• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Brawl + could be fun. Haven't played it yet, but I hear that Ivysaur is ****.

Avery

Smash Cadet
Haha, sounds like I'm gonna come in and dominate melee. :p jk
Ha, dont be so certain (although I did note the jk). Although theres a lack of tournaments here, were not scrubs and have quite a few able-bodied melee players who have mains across the two highest tiers (aside from ICs) but there is definitely a competitive although not thriving scene. But Im sure everyone who does play would be quite interested to meet/play you so drop a line whenever you get in ^_^.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Seriously, if we could get that Melee apprentice program/tournament going on during the summer it would be soooo fun/ballin'. Fa realz. Plus it'll help all the LA people get to know each other better.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Brawl + could be fun. Haven't played it yet, but I hear that Ivysaur is ****.
razor leaf, I found is a few frames faster, though I can't use Ivysaur anymore, I'm still strict PT however my best is Squirtle. I feel mortified to say that I could literally not short hop with any character where I could do it with my own doing, but with the exception of squirtle. If you didn't know any better, you would say that I had been playing the game for quite some time, but no, first time, short hopping like crazy like I do in Brawl with Squirtle. >.>

Squirtle is massive **** imo.

balladechina212

Smash Ace
I'll be chilling in Lafayette from the beginning of July to mid-September. I'll help organize stuff if you guys get me started and introduced to some people.

-Ran

Smash Master
Seems like our scene just grew by a few people in a week. Lol.

Current Side Event Votes:
BrawlPlus + 2
Low Tier +3
FFA Items +3
Random Only +1

Tournament WILL be happening on the 24th. Just got the OK from Mike. Starts at noon, more information to be posted later.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
I'll be chilling in Lafayette from the beginning of July to mid-September. I'll help organize stuff if you guys get me started and introduced to some people.
you should be around just in time for mechacon, I believe its in july sometime after genesis. Eithere that or Im thinking of my birthday. last year there was no melee station though.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
Random questions:
SO does anyone else play Smash64 online?
Am I the only person with a Capture card for recording matches. (I can also put up live streams with min but Dazzle brand lags a lot on Ustream)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Random questions:
SO does anyone else play Smash64 online?
Am I the only person with a Capture card for recording matches. (I can also put up live streams with min but Dazzle brand lags a lot on Ustream)
I have a capture card I might be able to bring.

-Ran

Smash Master
Iirc, Sudai, Randal, and Nick have recording equipment. Ricky has the necessary set up for streaming.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I wish I could play it, but my internet lags hard. But luckily in about 2 months we're installing Cox, so I may get back into it.

Also, I've got recording equipment too. I just hate using it because I secretly think it's out to get me because it ****s up every time I try to record at dibbz. >_>

Sudai

Stuff here
I sold my recording equipment to Kyle and Tim since the LA Melee scene didn't really have any recording equipment and I never set mine up anymore.

Oath, I used to play S64 online but once I moved to campus for school I had to stop. The lag is just horribad on campus unless it's a weekend and I'm never here on weekends. Lawl.

If someone host Melee tournies in the summer, bodies will come.

I'm mad for no reason right now... NO REASON!!!

:mad088:

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I sold my recording equipment to Kyle and Tim since the LA Melee scene didn't really have any recording equipment and I never set mine up anymore.

Oath, I used to play S64 online but once I moved to campus for school I had to stop. The lag is just horribad on campus unless it's a weekend and I'm never here on weekends. Lawl.

If someone host Melee tournies in the summer, bodies will come.

I'm mad for no reason right now... NO REASON!!!

:mad088:
So mad you could suck a d!ck?

Makavelisav

Smash Rookie
Ok this sucks. I am gonna be in New York on the 24th and most likely miss this monthly. Oh well, Dibbz is not ready for the wrath of Makavel. lol

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
all right, everyone keep thier calendars clean for Saturday, June 27th. There will be a tournament in Laffy then. The guy I talked too said it will probably be both Brawl and melee. But its not a regular tourney. But he was interested when I told him we would like to make it one, and said If we would like to to make it more regular we could talk to him then.

Sudai

Stuff here
That's a start..but if we have to discuss ruleset the day of, I don't think I really wanna go. I at least want to know what I'm jumping into. You should tell him that he'll get a good 10-20 people extra if he follows our rules set and you wouldn't be lieing. : )

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
Ya, the two things I forgot to ask:
Time and Rules, I might call the store up tomorrow or send one of my minions to do it. Ill send my guy with a copy of the rules >.>'

-Ran

Smash Master
Just let them know the entire national community has already created a viable tournament rule set that fosters an environment for a fair competition.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
Ill just keep a copy of the rules for LaST 3 for him. Anythng else I should know?

edit: rules are same fer meleeas brawl, I think they changed from melee?

Edit two, If we make it monthly all see about having it on sundays or something.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
i'm pretty happy because i have beer.

my last final is tomorrow at 8 in the morning, after that it's official summer for me. so contact me if you wanna come play brawl / drink beer / do drugs.

Actually we're going out tomorrow night so if anyone is in Thibodaux then let me know.

Sudai

Stuff here
Oath, if we have monthlies, keep them on Saturdays. We have a Friday monthly and a Sunday monthly. Our state needs a Saturday monthly.

RickyB...I wish I could come with you guys. D:

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
Oath, if we have monthlies, keep them on Saturdays. We have a Friday monthly and a Sunday monthly. Our state needs a Saturday monthly.

RickyB...I wish I could come with you guys. D:
well saturdays are not as good for me since I typically work until 6 or 7 and dont get off too often, though I could ask. Sunday I only work until about 2 or 3. Friday is more than likely the same as sat. and it seems to me that people are more likely to come on sunday, unless they have school.

But the guy said We could talk to him about making monthlies when We get there so eh.

Sudai

Stuff here
I mean, I don't really give a f8ck. I guess I just assume that Saturdays work better for most people since..well..typically they do.

I must say. Boota is the best character in TTGL by -far-. That anime was almost too epic for me to handle. Haha.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
I mean, I don't really give a f8ck. I guess I just assume that Saturdays work better for most people since..well..typically they do.

I must say. Boota is the best character in TTGL by -far-. That anime was almost too epic for me to handle. Haha.
well its still up in the air, and it will still be very likely on sat's.

-Ran

Smash Master
Current Side Event Votes:
BrawlPlus + 4
Low Tier +3
FFA Items +3
Random Only +1

I'll give it one more day.

Top Bottom