• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Patches

Smash Master
I'm not at home dude.

And it's the opening kingdom hearts 2 quote, " a scattered dream that's like a far off memory, a far off memory that's like a scattered dream, I want to line up the pieces. Yours, and mine. " with the heartless and the nobody sumbols on both sides respectively. Heartless on the left, nobody on the right. Then I want vines wrapping around the symbols and intertwining through the words, meeting at the middle, connecting. The font kinda looks like the game font. And it's going on my right side.

:phone:

Cruxis

Smash Lord
looft ill play ya?

Cruxis: Hmm.. My tattoo was planned to go from my forearm stretching to the beginning of my wrist. ;-;
My next tat this summer will go from forearm to wrist, ill let u kno how it feels lol

Sounds sick ian u gotta make sure to find a proper artist if u want it to turn out that good

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Damn, good timing dude. I've been meaning to get into the pokemon scene.

Edit: Ruleset? This would be my first Pokemon tourney, so I have no idea what rulesets are usually like. I know of some **** like no evasion-increasing moves, no OHKO moves, sleep clause, no drought+chlorophyyl/drizzle+swift swim on the same team, etc...is the ruleset somewhere on smogon?

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3455193

the ruleset is in the second post in this thread

basically its 2v2 with all of the 'obviously' superstrong pokemon (mewtwo, ho-oh, etc) and all the legendaries only obtainable from events (shaymin, celebi, jirachi, etc) banned, item clause, species clause. you enter with a team of 6 pokemon and choose 4 pokemon to fight each battle. its the rules these official pokemon tournaments have been running for a few years now with slight variations

its kinda weird when youre first getting used to competitive double battles but i know once i finally 'got' it i found it way more fun than singles

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
About 26.3..I've used AR to get rare candies and items and ****, and I've used rare candies to level up my pokemon, but they don't have any hacked IVs/EVs/stats/abilities/moves/etc. I haven't broken any rules, have I? XD

Edit: And I don't plan on using any items that aren't achievable through normal gameplay. Am I good to go?

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
i THINK you should be fine, last year i think the only things they checked were the 6 pokemon you were using

its just hard to give a direct answer because i dont know what exactly nintendo checks when theyre checking for this stuff, like whether they just look at your 6 pokemons stats and moves and stuff or whether they actually like check the games coding, na mean?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Damn, good timing dude. I've been meaning to get into the pokemon scene.
Come to A&C this Sunday. https://m.facebook.com/event.php?eid=252200104862415&full&refid=24

As far as I know, there's no centralized GTA scene for Pokemon. A group of friends I have hosts tournaments of their own every so often, and attends whenever A&C is hosting. More people are always welcome, we'd love to get more regulars. Dom and I are both regular attendees :p

However this Sunday's tournament is very strictly no hacked or RNGed pokemon, and they're very strict on this due to a loooong and charged story regarding one of the locals. I'll spare you the drama and just leave it at only legitimately grinded Pokemon can be used on Sunday.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
The only thing that isn't authentic about my pokemon is that they were levelled up by rare candies that I got using AR.

^Dunno why I didn't say that earlier. Does that count as legitimately grinded? XD

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
That won't matter because it's all going to be done over infrared flat battles, so you're good lol. Your pokemon will all be level 50 automatically.

Which means you need a legit b/w cart because cards don't have IR

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
About 26.3..I've used AR to get rare candies and items and ****, and I've used rare candies to level up my pokemon, but they don't have any hacked IVs/EVs/stats/abilities/moves/etc. I haven't broken any rules, have I? XD

Edit: And I don't plan on using any items that aren't achievable through normal gameplay. Am I good to go?
Things people have been DQ'd from NATIONALS for you wouldn't expect:

511 EVs by accident.
"***-Hat" the Gengar (reason why whenever I use Gengar that's his name)
Multiples of TMs (no longer a problem... HOWEVER TMS STILL DO STACK. IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE IT WILL BE BLATANTLY OBVIOUS.

Some guy had his AR fall out of his DS case... But thankfully nobody noticed. Obviously that could have been bad.

Note the most amusing part of the ***-Hat incident is it made it to like top 8 or something, lol.

