• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Falln07

Smash Rookie
Well my big tourneys drawing ever and ever closer. I've got the majority of my AT down fairly solid. Is there anything that you guys would recommend since this is my first large scale tourney besides the ones at gamestops and EB games.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
Don't let pressure get to you. Keep your wits about you, and have some pride in your game. If you make mistakes, say GG, and learn from those mistakes.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
K, this probably sounds nooby, but since I didn't play melee competitively I'm not sure what powershielding is.
How do you do it & what does it do?

kown

Smash Lord
this was my first question too! okay so powershielding ( PS ) is shielding right before someone attacks you. It makes a noise also. the easiest way to hear it is get a projectile opponent and tell him to shoot at you and just shield b4 it hits u. advantages to this is that you can attack right out of it and it doesnt slow you down much.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Bair pinged is your best. Then F smash, and down smash. Other then that you edge guard and chase are your was of kiling.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya pinged Bair is your best. it will kill them at 100ish most of the time, then f smash and d smash at alittle higher then that.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
all killing potential moves:
Bair
Fsmash
Dsmash
Upsmash
Dair
Uair
Fair
Glair
Ftilt
Dash Attack
Fthrow

Others that can kill, but are very rare:
Arrow
Dtilt Spike
WoI
Mirror Shield
Upthrow

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I was wondering, does pit have any "true" combos. If not does he have any combos that tend to work ? i have a bad habbit of doing neurtal A to B> or B> to down-tilt xD. I know down throw to up air works sometimes but is predictable =/

kown

Smash Lord
okay i ahve a question about shielding. SO when someone is shielding thier shield decreases and covers less of thier body. does that mean i can hit someone at thier head as the shield decreases in size?

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
natural combos. Hmm people tend to fall for d-tilt u-air alot. downthrow u-air. faked Upair (fallow their spotdodge) and b-air them.
There are no real natural combos now that i think about it.
Oh and low% glidettack to an aerial.
off the map. f-air jump then mirrorshield. vs wolves and stuff.
Pit has a semi chaingrab though

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
the only inescapable I know of is weak bair to fsmash at high percent. He doesn't have any reliable combos. A few more escapable things like glide attack to upsmash at low percent.

list of all true combos:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=168036

He has some setup ones to. Although they aren't really practical great just for the taunt when you have a big lead.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
natural combos. Hmm people tend to fall for d-tilt u-air alot. downthrow u-air. faked Upair (fallow their spotdodge) and b-air them.
There are no real natural combos now that i think about it.
Oh and low% glidettack to an aerial.
off the map. f-air jump then mirrorshield. vs wolves and stuff.
Pit has a semi chaingrab though
Oh xD i see how a fake would work xD. Also, i should try using the glide more in general. I also forgot he had a chain grab that goes up to 40% on most enemies. Could be useful if executed properly.

Edit: Thanks ryu. I just saw a video of a pit do a glide to up smash xD

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Mk, I didn't really feel like scouring the boards to find this, but...

Which character's recoveries are downb reflectable? I know both fox's and falco's upb are when used from any sort of horizontal positioning, but i didn't feel like finding all the rest...=/ 10lazies.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
this is all off the top of my head so I bet im missing alot, but any attack that is phisical and has a hit box as you hit them can be turned around the same way mario's cap works.

up B's:

Dk, mario, luigi, bowser, fox, wolf, falco, Pit to a degree, marth, ike, diddy might, mk at points I think, squirt, Pika might but I don't think so, ness, lucas, Link and Tlink but is hard to do, Kirby.

over b's:

luigi, fox, wolf, falco, ike, diddy's kick, mk's drill, ic's, squirt's shell, Pika.

(jiggs roll out and puff punch only listing because they are used to recover alot)

Thats all I wanta think of right now.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
No question is stupid, its just down on the joy stick. It's harder to do on a platform, but its best to learn both ways to do it that way you arn't so easy to read.

Pitariolink

Smash Apprentice
i prefer the spot dodge (much easier :) )

btw: i practiced my gliding today, it's going really well, but the glide shifting and the glide hop isn't going very well, anyone has got some tips??

( is use nunchuck)

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I have a weird question that can probably mean nothing. But is it possible to keep looping an arrow even after u died. Lets say in a 2v2 match and u shot an arrow or was looping an arrow while u were killed, is it possible to keep itlooping to maybe support ur teammate even in the slightest way? when he needs it most.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
i prefer the spot dodge (much easier :) )

btw: i practiced my gliding today, it's going really well, but the glide shifting and the glide hop isn't going very well, anyone has got some tips??

its all just practice

( is use nunchuck)
I have a weird question that can probably mean nothing. But is it possible to keep looping an arrow even after u died. Lets say in a 2v2 match and u shot an arrow or was looping an arrow while u were killed, is it possible to keep itlooping to maybe support ur teammate even in the slightest way? when he needs it most.
Ya you can keep it up if you have one going.

Top Bottom