• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox Video & Critique Thread - READ OP.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Somethiing to note about the R00kie v. Dark.Pch match - watch how he's SHDLing. With Fox's speed, you can rack up quite a pretty percent on Peach if you bait her float range, which is exactly what R00kie did. Every time she floating higher than Fox's head, she easily ate 6-8 lasers, which is anywhere from 10-16% damage. Nothing to laugh at, for sure.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I wish...
It's not even close to WSing.
Lol when did I post that?

Somethiing to note about the R00kie v. Dark.Pch match - watch how he's SHDLing. With Fox's speed, you can rack up quite a pretty percent on Peach if you bait her float range, which is exactly what R00kie did. Every time she floating higher than Fox's head, she easily ate 6-8 lasers, which is anywhere from 10-16% damage. Nothing to laugh at, for sure.
No doubt. I was extremely impressed as Rook was tacking on the damage.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Alright, i hope i'll get the money this month so i can buy it. My first priority was to buy another Controller cause my other Gamecube Controller got messed up. It automatically makes the controller going up even if you don't move the analog. On brawl you see the hand going up without someone doing anything. I mashed it, Blew in the Wii Port and in the controller but none worked. Now, when i bought the controller, it suddenly work >_< No worries, i got 4 controllers now. XD

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Yeah those are kind of important, didn't you watch the youtube videos?

Of course you can always just record replays by directly connecting your Wii to your Dazzle. The quality is a but messed up, but its still better than just recording from a video-camera.

Good news! After my old hard-drive broke I have successfully installed a new one!

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Lol I definitely went rumaging around my old video equipment and found RCA cables. I should be uploading a practice video sometime soon so I can get used to how the Dazzle works.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol I definitely went rumaging around my old video equipment and found RCA cables. I should be uploading a practice video sometime soon so I can get used to how the Dazzle works.
That's cool it would be a shame if the person who took over couldn't make a video himself

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
That's cool it would be a shame if the person who took over couldn't make a video himself
ROFL! I KNOW RIGHT!

It's taking forever for the video to upload onto youtube. Once I get it on I want as much criticism as possible. Just not only my missed forward and down smashes. I was really off that night.

*Johns to the highest caliber*

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
ROFL! I KNOW RIGHT!

It's taking forever for the video to upload onto youtube. Once I get it on I want as much criticism as possible. Just not only my missed forward and down smashes. I was really off that night.

*Johns to the highest caliber*
Failure XD. Well let us know when it's up.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
I should probably buy a capture device that will take in component cables as that's what I use and it's a tiny bit tedious to switch back and forth, even though I have both cables hooked up and all I have to do is change plugs on the console.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
NeverKnowsBest (Fox) vs SAINT (Diddy) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA-QxIHlxM0&feature=channel_page
NeverKnowsBest (Fox) vs SAINT (Diddy) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vczBLAn3cdU&feature=channel

Friendlies at SAINT's place last week.
Match 1

0:35 - Usmash was so horribly predictable here, of course he shielded it.

0:44 - Fsmash. It's punishable, and I think you see why.

0:53 - You keep throwing out Usmashes that will not connect. You could even go for a Bair kill at this point, since you're not utilizing any of the safe setups into Usmash. Sliding shield into something unsafe, or Dair, or spotdodge something, etc. etc. You mostly stand in place and try to land an Usmash. You really seemed like you were getting anxious here, and that's why you kept taking damage.

1:21 - This was a good use of Usmash, and you finally landed it. Waiting until he had to pick up the banana and going for it? Good stuff.

1:51 - Good use of Jab frametraps.

2:05 - Shouldn't have used your reflector here to block the peanut, especially considering how slowly it travels and how quickly Diddy can make up that distance.

2:14 - Same Jab frametrap, but if you could have faked it, Jab->Dsmash would have greatly helped your game. You did it at 2:20, but it would have worked just as well here.

Match 2

0:10 - Don't be afraid to approach the ledge. Moving away just gives him more time to setup. If you can predict his getup, that's free percentage and maybe even a kill.

0:19 - That would have been a good time to punish with Fsmash.

0:31 - You tend to do that getup a lot - Fair is good, but you got predicted and punished for it this time. Be glad he didn't spike you.

0:38 - More laser pressure! If he's all the way across the map, shoot those lasers!

0:58 - Even if you were predicting him going on the stage, Fair was not the right punisher. (Hint: You're facing the wrong way.) Bair would have worked, though.

1:01 - LOL MINDGAMES. That should never work. Seriously.

1:15 - And, you get punished for Fsmash again. Stop using it so much.

1:30 - The last few seconds before this, lots of random jabs. In the wrong direction. Not to mention the Usmash. Don't throw out attacks randomly.

1:49 - Good job using Fsmash to punish rolling.

2:00 - You missed a bunch of opportunities to Dair>Shine spike, or even just shinespike in general in the last few exchanges before this. Capitalize on mistakes.

3:01 - What did I say about you abusing rising Fair off the ledge? Eat spike.

3:09 - That's the first time I've seen you shine stall all match.

Overall, you have good fundamentals, but you don't seem to utilizing all of your options. Second match was much better than the first, but you seem to be slipping up on different things during each match. You seem to really have trouble capitalizing on your gains, though, but that just requires more practice and ability to read your opponent. Good job; keep going.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Thanks buddy =D Very good advice!

