• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Green Thunder 2.0 (Tourney this Weekend!)

Magnacor

Smash Ace

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm in the "Never Burning Flame" Mario Clan on Brawl Central, if that counts as well. After all, they DO have this clan as their ally.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm in the "Never Burning Flame" Mario Clan on Brawl Central, if that counts as well. After all, they DO have this clan as their ally.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I would like to join green thunder as well i main luigi in melee and plan to keep it that way in Brawl
NO! You may not join! Your kind is not permitted in my clan! Just kidding. Saying "Sure I'll add you in right away" all the time gets boring after a while, but sure I'll add you in right away. Welcome to the clan.

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
Me and my brother are going to try to make an awesome sig for this clan but. I'm not sure how I would give it to you because I don't think this forum allows me to post pictures as a sig yet.

Any information on how I could acquire such permittance would be awesome.
(I'm still kinda new on this forum so I probably should have read some kind of beginners guide or whatnot
idk if you don't reply I'll probably look it up later)

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Me and my brother are going to try to make an awesome sig for this clan but. I'm not sure how I would give it to you because I don't think this forum allows me to post pictures as a sig yet.

Any information on how I could acquire such permittance would be awesome.
(I'm still kinda new on this forum so I probably should have read some kind of beginners guide or whatnot
idk if you don't reply I'll probably look it up later)
I was able to post picture from my first day. If you want to post pictures, first upload you image to an image hosting site like Imageshack or Photobucket. Next right click on the image and either click "Copy Shortcut" or go to properties and copy the URL address. Then start a post and on the toolbar there should be a button with two muntains and a circle. Click there, paste the URL in the box, and when you finish your post, you should see your picture.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Cool beans! it works! I can't put it on my sig but ty for the info and we will do our best to make a sig that is pure win!

Cool beans? Really, I'm sure you can do better then that. Anyway if you want to put the picture in your signiture just click on your avatar. Next you should see a few tabs that you can click on, on the left of the screen. click on the one that says "Edit Signinture" and just put the sig there like you would any picture. Tell me if that doesn't work.

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
Nope all it does is post the hyperlink to the picture in the sig. Below where I edit my signature it says my permitions and this is a paste part of it:
Can Upload Images for Signature No
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No
I'm assuming that as my 'rank' goes up on the forums I will eventually be able to have images in my sig.
They probably did this because they don't want people picture spamming.

I'd sure love to know how you managed to beat the system! lol

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Nope all it does is post the hyperlink to the picture in the sig. Below where I edit my signature it says my permitions and this is a paste part of it:
Can Upload Images for Signature No
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No
I'm assuming that as my 'rank' goes up on the forums I will eventually be able to have images in my sig.
They probably did this because they don't want people picture spamming.

I'd sure love to know how you managed to beat the system! lol
Strange. Mine says I can't upload images for my signiture too, yet when I did it, it was still shown. Oh well, I tried.

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
Hey thanks for the help anyways. I'm sure one of these days I'll get the chance to put pics on a sig but until then: viola!

Is it too big? I could resize it and everything. At least it looks too big to me.

It's Luigi holding fireballs in each hand and the background is a forest fire made green as if Luigi himself had caused it. The cursive "There's a storm coming..." -Luigi I tried making it look like Luigi wrote it or something (that's right Luigi is out for revenge!!).

Don't pay attention to the small telltale lines of white around Luigi, wish I could have fixed that a tad better =\. I'm sure it will work out just fine

Anyways give me your feedback, if its ok size take it. if not I will resize

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Hey thanks for the help anyways. I'm sure one of these days I'll get the chance to put pics on a sig but until then: viola!

Is it too big? I could resize it and everything. At least it looks too big to me.

It's Luigi holding fireballs in each hand and the background is a forest fire made green as if Luigi himself had caused it. The cursive "There's a storm coming..." -Luigi I tried making it look like Luigi wrote it or something (that's right Luigi is out for revenge!!).

Don't pay attention to the small telltale lines of white around Luigi, wish I could have fixed that a tad better =\. I'm sure it will work out just fine

Anyways give me your feedback, if its ok size take it. if not I will resize
It's a little big, but looks great.

Darthkirby707

Smash Cadet
Stopping by from BC...

Anyway, if you're a member here, I would reccomend making an account on BC, as we post a lot there, and we host tournaments there.

Our Thread

Anyway, Magnacor, I see things are going smoothly here. We should have the BC and Smashboards members interact more though, as now we are almost two seperate clans. We should have forums up soon- I'll post a link to them here when they're up. That should help merge our two communities.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Stopping by from BC...

Anyway, if you're a member here, I would reccomend making an account on BC, as we post a lot there, and we host tournaments there.

Our Thread

Anyway, Magnacor, I see things are going smoothly here. We should have the BC and Smashboards members interact more though, as now we are almost two seperate clans. We should have forums up soon- I'll post a link to them here when they're up. That should help merge our two communities.
I agree completely. I was planning on PMing someone about how we're going to work out tournaments on a different forum once I got settled. Now that the ball's rolling, does anyone have any ideas?

I'll try to keep up with any updates to the site, but if you really want to find out what's going on, I'd suggest making an account on Brawl Central.

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
So I'll make an account on BC (same name). I don't really understand how you can run a clan on 2 seperate forums, but it looks like you guys are trying really hard. I can't wait until a forum for just the clan comes up, does this imply there will also be a website for the clan?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
So I'll make an account on BC (same name). I don't really understand how you can run a clan on 2 seperate forums, but it looks like you guys are trying really hard. I can't wait until a forum for just the clan comes up, does this imply there will also be a website for the clan?
They are talking about a website for the Paragons of NES, but I don't know much about it yet.
P.S. They are also holding a Brawl tournament the Friday after Brawl which happens to be on the ides of March. So far we are pretty sure that there will be some items, but the obviously broken ones will have to go.

