• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Full Smash 64 Learning Curve (MASSIVE UPDATES)

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
to the best of my memory, no i haven't played you

but back when i first started playing online i didnt really know who all you ppl were and i wasn't too good either so i might have

id like to play you one of these days but my graphics card is busted and i haven't been online in forever... so i'll have to wait till i get my new laptop for college

edit: i just read more of pikashox's ignorant post...
i'd like to ask you to quote the exact part where my "arrogance" shows and where i said that i think im so good... i think youre confusing me for tigerbombz

if you are referring to the place where i asked if you can do all that crap that was AFTER you said i was so arrogant and that i don't belong in level 5

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
However I am going to say that PikashoX you are definately level 5 quality.
thanks valoem, but im fine with level 4 (part 2) lol. besides you've beaten me most recently.

pikashox have we played?
no we haven't, but im pretty sure you can beat me easily. maybe you'll get the chance someday :)

edit: i just read more of pikashox's ignorant post...
i'd like to ask you to quote the exact part where my "arrogance" shows and where i said that i think im so good... i think youre confusing me for tigerbombz

if you are referring to the place where i asked if you can do all that crap that was AFTER you said i was so arrogant and that i don't belong in level 5
first off, you said you belonged in "the last level" which by valoem's system is level 5 (part 2). i never said you don't belong in level 5 altogether...learn to read.

secondly, to say that you're more respected than me isnt really saying much considering ive only played online once or twice (all using keyboard, which i'm just not adept at). it wasn't my intention to turn this argument into a comparison between me and you, which you keep doing time and time again. i simply stated how your respect level would be higher if you didnt act arrogant with your posts. that has nothing to do with me, so i don't really know why my respect was brought into this.

and i doubt that i've mistaken tiger for you. in all honesty, although many will disagree with me, i don't mind tiger at all. he can be annoying with his posts, but he has respect for me and i have respect for tiger and his smash abilities.

if you are asking me to show you your own arrogant posts and state why they're arrogant, then you are asking me to do the impossible. im not going to waste my time showing you why your posts are arrogant, only to be thrown back bullsh*t reasons of why youre not. you have to realize it by yourself. it is only my opinion, so take it or leave it.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I think i'm in level 4...

But level 3 players pwns me T_T

Is funny, i was at low-level 4 like 2 months ago (left yoshi and start pica for grabbing, but i didnt grab spam... but i grabbed a lot), and now i restarted using yoshi... i think this means i'm now in middle level 4 dont I?

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
if u scanned my power level with a dbz scouter...that shiet would blow up
Tiger I have never laughed at any you've said before. But that is **** funny.

Yeah level 5 players woooo *image of 17-year old **** smiling to the camera and sporting gang-signs in their white polos and khaki short-shorts*

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
PikashoX said:
first off, you said you belonged in "the last level" which by valoem's system is level 5 (part 2). i never said you don't belong in level 5 altogether...learn to read.
you should learn to read yourself... i said last LEVEL .. whats the last LEVEL? LEVEL 5
see its not hard LEVEL LEVEL LEVEL - easier to read now?

secondly, to say that you're more respected than me isnt really saying much considering ive only played online once or twice (all using keyboard, which i'm just not adept at). it wasn't my intention to turn this argument into a comparison between me and you, which you keep doing time and time again. i simply stated how your respect level would be higher if you didnt act arrogant with your posts. that has nothing to do with me, so i don't really know why my respect was brought into this.

and i doubt that i've mistaken tiger for you. in all honesty, although many will disagree with me, i don't mind tiger at all. he can be annoying with his posts, but he has respect for me and i have respect for tiger and his smash abilities.
you said i'd have more respect if I wasn't arrogant
I simply replied that I am well respected as it is ; just not respected by you

additionally i added you should not be talking about respect because you don't even play online hence you would not know who is looked down upon in emularena

and its pretty funny how you find me arrogant and not tiger... i don't even brag like "o im the shiz i can pwn you all" while he does (just look at his last post in this thread...)

if you are asking me to show you your own arrogant posts and state why they're arrogant, then you are asking me to do the impossible. im not going to waste my time showing you why your posts are arrogant, only to be thrown back bullsh*t reasons of why youre not. you have to realize it by yourself. it is only my opinion, so take it or leave it.
exactly... no one else finds me arrogant, just you, and its your opinion as you state; so why even bring it up?

edit: I also highly doubt that Tiger has any respect for you seeing how he doesn't even respect Johnny as you can see in this thread

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
What's with all this "respect" stuff
I always thought it was the proper thing to respect everyone
Respect isn't a reward for being good; it should just be there, for good or bad players

Let's all cool it down and move on to another subject now

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
What's with all this "respect" stuff
I always thought it was the proper thing to respect everyone
Respect isn't a reward for being good; it should just be there, for good or bad players

Let's all cool it down and move on to another subject now
yea i completely agree; i don't even understand what pikashox was trying to get at by starting all of this bullsht about respect

he comes in for no reason and tells me dat i would hav much more respect if i wasn't so arrogant and sht and when i ask him to show where i was being arrogant he then tells me its simply his opinion

meaning the only person i dont hav respect from is him...

he doesnt seem to get that no one gives a sht... i really dont understand why he has to start this

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
level 3 part 2, yoshi and falcon user, if i use a gamecube controller or maybe practice a lot with a n64 controller instead of a keyboard, ill be level 4-1

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
you should learn to read yourself... i said last LEVEL .. whats the last LEVEL? LEVEL 5
see its not hard LEVEL LEVEL LEVEL - easier to read now?

you said i'd have more respect if I wasn't arrogant
I simply replied that I am well respected as it is ; just not respected by you

additionally i added you should not be talking about respect because you don't even play online hence you would not know who is looked down upon in emularena

and its pretty funny how you find me arrogant and not tiger... i don't even brag like "o im the shiz i can pwn you all" while he does (just look at his last post in this thread...)

