• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mario vs Everyone Else Q&A Thread

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Also, FLUDD seems kind of useless in this match.
Still has some use. You can still use FLUDD for edgeguarding to push back ROB. Combined with caping and aerials, it's reliable enough to make ROB plummet down to his doom.

If ROB is super-campy at the ledge, you can FLUDD him off-stage to screw up his rhythm.

Other than that I agree with your post.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Still has some use. You can still use FLUDD for edgeguarding to push back ROB. Combined with caping and aerials, it's reliable enough to make ROB plummet down to his doom.
Sorry to disagree, but if the ROB player conserves fuel by simply pressing up when he needs a boost and NEVER holding it down, he can last a long, LONG time. As my friend was saying Monday as I FLUDDed him in vain, crying out about how ROB was powerless before FLUDD's might (Yeah, I kind of went overboard with it...) "If you actually manage to FLUDD gimp my ROB, I think that counts as an automatic win."

If ROB is super-campy at the ledge, you can FLUDD him off-stage to screw up his rhythm.
That's not a bad idea at all. Much safer than my own way of coping with that.

I really only used FLUDD in a vain attempt to push back his Nair assaults. Probably worked once and I got a free Uair. I probably tried it a good dozen or so times.
Then again, I'm not the most proficient with FLUDD.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Sorry to disagree, but if the ROB player conserves fuel by simply pressing up when he needs a boost and NEVER holding it down, he can last a long, LONG time. As my friend was saying Monday as I FLUDDed him in vain, crying out about how ROB was powerless before FLUDD's might (Yeah, I kind of went overboard with it...) "If you actually manage to FLUDD gimp my ROB, I think that counts as an automatic win."
Well like I said, FLUDD can't gimp ROB alone, but combined with capes and aerials, it's pretty proficient in gimping ROB. You don't need to use it against him, but I'm just saying it has a use there.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, all right, I'll take your word for it, since I am sure you are much more proficient with it than I (Not that that's saying much... :laugh: )

Matt07

Smash Master
Bumped. Anyone know any good stages against Marth? Usually I take everyone to Rainbow Cruise, but Marth out beats me here, more then I out beat him. Any suggestions what stages I should pick?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
A few little notes about that Sonic section.

1. The fireball whilst Sonic's starting to Spring won't work. Til about fullhop height, it has invincibility frames, just letting you know.

2. No good Sonic will do a laggy dair >_< It autocancels from a reasonable height.

So yeah, everything else there is good.

:)

Take Marth to Yoshi's Island (Brawl) btw. I don't know, it just seems to work lol.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Bumping with new question:

What is the best method of fighting Wario? Is it smart to use Mario's ground game or just aerial combat?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
A **** ton of fireballs. Personally that and FLUDD help me a lot here.

Actually, I'm finding myself using FLUDD more and more. It ***** Jiggly's air game, hurts Ness really badly (and gimps him even harder), and generally allows me to do a hyphen smash.

But yeah, Wario: I don't play many Warios, but just a lot of fireballs with occasional Utilts/cape/Nair/Uair when he gets close is how I play against him. Then again, I have kind of a weird style I think (well, nothing like the ones I see you guys use anyway.).

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Sounds like you tend to play the camping game. That pretty much works on anyone not named Game and Watch and ZSS. I can't be sure if it's the best method however, but definitely a good method nonetheless.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Bumping with new question:

What is the best method of fighting Wario? Is it smart to use Mario's ground game or just aerial combat?
Ftilt and the cape work well on his ground game and FIHL and Bair work well on his air game, hope that helps a bit. I personally like fightning Wario in the air more than on the ground, but that's just me.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
How does ZSS mess up camping?

Yeah, I kind of do though. Lots of fireballs, then randomly fireball>cape>Usmash is a favorite of mine :laugh:.

Oh, and I'm sure it's well known, but FLUDD REALLY messes with the Earthbound characters' recoveries.

Dory

Smash Journeyman
hmmmm really random but dont know where else to put it lol

anyone play pokemon D/P in the mario boards? hahaha

Matt07

Smash Master
Problems With Peach.

Peach is giving me hell. I hate it, she's so **** defensive with her turnips, and d-airs, it makes it impossible to approach, everytime I do, she always avoids my moves, and punishes. Turnips get really annoying to deal with too. I have major trouble with approaching her, that's my only trouble with her. Just spam up B when she uses d-air? Also she reads me like a book when I go to recovery (Well so does everyone else), but I can't really do anything since Mario's recovery is...bad.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Mario's recovery is...bad.
Don't make me hurt you.

Cape her turnips or use FLUDD to plow through them while messing up her spacing. Up-B seems like a decent idea when caught in a D-air spam, but you can generally stay away from it by good use of fireball spacing and staying aerial.

Use your options when recovering. Cape incoming turnips. FLUDD recovery works well here. Cape stall if she happens to ledgehog, and always spam fireballs when you're drifting back to the stage to avoid aerial attacks.

And use F-air. ;) [/inside joke]

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol you better hurt me. His recovery is predictable, all they have to do is just punish you during your Double Jump, and your gone. They can easily avoid Fireballs by airdodging,and following up with an attack. Also anyone with a good range will out range your Cape, and your screwed even more.

