• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Evil Minish Vaati is reborn for SSB4!-Sign the Petition to Add Vaati to Hyrule Warriors!

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I think Impa would work well as a replacement for Sheik and thus become a fifth character, as Zelda already has five more or less. I hope that we see Vaati in new games sometime soon though. Maybe something more like Minish Cap. Aside from being pretty likely for Hyrule Warriors I don't really see what else he may appear in though now.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I think Impa would work well as a replacement for Sheik and thus become a fifth character, as Zelda already has five more or less. I hope that we see Vaati in new games sometime soon though. Maybe something more like Minish Cap. Aside from being pretty likely for Hyrule Warriors I don't really see what else he may appear in though now.
Eh, I'd like to see Impa join after Vaati, and I don't really think it's a good idea for Impa to replace Sheik.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I just don't see much reason for Sheik now. I didn't in Brawl, but Impa pretty much covers everything Sheik would mechanically, and Impa has way more importance to the series as a whole. And I was more pointing out Impa as a potential fifth character is all. As much as I'd like Vaati (he's even part of my email address), I just don't think the odds are as good as I'd like.

Then again, I thought the same of Rosalina, so I could be pleasantly surprised. Sakurai is hard to predict at times.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Skull Kid and Vaati were my most wanted Zelda newcomers, but Skull Kid's an AT, so Vaati's my #1 now. I support!

Last edited:

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I've wanted Vaati in the game since Pre-Brawl, but he ought to appear in another Zelda game to be the next go-to Zelda rep. A Wii U FSA sequel with 3DS interaction in multiplayer would do the trick. Come to think of it, we don't really know what became of the Four Sword in the Adult timeline.

Autumn ♫

I've wanted Vaati in the game since Pre-Brawl, but he ought to appear in another Zelda game to be the next go-to Zelda rep. A Wii U FSA sequel with 3DS interaction in multiplayer would do the trick. Come to think of it, we don't really know what became of the Four Sword in the Adult timeline.
That's one of the reasons why I support Vaati so much, he has that huge potential to return again, as either a major villain or a secondary villain and with Sakurai aiming towards uniqueness this Smash Bros, I believe that only raises up his chances, especially against the powerhouse Toon Zelda.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I think it would be cool if in Zelda Wii U, Link gets the Four Sword to try to defeat Ganon, but unknowingly releases Vaati. He would then defeat Ganon, but have to face Vaati as the real main villain.

Autumn ♫

I think it would be cool if in Zelda Wii U, Link gets the Four Sword to try to defeat Ganon, but unknowingly releases Vaati. He would then defeat Ganon, but have to face Vaati as the real main villain.
That..that would actually be really cool, having what has always been the final main villain become the secondary villain.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
So, here's a moveset. (I don't have names for the moves)
B: Shoots 3 balls of electricity. 1 upwards, and 1 to each side. Slight charging time.
Side B: Shoots 4 fireballs forward. Slight charging time.
Up B: Flies upwards on a tornado. Does knockback, but doesn't do damage.
Down B: Turns whoever is directly in front of Vaati into stone for a second. Allows Vaati to run away.
Final Smash: Turns into the giant monster form and flies around the stage shooting lazers. Automatic shooting like R.O.B.

All moves are actually things that he does.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
People say Vaati isn't relevant, but technically he is.
Four Swords Anniversary Edition was released on the Eshop. And if you say remakes don't count, then why is Gerudo Valley on the 3DS version instead of the Wii U version?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Vaati is really the only Zelda character that is absolutely needed to complete the series as far as representation goes (Impa-Sheik debate notwithstanding in this case), as he is the main, recurring antagonist of the Toon games, just as Ganon/dorf is that of the main games, and once we have him that's about the best you can do to represent both sides of Zelda. I hope that if Saurai considers DLC after the game is completed, Vaati is one of the [first] characters that makes the cut, if he's not already in SM4SH to begin with. We're almost guaranteed a Zelda newcomer, after all (four slots for Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon as the Big 3; Mario got Rosalina, which Pokemon and Zelda have to get a newcomer as well to even out the spaces [or Pokemon's roster doesn't change and we get Mewtwo back]), it's just a matter of whether it'll be Vaati or not; I hope so, though.

