• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Got it at 1pm today, started around 2
Just ended at 11pm

Just entered Lanaryu Desert, I'm going pretty fast I see! I don't mind the pacing, the biggest problem I had was against the Earth Temple boss, whenever I wanted to use my item, I held it for too long and the menu popped up. Seriously, can't we make the UI slightly more customizable? Like, hold-time and the ability to add a minimap of sorts?

Motion problems ended for me once I realized that if Link ends his sword slash he can't REALLY teleport to the other side, you gotta wait for the animation and move from the point his sword ended at.

Also, I slashed 3 Cubes and only got 1 treasure chest. wtf?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Speaking of Goddess Cubes, anyone know how to get to the treasure chest eastmost of Skyloft on that isolated island? I'm pretty far into the game (6th dungeon) so I figure it's only a matter of figuring out how to go about the process.

Also, I'm shocked as to how the SS bundle Wiimote is fetching such high bid prices on eBay. With $50+ price you figure people would just try to get the bundle you know?

obv :012:

D

Deleted member

I'm having absolutely no issues with the motion controls. :/

And I'm only at the third area before the third dungeon in the game, yet I've been playing it since it came out. I'm really just into exploring in this game...like, more than any other Zelda.

Ecks

Smash Lord
LOL Anybody made the toilet sidequest yet? Has a funny ending (has two different endings actually)

kupo15

Smash Hero
I didn't play a lot of TP on the Wii, but I seem to recall it being pretty different. The waggle was basically just a replacement for the B button . Different angled slashes did not matter at all and I don't remember being able to do diagonal slashes anyhow.
SS sword is also waggle triggered as well, the only difference is that you can control the direction of the slashes. The issue I have is that it is still waggle triggered with preset slash animations instead of being true 1:1 as advertised. How can you not feel that its the same as TP?
Also, if you're having trouble with Bokoblins that's pretty hilarious and it makes sense that you would blame it on the controls lol.
Bobkins are easy. Actually if you don't Z target them you can just slash them without having to worry about where they are blocking most of the time. Kinda kills the whole concept of the game.

The motion control works like 85% of the time for me. Sometimes it thinks I'm slashing down when I'm slashing horizontally, which is weird. But that doesn't happen often. Thrusting is also tricky. ****ing Skulltulas :mad:

Actually, when I played today, the controls were a lot more fluid than when I played yesterday. I dunno why.
This is what I've been experiencing too

Honestly, if the sword controls where actually 1:1, I wouldn't mind it as it is starting to grow on me. But its not 1:1 unfortunately

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to Gayspots shipping(even though i preordered it) , I just got the game today at night.

So far, its fun. The motion control was surprisingly responsive. One thing I didnt like though, was some of the sensitvity with some aspects of the game, like the flying, for example. When I was flying the Bird, I accidently moved my arm to left a little, and the WHOLE freakin bird did a full 360! I mean, I understand responsiveness, but damn, you really gotta LOCK that **** in place, and really tilt it, it seems.

cloneofshadow

Smash Cadet
Thanks to Gayspots shipping(even though i preordered it) , I just got the game today at night.

So far, its fun. The motion control was surprisingly responsive. One thing I didnt like though, was some of the sensitvity with some aspects of the game, like the flying, for example. When I was flying the Bird, I accidently moved my arm to left a little, and the WHOLE freakin bird did a full 360! I mean, I understand responsiveness, but damn, you really gotta LOCK that **** in place, and really tilt it, it seems.

The flying isn't bad if you've played the Fluzzard levels in Super Mario Galaxy 2. That bird looks and flies the same as in Skyward Sword. I didn't even need the tutorial .

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
playing the harp is REALLY fun and its REALLY well done and it gave me massive goosebumps

the boss battle after learning it is even better jezus ****

etecoon

Smash Hero
gotta disagree on the harp, it's maybe the worst part of the controls and the lumpy pumpkin concert was terrible

just got to lanayru sand sea, this area is amazing. some issues with motion controls and text speed/hand holding aside, this is probably going to be my favorite game in the series unless something goes terribly wrong later

etecoon

Smash Hero
if that's where you draw the line then pretty much every post in this topic is a spoiler

Ecks

Smash Lord
The harp and the bug net were a nightmare to control for me. With the harp, you just have to go with the flow and it'll play flawlessly. Took me a long time to get it right though (which gave me a bigger sense of accomplishment than it should have). With the net I just had to get it out of my head that it doesn't control like the sword.

