• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jigglypuff...grab release thread? (lol wut?)

Veril

Frame Savant
On stages like japes you are more often in a position to grab someone off the ledge. Since that is a great Jiggs stage, and the water cancels the rest, the wario release combo might be useful.

MrEh

Smash Hero
In that case, Wario is proper screwed. :p

Also, I never thought of Japes. The water stopping your Rest makes me remember something. When I was testing ledge releases, I think I was able to Rest Shiek out of a ledge jump release. I didn't think it was practical at the time, since it would kill Jiggs.

Now that you mention the water though, I think you may be able to Rest Sheik out of a jump release at the ledge. If you fast fall and have perfect timing, I think it may be possible. Plus, if you mess up, the water will save you! XD

illinialex24

Smash Hero
In that case, Wario is proper screwed. :p

Also, I never thought of Japes. The water stopping your Rest makes me remember something. When I was testing ledge releases, I think I was able to Rest Shiek out of a ledge jump release. I didn't think it was practical at the time, since it would kill Jiggs.

Now that you mention the water though, I think you may be able to Rest Sheik out of a jump release at the ledge. If you fast fall and have perfect timing, I think it may be possible. Plus, if you mess up, the water will save you! XD
Nice, that should be pretty epic. I can see the uses :)

MrEh

Smash Hero
Nice, that should be pretty epic. I can see the uses
It might work on Fox as well. I'll test it again...

awesome thread... ive been screwing with grs for a while with jiggs and i was wondering if the fsmash was always consistent with wario.
The Fsmash will always work on Wario out of a jump release. Just mash your Cstick. It won't sweetspot though, which makes it kind of useless.

also where is your sig from. i must know.
Italian Spiderman. The greatest thing known to man.

He has the power to throw his mustache, have unlimited amounts of sex appeal, control the minds of spiders and penguins, and the power to make motorcycles larger. :p

Glick

Smash Lord
I love how metaknight is the only one fair sweet spots off the ledge. This will kill him at like... 50?

MrEh

Smash Hero
Awww hellz yeah. Does ledge rest work at all? Cause that would just be an amazing taunt.
Not on Meta. :(

It's not guaranteed, but I've managed to land it on Shiek several times. If Shiek jumps, which is very easy to force on Japes, since she'll land in the water otherwise, she can get hit by it super easily.

I'm still trying to test whether or not it works without her jumping. Because I think I can, but I'm just a few frames off. ><

Veril

Frame Savant
Not on Meta. :(

It's not guaranteed, but I've managed to land it on Shiek several times. If Shiek jumps, which is very easy to force on Japes, since she'll land in the water otherwise, she can get hit by it super easily.

I'm still trying to test whether or not it works without her jumping. Because I think I can, but I'm just a few frames off. ><
If Shiek falls in the water we have a bunch of ways to mess her up.

MrEh

Smash Hero
If Shiek falls in the water we have a bunch of ways to mess her up.
Then I guess it's a win win situation either way.

If you hit Shiek, then she suffers massive damage. If you miss, then she probably fell in the water. If she tries her Uair, I think you can Perfect Rest though that.

So yeah, good fun all around against Shiek on Japes.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Then I guess it's a win win situation either way.

If you hit Shiek, then she suffers massive damage. If you miss, then she probably fell in the water. If she tries her Uair, I think you can Perfect Rest though that.

So yeah, good fun all around against Shiek on Japes.
Nice, so Japes is amazing for another reason on Sheik.

MrEh

Smash Hero
And remember, this isn't gonna be a valid kill option on Japes, but a damage one, because Japes sucks for rest. The ceiling is way too high.
Yeah, I know. All that Bowser talk makes me dislike Japes. (Well, at least when I'm using Bowser. :p)

Survivng Bowser's Uair at 95% is pretty sexy.

Veril

Frame Savant
Right before she disappears?
Yeah, or after/as she appears.

You might want to check out grab-releases on slopes. Grabbing on a slope slanted upwards enough for us to slope-dash causes an instant jump break. The DACUS might work vs. more characters.

BTW, those slopes exist on:

Yoshi's story (Melee), Pirate Ship (landfall), Castle Siege (final part), That crap sonic stage, Parts of Pokemon stadium, the beach in Delfino, etc.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Yoshi's story (Melee), Pirate Ship (landfall), Castle Siege (final part), That crap sonic stage, Parts of Pokemon stadium, the beach in Delfino, etc.
Oh crap, I never thought of this. ><

*runs off to test*

EDIT: Okay, I did some testing on Yoshi's Island. The slope is 90 degrees over there, so I thought it would be a good place to try. Plus, the stage doesn't transform, making the testing quick.

Okay, it looks like Jigglypuff has a WPWALATDSIC DACUS on a few characters, but it's so freaking hard to test this, since the slope screws with a lot of things. And sadly, landing the DACUS depends on the slope, and all of those stages have different slopes.