Alright thanks for the help against Peach, Hero.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Lol you better hurt me. His recovery is predictable, all they have to do is just punish you during your Double Jump, and your gone. They can easily avoid Fireballs by airdodging,and following up with an attack. Also anyone with a good range will out range your Cape, and your screwed even more.
If you're getting "easily" punished during your second jump, then you're doing something wrong. I play Ike and Link and their recoveries hugely depends on that second jump with no way of stopping projectiles and aerial attacks besides hitting the opponent first, while Mario has a buttload of options compared to them.

Save your second jump for the last moment, dodge incoming aerial attacks if fireballs doesn't stop them (although it should. If they dodge the fireball while in the air then the window of opportunity to edgeguard becomes much smaller since you're plenty closer). The Cape has transcended priority and does not clash with any moves, so all you have to do is hit first and you're fine. Mario's recovery is better that plenty of the unfortunate characters especially ones like Falco and Ness.

*pulls out shotgun*

Oh, and you're welcome.

Matt07

Smash Master
Haha, w00t more advice :D. Yea, I really need to apply that in matches, since I'm so easily telegraphed when I recover :(.

BTW do you have Starcraft 1 right now? We should play a few matches.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Peach is giving me hell. I hate it, she's so **** defensive with her turnips, and d-airs, it makes it impossible to approach, everytime I do, she always avoids my moves, and punishes. Turnips get really annoying to deal with too. I have major trouble with approaching her, that's my only trouble with her. Just spam up B when she uses d-air? Also she reads me like a book when I go to recovery (Well so does everyone else), but I can't really do anything since Mario's recovery is...bad.
UpB and Fludd are your best friends here. Don't try to overpower Peach; it doesn't work. Your approaches must be safe or you'll be eating alot of unnecessary damage.

If you see her floating toward you, upB her as soon as you can, then fastfall. Not only will that deter her approach, but it'll rack up about 10% every time, and since she's light, she won't want that happening too often. Fludd screws up her spacing while floating as well.

Fair Peach's recovery if she's above, Bair spike if she's below. Her vertical recovery is what you'll need to capitalize on if you want to gimp her. Don't try to contest her Fair, you'll lose.

Every time.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Jesus lord. I've memorized every possible Peach vs Mario scenecario that it isnt ****ing funny omfg.! But yeah Matador, hit the good points. Don't let Dair shield pressure you, have that OOS upb come out, it'll always break her pace. Fludd works nice on her aerials since it's affectedd by FHIL.

Dair the turnips. You'll catch them. Spacing is cruical espically in aerial combat. I dunno if you go defensive, but hell **** that ****, I usually go on the aggressive, (aggressive, i mean like boss aggressive).

Oh and full hop Fireballs can still wreck her float game :D Oh and try RARBair approachs.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I was fighting this campy wolf the other day, and felt kinda brickwalled. I beat him, but barely. I felt like I took on more damage than I should have.

LF remedy.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
You're gonna have to be more specific. You mean he just spammed the laser or what he actually using other attacks?

Matt07

Smash Master
If I fight a spammy Wolf on WiFi, I spam back with Fireballs, literally. Once he learns that it's too laggy (WiFi Wolf's tend to spam like no tomorrow) and his reflector doesn't come out when he wants too, he actually approaches me.

Then the match begins, and if he keeps camping you, keep camping with Fireballs, that's how I usually play. Offline though it's sooo much easier to cape his Blaster so use the Cape more offline.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Just so you know, you can stop Wolf's Fsmash with just about anything; Wolf's Fsmash has no priority, it's just fast.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Just so you know, you can stop Wolf's Fsmash with just about anything; Wolf's Fsmash has no priority, it's just fast.
Oh yeah? Good to know, I'll keep this in mind. Much appreciated :chuckle:

If I fight a spammy Wolf on WiFi, I spam back with Fireballs, literally. Once he learns that it's too laggy (WiFi Wolf's tend to spam like no tomorrow) and his reflector doesn't come out when he wants too, he actually approaches me.

Then the match begins, and if he keeps camping you, keep camping with Fireballs, that's how I usually play. Offline though it's sooo much easier to cape his Blaster so use the Cape more offline.
I never try to camp back, I don't know why. I probably should, since Mario should be pretty decent at it.

You're gonna have to be more specific. You mean he just spammed the laser or what he actually using other attacks?
Blaster, spaced Bairs, and Fsmash mostly. I only beat him because he became telegraphed, but I took much more of a beating than I should have. His Dsmash is a great killer.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Oh yeah? Good to know, I'll keep this in mind. Much appreciated :chuckle:

I never try to camp back, I don't know why. I probably should, since Mario should be pretty decent at it.

Blaster, spaced Bairs, and Fsmash mostly. I only beat him because he became telegraphed, but I took much more of a beating than I should have. His Dsmash is a great killer.
As said before, Fsmash has like no priority, you should do a SH Dair, if it spaced and hit correctly, Fsmash will be outprioritized. As for Wolf's Bairs, it's like Marth's Fair, so if he does retreating Bairs walls, it'd can't be punished because it's equal to of marth's Fair somewhat. So best way is get creative and/or powershield your way there. Cape > Blaster.

Top Bottom