Also, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RFt0uhQoOqM

cloneofshadow

Smash Cadet
Can someone tell me when I unlock
Boss Rush mode?
I'm almost close to finishing the
Fire Sanctuary
. Do I get it in the next area or what. I need it for rupee farming.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Hmm I'm only on the 2nd dungeon and I just found out future places after reading this. I think I'll avoid this place for a while from now on.

:phone:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Just completed the Skyview Temple. Currently scouring through Skyloft for extra stuff before I advance.

I get so immersed with my games that I actually get guilty when I do things the game says I shouldn't do. Just smashing the chandelier at the Lumpy Pumpkin made me feel bad, LOL.

cloneofshadow

Smash Cadet
Just completed the Skyview Temple. Currently scouring through Skyloft for extra stuff before I advance.

I get so immersed with my games that I actually get guilty when I do things the game says I shouldn't do. Just smashing the chandelier at the Lumpy Pumpkin made me feel bad, LOL.
The new chandelier will look nice when its finished though.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
You guys need a spoiler tutorial segment.

"There is a 95% chance that when your entire post is spoiled that it is impossible for others to know what part of the game you are spoiling. As this is a new game and most people have not beaten it, it's very likely that you are at a different point of the game than someone else. To clarify, you should put a vague notice about the general area of the game you are talking about. For instance, before you write some spoilery stuff for the third dungeon, you would say "Third dungeon spoilers:" and THEN put the stuff in spoiler tags. This way someone who has the game but is only on dungeon 2 knows not to click the spoilers, whereas someone on dungeon 4 will know that he's already played that. There is a 100% chance that this will ensure everyone is happy and unspoiled and able to talk freely about the game at the same time."

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
there's a CHANDELIER at the lumpy pumpkin?

should've used spoiler tags :(
Very funny. There is a world of difference between this and the (3rd dungeon spoilers)
time splitting mechanic
. One is a MAJOR gameplay mechanic and is surely going to play a big role in the story. The other is a small aesthetic in a sidequest very very early on in the game. Your comparison to the Pumpkin Bar is bad. You are bad. You ruined a good joke idea.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I happen to think that the chandelier is very important to the narrative of the lumpy pumpkin.

cloneofshadow

Smash Cadet
You guys need a spoiler tutorial segment.

"There is a 95% chance that when your entire post is spoiled that it is impossible for others to know what part of the game you are spoiling. As this is a new game and most people have not beaten it, it's very likely that you are at a different point of the game than someone else. To clarify, you should put a vague notice about the general area of the game you are talking about. For instance, before you write some spoilery stuff for the third dungeon, you would say "Third dungeon spoilers:" and THEN put the stuff in spoiler tags. This way someone who has the game but is only on dungeon 2 knows not to click the spoilers, whereas someone on dungeon 4 will know that he's already played that. There is a 100% chance that this will ensure everyone is happy and unspoiled and able to talk freely about the game at the same time."
You forgot the "Master" part. That what makes Fi annoying and awesome at the same time.

cloneofshadow

Smash Cadet
...Uh, no I don't. I'm on the 3rd dungeon.

and you messed up my spoiler
Meh. That dungeon was mainly about the
Gust Bellow with tacked on time puzzles at the end

Later on in the game DUNGEON SPOILER!!!!

You'll get to a whole pirate ship theme dungeon thats on a pirate ship heavily based on going back and forward through time.. Link rides a boat like in Wind Waker and gets an awesome cannon with it. You go to this old abandon city and ride on the Minecarts. Then end it with an awesome squid battle.

etecoon

Smash Hero
future pirate ship was amazing. giant squid is amazing. sand sea as a whole was great, love the speedboat, flying should've used a similar boost mechanic that quickly recharges instead of the 3 feathers IMO, at least added more feathers...

prolly not going to get to play much tomorrow :/ saved just before the third trial, I hated the faron trial but the lanayru one wasn't bad, much flatter terrain and fewer unwelcome surprises

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
here it is again

TL:DR

Let us know the general area you are mentioning in the spoiler tags. A post that is just a black bar says absolutely nothing and nobody is going to want to click it unless they've beaten the game

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Now waiting for the spin off. Legend of Groose and his manly muscles.

And I'm still wondering why they made Fi sound like a female T-pain. Dat auto-tune.

Also, just started happening and I've failed to mention it. Is anyone getting a bunch of dead pixels, specifically during "scenes"? I heard it's a wii related problem, but if anyone knows why...much thanks.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
No, mine are black. It's pretty apparent on my 50+ inch HD TV z.z...

Did some googling....not sure if the whole, leaving Wii on standby + wii connect 24 results in overheating one of the GPUs...but that may be the case.

Top Bottom