• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Georgia SSBM House League - SEPT. 25th - $150 Grntd!

BBQ°

Smash Champion
lol well soft you can probably 6-0 us if you don't run out of jumps with jigglypuff on 3 different stocks and then fall into a fully charged fox upsmash from your own teammate ^___^

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Sorry I couldn't make it. I decided i was going to go, got ready, got in my car at 11:30
and my tank was almost empty.
Checked my wallet and bank account.. not enough to get there.
:/
Good stuff GA. Thanks to everyone who came out and supported my tournament. I want to give special thanks to Sleepyk and Dogysamich for really supporting the GA smash scene. Thanks to both of yall for showing up and supporting my tournament series. Yall guys are the best!

Sammi good stuff!!!

Good seeing you bobby!
Wes, always a pleasure!

LETS MAKE NEXT WEEK THE BEST TOURNAMENT YET!!
yeah i'mma max out my credit card to play a video game.

i'm only 100 from my limit, might as well go for broke!

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
let's mm, druggedfox.

also, can someone possibly give me a ride home on Saturday?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
let's mm, druggedfox.

also, can someone possibly give me a ride home on Saturday?
MM? I'm always down... fox vs falcon? Or one of my other characters?? I got any character you want, from pika to sheik, let's go. Ha I also owe cornel a MM... ****'ll be fun.

*****s betta get mad hyped, we need crews at this next one.

SleepyK

we need to have actual crews instead of draft crews. GA needs to bring is crewdom back and have location based crews.

mike g was supposed to bring this back up, but he never had time to edit my post

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
MM? I'm always down... fox vs falcon? Or one of my other characters?? I got any character you want, from pika to sheik, let's go. Ha I also owe cornel a MM... ****'ll be fun.

*****s betta get mad hyped, we need crews at this next one.
Yeah, fox vs falcon.
and falcon dittos if you want.
both 2 dollars.

SleepyK

drives you to host smaller, more regular smashfests so you play with the people in your area more so you can compete with other location based crews.

creates local competition with friendly trash talk, helps expand the scene as each location steadily attracts newer players who want to become part of crews etc

location based crews really shouldn't extend more than 10-15 minutes from a concentric area imo.

people got too complacent with crews across the country and joke crews and the like.

imo it's time for serious crews to come back.

allows players to do crew battles for serious, creating hype.

draft crews are fun and all, but there's no real bearing behind them.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Doesn't location based crews essentially come down to who you smash with most often? I mean, they might not be the same, but it seems the central idea of sleepy's post is that people who smash together are on the same crew.

Yes? If so, that wouldn't sound bad at all. I mean, as far as me personally, from the sounds of things I'll be smashing with soft and that area a lot, though I'm obviously no where near it.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Ahahahaha;

I play fox/falco, fairly evenly split currently, idk if that will change. (also several others but... w/e)

We definitely DO need to play sometime, I was having a lot of fun watching you play fox/falco at CEO, actually.

SleepyK

Doesn't location based crews essentially come down to who you smash with most often? I mean, they might not be the same, but it seems the central idea of sleepy's post is that people who smash together are on the same crew.

Yes? If so, that wouldn't sound bad at all. I mean, as far as me personally, from the sounds of things I'll be smashing with soft and that area a lot, though I'm obviously no where near it.
you should really hit up the GA tech smashers.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Might do that eventually, but I don't really have time during the week to smash, and weekends are obviously at these weeklies.

S0FT

Smash Ace
It sounds like you want Georgia to be a mini country format. Where tournaments bring all the different Georiga "regions" together, and find out who is the best.

That is not going to work because Georgia does not have enough smashers and even less motivated smashers to create many different "regions."

What we SHOULD be doing is working together to improve GA as a whole. Who cares if you are the best region or the best smasher in GA, if GA sucks compared to the rest of the community.

Instead of practicing in little location bubbles like you suggest, We should be going to my tournament series and improving or helping others improve in GEORGIA.

Promoting other states tournaments and traveling out of state for tournaments is great for your skill personally,
but does nothing for Georgia. Tournaments in Georgia, little like mine or huge like the TO series, all help Georgia as a whole. 20 Georgian smashers are NOT going to travel out of state to one tournament, but 30 Georgian smashers might attend a well run tournament within Georgia.

