• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
**** yeah Brawl+!!

If any people come in with a name similar to mine with no post and post saying they're coming to the DIBBZ tourney and want Brawl+, I swear it's not me...I swear.

-Ran

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7384524#post7384524

Lot's of changes.

Date: May 24, 2009.

6850 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie, LA

Time:
11 AM till Completion.
I will close registration at 12:00

Entry Fee:
8$ and 2$ venue fee= 10$ total (singles) Side Event-5$ a person.

Format and Rules

• Singles Split: 55/30/10/5
  • MK is banned.
  • No items.
  • Three Stocks.
  • Time Limit will be set to eight minutes. Ties determined by percent/stock.
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
  • Bring your own controller.
  • Advanced slob picks
  • Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
  • Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs.
  • Any dispute will for port / who strikes first will be determined by a coin flip or a dice roll.
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • Stalling is banned.
  • Excessive ledge-stalling is banned and will be enforced in the following method: A Player may only remain off the stage or on a ledge for a maximum of 5 ledge re-grabs (with one extra re-grab provided for leniency) before the Player's character must land on the stage or its platforms. Should a Player exceed the 6 re-grabs without touching the stage, he/she will be required to forfeit their current stock. Further violations will result in forfeit of match and forfeit of tournament set.
  • Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc.
  • The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

Stage List:
Starter:
* Lylat
*Final Destination
*Battlefield
*Smashville
*Yoshi's Island.

Counterpick:
*Delfino Plaza
*Castle Siege
*Frigate Orpheon
*Battleship Halberd
*Rainbow Cruise
*Brinstar
*Pokemon Stadium 1

Banned:
*Everything else.

IMPORTANT INFO TO BE SPECIFIED.
The way we do level striking is, we take turns striking out levels UNTIL ONE is left. So you don't have to worry about ANY ones you dislike.

Additional
Anyone who is capable of bringing a Wii/TV will be much appreciated. For a tournament such as this to work effectively, we need to have at least eight TVs.

The side event is up for grabs at the moment. Doing a vote in the regional thread at the moment for it.

After recent discussion in our thread, I have decided to reduce the initial stages for starter to five. This removed Delfino and Castle Siege as a starter. Rather than reducing it to the three true neutrals as I was leaning towards, I decided to insure that there is more choice in the striking process by leaving it at five. I decided that I would follow the stages that were used during Apex.

Set-ups
PLEASE let me know if you can bring a set up. Dibbz has 2 tv's but i'd like at least 8-10.
1. Ran Iji - Tv / Brawl / Wii/ Power Strips
2. Dibbz - Tv x2

Headcount
1. Ran Iji

Curlz

Smash Lord
Whoa. Two Lafayette smashers joiing in the course of a week. How badass!

As for the Lafayette Monthlies I will probably help run them as far as brackets, rules, food, and whatnot. This weekend I'm asking around for anyone willing to have Brawl Monthlies.

-Ran

Smash Master
Speaking of food. This tournament make sure you bring some spare bucks. Midway through I'm going to place an order at Dominoes for Pizza.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Lafayette Monthlies will run similar to this.

Rules

Singles Split: 55/30/10/5
MK is banned.
No items.
Three Stocks.
Time Limit will be set to seven minutes. Ties determined by percent/stock.
All sets will be 2/3, Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Championship will be 3/5
Bring your own controller.
Advanced slob picks
Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs.
Any dispute will for port / who strikes first will be determined by a coin flip or a dice roll.
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
Stalling is banned.
Excessive ledge-stalling is banned and will be enforced in the following method: A Player may only remain off the stage or on a ledge for a maximum of 5 ledge re-grabs (with one extra re-grab provided for leniency) before the Player's character must land on the stage or its platforms. Should a Player exceed the 6 re-grabs without touching the stage, he/she will be required to forfeit their current stock. Further violations will result in forfeit of match and forfeit of tournament set.
Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc.
The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

Stage List:
Starter:
* Lylat
*Final Destination
*Battlefield
*Smashville
*Yoshi's Island.

Counterpick:
*Delfino Plaza
*Castle Siege
*Frigate Orpheon
*Rainbow Cruise
*Pokemon Stadium 1

Banned:
*Everything else.

