• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
thanks XYRO for your input on how good i am. may i remind everyone that roughly 95% of people who play this game dont know SHlT about being "good"? some of that 95% actually listen, practice, learn, and try to get better. while the rest make ******** posts with bold statements of what they believe to be concrete truth, only making them look more ignorant and stupid in the eyes of the actual "good" people. so please, i can answer questions helping your falcon game. but if you havent placed high or beaten someone GOOD in tourney, just please stfu with your "wisdom" until you stop getting your *** kicked in tourney by good people and probably noobs, too.

This is too true. G-reg I know exactly what you mean.(warning backstabbing of other members happening(crew members))
Erich, is too **** cocky. He offers SHlt advice, and always says. You're just tech chasing it has nothing to do with prediction.! BULLSHlT!
Alphabravo- gets scared too easily and says everything is luck and gives bad advice as well.
ABP- plays a nasty sheik and Peach. Incredible mindgames. But, can't do shlt against a person who can waveshine or grab.
ABS- sucks.
Kashakunakai- Noob who won't understand any advice.
Joe- doesn't think mindgames exist.

Thank you for accepting my minor rant.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
thanks XYRO for your input on how good i am. may i remind everyone that roughly 95% of people who play this game dont know SHlT about being "good"? some of that 95% actually listen, practice, learn, and try to get better. while the rest make ******** posts with bold statements of what they believe to be concrete truth, only making them look more ignorant and stupid in the eyes of the actual "good" people. so please, i can answer questions helping your falcon game. but if you havent placed high or beaten someone GOOD in tourney, just please stfu with your "wisdom" until you stop getting your *** kicked in tourney by good people and probably noobs, too.

XYRO = Owned...yeh I officially like G-reg way more than D.rain SS...and everyother CF for that matter... ^_^

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
G-reg, I checked the up-throw to knee on Fox/Falco in frame-by-frame control, and I couldn’t get it to work at 90 percent. Every time, they would hit the ground before I could make the knee connect with them. It wasn't until two/three or so frames afterwards that the knee would hit, and that was after they had bounced off the ground. It wasn’t until they were at 100 percent when it finally worked.

I also checked the down-throw to knee on Marth at 85 percent, and it doesn’t seem to work if they DI away (I believe Taipon also stated this a while back). Now there is of course the possibility that I might just be doing something stupid with my tests. So you might want to check next time you’re ******.

Also, there was one other thing that shouldn’t really matter, but I’ll throw it out anyway. The up-throw to knee on Marth at 85 percent does work in actual play. Taipon assured me on that one. But theoretically, meaning in frame-by-frame control, Marth has the option to hit you with a f-air before the knee connects. But the window of opportunity for this is only a small amount of frames, so that appears to be why this combo still works in actual play. However, if a Marth player could gain the timing skills necessary to take advantage of this window of opportunity…

Anyway, these are the conclusions that I’ve come to.

Oh and also, that link doesn't work for me either. Did it help your reaction speed at all Vall3y?

Sytar

Smash Ace
Dear Great G-reg,

Whenever I do the knee-throw combos to my friends I tell them, "You get g-regulated!" In honor of you. I think that pisses them off. I'm not sure how you feel about those combos being named after you. I realize that Falcons have been doing it for aeons, but it was nice to have it written down concrete like that. I have a few questions for you...
When I play Marths, the combo I usually go for is something like this:
upthrow-->run behind them as they fair and over b--->nair (but sometimes knee)-->hope something else hits.
Usually I can rack up 40%~ like this. Which is nice. Although, my friend who doesn't really main Marth seems to get hit by this pretty **** often, which makes me wonder, will good Marths get hit by this at all? Moreover, will they get hit by it more than once?

