• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Evil Minish Vaati is reborn for SSB4!-Sign the Petition to Add Vaati to Hyrule Warriors!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I still think Vaati is the best choice for another rep as he balances the Toon side of the roster having the major protagonist and the antagonist without adding another Ganon or Zelda. I like character diversity but if another one had to be added then I'd want Impa.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I still think Vaati is the best choice for another rep as he balances the Toon side of the roster having the major protagonist and the antagonist without adding another Ganon or Zelda. I like character diversity but if another one had to be added then I'd want Impa.

As the creator of the Impa thread... I endorse this message. :p
Don't, uh, don't tell Diddy.

Congrats to Vaatians for reaching the second page, ha. I think it's about time for people to start brainstorming more moveset ideas!

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
With Toon Link out of the way, we have 2 new spots for Zelda if we are going to get 5 characters for the big 3. I believe that since Impa's the 4th most important Zelda character she will get the 4th spot and for the 5th spot it's competition between Vaati and Tingle. Vaati is more liked, very unique, adds another villian to Smash being the 2nd most important villian in Zelda who has a large timeline influence, and has a large possibility of returning in "A Link Between 2 Worlds" and being a secret boss in WW HD. So, I believe he has a good shot at getting in. WE MUST PUSH ON MY FRIENDS! WE SHALL MAKE IT AND RECEIVE OUR FAVORITE EVIL MINISH!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
With Toon Link out of the way, we have 2 new spots for Zelda if we are going to get 5 characters for the big 3. I believe that since Impa's the 4th most important Zelda character she will get the 4th spot and for the 5th spot it's competition between Vaati and Tingle. Vaati is more liked, very unique, adds another villian to Smash being the 2nd most important villian in Zelda who has a large timeline influence, and has a large possibility of returning in "A Link Between 2 Worlds" and being a secret boss in WW HD. So, I believe he has a good shot at getting in. WE MUST PUSH ON MY FRIENDS! WE SHALL MAKE IT AND RECEIVE OUR FAVORITE EVIL MINISH!
You can't have a villain without the protagonist. Vaati's appearance heavily depends on Toon Link's inclusion. :p

Autumn ♫

You can't have a villain without the protagonist. Vaati's appearance heavily depends on Toon Link's inclusion. :p
Well, since our new Link seems to be the all-encompassing Link, I think he would work out just fine. Plus, if he appears in A Link Between Worlds, there is no need to have to have Toon Link.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, since our new Link seems to be the all-encompassing Link, I think he would work out just fine. Plus, if he appears in A Link Between Worlds, there is no need to have to have Toon Link.
I don't understand why are you so sure about Vaati appearing in either game. It's good to be optimistic, but I think you're getting over-confident.

Autumn ♫

I don't understand why are you so sure about Vaati appearing in either game. It's good to be optimistic, but I think you're getting over-confident.
I'm not saying he will, I'm just saying there is a good chance, being the 2nd biggest villian in Zelda. Also, I'm usually very optimistic about things, like how as soon as I saw the WFT as a new character I was very happy.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
So, I'm creating the counter-arguments for Vaati. Anybody know of any good arguments against him?
Appeared only in 3 games, none of which are recent. Potentially some more prominent reps.
hmm...
Lack of moves for human form. Its hard for me to remember but I don't think he ever fights in the form. Might want to exclude this one though. Its sorta weak.
That's really all I got. :/

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about lack of moves... Just saying "Wind Mage" alone would give him enough for a moveset, really. Moves don't have to be taken directly from the games, as evidenced by, like, half the Smash cast.

So, most of the time he's seen transforming into giant dark beasts... how would people feel if his moveset included him transforming parts of himself into a beast, such as manifesting shadowy tendrils over his arms for Smash attacks?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Was in my top five Brawl along with Geno, Megaman, Ridley and King Dedede but he's largely fallen off my radar since then. When I first saw Ghirahim, I could have swore that it was Vaati but when it turned out not to be, it kind of crushed my hope for ever seeing the character again. He's an awesome character and I really wish Nintendo had done more with him.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The OP needs some polish, imo.

I'd suggest making a Music section and a Supporter's List, for a start.

Autumn ♫

The OP needs some polish, imo.

I'd suggest making a Music section and a Supporter's List, for a start.
I've already got a supporter's list planned, just haven't done it yet. I've also got some music for Vaati on my Youtube channel so I guess that wouldn't be too hard. If you have any more suggestions that would be nice.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Music
I can't think of a good description... Can someone help me out?​
A calm and soothing theme that plays in the Minish village.​
Plays when Link fights the end bosses n each of the dungeons.​
Plays as Ezlo narrates Vaati's backstory to Link.​
An eerie theme which plays in the Hyrule castle when it gets over by Vaati.​
Plays when Vaati takes the form of the King of Hyrule and tricks the soldiers to look for the Light Force.​
A darker and more serious remix of Vaati's theme.​
Another remix of Vaati's theme. Has a slightly slower pace than "Vaati Reborn", and has a "in the thick of battle" feel to it.​
Yet another remix of Vaati's theme; this one sounds much more evil and panicky, but the ending is slightly upbeat.​
Plays when Vaati's curse is lifted from Ezlo, as he departs to the Minish world. Has a sad and sombre feel.​
Took me a while. :p

