• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

emerican

Smash Ace
Question for g-reg.

i watched the arlington crew battle a few times and how you completely demolished the stocks off those 2 falcos..

my question is.
-was the tech punish (not the combos) but the guessing of the stomp just luck? or do you have some sort of way to tell.. "oh this falcos bout to tech behind me, better jump back n stomp"

all the space animals i play are scared ****less to tech behind me.. so are otherpeople just dumb or are you forcing that through mindgames?

-few things i did pick up on was when you up-threw.. they tended to DI away, then tech back.. or tech in place (very few times did they tech away). Do you pick up on that and then instantly narrow down your choices to stomp?
-another thing i picked up on was your very quick dash dance... while this could also cause then to tech behind you.. it was almost too fast that most players wouldnt pick up on it to tech a certain way.

would greatly help out my fox/falco game... thanks man.

audreyh

Smash Ace
-hes gonna mess up his DI maybe the first time, resulting in a regrab

If you get a dthrow off quick (and he doesn't DI), i think an nair is a more preferred choice. nair nair uair knee, nair nair knee knee whatever you like lol

but a regrab is better than nothing...

g-regulate

Smash Hero
the sneaky g-reg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think i discovered something kinda tight with falcon. if you ever think you are about to get grabbed, at any time, QUICKLY dash toward them, just as they get near you, and overB the OPPOSITE direction. if im not wrong, i believe the initial dash frames move falcons body over, and using the raptor boost the other direction, pushes falcons body even further over. this creates somewhat of a dodge effect, quickly moving you from grab range, to behind the grabber, and hitting them with overB.
go into training mode, stand right next to someone, go to 1/4 speed, and do what i just mentioned above. look how fast he moves from grab range, to behind the grabber. its no guarentee you wont get grabbed, but i believe it closes your openness to being grabbed rather quickly. the sneaky g-reg!!!!!

audreyh

Smash Ace
at 0% you can dthrow nair nair nair

even at 0% on a standing marth you can nair nair nair without even dthrowing

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i think i discovered something kinda tight with falcon. if you ever think you are about to get grabbed, at any time, QUICKLY dash toward them, just as they get near you, and overB the OPPOSITE direction. if im not wrong, i believe the initial dash frames move falcons body over, and using the raptor boost the other direction, pushes falcons body even further over. this creates somewhat of a dodge effect, quickly moving you from grab range, to behind the grabber, and hitting them with overB.
go into training mode, stand right next to someone, go to 1/4 speed, and do what i just mentioned above. look how fast he moves from grab range, to behind the grabber. its no guarentee you wont get grabbed, but i believe it closes your openness to being grabbed rather quickly. the sneaky g-reg!!!!!
Using over-b from moonwalking can create a similar effect from what I've seen. I still can't moonwalk so I can't really capture a vid ofi t, but moonwalk towards the enemy and hit over-b away from them and it adds even more distance behind them.

Similar to wavedashing behind a character, except harder and more dangerous. Flashy though.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
BTW i just posted a comprehensive moonwalking guide, and i know what im doing. i moonwalk fairly effectively, and i learned it from silentspectre. it also provides tips on how to make your moonwalks longer.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=86613

hopefully this post will end all questions about moonwalking...espeically the "why bother" question. why bother doing anything that doesnt result in % or a KO? -_-

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Of all people, G-Reg only finds this out now? 90% of my raptor boosts are when I go behind them and nail them, it's too good.

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
G regulate- 'While I am not your father, I have had sex with all of your mothers.'

Very important.

So G reg, what can a nubilicious Marth do to escape the G reg **** on FD, other than self destruct four times out of pure fear?

Added: Nice try neg rep guy, however I don't think G reg would neg rep me for ONE point when he has two boxes. Also, G reg doesn't not like me, G reg loves me!

In a straight and non threatening way.

However if by some mystery of nature and internet, G reg decided to neg rep for ONE point while he has TWO boxes and say "I don't like you~G reg" i'm almost certain he'd post that on the boards, too. >.> lol, but it was a **** nice try, it would have fooled me if I hadn't met Greg in like, real life, and ****.

ALSO ADDED!: Hey, I don't feel like logging back onto AIM, so Greg, if you see this I wanted to tell you there's a fest in Pikesville MD, its actually a pretty bad hike for you, i think it's like 1.5 ish hours, but Nurok's the one throwing it and he's been talking about how good he did against G reg, and I wanted you to go and **** his ****! Aho and Hova will be there, and afterwards they maybe getting drunk and crashing at Hovas =P I'm not entirely sure. But if you can make it out there, I'll MM you so you can make up some of the gas money you spent getting out there ! >.<

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
>_> Yeah I was neg-repped on this thread, too.
Why can't you REALLY tell who reps you on SmashBoards? o_O

And what is this business about 'boxes'?

