• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mario vs Everyone Else Q&A Thread

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
*Long bumps*

Okay so basically I actually did better using Mario against Mk rather than Luigi suprisely yet I get beat so badly. I'm here to vent so enlightened me Mario mainers with tips

1. I keep gettting whorenado'd. When mk uses it after 3 times in a row, I lose control of myself and the match and get my *** kicked.

2. I hate mk's 5 jumps. They can just approach Dair, and I somehow dodge it but then he uses second jump and catch's me off guard and start taking in unnesscary damage. And repeat's.

3. Best CP stage against MK? :/

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Honestly I think Mario does better against MK than Luigi does, but eh, what do I know? >_>

1. You can cape, D-air (last hit), Fireball (from above), or Up-B OOS to get past the tornado problem.

2. When they start doing their D-air spam just stay back from it and use fireballs to make an opening, then get in your hits. D-air approach is rough but Mario is able to get around it with patience.

3. For Neutrals, I like to go to Yoshi's Island, and then Final Destination. As far as counterpick stages go... I don't think there's any stage on the list that helps Mario more than Metaknight, but best you can get is Norfair and Pirate Ship.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
UpB and Fludd are your best friends here. Don't try to overpower Peach; it doesn't work. Your approaches must be safe or you'll be eating alot of unnecessary damage.

If you see her floating toward you, upB her as soon as you can, then fastfall. Not only will that deter her approach, but it'll rack up about 10% every time, and since she's light, she won't want that happening too often. Fludd screws up her spacing while floating as well.

Fair Peach's recovery if she's above, Bair spike if she's below. Her vertical recovery is what you'll need to capitalize on if you want to gimp her. Don't try to contest her Fair, you'll lose.

Every time.
Thanks, Matador. I go up against my friend, Peachkid, who has a beastly Peach. Thanks to your advice, battling him with be easier. Go, Mario! :)

Matt07

Smash Master
Bump. No one has any questions on match-up's?

I haven't really any time to play the last 2 weeks but I'm not busy now, so hopefully I'll have a ton of questions soon :).

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Is there an offensive way to punish D3 from chaingrabbing you to death?
If you're feeling lucky you could try Up B, but if you miss...well, that's why it's called an "all or nothing" move...

I suggest sticking with planking and camping.

Matt07

Smash Master
He mainly uses it off stage. If I use up B, it still hits (we trade hits wtf, invincilbity frames?), and he usually waits till I use my DJ. Cape and FLUDD would work wonders on stage.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Fireball and air dodge. I don't recommend caping if you're far away from the stage. If he's getting D-airs off of you easily that means you're being too telegraphed (or you're playing WiFi :p ).

Oh, you can try an anti-edgeguard F-air too if you get a fireball to hit.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
He mainly uses it off stage. If I use up B, it still hits (we trade hits wtf, invincilbity frames?), and he usually waits till I use my DJ. Cape and FLUDD would work wonders on stage.
I had the same problem before. At all costs, don't be below him. Dair cuts through upb (remember upb's frames at the beginning ones) you can cape stall then use a DJ once you get a breather.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
He's too OP man. All his moves kills at 50%. Why you even fighting him anyway? He's banned from Brawl.

Matt07

Smash Master
My friend spent a while re-adding the codes to add Pichu. It's pretty sweet, and weird at the same time.

I also heard you can unlock Pichu when you Wavedash in regular Brawl.

I know see why he was removed in Brawl though.

EDIT: OMG I FINALLY WON AGAINST A ROB, FINALLY I THOUGHT IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Ness's Dair is canceling my Uair and his Fair is canceling my Bair. how do i punish him?
Up B, FLUDD, or cape work for both. For his Dair specifically, any aerial that comes out faster than it since it has some noticeable startup lag (I'd recommend Dair).

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
My friend spent a while re-adding the codes to add Pichu. It's pretty sweet, and weird at the same time.

I also heard you can unlock Pichu when you Wavedash in regular Brawl.

I know see why he was removed in Brawl though.

EDIT: OMG I FINALLY WON AGAINST A ROB, FINALLY I THOUGHT IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE.
Ugh...I still have a hard time against ROB. Funny thing is I was facing TeeVee (awesome ROB player in my state) on Wi-Fi and lost to his Zero Suit Samus and his ROB. After several days, I faced him again and was able to beat them both. What do I do, guys?!

