0.016489,0.027637&z=15

http://www.google.com/search?client...1+university+ave+madison+WI&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
If you want you can type a start address in this one and get directions.

The tourney is going to be in vilas hall. Room #4020.

The cosplay competition has also been confirmed.

Also, I'm funna steal some of JS' smexy work, but with a few revisions.

Brawl Rules
Items: Off
3 stock, 6-minute timer
Best out of 3, with winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals best out of 5
Advanced Slob Picks (after each game of a set):
1) Loser picks stage or can randomly select a stage
2) Winner picks character
3) Loser picks character
Note:-Zelda, Samus, and Pokemon Trainer players are allowed to decide which character they will be playing/starting as after their opponent chooses their character.
Double-blind picks may be called at any time.
Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not counterpick a level upon which you have won a game of the set.
Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent. If one presses pause without following this rule, they lose one stock.
Teflon style stage knock-outs: Each person knocks out two stages for the entire match (i.e., the entire best 2-out-of-3 or best 3-out-of-5). These stages must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen. Double blind stage bans may be called, or if you ban first you can have your opponent ban before you ban again. Only one ban may be used on a neutral stage per player.
Team Attack: On
Life-Stealing: Allowed
Legal Stages:
1. Random (4): FD, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's Island
2. Counterpick: Brinstar, Castle Siege, Green Greens, Green Hill Zone, Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise, Norfair, Stadium 2, Frigate Orpheon, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Circuit, Pirate Ship, Pictochat, Halberd, Hannebow, Distant Planet, Lylat Cruise, Delfino Plaza, Stadium 1

and

I was thinking of holding a Golden Coin Challenge Round before the melee tournament.

It goes as such:
I hand out four golden coins, randomly. After that we will decide whether the challenge will be held with Brawl or Melee, when that decision is made, it's final and the whole challenge will be carried out as such. Then when I say go people who want the coins may challenge people to a match for the coin. Similar to the money match, the coin goes to the winner.
Here are the rules.
1. Coin Holders may not sit on their coin, they must play a challenge if only challenged by one person.
2. The coin goes on top of the Wii until the match is over, only the winner can pick it up.
3. Challengers must wait 5 minutes before re-challenging a coin holder.
4. No imitation coins may be used.
5. If receiving multiple challenges, the coin holder may choose who they battle next. They may also choose to override the re-match rule (#3).
6. Coin Holders pick the stage but also must pick their character first. (If zelda, samus, or PT: they may choose to counterpick who they start as after the challenger picks their character)
7. No money is at stake (sort of), the matches will only be played for pride and the coin.
8. Coin holders may give away their coin if they so desire.

After a period of about 30-45 minutes, I will announce the the challenge round is over after the last match is completed. I will then place the final coin holders in a bracket, random placement and single elimination. Every match someone will lose a coin. At the end, the person with all the coins gets to face the secret coin holder. Now the secret coin holder is special. He automatically gets to the final round. Sounds lame, but alas thats how it will go. At the beginning of the day i will discretely hand out the secret coin/ hide it somewhere to be found by a lucky smasher (You'll know it's the secret coin because it will be the only one with a star on it!). If the coin is found or received I will then give the secret coin holder his insructions. But if the secret coin holder becomes public knowledge then he is forced to become a regular coin holder and will not be allowed the buy for the first round of the final coin tourney. That is only if he is discovered. If he can keep his cool, he has the chance to play the winner of the tournament and win all five golden coins.

And that winner gets their lunch purchased by chansen.

Bring your ipod too.

crew battles?

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
guy-nun picture
That reminds me of a joke I heard...

A hippie walked on to a bus, and saw a nun that he wanted to ***. After she got off the bus, he said "dmn, I'd give anything to bone her". The bus driver said "I know how you can do that". The hippie asked how. The bus driver said "well, every Tuesday she goes to the cemetary to pray. If you disguise yourself as Jesus, you could convince her to have sex with you." The hippie decided to give it a shot.