Ghostype

Smash Champion
G-Reg, I did this combo in your name earlier: > B (follow DI) > B (follow DI) > B (follow DI) .... Falcon Punch kill. I think it's officially the greatest g-reg inspired combo I've ever done. I was giggling and ****. >_>

cF=)

Smash Lord
G-reg should make a guide about how to be awesome and gather all the information sprayed around this thread.

I vote for this option.

Brookman

Smash Hero
it would be pointless for gregulate to make a guide on being awesome, because no mortal is able to acheive such a high level of awesomeness, aside from him, but there is a widespread rumor that g reg is actually jesus

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey, Greg. I have a question concerning marths. One Falcons funnest and hardest matchups. I have trouble with aproaching Marths. He is my only problem right now. I know how to do most of the combos, and I can tech chase him rather well. I just have problems with the Aproach.

flaco

The Terminator
well am not g reg but use the dash dance to fake him then when he tries to hit you punished him for it you need to use captain falcon speed to deal with him also use jc grabs on him like grab to down thrwo to knee or differents technic for the tech chasing is about expirenced and little luck thats g reg correct me if am wrong bro

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
The prooblem is he dds perfectly as well, and if I get close to him He will get me with fsmash, fair, grab, dair, utilt, or dtilt.

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
I play a crappy, crappy Marth, here's how G reg ***** it.

Throw knee combos, always great.

KEEP IT UP! When Marth's above you, as falcon, you have more options than he does, keep him aboves you (not diagonally above, tho, because then he'll F air X_x)

WHIFF!? KNEE! Wait for marth to whiff an F smash, KNEE! Also, if you fake out Marth, he whiffs, you can raptor boost into him, to start off a combo.

Stompy stompy stompy! Marth has options when falcon is above him, yes, but remeber your stomp can go BELOW platforms, wait for the Marth to throw out a U tilt or F smash, while you're on a platform, and if you L cancel right you MIGHT JUST FALCON PUNCH! (this only really works when it's not expected... or when it's expected and they WANT it to happen)

G regulate does eat them Marths though, Falcon and Marth is a **** match up, back and forth, each character can eat the other's face with combos, throws, kill moves, and edge guards. However's Marth's edge game IS better than Falcon's SO WATCH OUT!

Try Aho vs G reg vids for a real life recording! =P

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i cant teach the "approach", you just gotta run around and pick your spot to attack or grab based on what you think they will do. quick short hopped uairs are good for when they go up high. anytime you think you have a free grab, take it. keep in mind that marths fair and utilt can ALWAYS be faster than all of falcons aerials, so dont challenge them unless you know you can hit/grab him first. counterattack marths attack-lag with nairs knees dairs and grabs. dthrow all the way to 40%, uthrow to shuffled/full jump uair 40%+, and uthrow knee at late 60s. switch up styles to avoid being predictable. play defensive to be smart, play extremely offensive to be awesome.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
i cant teach the "approach", you just gotta run around and pick your spot to attack or grab based on what you think they will do. quick short hopped uairs are good for when they go up high. anytime you think you have a free grab, take it. keep in mind that marths fair and utilt can ALWAYS be faster than all of falcons aerials, so dont challenge them unless you know you can hit/grab him first. counterattack marths attack-lag with nairs knees dairs and grabs. dthrow all the way to 40%, uthrow to shuffled/full jump uair 40%+, and uthrow knee at late 60s. switch up styles to avoid being predictable. play defensive to be smart, play extremely offensive to be awesome.
wow...the info has actually made my win ratio sky rocket...thanx g-reg.

But yeh... seriously thanx

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
ok i have everything down for falcon but i find tech chasing hard like i try and follow them but i just move to slow and theyll just doge me andy tips. thanx

Vall3y

Smash Lord
unless you have lightning fast reaction, you should be predicting which way they will tech and hit there. if you wait to see which way they tech and only then chase them, then they will most likley have their shield up already.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
unless you have lightning fast reaction, you should be predicting which way they will tech and hit there. if you wait to see which way they tech and only then chase them, then they will most likley have their shield up already.
lightning fast...not that fast but yeh fast... but like Vall3y said...if your not quick on your feet predict. AngeloB said somthin like which everyway they teched first there gonna go the oppisite way next time...but this only last so long.

Remeber, they said you had to be lightning fast to moonwalk which isn't true... now everyones doin it but yeh...^_^' by the way Vall3y, your guild is the reason I can moonwalk right now so thanx...they have smash in isreal

TGM

Smash Lord
did you know g-reg lost to many falcons at FC6? he snot as good as yall make him out to be......

g-regulate

Smash Hero
thanks XYRO for your input on how good i am. may i remind everyone that roughly 95% of people who play this game dont know SHlT about being "good"? some of that 95% actually listen, practice, learn, and try to get better. while the rest make ******** posts with bold statements of what they believe to be concrete truth, only making them look more ignorant and stupid in the eyes of the actual "good" people. so please, i can answer questions helping your falcon game. but if you havent placed high or beaten someone GOOD in tourney, just please stfu with your "wisdom" until you stop getting your *** kicked in tourney by good people and probably noobs, too.

Top Bottom