• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
the technical part about types of files and moving them. sorry im just a bit tired.
The only thing you really need to know about files is that Replay files transfer human inputs* and things like Stage/BGM and the all important Random Seed.

*It does not transfer computer inputs which can be seen when comparing the same replay on a no-trip Wii and a trip-enabled Wii. Most easily observed by a taunt input by the CPU after you die at a point you didn't actually die at (desynched because of a trip where there wasn't one on the original file).

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
The only thing you really need to know about files is that Replay files transfer human inputs* and things like Stage/BGM and the all important Random Seed.

*It does not transfer computer inputs which can be seen when comparing the same replay on a no-trip Wii and a trip-enabled Wii. Most easily observed by a taunt input by the CPU after you die at a point you didn't actually die at (desynched because of a trip where there wasn't one on the original file).
righto chap, righto,

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm thinking of having the next New Orleans Not Quite Monthly on the 24th. This will give us a nice warm up to LAST. I'll have my final decision at some point tomorrow in regards to this. When I was at Dibbz, Mike was asking me when I wanted to host another one.

MK would be banned. I'll try some different stages due to the discussion we had, etc.

-Ran

Smash Master
Dibbz will only let them occur on Sundays, and I am limited to ONE Saturday off a month at work; however I always have Sunday off. Typically the one Saturday I have off is used to go out of town, and so Sunday is really the only logical choice for me. =/

And you're up cause I'm up.

-Ran

Smash Master
Well by golly if Lee agrees...

What side event?

1. Brawl + * Requires at least four people to bring hacked Wiis.
2. Teams
3. Low Tier
4. Random Only.
5. Free For All with Items? =P

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
A random only tournament would be pretty cool.

Also, we need Melee setups for Friday. We won't need as many as we usually have for Brawl, so 4-6 should work. I'll have at least one setup myself.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'll bring a Melee set-up for this weekend and I'll bring a Harked Wii (or at least one I'm willing to get harked) for Brawl+ and vBrawl for the DIBBZ tourney. (PS, that means I want B+)

Ran, you know I don't actually care about the Sudnay thing anymore. We've gone over it like..30 times. XD

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
I dont have a hacked wii. I know there is a new way to do it but I really dont want to use the knew waqy because it sounds like it could be trouble for the next wii update.

I guess its what I get for procrastinating on getting the HB channel

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I vote item standard tournament. I'll get the ruleset from Vaughn, cuz I think it'd be fantastic to try again and that ya'll would love it.

Or Low Tear. I'm definitely down for the 24th though, and probably up for smashing like... That ENTIRE weekend. Lol.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i know me and pierre have great team chemistry....but i now i have to admit to myself our characters simply donnot benefit each other at all. Pierre's lucas needs a projectiler to heal him at times for lucas to be more team viable, and my DK needs someone who has better defenses so i dont get double teamed as easily.
not sure who i wanna team with....options?

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Like, that's just what I'm talking about. I don't want to play a game where all the person has to do is avoid as long as possible, rush in for a few good hits, and then keep avoiding. I'd say that's borderline stalling. I mean, ONE stock taken from each other in an 8 minute match is just ridiculous.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I might be able to come to that tourney as well...especially if there's a low tier tournament, too. :p

Sudai

Stuff here
Psyfish, a team I'd really like to see is you and Hyro. The stage control would be ridiculous and Hyro's projectiles could probably cover you from 2v1s well.

Sudai

Stuff here
Exactly. : )

It's a team I've wanted to see for a while but never brought it up since you always teamed with Pierre...and I'm kind of scared of it. <.<;;

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Yo guys I'm a college freshman in NJ right now but my parents just moved to Lafayette, Louisiana so I was wondering if you could fill me in on the melee smash scene, especially for this summer. I've gone to a decent number of tournaments in Jersey (No Johns, SPOC, APEX) and I'd love to get involved in Louisiana too. Get back to me.

Sudai

Stuff here
Melee tourneys are basically non-existent in LA (with this Friday being the exception), however there's a lot of us that still play Melee. Shoot me a PM when you get down or something and let me know when you're free and I'm sure I can get people together to play if you want. : )

Top Bottom