Edit: Yes, I did copy/paste the New Orleans Monthly ruleset with a few minor changes.
Edit2: Also, If Cyphus and Pierre aren't teaming up, I wouldn't mind teaming up with Pierre. A Double Lucas would be amazing!

Sudai

Stuff here
Lylat, Delfino, and Frigate should be taken off too then.

Lylat literally won a tourney for me when Cyphus came off to spike me and he died because the stage tilted away and he couldn't get back, but I got back.

Delfino can kill by people getting hit into the water when the stage is transforming.

Frigate kills on flips.

Sudai

Stuff here
Sometimes.. It really depends on my mood. I have 3 settings when it comes to noobs: Destroy, Help, Ignore.

I don't see how that has to do with the situation at hand, however.

H

hitsukun

I live in new orleans and met arcadia15x on allisbrawl...decided to come check this forum out... im interested in this tournament at dibbz...

i play smash64 offline and brawl. if i had the equipment i would play it online. lol

Curlz

Smash Lord
Lylat, Delfino, and Frigate should be taken off too then.

Lylat literally won a tourney for me when Cyphus came off to spike me and he died because the stage tilted away and he couldn't get back, but I got back.

Delfino can kill by people getting hit into the water when the stage is transforming.

Frigate kills on flips.
This whole post made me overthink my decision. Therefor destroying my self-esteem for me to make decisions on my own. :'[

-Ran

Smash Master
Welcome to Smashboards, in the previous pages [probably five back?] we just posted some generic information for the latest new guy that you might want to read. We have a tournament coming up on the 24th at Dibbz, and LAST is going to be HUGE in Baton Rouge on the 30th. [Probably over 100 people.]

H

hitsukun

well i cant wait for those tournaments...btw i hoped metaknight gets banned... i hate that "thing"

Curlz

Smash Lord
Basic rules for the new guy. This should probably go on the first post.

Butthole = Good
******* = Bad
Shyguy and Icemans or both OG's (don't question them)
If you're new you aren't allowed to insult Batto
Majority of the people on here post while intoxicated (alcohol, drugs, etc)
Cyphus's Beard = Greater than Chuck Norris
Dibbz = A LAN gaming center in New Orleans where many friendlies take place.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Jesus sudai you need to smoke some ganja dawg.

*this is directed to the post above me.

You forgot to mention that all new posters are "You Bi"

So if you a new poster, you bi.

H

hitsukun

sounds good... as long as you dont try to put your ***** in my butthole we're good...unless its on wednesdays

-Ran

Smash Master
I find it hilarious how quickly new people attach themselves with the random memes. So desperate to fit in. =|

Curlz

Smash Lord
I wonder if any of them understand?
I still don't understand half the **** that goes on in here.

Edit: I'm off to bed. Talk to yall later!

Sudai

Stuff here
I mean, it doesn't really matter. Until people actually do fit in we just make fun of them when they try to use the memes but the fail. Plus, we'll always have the ones that even some of the people that've been here for a year or two don't know about even though we use them all the time.

Whelp, I'm going to sleep, for no reason.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
I vote Low tier. We had brawl plus tourney last dibbz monthly:/ LOW tier is awesome even though personally i'd rather teams but i see no votes for teams? wtf why teams is Wayyyyyy more fun that singles.. umm i guess +1 for Low tier..

-Ran

Smash Master
Hm... I kinda forgot to put teams. O.O;

Restart the vote. I really don't feel like running Brawl + this time. I will however hack Wiis this tournament so that the NEXT monthly will be able to have adequate set ups for Brawl +. I'm really really scared of running Brawl + right now since the last time I had only one set up for 30% of the tournament.

Vote:
Teams
Low Tier

GO GO GO .

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Well, I took another good ****** from the ole Nik tonight. Whoever thinks they're the worst, schedule a fight with me so you can boost my self esteem. Whoever thinks they're the best, **** you, I'll pull your ****in sternum out and drain the blood from your heart with a crazy straw. Which would kinda be sausome.

Edit: Sudai, what're you wearin?

Top Bottom