• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Evil Minish Vaati is reborn for SSB4!-Sign the Petition to Add Vaati to Hyrule Warriors!

Olekidsf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2552-2900-3603
I never noticed you made your own support thread. Nice job. I would make one, but there aren't many characters I strongly support that don't already have threads.

Anyhow, you might as well add me to the supporters list for old time's sake.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So, with Majora/Skull kid deconfirmed this makes Vaati the 2nd most wanted Zelda character, being behind only Ghirihim, so I think this rises Vaati's chances up some, how about you guys?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Vaati is a better choice for many reasons, being the second most-recurring antagonist throughout the Zelda series, as well as being said recurring antagonist in the Toon games. Just as all four Mario newcomers being revealed so quickly is suspicious as to whether there is a Mario newcomer on the horizon, the fact that Toon Link was not only revealed so early on but before Zelda is suspicious as well (Wind Waker HD promotion aside) and kinda makes you wonder. Now, that being said, Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks are no Four Swords Adventures, and Vaati has no involvement in them, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but he is popular and relevant to the series, moreso than the one-shot Ghirahim - who, if you wanna go all conspiracy theory considering the end of Skyward Sword, could be reincarnated into Vaati, considering their similar appearance - and he is depicted as having great magical abilities, something that the roster currently lacks big time (the only true magic-based fighter being Zelda).

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
If Vaati becomes a Villain in the next Zelda game? It will raise his chance? I have sure Sakurai have info on new Zelda...

Autumn ♫

Alright, I've added some more counterarguments to the OP that I've recently been hearing and updated it some too. If anyone else thinks that something should be up there, feel free to tell me.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
That's what I'm thinking, heck, it even looks like he would fit very well to the artstyle of Hyrule Warriors.
Oh, you know, I hadn't even been considering who the villain in Hyrule Warriors would be. Vaati would be a good choice, considering how little he's used. Not enough love for him. Though, I don't know if that would effect his chances. I don't really know when Hyrule Warriors is coming out, but I suppose that doesn't matter if they reveal him as the villain early on.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Here's a quote from Four Swords Adventures that sums up my thoughts on Vaati:

"Huh? Vaati? What's that? No, Vaati's old news. Ganon's the King of Darkness! Forget Vaati!"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why am I not on the supporter's list?

I'd love Vaati!

Just don't think he has a shot.

Autumn ♫

Here's a quote from Four Swords Adventures that sums up my thoughts on Vaati:

"Huh? Vaati? What's that? No, Vaati's old news. Ganon's the King of Darkness! Forget Vaati!"
Umm, Vaati's not that old.

Why am I not on the supporter's list?

I'd love Vaati!

Just don't think he has a shot.
Well, you're on it now.:)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'd like to support Vaati as my next Zelda Character to even out the "Toon Legend of Zelda".

Autumn ♫

If any of you haven't voted on Shortie's newest poll, go ahead and do so, please don't forget Vaati, we need him back at the 3rd most wanted Zelda newcomer.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
The only game that I've played with Vaati in it was Four Swords Anniversary edition. I like what I see though. Should Ganondorf not return or if he remains the same, Vaati could be the magic based Zelda villain.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'm hoping for Vaati to be the next major antagonist in the upcoming Zelda for Wii U!!! People will get a HIGH interest in our magician!

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for Vaati to be the next major antagonist in the upcoming Zelda for Wii U!!! People will get a HIGH interest in our magician!
Since everybody always backs the latest non-Ganondorf villain, this may not seem like much, but keep in mind the Vaati would be on his ... third appearance? Or his fourth? Either way, he will definitely get high interest, but he's always a series veteran, so all the moreso his position and standing within LoZ should improve.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Vaati over Ghirahim. I mean c'on. Ghirahim only appeared in Skyward Sword so far. While Vaati has been in so many. Plus we got Toon Link back, so It is a right for Vaati to become playable.

Autumn ♫

If Vaati does appear in Zelda U, I believe that he'd be the most likely Zelda newcomer to be in SSB4, and if he doesn't make it into Smash 4 he'll be highly requested for Smash 5.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I expect Zelda U to feature realistic Link (not Toon Link), so I don't think Vaati has a chance to show up there.

The next Toon-y title, sure, why not?

And be sure to keep an eye out for Vaati in Hyrule Warriors, just in case. :p

Autumn ♫

I expect Zelda U to feature realistic Link (not Toon Link), so I don't think Vaati has a chance to show up there.

The next Toon-y title, sure, why not?

And be sure to keep an eye out for Vaati in Hyrule Warriors, just in case. :p
It really depends on how realistic Zelda U will be, because if it's like Hyrule Warriors, I can see Vaati's artstyle to be changed some to better fit it, but if it's Twilight Princessy then Vaati probably doesn't have a chance.

Add me to the supporter list, please!

Vaati is my favorite ToonLoZ villain.
You've been added.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Huh, I went to Deviantart to see if there were any good "realistic" Vaati's out there. There were some pretty interesting entries...
Here's the terrifying one:

And here's a more tame one, well drawn.

Y'know, after playing Minish Cap, I've kind of realized that I like the Vaati in my mind more than the actual character. His personality had a lot of potential, but he didn't really deviate far from the "Yeah, I'm evil. Because I became evil. Also, I like kidnapping princesses because I'm kind of a horndog, I guess?" shtick. I was hoping for a slightly more introspective view on morality or some personality quirks or something.

Oh, and I guess I was expecting some wind magic too?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Y'know, after playing Minish Cap, I've kind of realized that I like the Vaati in my mind more than the actual character. His personality had a lot of potential, but he didn't really deviate far from the "Yeah, I'm evil. Because I became evil. Also, I like kidnapping princesses because I'm kind of a horndog, I guess?" shtick. I was hoping for a slightly more introspective view on morality or some personality quirks or something.

Oh, and I guess I was expecting some wind magic too?
His personality in the Minish Cap manga is quite better even if it is still generic. I really recommend reading it.

At least we see him fighting in his human form in the manga (something he never does in the game.), though it looks like electricity and light magic.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
In the game Minish Cap they mention that he won a swordfighting competition... does anyone here actually picture him fighting with a sword while in human form?

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Tingle for Swordmaster!

Kidding, but I like Vaati a ton myself. He's definitely the Zelda rep I would like to see most in this, but I don't see that being too likely. I don't see why there would be an issue with him being in a more realistic Zelda though, I could see it happening. Especially since he'd probably be in his big eyeball form anyways.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I assume you want to be on the supporters list? Well,correlating with your avatar...

You want it? It's yours my friend, as long as you have enough mmmmmmm Rubees.
Yeah, I'm basically one of the few people who think that Vaati should be the 5th rep. Tingle is too controversial, Ghirahim is a one shot villain, Midna is irrelevant, and Toon Zelda\Tetra is deconfirmed since Zelda may or may not be using a Phantom in her moveset. Vaati is too cool of a Zelda villain to be left out of Smash and he has the potential of being a unique fighter.

Top Bottom