Peach, Kirby, Ivysaur and Olimar are all viable on Yoshi's Island. I'm not even going to try the transformation stages, I'm not patient enough. ><

So yeah, no guaranteed DACUS here. I'm not even going to bother updating the OP, since this information really doesn't help. Too situational. It was a nice idea though. :(

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I am very concerned. As nice as Jigglypuff is, I hope she doesn't have an infinite on Ness. Does she have an Infinite on Ness? I looked at the OP and it said it has one thing on Ness, the first one but other characters have more things that Jiggs can do to them that are nasty. So I hope that it means Jigglypuff can grab release anyone but Ness or my other favorite characters don't get the worst of it. I would be much better if Metaknight or Snake or ROB or GaW would get worse stuff to them done by Jiggs instead.

Veril

Frame Savant
I am very concerned. As nice as Jigglypuff is, I hope she doesn't have an infinite on Ness. Does she have an Infinite on Ness? I looked at the OP and it said it has one thing on Ness, the first one but other characters have more things that Jiggs can do to them that are nasty. So I hope that it means Jigglypuff can grab release anyone but Ness or my other favorite characters don't get the worst of it. I would be much better if Metaknight or Snake or ROB or GaW would get worse stuff to them done by Jiggs instead.
Its not an infinite, its just a grab-release regrab. Frustrating and sh**y but not an infinite. It can in certain areas lead directly into a WL rest however, so a grab on any level with a steep enough slope can mean instant death for the Earthbound kids.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
MrEh, you sir, are beyond genius.
And funny to boot.

---

Why are you all dis'n sing, it has its uses, I will prove it.
not with frame data though cause I don't know how to....

I shall find a way to use sing as a sheild!

This is my promise!

MrEh

Smash Hero
I am very concerned. As nice as Jigglypuff is, I hope she doesn't have an infinite on Ness. Does she have an Infinite on Ness?
What Veril said.

Jigglypuff does not pummel fast enough to force multiple ground releases, so this is a pretty crappy chaingrab. The chaingrab has a good use on Lucas though.

If Lucas ground releases, then grab him again. If he jump releases, then DACUS!

illinialex24

Smash Hero
What Veril said.

Jigglypuff does not pummel fast enough to force multiple ground releases, so this is a pretty crappy chaingrab. The chaingrab has a good use on Lucas though.

If Lucas ground releases, then grab him again. If he jump releases, then DACUS!
I think she can pummel fast enough but you have to be smart. I just hold shield and continually press A. It works the best.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Me again. You could use rest on sheik at pirate ship methinks....there is water down there after all.

And you forgot another grab release against Wario: Sing. I'm fairly sure it would work. I'm just too lazy to try myself. It's a good way to embarrass him. XD Get Wario to over 100% or what ever the number is -> Grab -> Sing -> Rest

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Me again. You could use rest on sheik at pirate ship methinks....there is water down there after all.

And you forgot another grab release against Wario: Sing. I'm fairly sure it would work. I'm just too lazy to try myself. It's a good way to embarrass him. XD Get Wario to over 100% or what ever the number is -> Grab -> Sing -> Rest
Yeah but you also have to deal with the fact that on the left side, you can get caught under the boat and die...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike makes it back easily from walk-off Dairing into the water and he doesn't move as quickly as Jigglypuff does in the air. The water doesn't push you that quickly. Just don't be dumb and stay in the water that long and you should be fine.

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice
Hey, MrEh, did you test any of these with sing? Please make that move more useful. :<

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
No, sing has no affect of aerial opponents doesn't and I'm currently doing research on sing anyways, so DJ Kat, if you have any recommendations for where to guide some of my research please speak up on my profile and I'll see what happens :)
same goes for anyone who has some helpful ideas to test. In fact I'll be making a sing thread soon with the things I learn, and ways to use them practically.

Of course I've only just started but it will be up in the next week or so.

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice
Does the sing hitbox even hit aerial opponents?
Yeah, it doesn't, but I was assuming with Wario's grab release, he had to hit the ground before he could do anything. >_> I've never got the chance to use a grab release in my life... well... except for Snake..

No, sing has no affect of aerial opponents doesn't and I'm currently doing research on sing anyways, so DJ Kat, if you have any recommendations for where to guide some of my research please speak up on my profile and I'll see what happens :)
same goes for anyone who has some helpful ideas to test. In fact I'll be making a sing thread soon with the things I learn, and ways to use them practically.

Of course I've only just started but it will be up in the next week or so.
Well, other than counter attacks with sing, (like the space animal's phantasm/ illusions) which is absurdly difficult to do anyways, I've got no other idea how to use it. *Shrugs* ... It'd be a nice tech chase if the range was wider, no? >:\

MrEh

Smash Hero
Yeah, it doesn't, but I was assuming with Wario's grab release, he had to hit the ground before he could do anything. >_> I've never got the chance to use a grab release in my life... well... except for Snake..
Wario regains control about halfways before hitting the ground, so it wouldn't work.

Top Bottom