If you really want to make Georgia better it starts with promoting, attending, and running tournaments in Georgia. NOT promoting, attending, and running off to tournaments in other states!

BBQ°

Smash Champion
you shouldn't be breaking down sleepy's post like that. The point is that the local crews will create more competition, and they serve as a way to attract more people and expand the community.

spsu crew:

me
ovonte
lounis
dr. pepper
ron
chris (doc mario guy)
tubes??
jason??
we have a few others but idk

although dr. pepper might be forming his own ksu crew or something.

D

Deleted member

Naw. Soft is right to a degree, so is Sleepy. I don't see much of an issue here.

Creating a smash scene in GA is up to GA itself, and playing with local smashers in your area within GA doesn't help improve a stagnant pool of players.

Expanding the area of play from say Marietta and encompassing the entirety of Atlanta is more beneficial, but I see location based crews being able to do this as well.

Crews don't take anything away from GA smash, and they'd only add hype and competition at tournies. State crews would also be good, like NC, GA, FL, TN, AL. It promotes smash competition and hype between states which will increase tourney turnout out of state.

I view the Brawl and Melee communities as equally important. A larger Brawl community will probably benefit the Melee community just as much and vice versa. There is an increase in the interest of Brawl players who want to play Melee. We have an opportunity to expand the community and strengthen Smash beyond a single game title.

I am not forming a KSU crew. There's 4 serious smashers who attend KSU so far (Dan, Saltix, Chima, and I). My goal is to incorporate new players at KSU into competitive smash at the very least, and hold an occasional tourney and semi regular smashfests.

D

Deleted member

You're not in a terrible place. At least you don't live in South Atlanta. There's no smashers there...

Also, you going to the next weekly RJ?

Laijin

Smash Hero
You guys should just do what MD/VA does. Although we all live like at least an hour away from each other(the richmond guys all live like 2-3 hours away from us. Tope, Cyrain, etc etc), we still treat each other like one region. It works out better that way as long as you have players that are motivated to carpool and drive other players to smash fests and such

SleepyK

It sounds like you want Georgia to be a mini country format. Where tournaments bring all the different Georiga "regions" together, and find out who is the best.

That is not going to work because Georgia does not have enough smashers and even less motivated smashers to create many different "regions."

What we SHOULD be doing is working together to improve GA as a whole. Who cares if you are the best region or the best smasher in GA, if GA sucks compared to the rest of the community.

Instead of practicing in little location bubbles like you suggest, We should be going to my tournament series and improving or helping others improve in GEORGIA.

Promoting other states tournaments and traveling out of state for tournaments is great for your skill personally,
but does nothing for Georgia. Tournaments in Georgia, little like mine or huge like the TO series, all help Georgia as a whole. 20 Georgian smashers are NOT going to travel out of state to one tournament, but 30 Georgian smashers might attend a well run tournament within Georgia.

If you really want to make Georgia better it starts with promoting, attending, and running tournaments in Georgia. NOT promoting, attending, and running off to tournaments in other states!
here's the difference
You want to further the current scene
I want to expand the scene

Georgia doesn't have enough smashers. My idea is to generally increase said number of smashers.
Yours is to support the existing fledgling scene.

In my opinion, the big reason why our scene sucks is because we only have maybe 20 active players at any given time.

if anything, a combination of efforts would probably have been the best choice to make. If you wanted to attract some newer players, you could have the weeklies be a little cheaper to enter so new players wouldn't "feel like they threw $10 away" to increase attendance. I understand that you want the weeklies to be $10 because it promotes more serious competition and would probably draw in our existing players.

It appears I'm at an impasse thinking about this by myself.

GOD!

Smash Ace
*****s betta get mad hyped
When I read this I imagined some black guy saying it. But then I pictured the white guy that goes to tech saying it. Pretty funny.

Yeah, Kosine is pretty good at smash. kazoo is awful. And xif is a huge ******. Idk what other melee is there.
me,merck,soft,drugged fox vs the world ..whats up?
Um the world would **** you guys
I'm so lonely in Duluth ;__;
I feel ya bra.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
K I think I'm going to this instead of the combo breaker, since it's closer and I missed the first one due to work ;_;

BBQ°

Smash Champion
lounis- this saturday is at evan's apartment.

sleepyk- make it free entry pools and then pay to play in bracket. I think that method works the best.

Top Bottom