Autumn ♫

Vaati is really the only Zelda character that is absolutely needed to complete the series as far as representation goes (Impa-Sheik debate notwithstanding in this case), as he is the main, recurring antagonist of the Toon games, just as Ganon/dorf is that of the main games, and once we have him that's about the best you can do to represent both sides of Zelda. I hope that if Saurai considers DLC after the game is completed, Vaati is one of the [first] characters that makes the cut, if he's not already in SM4SH to begin with. We're almost guaranteed a Zelda newcomer, after all (four slots for Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon as the Big 3; Mario got Rosalina, which Pokemon and Zelda have to get a newcomer as well to even out the spaces [or Pokemon's roster doesn't change and we get Mewtwo back]), it's just a matter of whether it'll be Vaati or not; I hope so, though.
Yeah, that's what I see, as Tetra and Toon Zelda don't seem to help fill that role, neither does Tingle, and Impa is debatable, that's one of the bigger reasons why I think he'd be the best choice for a 5th Zelda character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Go on the 3DS eshop right now! They're giving Zelda: 4 Swords away for FREE!

Vaati can be reintroduced to a new generation!

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Besides Ganondorf, Vaati and Twinrova are the only recurring main Zelda villains.
Sort of? Twinrova was a boss in OoT and actually a storyline villain in Ages/Seasons. I'm not sure if that makes her a recurring villain, just a recurring character. Although, Seasons and Ages are technically different games. So maybe.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Sort of? Twinrova was a boss in OoT and actually a storyline villain in Ages/Seasons. I'm not sure if that makes her a recurring villain, just a recurring character. Although, Seasons and Ages are technically different games. So maybe.
Twinrova was in Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Ocarina of Time, Ocarina of Time 3D, and Majora's Mask (not as a villain in Majora's Mask).
Vaati was in Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, and Four Swords Anniversary Edition.

Also, wasn't Four Swords Anniversary Edition already free?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I still think recurring character fits her better. Vaati is definitely a recurring villain.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
You do not know how hyped I am now, not just for Vaati in SSB4, but for the 4 Swords Edition! Vaati, the once again very relevant Wind Mage!
I already have it, but it's still nice to see Vaati again.

On an unrelated note, I hope we get an Minish Cap HD remake. I haven't played it, but it seems fun, and they don't sell GameBoy games anymore.

Edit: Minish Cap is coming to the Virtual Console! Yay! :)

Last edited:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Vaati was my most wanted newcomer during the era of Brawl. But because he's not appeared since that time, I became realist and I'm not expecting him anymore. I was really upset because of Ghirahim from TLOZ : SS, they nearly have the same design, and I was wondering why didn't they use Vaati instead of him.

But you can add me to the supporter list too^^

Autumn ♫

Vaati was my most wanted newcomer during the era of Brawl. But because he's not appeared since that time, I became realist and I'm not expecting him anymore. I was really upset because of Ghirahim from TLOZ : SS, they nearly have the same design, and I was wondering why didn't they use Vaati instead of him.

But you can add me to the supporter list too^^
He did receive a remake and a re-release of two of his games, which I believe accounts for something. I honestly thought, and still kind of do, that Ghirahim is possibly the pre-incarnation of Vaati, like how Demise is to Ganondorf. Maybe we'll learn something of it in the future?

You've also been added. :)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
what's this "once again recent" thing in the title? are you talking about zelda four swords re-release?

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
As far as I can remember, games like Minish Cap, Wind Waker, and Four Swords Adventures were my primary Zelda childhood games, so I have many fond memories involving Vaati after long struggles.

It saddens me that Vaati hasn't been in new games recently, cause he's my favorite Zelda villain.
I don't expect Vaati to get into Sm4sh, but if he did, I would be extremely happy.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Pretty much. Although I never believed recency was a large enough argument on it's own. It's just something to detract the Vaati's not recent enough people, more or less.
darn, thought maybe he was announced as a big enemy in Hyrule Warriors

Autumn ♫

Holy carp. I have no idea how I let this thread go down to page 5.

So, to keep this post meaningful, has anyone made any Vaati movesets yet? I'm thinking about adding some to the OP.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Just popping in to finally announce my support for Vaati. Four Swords was one of my two favourite Zelda games, and as a result Vaati is really the only Zelda newcomer I could get excited over.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Holy carp. I have no idea how I let this thread go down to page 5.