The next Tuesday, he disguised himself as Jesus, went to the cemetary, and found the nun praying. He approached her and said "I am Jesus, as your lord, I command you to have sex with me!" The nun replied "ok Jesus, but is it ok if I take it in the as because I don't want to lose my virginity." The hippie aggreed, and they hit it off. After it was all said and done, the hippie revealed himself and shouted "Ha! I'm the hippie from the bus!" The nun pulled off her mask and shouted "Ha, I'm the bus driver!"

chansen

Smash Lord
for a second i was pissed that you had a non update related post, then i realized that joke is hilarious.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
for a second i was pissed that you had a non update related post, then i realized that joke is hilarious.
Go ahead, be mad at me. At the time I assumed it was the last post in the thread, I didn't even see the second page... lol. Too bad that joke is all I can really do, as I'll be soaking up sun in arizona at that time. :p

Zicore

Smash Champion
I believe me and cosmo will be comin up from Chicago and staying with Wicky and coming to this. Get ready to lose.

chansen

Smash Lord
bring something fun.

and i think we all knew that id plan a pool trip.

so bring some swimmin trunks ya'll!

chansen

Smash Lord
its kinda funny, because the last tournament that we were all at... we all had our shirts off.

That falcon knee competition got dominated by zicore's flying taunt style.

Zicore

Smash Champion
quaz was looking for them.

And if there is a pool, I am doing that taunt again.

chansen

Smash Lord
shameless...

i just saw the dark knight...yeah.

i have a little more respect for the internet joker craze.

edit: also, i got an offer to be an abercrombie model today... talk about boost of confidence.
but a lady also told me i look like michael phelps too. i guess ya win some, ya lose some.

Zicore

Smash Champion
shameless...

i just saw the dark knight...yeah.

i have a little more respect for the internet joker craze.

edit: also, i got an offer to be an abercrombie model today... talk about boost of confidence.
but a lady also told me i look like michael phelps too. i guess ya win some, ya lose some.
last time I checked, he received many marriage proposals, and has one of best built bodies in the world. Not to mention he has what...14 gold medals? Thats not bad.

But in tourney news, would there be anyone willing to house myself and cosmo that friday night? I would like to come up and visit a few people, so I wouldn't be there the entire time, but we would both be there that friday night.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
Zicore, I'm downloading all 9 seasons of X-Files...could I come stay at Wicky's and get a ride?
idk. I am coming up from Chicago, along with cosmo. I think spikes is coming, and we might be splitting for a hotel near there. I asked for housing before, but I will ask again.

CAN ANYONE HOUSE ME AND COSMO FOR 1 or 2 NIGHTS FOR THIS? WE WOULD COME UP FRIDAY, AND POSSIBLY LEAVE EARLY SUNDAY/LATE SATURDAY!

And devy, you owe me $10.

Zicore

Smash Champion
idk. I am coming up from Chicago, along with cosmo. I think spikes is coming, and we might be splitting for a hotel near there. I asked for housing before, but I will ask again.

CAN ANYONE HOUSE ME AND COSMO FOR 1 or 2 NIGHTS FOR THIS? WE WOULD COME UP FRIDAY, AND POSSIBLY LEAVE EARLY SUNDAY/LATE SATURDAY!

And devy, you owe me $10.
That was me, btw.

Ethan.

Smash Ace
lol, you might be able to stay at my house, but i'm like an hour north of madison. I'd also need a ride.

Xtra

Smash Ace
too good you guys...too good. but yeah hey chansen any idea on when the melee might start? plus my ride said he "fell for that once before" about there being melee at a brawl tourny. fo sho goin down or what?

chansen

Smash Lord
never fear, the melee tournament is a real thing.

the melee tournament is going to be last and if my memory serves me it'll start round 5 or 6.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I can most likely house people that weekend. Let me know if anyone wants to stay.

I live in Madison about 15 min from the venue.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
the forums are really inactive and probably not a good way to gauge interest. NoBrand has like 50 active forum members but the last con had over 1,000 in attendance.

Wafles

Smash Lord
I will very likely be driving from Appleton, and I probably have room to take a few down to Madison for this one with me. I'm not sure how many more seats I've got, but we'll see, I've heard a lot of maybes from the local people I know.

Top Bottom