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
I'd like to be a part of that but we'll see. My Wii for some reason has problems connecting to the internet (needs to be like right next to the modem to get connection) =p. So I'm thinking that I won't have very reliable connection when playing online.

Sometimes I wish my Wii had a direct link to the net instead of wireless, it would make things a hell of a lot easier =\.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Well, How is Luigi's Meteor Smash? The combos it made in Melee made him God Tier.

Luigi slashed his hand in front of him killed the cat.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
I would love to join the green thunder. Luigi is my main man in all smash games. How do I join?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I'd like to be a part of that but we'll see. My Wii for some reason has problems connecting to the internet (needs to be like right next to the modem to get connection) =p. So I'm thinking that I won't have very reliable connection when playing online.

Sometimes I wish my Wii had a direct link to the net instead of wireless, it would make things a hell of a lot easier =\.
If I may make a suggestion, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Adapter works great. I get two bars and my Wii is in another room, over 30 feet away.

Well, How is Luigi's Meteor Smash? The combos it made in Melee made him God Tier.

Luigi slashed his hand in front of him killed the cat.
I heard that it is still good, but it got a nerf. His bair is supposed to be a better move.

I would love to join the green thunder. Luigi is my main man in all smash games. How do I join?
Luigi's really always been my main and he will be in brawl, so i guess i'd really like to join this clan if ya wouldnt mind, seems to be exactly what im looking for.
Sure I'll add you both.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
There's more information on the Brawl tourney. Sorry about the double-post, but I didn't want to have the tournament go unnoticed.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
There's more information on the Brawl tourney. Sorry about the double-post, but I didn't want to have the tournament go unnoticed.
I would love to join the tourny. I've been trying to register at brawl central but for some reason I cannot get pass the "I Agree on the terms and conditions" page. Can you count me into the tourny?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I would love to join the tourny. I've been trying to register at brawl central but for some reason I cannot get pass the "I Agree on the terms and conditions" page. Can you count me into the tourny?
Did you try clicking "I agree to the terms and conditions?" Anyway, I'll add you to the list.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Did you try clicking "I agree to the terms and conditions?" Anyway, I'll add you to the list.
Haha yeah of course I clicked the "I agree to the terms and conditions" but the page would just refresh over and over again. It wouldn't take me any further. Is there something I must download?

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
If I may make a suggestion, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Adapter works great. I get two bars and my Wii is in another room, over 30 feet away.

I heard that it is still good, but it got a nerf. His bair is supposed to be a better move.

Sure I'll add you both.

I just updated a few things about me so you can put that under my name. To make it easier, I'll list where I live and my wii code right now.

Lakeland, FL

wii code: 0560-2206-4949-2194

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Haha yeah of course I clicked the "I agree to the terms and conditions" but the page would just refresh over and over again. It wouldn't take me any further. Is there something I must download?
Nope, nothing to download, to my knowledge at least. I'll go ahead and add that information you posted though and I added you to the tournament so I'll see you on March 14.

what's up luigi guys?
the sky lolol.... and we have a tournament coming up in a week or so.

Chains

Smash Apprentice
Can I join? Luigi is my melee main and my favorite nintendo charecter of all time. (well, him and Olimar. Shoud i put my wii number up here, or wait till brawl friend code?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Can I join? Luigi is my melee main and my favorite nintendo charecter of all time. (well, him and Olimar. Shoud i put my wii number up here, or wait till brawl friend code?
I'll go ahead and add you and your Wii Friend Code now and feel free to post your Brawl Friend Code later on.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Greetings members of Green Thunder. I am asking for an offer that I give you a choice.

I want you to ally with us, the Smashing at Sonic Speed (SSS for short). We are a Sonic group. But don't judge us by character, judge us by our experience. Unlike you, many of you were 100% assured that Luigi was going to return. You made your group only a week or more after the full roster was confirmed. But our experience is different. Our group was made in early September 2007. A near month before Sonic was confirmed, in that month. We had to face rumors, anti-threads, and sleepless nights. But after confirmation though, we settled down and went into buisness into creating a strong group. We have attracted more then 70 names to our cause. Most of which are inactive but we have our very active members. Our group now ages 7 months. That means 7 months of Brawl talk. We are the oldest still surviving group on SWF. And I think you will benefit well from our alliance.

Sonic and Luigi have and one of the characters overshadowed by Mario for so long. And 2 overshadowed characters makes the shadow that much brighter. If you accept, we will gladly exchange skill when Brawl comes out and test how Sonic and Luigi can work together. If you decline, we will honor your decision and leave quietly. That way we don't antagonize anybody and keep our honor. We don't want to be the 1st on your Rivals list.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I was always a supporter of Sonic's inclusin and I got to admit, that was a convincing post. That said I'll let the rest of the clan help decide. Post your votes on whether or not you want another ally. My vote will go to Sonic.

Sonic:
No Sonic:

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^Good evening I am another representative of the S.S.S! SonicMario has basically covered it all and I couldnt have said it better!

As far as skill exchange in teams go, We have several people who have already played the game (including myself) so we have a knowledge advantage you could say.

Thank you for listening.

(Darnit SM said it all)

-Ciao

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
I'm all for another ally. My vote is for sonic! They presented themselves in a very friendly way. I respect that.

Top Bottom