At low percents, my upthrow doesn't seem to give me much in the way of combos besides that. But I have another problem. I have no idea what % I can dthrow to nair Marth at. I've been trying over and over again, and failing many a times. I'm not sure what I've been doing wrong. I got it once today at a semi-higher percent, but I neglected to look at the percent. You wouldn't happen to know what % I should dthrow to nair, would you?

audreyh

Smash Ace
Dear Great G-reg,

Whenever I do the knee-throw combos to my friends I tell them, "You get g-regulated!" In honor of you. I think that pisses them off. I'm not sure how you feel about those combos being named after you. I realize that Falcons have been doing it for aeons, but it was nice to have it written down concrete like that. I have a few questions for you...
When I play Marths, the combo I usually go for is something like this:
upthrow-->run behind them as they fair and over b--->nair (but sometimes knee)-->hope something else hits.
Usually I can rack up 40%~ like this. Which is nice. Although, my friend who doesn't really main Marth seems to get hit by this pretty **** often, which makes me wonder, will good Marths get hit by this at all? Moreover, will they get hit by it more than once?

At low percents, my upthrow doesn't seem to give me much in the way of combos besides that. But I have another problem. I have no idea what % I can dthrow to nair Marth at. I've been trying over and over again, and failing many a times. I'm not sure what I've been doing wrong. I got it once today at a semi-higher percent, but I neglected to look at the percent. You wouldn't happen to know what % I should dthrow to nair, would you?
you can dthrow to nair marth starting from 0%.

Sytar

Smash Ace
That probably means I'm a failure of a Falcon.

Is that if they don't DI away, or not?

technomancer

Smash Champion
i think i discovered something kinda tight with falcon. if you ever think you are about to get grabbed, at any time, QUICKLY dash toward them, just as they get near you, and overB the OPPOSITE direction. if im not wrong, i believe the initial dash frames move falcons body over, and using the raptor boost the other direction, pushes falcons body even further over. this creates somewhat of a dodge effect, quickly moving you from grab range, to behind the grabber, and hitting them with overB.
go into training mode, stand right next to someone, go to 1/4 speed, and do what i just mentioned above. look how fast he moves from grab range, to behind the grabber. its no guarentee you wont get grabbed, but i believe it closes your openness to being grabbed rather quickly. the sneaky g-reg!!!!!
I hereby name this technique the "I just stuck it in ur butt G-reg style" technique.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Hey, I have a question about a certain combo. I see the down air to the raptor boost alot from many falcons and I was wondering how good it actually is. Like couldn't it end your combo on certain characters if they were to di up and up? Also, I tend to shy away from using the raptor boost too much, because of it's punishability. However, this seems to be a combo that works a good deal of the time, so how useful is it and is it one of my better options? Thanks!

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea i mean raptor boost IS risky, if you **** it up. then again so is waveshining, you could **** up and overB off the stage. you just gotta do it when you KNOW itll hit.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Like me . Ussually a minimum of 3 suicides per match. Yet I still win.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
At the beggining of this thread there were some combos posted with percentages. I read through the entire thread and I never saw anything of the sort throughout the rest of it. Synikal and greg both post some usefull strategies vs their harder matchups and low tiers and such but past that the thread has pretty much deteriorated into ****. Im asking any REAL falcon guru to post some more of those combos and their percentages (other than the 5 or the six posted at the begginning of the thread) and any good strategies.

audreyh

Smash Ace
This was discussed briefly in the topic, but never elaborated to specific percentages. (note: i've enjoyed memorizing these specific percentages for uthrow knee combos and the such, but don't rely on these too much, i've realized that it limits creativity when all you're looking for is that grab at 70%)

but i'll add some (rough) percentages anyway.

Falcon can gimp people over! you know.. those 0% shine deaths fox does... falcon can almost do that.

If you grab sheik at the edge, dthrow, run off the stage and knee. It starts working at 15% I believe, but be careful, you won't hit if she DI's away. You can hit with a uair, however, she'll recover very quickly and you might end up being edgeguarded. If sheik doesn't DI away, I believe this works up to about 60% or so. If you're lucky you'll have hit sheik just as she's double jumping. =) If not, grab the edge and edgeguard..