*poof vanish*

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
All my pokemon have 508-510 EVs. AR did not affect stats in any way.
And how do you check for 511 EVs? It wouldn't even show up in the stats o.o
I don't know what you mean by TMs stacking, but it's ok. When I used AR on my Black, I did NOT get all the TMs cause my friend told me that if, for example, I already had TM32, and then I picked it up in the story, my game would freeze.

To make it clear, the only thing I did with AR on my Black version was
-Get all the pokeballs, and 900 of each
-Get all the medicine items (hp/pp/status/rare candies), and 900 of each
-Get all the hold items, and 900 of each
-Get all the regular items, and 900 of each (stuff like escape rope, repel, black flute, etc)

Edit: Also, I'm not the one that owns the AR, it's my friend's. And it has broken now, so I won't be bringing one to the tourney.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
... You are aware they do more than just check your cartridge out, right? lol.

They have a program that analyzes the save on your cartridge.

And... 900 of every item will be MIGHTY suspicious.

This also reminds me, I need to actually buy Black or White.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Are you sure they're going to use a program that analyses the save file? Cause even Phiddles isn't sure of that, and he's a 'master' on smogon....soo....

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
lmao, don't get me started on smogon. Can be worse than SWF community-wise.

I know that people have said that sometimes they will check. Do you really want to be D/Q'd over having 900 white flutes? lmao

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Well yeah, I don't want to believe you, cause if I believed you then that means I wouldn't be able to participate in the regional :(

Anyway, atm I'm giving Phiddles more credibility cause he seems more involved in the pokemon scene (apparently you don't even have BW). It doesn't seem like attaining the title of 'master' on smogon is something to do easily, unless I'm mistaken. Furthermore, it doesn't seem like they would let some random n00b make the thread about a regional. And he said last year that they just looked at your team, and he's not sure whether they're going to do the same this year or actually check the coding.

Then you come in and you're telling me they're DEFINITELY going to check the coding. I ask you how you can be so sure, and then you ***** about the smogon community and say "I know that people have said that sometimes they will check"

So I'm aware it's a possibility that I'll get screwed over, I'm getting a "not sure" from someone who seems very involved in the community and I'm getting mixed answers from someone who doesn't even own BW (and I didn't even know you played pokemon until now). How am I supposed to know what to believe ._.

So I figure asking the staff directly is my best choice...would you not agree?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway

You know, to be fair, I kind of stopped playing Pokemon for a year.

There's also this thing I own called a flash cart. However, for reasons I hope should be obvious, that won't fly.

And yes, they will check the coding if they feel like it. You're welcome to believe otherwise, but I know I personally will not be being DQ'd for something silly.

And I myself have in the past asked Mike Leisik about something as simple as a key item mod, back in VGC 2010, and was simply told any unauthorized changes to my game data could result in disqualification.

So go ahead and take your crapshoot, I don't give a ****.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
v115 just for the record, in the attendees list the 'masters' is just an age group, not a title or anything. depending on when you were born you get placed in either the juniors/seniors/masters division

Cruxis

Smash Lord
v115 just for the record, in the attendees list the 'masters' is just an age group, not a title or anything. depending on when you were born you get placed in either the juniors/seniors/masters division
**** phiddles u kill me sometimes man

fUddO

Smash Ace
Gotta say, SD is actaully legit at Pokemone. Only reason he's not top of the ladder is due to the fact that he'd rather troll than actually do serious stuff. *Machamp used Sheer Cold*

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Gotta say, SD is actaully legit at Pokemone. Only reason he's not top of the ladder is due to the fact that he'd rather troll than actually do serious stuff. *Machamp used Sheer Cold*
That team actually did get me near the top of the VGC ladder at the time. I peaked at... second iirc? Probably would have done decently at VGC. We'll see this year, I have some tricks up my sleeves.

I think I still have the team lying around, and I had a text in the same folder I was keeping track of my win-loss ratio.

Ah, VGC '10.

Those were the days.

So wish there were a Gen V version of PPSE-DS. The days of having 200 abomasnow, each nature + both genders + shiny/nonshiny because the editor couldn't edit those xD. Can't just whimsically change up teams when practicing with friends anymore :c

Last year VGC was ***... so I kinda stopped caring.

And Smogon as a whole is a pretty ********, elitist community. Ah, that one smogcast where SDS thought he knew what the hell he was talking about when it came to VGC, lol.

Also HELLZ YEAH LS. HELLZ YEAH.

Top Bottom