Autumn ♫

Music
Vaati's Theme
I can't think of a good description... Can someone help me out?
Minish Village
A calm and soothing theme that plays in the Minish village.
Boss Theme
Plays when Link fights the end bosses n each of the dungeons.
Vaati's Origins
Plays as Ezlo narrates Vaati's backstory to Link.
Dark Hyrule Castle
An eerie theme which plays in the Hyrule castle when it gets over by Vaati.
The Possessed King
Plays when Vaati takes the form of the King of Hyrule and tricks the soldiers to look for the Light Force.
Vaati Reborn
A darker and more serious remix of Vaati's theme.
Vaati Transfigured
Another remix of Vaati's theme. Has a slightly slower pace than "Vaati Reborn", and has a "in the thick of battle" feel to it.
Vaati's Wrath
Yet another remix of Vaati's theme; this one sounds much more evil and panicky, but the ending is slightly upbeat.
Broken Curse
Plays when Vaati's curse is lifted from Ezlo, as he departs to the Minish world. Has a sad and sombre feel.

Took me a while. :p
Thank you very much! I was gone doing something for a long while but now I'm back, so I'll add this to the OP. I have a discription of Vaati's theme but it's not that great but it's "Vaati's theme when he comes and attacks Zelda and other various times" it gives off that Oh no, here comes Vaati again feeling I think.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Though Vaati IS a reoccurring villain (the only one aside from Ganondorf), he still doesn't appear that often and isn't overly popular. If we do get more Zelda, it'll most likely be TZ.

Autumn ♫

Though Vaati IS a reoccurring villain (the only one aside from Ganondorf), he still doesn't appear that often and isn't overly popular. If we do get more Zelda, it'll most likely be TZ.
My main problem with Toon Zelda is that she doesn't bring anything new and being a Toon version of a character we already have. She's also only been in 2 more games than Vaati has and that's not really that much more.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
My main problem with Toon Zelda is that she doesn't bring anything new and being a Toon version of a character we already have. She's also only been in 2 more games than Vaati has and that's not really that much more.
It depends what they do with her. They could make her really unique if they make her Spirit Tracks inspired with her leaving her body and entering that of a Phantom, on the other hand they could just make her a boring clone of regular Zelda. I'm not really in favour of her either way unless the extremely unlikely event of her replacing regular Zelda occurred, there's too many good Zelda characters for us to use alternate versions of characters.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
While we're slowly straying off-topic, Toon Zelda's appeal actually lies in the hope that she would bring along Tetra, who would certainly be a non-clone.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
While we're slowly straying off-topic, Toon Zelda's appeal actually lies in the hope that she would bring along Tetra, who would certainly be a non-clone.

Mannnn, then people should just try to get Tetra in, screw "Toon Zelda". She's Toon Zelda's true personality and form, and then you wouldn't have to have another character with "Toon" in front of their name to announce the fact that they're clones.

I'm sad this thread isn't longer... I really like Vaati and I haven't even played his games. Looking through his movesets I noticed something... he's "The Wind Mage" but there isn't really much of a wind focus on his movesets. Did he actually use wind much in the Zelda games?

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
So... Does today's reveal boost Vaati's chances, then?

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I think Toon Link's reveal probably deconfirms any other Zelda newcomer, especially others from TWW. It's ****ing depressing, but I'm still holding out hope for Skull Kid.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
With the fact that Toon Link was confirmed so early (before Zelda?) to coincide with the release of Wind Waker HD, I would hope that it would boost the chance for more representation from the Toon Games - and where to start but with the main villain of sorts in Vaati? You'd have Link, Ganondorf, Zelda and Sheik/Impa to represent the hero, villain, and main secondary character(s) of the main games, and then you'd have Toon Link and Vaati to represent the hero and villain of the Toon games - which could very well pave the way to Toon Zelda and/or Tetra representing the main secondary character(s) of the Toon games in a later SSB game.

Unlikely? Sure, but I can still think of why it could work/

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think Wind Waker HD was a real missed opportunity to incorporate Vaati in as a new, secret extra-hard boss. He would've looked awesome in cel-shaded HD.

I played/beat Minish Cap finally! Good game. The kinstones are kind of frustrating near the end when there's no reasonable way to find out who to fuse with next, but it was still a worthy addition. Makes me sad that TL isn't taking any moves from it this time either.

Vaati's boss fights were pretty slick, a nice run-through of everything you've learned so far.

Autumn ♫

With the fact that Toon Link was confirmed so early (before Zelda?) to coincide with the release of Wind Waker HD, I would hope that it would boost the chance for more representation from the Toon Games - and where to start but with the main villain of sorts in Vaati? You'd have Link, Ganondorf, Zelda and Sheik/Impa to represent the hero, villain, and main secondary character(s) of the main games, and then you'd have Toon Link and Vaati to represent the hero and villain of the Toon games - which could very well pave the way to Toon Zelda and/or Tetra representing the main secondary character(s) of the Toon games in a later SSB game.

Unlikely? Sure, but I can still think of why it could work/
That's what I'm hoping for and with Toon link being shown this early makes me hope for that.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Still pushing for Vaati to make it. He would be more unique over Toon Zelda and Impa anyway

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Hmm... in the Japanese version of The Minish Cap, it was said that Vaati won a Martial Arts Tournament.

Actually, I can see him punching and kicking with areokinesis backing them up. Can you say, "Tornado Fist?"

Autumn ♫

OP has been updated some.
I'll take any suggestions if you want to give me some and I set up a supporters list, so if you want to be in that, just tell me.

Top Bottom