• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jigglypuff...grab release thread? (lol wut?)

Veril

Frame Savant
Ah yes, so I used the grab-release rest on a wario friend of mine. We were playing on Smashville and I grabbed him again off the platform. Instead of Jump-breaking though, he just let himself ground release off the platform. So I footstool hopped him into the jab lock setup.

Ground-release off platform to footstool hop to edgeguard/jab-lock. Might be worth looking into.

I put this thread in my links/general info/rules thread.

PND

Smash Champion
I've had Corneria own some tether recoveries before. I laugh my *** of every time it happens.

Veril

Frame Savant
Infinites and 0-D combos?

If you are able to grab-release wario into a footstool hop Jiggs might have an infinite on him. Her n-air and f-air both have jab-lock properties and once started we could theoretically jab-lock from one end of the stage to the other, pivot grab, footstool and repeat until ending with a grab-release rest.

Also, footstool hop > falling pound may be a true combo. I haven't tested it but it seems cool.

In fact, a low footstool hop may always lead to death vs. some characters since a jab lock always leads into rest. It definitely does against Lucas and Ness since you can jab-lock into a pivot grab into a grab-release regrab chain.

Edit: I believe that on Luigi's mansion under the ceilings, a grab will = death vs. Lucas, Ness or Wario and possibly others. Again, not yet tested.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
If you are able to grab-release wario into a footstool hop Jiggs might have an infinite on him. Her n-air and f-air both have jab-lock properties and once started we could theoretically jab-lock from one end of the stage to the other, pivot grab, footstool and repeat until ending with a grab-release rest.

Also, footstool hop > falling pound may be a true combo. I haven't tested it but it seems cool.

In fact, a low footstool hop may always lead to death vs. some characters since a jab lock always leads into rest. It definitely does against Lucas and Ness since you can jab-lock into a pivot grab into a grab-release regrab chain.

Edit: I believe that on Luigi's mansion under the ceilings, a grab will = death vs. Lucas, Ness or Wario and possibly others. Again, not yet tested.
Peach has an infinite on Wario because of footstool to jab lock, so this seems very likely. I think that footstooling forces the getup anamation, which would mean they can't tech roll/getup attack, so you could regrab. I'm not entirley sure though.

EDIT: Link to the Peach infinite on Wario:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214599 Hopefully we can learn something from this.

Veril

Frame Savant
But we have to be able to force a jump release on Wario. If not, it isn't guaranteed, he just has to screw up.
True, but I'm confident we'll find a way. Also... platforms. That always works.

Peach has an infinite on Wario because of footstool to jab lock, so this seems very likely. I think that footstooling forces the getup anamation, which would mean they can't tech roll/getup attack, so you could regrab. I'm not entirley sure though.

EDIT: Link to the Peach infinite on Wario:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214599 Hopefully we can learn something from this.
Yes, I read this, it gave me the idea. Footstooling doesn't force the getup, the lock does. Fortunately, we have ample tools to lock. You can regrab.

Pivot grab to grab-release regrab makes Jab locks very deadly vs. the Earthbound kids.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
True, but I'm confident we'll find a way. Also... platforms. That always works.

Yes, I read this, it gave me the idea. Footstooling doesn't force the getup, the lock does. Fortunately, we have ample tools to lock. You can regrab.

Pivot grab to grab-release regrab makes Jab locks very deadly vs. the Earthbound kids.
I despise these children, so anything to beat their faces in is very helpful information. Also in other news that should be our next weekly match-up we haven't done a weekly match-up in a few weeks lol.

Veril

Frame Savant
I despise these children, so anything to beat their faces in is very helpful information. Also in other news that should be our next weekly match-up we haven't done a weekly match-up in a few weeks lol.
Watch yo' self! I used to main Lucas!

Yeah, a missed tech for them = death.

It is possible to footstool hop Wario from a grab-release but I'm unsure if its 100% effective. Regardless, given the jab-lock > pivot grab > grab-released rest combo, jab locking Wario is really really effective.

Jab lock vs. Lucas is really deadly since you can: jab-lock > pivot grab > grab-release regrab repeat > grab-release DACUS.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
This thread is awesome, man. Great work. Also, I looked up Italian Spiderman is equaly awesome.

Actally, I'd really like to use some on this stuff. In your first post, I recomend making small groupings of all the characters that Jiggs can can use each technique on. One for Up taunt, one for Dacus, one for aerial moves, and anything usable on Wario. I think it would just be easier to remember that way.

Veril

Frame Savant
I love this thread. It has helped me immensely against Wario. Thank's again MrEh.

I've used all of the Wario grab-releases in actual matches as well as the footstool hop.

Top Bottom