• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

Cort

Apple Head
Everyone shut the **** up and watch this video

http://anime4you.kicks-***.org/~shiho/SINhrcFALCONwr.mp4

For the extremely lazy that don't want to download or use vlc media player:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Omsrq38KCvY

Yes at the end. That is a jump. Catch bat. Drop bat. Double jump + Falcon punch to the left at the same time. Bat hits bag. Get's immediately reverse AERIAL Falcon Punch'd.

Watch it in the slowest possible setting your media player has. I gaurantee it will make you come. And if it doesn't.. then you're gay.

riff town

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to work on my moonwalk right now, and you seem to have a really good sense of when to use it for approach, edgeguarding, and the like. So I guess my question is how do you practice the moonwalk and when is it most useful in actual play?

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Basically you Nair, grab, tech chase, and Knee a lot. Nair to set stuff up, grab to control and set up for tech chasing/Knees, and get them off the stage before you yourself are knocked off.
Nair, grab, tech chase, stomp, Knee. That usually works.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
After following G-regs advice, I lost 30 pounds! You can too!
*dramatization of a real testimonial*

Anyways, I started sporting the pink falcon (I refer to it as gay falcon, but whatev) and due to random things from this thread and the unending thrill of knee victories Falcon has ironically become my best character. Thanks G-reg!

PacStrife

Smash Ace
G-reg it was fun playing you at the NC tourney man. Fighting you and chillin in falcon dittos was too fun. Thanks for letting me use Pink falcon against you mangz. :)

How did this thread make it to the 2nd page? lolz

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Question

Instead of making another thread...

I need help with the falcon vs fox matchup. I play againt a very technical fox, once he gets started on falcon it doesn't end. And falcon is easy to combo to boot.

Anyway how would i deal with these situations...

1) Constant pressure. The fox would stay in close quaters harassing me with quick jabs to n-airs to shines and what not. And would stay out of shield grab distance or land behind my shield.

2) U-airs, once the chain starts he can normally get 2-3 u-airs on me. I naturally DI'ed down to avoid getting killed off the top, but at the less killable percents, should i DI up to avoid the next u-air?

3) Techchasing. If i do get a grab in, it's rare so i can't keep track of where he normally techs so i have to guess. Say i d-throw him and chase him as if he were teching forward. I would already start my dash animation. He see's it and techs behind, in which case when i turn quick to grab him its too late. He either sidesteps or shines.

Are there placement situations where they have no escape? Like how marth's do it if you know what i'm referring to.

Too much text, my apologies and thanks in advance.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
well I know that in the second situation your DI isn't doing anything. like that's not the way DI works. if someone hits you straight up and you DI along the same line as their hit (either up or down) then your DI does nothing. You should be DI'ing left or right (perpendicular to the direction you were hit), it wil help you live longer and make it harder for the fox to continue the combo. That's what I do at least, but someone tell me if i'm wrong yo' I might try to help with those other situations if I get some time later and someone hasn't helped you yet.
-PAC!

Vall3y

Smash Lord
about the pressure, id just roll away or try to jump out with a nair with good timing.
few tech chasing tips: dsmash is good if dont know his teching habits. i dont think people are fast enough to see where you run and tech accordingly. anyway if he is that fast, throw a quick dash dance to confuse him

Timdrumming

Smash Rookie
g-reg, should I use Falcon's roll a lot, a little, or not at all? I fear that perhaps I use it too much.

Also, a question for anybody, do you find it easier to shffl u-airs with the c-stick or the A button? I'm having trouble.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I use a button, comes out faster.

D.B

Smash Ace
Hey G-reg what do you think about reverse u-airs as an edgeguard? It seems to work well if you time it right on most characters. Also for Marth isn't it better to lightshield then he's left with either to try to land on the edge (which leads to reverse knee or knee which should kill him) or him to die. And lastly what about an up throw near the edge to a spike. What do you think about those?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Hey G-reg what do you think about reverse u-airs as an edgeguard? It seems to work well if you time it right on most characters. Also for Marth isn't it better to lightshield then he's left with either to try to land on the edge (which leads to reverse knee or knee which should kill him) or him to die. And lastly what about an up throw near the edge to a spike. What do you think about those?
i usually prefer bairs, but you're right, uairs do work if timed right. i usually use it on fox/falco when i try to bair and get a bad angle, ill just uair when they try to go over me, then try for bair or edgeguard.

yes, lightshield edgeguard ***** marth badly. make sure they dont have a jump or are limited to only the sweetspot, and then just lightshield edgeguard.

technically, a spike should never work, if the person meteor cancels correctly, therefore making the spike a worthless tactic. BUT!!!!! lots of people dont expect it coming if you never use it, therefore making it a tricky sneak attack that they wont expect to meteor.

hova

Smash Champion
chaotic- if a fox is pressuring ur shield the best thing you can do is roll away, alternatives are to jump out of sheild with bair or nair

the thing to try and do is not get stuck in ur shield, so just run away and wait for an opening. DD at a range where you're safe from his attacks, but close enough to punish a mistake. the easiest ways to stay safe are to DD and wait for a grab, space bairs or do retreating nairs. remember this is only if the fox is being really agressive

for foxes uair your gonna want to DI either left or right. most uairs start from an upsmash or uthrow. DI the upsmash in front of fox or DI the uthrow behind him and then DI the initial uair in the opposite direction; hope that makes sense to you

techchase- after the throw just DD in place until you see which way he actually techs, not his DI before the tech. if you're too slow getting there he can either sidestep or shine when you try to grab. if you know you'll be too slow and expect one of the two, just DD a little closer to scare him and wait for the sidestep and then grab immeadiately after ( or stomp or knee )

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey Greg, I am need of some awesome Captain Falcon Avatar got any extra?

BFG9

Smash Apprentice
BFG9 would like to see vids of you doing your beatings against others. But I believe ya. There was also a good C. Falcon, I think his name, Clod-zero? totally an awesome C. Falcon user.

D.B

Smash Ace
Clod-zero is DBR and DBR is ****, they only make combo vids. Proof? There leader germ got 4 stocked by isai. You want the best falcon look in this thread. =]

Also you can lightshield peach's recovery not jsut marths if that helps anyone.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
clod zero retired long time ago, and that video was great for his time.
getting four stocked by isai doenst mean you are bad. you probably refer to the video that is maybe few years old, too.
these days dbr has king dsf and silent spectre which are all top tier players.
so dont talk **** if you have no clue, please...

falcon in doubles , hmm... he is good in teams, being fast and all, having the knee and all. you can quickly switch targets and hit the other guy your ally is fighting. thats a good tip!

Top Bottom