To be honest though those videos are the exact way how I play. I tried a different style of play because I hadn't played smash with my friends in about 2 weeks. I tried to throw in like a jab after every aerial or a neutral a. These were the first videos I ever tried recording. I am playing some friends tomorrow night and then going to Chu Dat's place. I will try to play better and post new videos when the time comes. I will work on everything you told me to work on, and

LOL I know the forward smash is punishable =D I just wanted to see how things would fair =D.

The upsmash part....=3 That whole time my friend an I were laughing because I was warning him that I was going to do it and then I'd pause to try to throw him off =D I think my first match was a really bad match to post =D but it was very fun. The only reason I think I posted it in the first place was because of the last stock I took =D

oo and 1:01 on match two = ROFL!!! I thought the Fox boards would get a kick out of that =D

And to be honest I was extremely surprised when you pointed out that I only shine stalled like near the end. I usually always shine stall, I must have been off my game.

Thank you again for you words of wisdom!

Dyyne

Smash Ace
This is before I gave up on the Dair but go ahead critique away. This was my first real 1st match against the DK match-up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIeQ-4-JacU
I can't analyze vids as sweet as Zhamy, but I did notice that you only used firefox to recover, when an illusion may have been safer. For example, when he took your second stock, you could have kept kept falling-> illusion or shinestalled first or something. I guess not being familiar with dk may have played a part though, since you might not have known (or just didn't apply the knowledge) that dk's bair has the length it does. Idunno, but it was a great match, fun watching it.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
This is before I gave up on the Dair but go ahead critique away. This was my first real 1st match against the DK match-up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIeQ-4-JacU
This is WiFi, but I'll do my best.

0:13 - Shield DK's UpB and punish it. Seems to be a common thread throughout the match. You either let down your shield too early or you spotdodge instead of shielding.

0:20 - Firefox above the stage? Don't do it. Since you did knock the DK down, though, you should be pressuring him. Don't back away.

0:30 - More Firefox, but more importantly, bad spacing. You keep running into DK, hoping to stick in an attack or two, when instead, you should be lasering and forcing him to approach you.

0:38 - Yes, lasers. You were doing well here, until the DK starting pressuring you. Then you kind of fall apart.

0:41 - You should have used Bair. It would have done more damage and more knockback, as well as put him very close to the edge of the stage, all good positions for you.

1:00 - Why Firefox over Illusion?

1:20 - Don't just let him charge up the Donkey Punch, even if he has invincibility. You can very easily fool people into wasting an attack if you bait correctly.

1:23 - Why are you so afraid to go in? Don't play Fox reactively - pressure your opponent, reduce his options, make him work. You're giving him free time to do whatever he needs. You're also getting predictable. Every time you short hop, you try to stick in an attack, usually Nair.

1:40 - No! Firefox! No!

What really screwed you over in this match was two things.
1) Bad spacing. You were always at DK's optimal range, and never at Fox's. You should be up in his face. Instead, you were always at DK's Ftilt/Dtilt range.
2) Predictability. Firefox, SH Fair/Nair, etc. etc. You were trying the same things over and over, and you got punished for it.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Please someone keep me sane. The Ganon player Kalm says he doesn't see ANY differance from the way I play online to offline. Is he right?

Kalm (Ganon) Vs. NeverKnowBest (Fox) Wi-Fi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1H1oIP8rIE&feature=channel_page

NeverKnowsBest (Fox) vs SAINT (Diddy) 2 (I already posted, I just wanted a reference link.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vczBLAn3cdU&feature=channel_page
It seems like you were playing a much faster paced fox in the offline match, and you also stood still and took a lot of hits on the wifi one (1:01 lawl? that could have been easily shielded, offline at least). So no, I think you played considerably different.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's true, he does need time to work on, but tier lists are based upon highest level play.

Anyways, since I have a new hard drive now I am able to run both full versions of Mac Leopard and Windows Vista. Here's a test of me using my Dazzle DVC 100, I think I was supposed to convert it to mp4, but I uploaded it as mwv. The video is beatiful on my computer, both the audio and video are perfect. But then you have to convert the DVD file you get from the burning of the video capture. I'm just going to ask, is it worth my time? When I convert the audio gets messed up so I have to fix it myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqB6X3czLsk

Thats me and Iblis. It was a recent one I think we were playing kind of late at night so it's not our best, but it's pretty dang funny.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah, that's true, he does need time to work on, but tier lists are based upon highest level play.

Anyways, since I have a new hard drive now I am able to run both full versions of Mac Leopard and Windows Vista. Here's a test of me using my Dazzle DVC 100, I think I was supposed to convert it to mp4, but I uploaded it as mwv. The video is beatiful on my computer, both the audio and video are perfect. But then you have to convert the DVD file you get from the burning of the video capture. I'm just going to ask, is it worth my time? When I convert the audio gets messed up so I have to fix it myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqB6X3czLsk

Thats me and Iblis. It was a recent one I think we were playing kind of late at night so it's not our best, but it's pretty dang funny.
Lol I hate you light Lag + sleepiness does not make a great Iblis.

P.S. I just got back from cleaning leaves from houses since 1:00AM..... so if my englishk is worst than usual I'm sorry.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Lol I hate you light Lag + sleepiness does not make a great Iblis.
Lag and tired johns.

P.S. I just got back from cleaning leaves from houses since 1:00AM..... so if my englishk is worst than usual I'm sorry.
ENGLISH JOHNS

Top Bottom