exactly... no one else finds me arrogant, just you, and its your opinion as you state; so why even bring it up?

edit: I also highly doubt that Tiger has any respect for you seeing how he doesn't even respect Johnny as you can see in this thread
stop making up crap...your direct quote looks more like this:

"and i am much more respected than you online considering you don't even play online so stfu"

....that CLEARLY compares you to me....stfu noob

tiger doesn't respect johnny or anybody else, but he has never really insulted me.

and started this cuz you were posting sht that wasn't true...like picking up z-canceling within the first week you played...or starting 3 move combos within weeks...thats all bull...besides no one gives a sht when you did all that....you just dont seem to understand that youre just not that good.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
in in the interest of respecting Johnny's (and boom's) advice
i am done with you noob

but jus fyi... i was zcancelin ... it was jus with the R button...
3 move combo = drill up tilt uptilt... do you see how simple that is

but as i said i am done with you
respond with whatever flame you want

valoem

Smash Journeyman
I actually think Tiger has a **** load of respect for Johnny. Remember how he never flamed Johnny until recently, probably because everyone kept saying he was Johnny's ***** and he wouldnt dare say anything to Johnny. Now you see what happens lol.

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
in in the interest of respecting Johnny's (and boom's) advice
i am done with you noob

but jus fyi... i was zcancelin ... it was jus with the R button...
3 move combo = drill up tilt uptilt... do you see how simple that is

but as i said i am done with you
respond with whatever flame you want
...drill u-tilt u-tilt is only two moves, one of them repeated

and you can't call me a noob if im better...7/12 characters...remember that

jayrico

Smash Apprentice
whoa! this thread is alive again...man i havent been in smashboards in a while...well i have to agree with some people that the learning curve levels can use a little bit of an update

Mura

Smash Apprentice
Both of you, PikashoX and whaahppnd.

Keep it in your pants. -_-

Anyways...5 part 1. :O

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
whaahppnd youre better than me what can i say

im just at a point in my smash life where i just hit a wall...like i just wanna quit and start something else...i cant seem to improve and ive been steadily going down the last month...i just lost all motivation to try hard...to DI when i know i have too...does anybody else feel this way? or been through this? i feel like i need to quit now before i end up on level 1 again.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I definatley know what you mean with the "trapped in level 3.1". i played it on my own for about 2 years, noone played with me because there were about level 1. then my bros went to university and came back at vactaion at about 3.2. BAM! in a matter of moths, im looking at all the vids and now fancy myself a 4.2. As soon as i can find a n64 controller to hook up to my PC (no keybaord for me), ill start playing online 24/7. 5.2 here I come!

felix45

Smash Lord
@pikashox - the key is spacing. The sooner you learn how important it is the sooner you will get better. the simplest example I can think of for learning to space yourself is kirby and his fsmash.

Now we all know how incredibly broken kirby's fsmash is. fast pull out, high priority, long range, low lag. using it seems easy, just spam and you will hit your opponent. Well suprisingly you can have skill when using it. spacing yourself and pivoting with it works wonders (I pivot fsmash with a lot of my characters now when edgegaurding thanks to kirby).

The easiest example I can think of that often repeats is on hyrule. Lets say you are kirby and you just killed your opponent. you are in the **** tent and they are fast falling down. Now if you understand basic spacing, the length of your fsmash, and have a little prediction (assuming your opponent is predictable) you should be able to immediatley fsmash your opponent when he/she lands. just wait for when you think the time is right to move out of the way, they'll probably dair/bair/fair and then you need to dash out of the way, then dash back and fsmash on the dash back. bam, easy first hit and you can possibly even start up the utilts and continue the **** by bairing into the wall over and over.

all because you were able to space yourself. it takes practice, a lot of knowledge of everyones attacks, and time to get good at spacing and it is always something to improve on.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Same can be said for Falcon's Fsmash, cept it has bad lag. Play Winston, he pivotsmashes 20 times a game...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Level 5 (Part 1) [The mastering level]: At this level the players utilize every move the character has. And begins to combo. Short hop is constantly used and it become very difficult to grab these players. Though they are not completely fluent with comboing they are getting to the ultimate level. Players now can use everything fluently although not connected yet. Fox can shine break, drill kick, ness can double jump cancel and break shields, etc. Players try to combo and can destroy a level 3 player with 2 to 3 lives and a level 4 with 1 to 2 lives.

Honnestly that is where I am. I think. Play me.

mask man

Smash Cadet
how do i get out of 3 part 2,nowere has big info on hitboxes and stuff and the atat doesnt help at all

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
There's a problem I see with the last part of that list. I would consider myself 5 Part 2 because I can just about start a combo as soon as I land a hit with yoshi, fox, mario... Except 5 Part 2 seems to be the highest lvl in your list, and I know it can't be since since Malva is the highest one by far and no one is even close to him. So, I would say, add a Part 3, just for malva. And I don't think that you should include the whole "This lvl player should #-stock this lvl player, # lvl player could #-stock a # lvl player...", specially since many people play differently and sometimes it takes a while. Like, some lvl 4 players may be using a one-trick pony that works efficiently until you finally find an easy counter, so therefore they took more lives that first match. And some characters are all-or-nothing fighters. Chars like yoshi/DK/kirby may use suicide techiques just to kill you, therefore taking more of your lives than they're worth.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I think there should be more levels then 5. Malva is miles ahead of everyone else, grouping him with everyone else at the top is inaccurate. A lot of the top kaillera players are way ahead of nearly everyone in this thread that said they were level 5 as well but still so far behind malva it's silly. Scale should be out of 10.

Top Bottom