• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox Video & Critique Thread - READ OP.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Wow so wait which one is your friends Waffles? (I hope it's the horrible one)
His Brawler Name is JEW.

He's the rolldodgy, smash spammy, laser campy Fox who does little else outside of AAA (which is a terrible habit), dash attacking, roll dodging and Fsmashing.

And it's WaffleZ with a Z, Iblis. I might play Fox once in a while just to see how much I fail with him... Ha.

How I SHDL? xD

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
His Brawler Name is JEW.

He's the rolldodgy, smash spammy, laser campy Fox who does little else outside of AAA (which is a terrible habit), dash attacking, roll dodging and Fsmashing.

And it's WaffleZ with a Z, Iblis. I might play Fox once in a while just to see how much I fail with him... Ha.

How I SHDL? xD
Ok sorry WAFFLEZ. SH at peak of jump start to shoot two lasers.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol, I know how to SHDL, I was just kidding. xD
Well now you're on my turf. So....

*Pulls out the laser*

Heretic! Uhh.... I mean Freeze!

*Sees that WaffleZ is way lower than Iblis*

*Blast him and then finishes off with offstage Drillshine*

*Puts away gun*

Mission complete.

Returning to base.

:)

Sorry for not getting your joke.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman

*Pulls out the laser*

*Puts away gun*

Mission complete.

Returning to base.

I MUST RECOVER!

EYAAAAAUUHHH~!!!
*SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN*

...*BOOM*
NYAAAAAH!

Anywho, pointless conversation aside, I'll have new videos of "JEW" up whenever I get them and I'll let you know about it, Ilbis. Maybe some of you guys can give him some advice. Lol.

(Like stop rolldodging.)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?

*Pulls out the laser*

*Puts away gun*

Mission complete.

Returning to base.

xIblisx, all the Fox dittos are fully downloaded. :D
Well, 5 are but I was like "I'm sick of uploading Fox dittos" and didn't upload the rest.
So check my Youtube page and then you can get everything to show the Fox boards like you wanted. :)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
xIblisx, all the Fox dittos are fully downloaded. :D
Well, 5 are but I was like "I'm sick of uploading Fox dittos" and didn't upload the rest.
So check my Youtube page and then you can get everything to show the Fox boards like you wanted. :)
Cool but I later. We have re-do the
guide
there is gonna be this
this discussion
about Fox and week might have to do again next week.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

Twinkieftw

Smash Cadet
These matches are between my friend (Fox) and me (Marth).
I also apologize for the horrendous quality. <.< Too cheap and stupid to find whatever most people use to record without the annoying button clicking in the background.

Marth vs Fox 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4YjSwdgQcM&feature=channel_page

Marth vs Fox 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De4JghNlJn0&feature=channel

Marth vs Fox Ex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b507A5HhfjI&feature=channel

We did a normal best of three set.
(The "Ex" is an extra match immediately following the two previous matches for the lulz.)

I'd like both, Full Analyzation and General Overview, if possible please.

He has been playing Fox for a while, and I've been giving him advice, but I know I can't help him out as much as you guys can since I play Marth. He's hoping for some major help on buffing his Fox so he can pwn me. >.>

Sukai

Smash Champion
At speeding sonic:
You seem to be on the right track, you know your frame traps well, now you just need to use them more.
There were some problems with your playstyle, I'll address them in the order of big no noes to small ones.
Early Up smashing--PLEASE, DON'T DO THIS. Never up smash before it can kill. It's just...wrong.
Obvious Up smashing--You went for the Up smash too much too often. If you don't get smart with your kill moves, you'll never be able to hit a good player. And I mean never.
Obvious Down air--You were way too obvious with your down air, this gets punished by good players fast.
No Short Hopped aerials--You short hopped lasers a couple of times, but I didn't see alot of short hopped aerials, this is a good staple for Fox, learn to apply it to your game.
No shine stalling--One way to not be so obvious is to shine stall, which I don't remember you doing.

There were some good things that I must commend you on, for a secondary Fox, you knew a few intermediate tricks. You know how to mix up you're recovery, you spaced fairly well, and you used frame traps (once against Peach).
Keep at it.

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman

speeding sonic

Smash Apprentice
ok thanks alot, i'll use the advice that i've learned from you.. but i want to fight you or anyone who is really good =) if its ok with you or anyone else

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Fox is my secondary, and this video is from a while ago, but I figured I'd upload it and show you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHP57vVwIKw&feature=channel_page

there ya go, tell me what ya think :D

thanks
Okay well, not bad. You got some nice basics down. You can combo, you know how to N-air and D-air. I enjoy seeing people use U-air, I never see it too often. Doesn't help too much that you blindsided a random DK though.

What I could see someone better capitalizing on would be your lack of shielding though not like you needed it but as a safeguard incase he tried to attack you. I could see him scoring random quick hits if he knew what to do. Also, you did lots of random things. Try to be more patient with your input and don't keep running around throwing out attacks. I see that often and you'll eventually ease yourself down to doing moves that keep your opponent pressured. If you actually attack places where they could go, it stresses them not to go there or mess up and fall into you.
Another thing... didn't see any D-smash but you did fine without it. I enjoy my D-smashes.

Hard to critique when they didn't punish you for lots of mistakes I saw. Mostly incorrect spacing and a dash attack on a shield. Lots of things worked when they shouldn't. Don't let that discourage you though, if something gets somebody then you may as well keep doing it until they counter it.

Overall you have a decent foundation of a Fox. I would improve on your caution mostly. Plan out moves at a slower pace and work your way back up to lightning quick. That's about it. Again, it's hard to pinpoint things wrong in a 3-stock. :laugh:

KBM

Smash Ace
Okay well, not bad. You got some nice basics down. You can combo, you know how to N-air and D-air. I enjoy seeing people use U-air, I never see it too often. Doesn't help too much that you blindsided a random DK though.

What I could see someone better capitalizing on would be your lack of shielding though not like you needed it but as a safeguard incase he tried to attack you. I could see him scoring random quick hits if he knew what to do. Also, you did lots of random things. Try to be more patient with your input and don't keep running around throwing out attacks. I see that often and you'll eventually ease yourself down to doing moves that keep your opponent pressured. If you actually attack places where they could go, it stresses them not to go there or mess up and fall into you.
Another thing... didn't see any D-smash but you did fine without it. I enjoy my D-smashes.

Hard to critique when they didn't punish you for lots of mistakes I saw. Mostly incorrect spacing and a dash attack on a shield. Lots of things worked when they shouldn't. Don't let that discourage you though, if something gets somebody then you may as well keep doing it until they counter it.

Overall you have a decent foundation of a Fox. I would improve on your caution mostly. Plan out moves at a slower pace and work your way back up to lightning quick. That's about it. Again, it's hard to pinpoint things wrong in a 3-stock. :laugh:

duly noted, thanks a lot :D

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
YAY! Im on here. More to come soon people.

Youtube is gayy. No more brawl sound, its "copyright" or whatever.
So stupid . Im sticking with All Is Brawl for now. =P

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Um. Please Critique my Fox.

http://allisbrawl.com/video/video.aspx?id=12457

I am now using more nair's and air shine stalls.

to many dash attack approaches, that bowser could have punished you big time on a lot of them.
also could have used some lasers in there.

and this goes with out saying but on that first death from the bowser. If your lasers are hitting and there not coming, keep firing till they come.
the laser is good for pressuring to force them to come to you, don't stop giving them damage and then go to them, especially not with a dash attach , ESPECIALLY not at such a low percent.

Top Bottom