Matt07

Smash Master
I'm very sorry Takeshi, I was going to help you out, but I only beat a ROB once, and they still give me hell. My opinion would be crap compared to others :(.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I'm very sorry Takeshi, I was going to help you out, but I only beat a ROB once, and they still give me hell. My opinion would be crap compared to others :(.
It's okay, Matt07. At least you sympathize with my experience with ROB. It's funny how Mario still has the advantage and yet when I play against a good ROB, it seems like the exact opposite. :laugh:

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
One word: Boss Vs Chozen.

lol nah jk.

Can't help but i'll give you this Rob is definitely gimpable if your careful/aggressive/smart.
Hmm...well, I could see myself fairing ROB, but the conditions for that to happen are hard to create. Could you elaborate for me?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Some scenearios like if they try to go high (alot do that but risk the fuel), you can grab a edge do a straight ledge jump (notice how I said no ledge drop) to a free Bair/upair, you also have your second jump so your still good.

If they go low, make sure you have that cape/second jump go for Bair stage spikes.

If they go just about inbetween which is the ****, have that Fludd+Cape/aggressive aerial presurre ready for the ****. Remember that Rob gets hit hard by fludd badly since hes a floaty. Oh and fireball sniping isn't bad for the gimps.

Basically just keep hitting them until they are forced to use the fuel.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Some scenearios like if they try to go high (alot do that but risk the fuel), you can grab a edge do a straight ledge jump (notice how I said no ledge drop) to a free Bair/upair, you also have your second jump so your still good.

If they go low, make sure you have that cape/second jump go for Bair stage spikes.

If they go just about inbetween which is the ****, have that Fludd+Cape/aggressive aerial presurre ready for the ****. Remember that Rob gets hit hard by fludd badly since hes a floaty. Oh and fireball sniping isn't bad for the gimps.

Basically just keep hitting them until they are forced to use the fuel.

The first option seems risky. Can't ROB fair me if I go to his front? Also, if I go below him, he can just spike me with dair if he times it right. What are your responses now?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
The first option seems risky. Can't ROB fair me if I go to his front? Also, if I go below him, he can just spike me with dair if he times it right. What are your responses now?
R.O.B.'s Dair is way too slow and predictable, it shouldn't even really be a concern while you're edgeguarding him. As far as R.O.B.'s Fair, cape and Bair work well in most cases.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
R.O.B.'s Dair is way too slow and predictable, it shouldn't even really be a concern while you're edgeguading him. As far as R.O.B.'s Fair, cape and Bair work well in most cases.
Hmm...all right. I'll take that into consideration. I know that I should cape and FLUDD ROB's projectiles, but they're harder to do on Wi-Fi, which sucks. Also, ROB's fair and his bair hitbox are really annoying. Any advice?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Hmm...all right. I'll take that into consideration. I know that I should cape and FLUDD ROB's projectiles, but they're harder to do on Wi-Fi, which sucks. Also, ROB's fair and his bair hitbox are really annoying. Any advice?
R.O.B.'s Bair is as slow as his Dair and it gives about the same reward, just do your best to either avoid it or punish it. Also, don't bother trying to FLUDD his gyro, just use the cape for all his projectles to simplify things.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
My thanks goes to both of you. I'm on the Internet Channel right now so I can't jot down both your posts on mine right now. Anyways, I'll keep that in mind. And I already knew ROB's blindspot, hippiedude92. It's just hard for me to get there with due to ROB's options. Good thing Mario has an answer to such options. He's so underrated. LOL.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
ROB is too easy. lol. After playing a ROB main a few times and watching Boss I got him down pretty well.

Just don't rush in and force him to approach, and the match is all yours. I may get more descriptive once I get back from a Brawl meeting with my crew.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
The only characters mario can easily defeat is himself R.O.B, jigglypuff and donkeykong

especially pikmin.

PaNdA210

Smash Rookie
i have no idea how 2 against a diddy kong except 2 just cape his bananas when he throws them at u and 4 G&W i get torn up cause of his reach as 4 snake i could take care of him

Top Bottom