So, to keep this post meaningful, has anyone made any Vaati movesets yet? I'm thinking about adding some to the OP.
I made a moveset in a previous post.

So, here's a moveset. (I don't have names for the moves)
B: Shoots 3 balls of electricity. 1 upwards, and 1 to each side. Slight charging time.
Side B: Shoots 4 fireballs forward. Slight charging time.
Up B: Flies upwards on a tornado. Does knockback, but doesn't do damage.
Down B: Turns whoever is directly in front of Vaati into stone for a second. Allows Vaati to run away.
Final Smash: Turns into the giant monster form and flies around the stage shooting lazers. Automatic shooting like R.O.B.

All moves are actually things that he does.
I may add A moves eventually.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

Just popping in to finally announce my support for Vaati. Four Swords was one of my two favourite Zelda games, and as a result Vaati is really the only Zelda newcomer I could get excited over.
You've been added to the support list!

I made a moveset in a previous post.

I may add A moves eventually.
Added your moveset.

Is it wrong that I support both Celda/Tetra and Vaati, that one or the other gets in?
I don't find anything wrong with it, although I don't support Celda, just Tetra by herself.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxUFovi5IA#t=31

Taking most of my move set from this fight, with a little from four swords adventures:

B Neutral: Fire Spin: Think of Zelda's Naryu's Love with a burning effect instead of a reflecting. goes above and below and adds some range from that move. Basically keeps people from getting close.
B Forward: Eye Minion: 4 Eye minions, each about 1/4 a Vaati tall, appear behind Vaati. They shoot four lasers forward.
B Down: Trap Cloud: Sends an electric purple cloud on the floor that moves forward. If someone gets hit by this, they get shocked and stunned.
B Up: Cyclone: Vaati soars upwards with a cyclone underneath, players that touch the cyclone flip and fall down,

A Attacks: Shadow aura: Vaati has a shadowy aura that surrounds him when he attacks, similar to the look of his trap clouds, so his animations are mostly him being still and basing his aura with minimal movement, e.g. a flick of the hand to make a giant slashing forward smash, snapping his fingers to have a the shadow look to crush the ground in a down smash. or just quickly dart forward with a jab.

andimidna

Smash Master
Y'know... there's no rebuttal to the sticker argument yet. You may think that Diddy Kong does, but he appeared multiple times in-between Brawl and Melee, same with Ivysaur, same with ROB, same with Wolf. It doesn't deconfirm Vaati. But you can't give a counter-argument for it as the actual argument is "Sakurai won't reconsider a character completely neglected from the previous installment (really just talking about Brawl) if they have not re-appeared, and are not retro characters". Obviously, if a character gets in a game between installments, they have new merits, a new reason to be added. They have a chance to come up again and be considered. And retro characters aren't retro if they keep showing up, and are usually surprising, so that's why it will never apply to them. Like I said, it doesn't mean he won't be in, but you can't just say "no argument here because of ______." As it has never happened before.
And a re-release is not a new game, if you're going to say that. You don't see the Anniversary Edition with it's own place on the timeline, same with remakes, remakes don't count as their own game too. Just wanted to make that clear. And if any cartoon Legend of Zelda character make it in, I want it to be Vaati, but I would prefer a non-toon character. I'm a fan of Midna, Ghirahim, and Impa, but Vaati and Tetra could easily be made into great 5th reps. Overall, I just want more Zelda stuff. It's my favorite.
Plus, he's very unique, I'm not sure how wind would work as a move... but I'm sure it could... he could even have electricity and his other many forms. But, really, almost all Zelda characters are unique (exception: characters like Toon Zelda, Marin... all the characters that function the same as the triforce trio)
Only Zelda character I actually DON'T want to see is Tingle.
Either way, Vaati NEEDS some representation in Smash 4. Ezlo getting a sticker over him was insulting. (Who liked Ezlo?) Skull Kid upgraded from having 2 stickers to being an assist trophy, so it's possible to get more representation without a new game. I just wouldn't bet on playable, as Skull Kid did extremely well on polls (especially the ones here I think) and is equally recurring.

Top Bottom