• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

audreyh

Smash Ace
how about this for use of over-b

ur nair hits a sheild, you l-cancel then over-b. their sheildgrab misses you cuz ofthe way the overb pulls falcon back first, then you pop them up for combos

six

Smash Ace
MenacingMike said:
over b???????
what're you, a parrot?

and sure, you can get grabbed out of over-b, but the point is the grab misses, not that the over-b cancels it out. it works...sometimes. but it's definitely not some end-all, be-all defense against shield grabbing. i like double-jabs myself =)

audreyh

Smash Ace
as in, the overb will pull you back enough so their grab misses, and the lag after their missed grab will let your overb hit.

DYC

Smash Champion
audreyh said:
as in, the overb will pull you back enough so their grab misses, and the lag after their missed grab will let your overb hit.
Only if they don't know how to WD out of their shield into a grab.

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
I'm just saying it's risky is all. I'm sure it can work but I'd still prefer jabs. Less payoff but less risk.

JFox

Smash Hero
G-reg, are the percentages that you give for your combos the percentages that you should be grabbing at, or the percentages that they should be at after the throw. (So should Marth be at 68% when you get the grab, or after the Up throw?)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
JFox said:
G-reg, are the percentages that you give for your combos the percentages that you should be grabbing at, or the percentages that they should be at after the throw. (So should Marth be at 68% when you get the grab, or after the Up throw?)
% you should grab at. for example, i grab marth at 68-75%, i then uthrow to knee.

yes falsefalco, much of my game is mindgame oriented. but you cant deny that a falcon without mindgames is a total scrub. you cant say the same for fox/falco/shiek/marth.

um heres another trick
there are many %'s where falcon can throw to knee, if you are by the ledge, that wouldnt work originally. i.e., if you throw someone off the stage, some %'s become fair game for a knee, because there is no ground to stop you when you shffl. so whereas uthrow on fox/falco to knee wont work if they DI away, if they DI away off the stage, a knee will work because there is no ground stopping them, or you. just fast fall off the stage and hit them. great for when you are on platforms, facing the edge.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
When you are near the ledge and do a d-throw it will automatically send the opponent forwards,unless they DI behind you.Because of that,you can often get low percent kills by doing a d-throw and following it up with a dair when they go off the ledge.Its not that reliable and if you try it alot the opponent will figure it out,but it can get quick KO's ,especially on fastfallers as they will fall often too quickly to recover with a meteor cancel.I only do this at low percents though,at high percents I do exactly what G-reg said and knee the opponent.

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
I wouldn't D-Throw spike off the edge. It's much easier to just give them a knee, from there you can go back to the stage and knee them again, followed by a uair or another knee if it wasn't sweetspotted.

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
Depends on damage, but usually shorthop to knee. If you don't think you can get the knee in "easily" or "safely" just nair or uair into a knee. If their damage is too high for that, you need to be gettin that KO sooner.

audreyh

Smash Ace
white oblv, uthrow marth 68% to full jump knee

you can follow every di

and dthrow to stomp off edge is probably better if ur playing someone like peach/jiggs/samus

Takalth

Smash Ace
VgtPrncfllSyns said:
I wouldn't D-Throw spike off the edge. It's much easier to just give them a knee, from there you can go back to the stage and knee them again, followed by a uair or another knee if it wasn't sweetspotted.
It's a matter of learning both, making you dangerous at a larger variety of percentages. Some percents on some characters, you just can't get with the knee. D-air's hitbox, despite the animation, is not only lower than that of the knee but higher as well. You can spike people who are up by your head.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
One of my favorite finishers is the dair whenever my opponent happens to be off the edge but if i'm not able to do it i'll just finish em off with a knee instead. But here's a combo. For a fast faller. grab, up throw, upsmash,upsmash, nair , knee. Or grab,upthrow,upsmash,upsmash, d tilt nair knee. Another one is. grab, down throw. b-over, up smash, dair. and then use your imagination from there, KNEE!!!!!!!!!!

shoe

Smash Ace
Don't argue with Zeppo unless you're g-reg because he is like the euro-g-reg :p

I also heard from variable sources that this guy captain Zeppo is too good in teams with random dutch Peach getting like an average of 6 knee KO's per match while this random Peach only has to rack damage and edgeguard/edgehog a bit :p

audreyh

Smash Ace
LOL kamikaze. haxor combos : usmash usmash usmash usmash falcon punch.

if i dont finish my ooponent with a dair, i finish my opponent with falcon kick, overb DUNK

edit: useless comment above =) anyway kamikaze, usmash usmash wont work on humas, they'll di it
just fyi

Dice

Smash Lord
I use downthrow to stomp off the edge to suprise the opponent usually, if they are expecting a knee and they get stomped then they might not meteor cancel quick enough.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
shoe said:
Don't argue with Zeppo unless you're g-reg because he is like the euro-g-reg :p

I also heard from variable sources that this guy captain Zeppo is too good in teams with random dutch Peach getting like an average of 6 knee KO's per match while this random Peach only has to rack damage and edgeguard/edgehog a bit :p
wow i team with a nasty peach as well, and have won 4 team tournies doing so. zeppo's got the right idea when it comes to a peach/falcon team. although, i dont think he could beat my record of 10 KO's in a 4 stock teams match. (thats right, 10)

but yes, g-reg says use stomp-spike sparingly, as the only time it usually works is when people dont expect it. so if you are feeling a little frisky, give it a shot. just not more than once a day lol

shoe

Smash Ace
wow i team with a nasty peach as well, and have won 4 team tournies doing so. zeppo's got the right idea when it comes to a peach/falcon team. although, i dont think he could beat my record of 10 KO's in a 4 stock teams match. (thats right, 10)
Lol I think the most he got was 7/8 including one KO on me with the Peach grabs, Falcon Falcon punches both Peach and oponent awesome match ending combo. We only got the chance to team up once and got eliminated by Doug and Yuna in both winners and losers bracket because they are too good.

DYC

Smash Champion
The Great Marth said:
Have you ever fought Dark Rain in falcon dittos? if so...who won?

and you win the prize for being the one millionth person to ask this question.

Surprise! The answer is still the same!

They haven't.

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
G-Regulate and Darkrain cannot be in the same room together because the AWESOME factor (well, G-Reg on his own can generate that awesome factor, but he chooses not to unless in the presence of another Falcon player) would destroy the world.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
The Great Marth said:
so basicly they are afraid to fight each other..cool
or perhaps the fact that we live in different parts of the country, and barely travel? maybe that too.

but if you would like to know the outcome of another falcon ditto, i beat your buddy rayzorium 2-0, ending it with a falcon punch.
<3 rayz :)

ZoSo

Smash Champion
To all you people offering your own opinions: For shame.

G-Reg is Chinese Falcon mastah. If he wanted advice, the thread would be called "the 'some guy other than G-Reg combo' thread. please help me learn to be amazing. please?"

Yo, G-Reg, you goin' to IIIesticle?

Top Bottom