This also works extremely well on fastfallers. Uthrow run off and knee beginning at almost 0%.

Oddly enough, I finish off a lot of marth stocks with a dthrow off the edge, run off and uair (not double jumping to uair). It's quick.

watch some silent spectre videos, he does the above often. Realize that if you do this too often, they can predict it and punish falcon harshly.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
I've watched a couple of Capt Falcon videos and notice that they use the stomp and raptor boost as well as grabs as a lead up to a knee or fsmash. Does anyone one know the percentages that it would connect? Much like in the format of G-Reg's first post on this thread.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
alright so you guys are asking for some actual %'s you can do things? alright. here are my findings in practice mode. this is obviously without DI, but the %'s dont change too much. you just have to change your aim and timing

since fox is considered by most to be falcon's worst matchup, i did a little bit of work to find outhow to kill fox at BRUTALLY low %'s

the most amusing of which is probably silent spectre's drop zone, which is pretty much a gruarenteed kill from 45-upper 60's %'s

grab fox at the very edge (this works well on falco too) down throw, walk off, and knee within the first few frames that you can. if they didnt DI towards the stage, they will eat your knee and die guarenteed, and you'll make it back (assuming you did it right)

stomp to knee is one of the best ways, too.
you can shffl a knee in to fox if you stomp him as low as 45%, and in to the mid 60's. from there you need to full hop, and be sure to time it.

you can also back air after a stomp at INCREDIBLY low %'s, which is good if you can put fox off the stage.

and everyone's favorite anti fox falcon punch combo. a fresh stomp starting at 66%, and going up to 76% (i couldnt manage to get it to combo at 77, and 65 they can tech) if you falcon punch fast enough you've got one of the most humiliating kills.

i'll work on the exact %s you can stomp to fsmash and up throw to fsmash tomorrow, and post what i've got.

hope this helps...

Black Hayate

Smash Lord
is there any good combo on samus?

also for marth what is the % for uair uair knee combo? and usually for dthrow, if they DI toword you what is some good combo you can do

AeuS

Smash Cadet
I also have trouble comboing samuses. Any little tips or tricks?

Vall3y

Smash Lord
umm you shouldnt be following specific percents and moves for this stuff
use whatever works at that situation
specific comboing tips i can give you about samus is nair keeps her stunned so its good until she DIs up or went too high then you can go for uairs, and try to finish off with a knee asap because she floats quite far from ur arials and once she isnt stunned she will nair you in the face and that will outprioritize everything you got basicly

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Vall3y I know it's not about knowing exact percentages to play this game but its helps to know what I can or can't do.

example.
say I grabbed a falco at 70% if I know there is no way to land an fsmash from an uthrow, I would most likely continue techchasing but say I didn't know that fact and tried the fsmash anyways, the falco would be freed and I'd risk getting needless damage.

I don't think most people who ask for help seek to do these combos 100% of the time, it's just good to know so if the situation comes up you have something to fall back on.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has been covered already, but what do you do against a Jiggly who refuses to get grabbed?

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Jiggs is very vulnerable from the top my mormon friend. Dair combos work wonders. And counterpick stages with platforms. I think starting at 0% you can Dair-Nair and as the percent goes up you can add to that like Dair-Nair-Uair.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
about combos vs fast fallers-
if they dont di then its possible to fsmash them at high %, and if they di backwards its possible to fsmash them at lower high %. you can also regrab them, but that means they will di the next throw for sure. its also possible to ftilt from an uthrow if they dont di away, but its not that rewarding.
you also got, ofcourse, the stomp to fsmash\knee or forward b to knee
and at very low % the nair wont 'drop' them so you can combo it into a grab
at higher % it makes them fall so its basicly like a throw, but this one people miss techs more (it requires a relatvily fast reaction sometimes) or tech in place, so just go ahead and stomp\knee where they have landed

Top Bottom