• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Link was in captain N too! D= Though he wasn't part of the main team. And he was really annoying. Maybe that's why they're beating him up.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I was hoping his final Smash would be Hyper Armor Mega Man from MvC. Albeit, the joint team attack is much more interesting that a giant laser, I like it.

I was impressed from day 1 just how well Sakurai captured the NES style in a HD updated style.

If we got Simon Belmont all we'd need is for Mega Man to smoke one to many smokes and Captain N and we'd be in business.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Aqua Rock X/Drench Man here! I deeply regret being late to the party but I've been having internet troubles until recently.

I am really pleased that Megaman is now an actual playable in the smash series. I mean, that was FAST!! I still can't believe it...the seven year struggle we've had since E3 '06 has come to a victorious end. I now know how the Sonic fans felt. I was mentally preparing myself to fight off the detractors until the end. But the war was won even before it started and it feels FANTASTIC!!!!

MEGAMAN FOR THE ULTIMATE WIN!!!!!

That was the last part of my closing post of the old Brawl thread....and now it is a victory chant. I mean SERIOUSLY, Mario is dodging the legendary Metal Blades in a real Nintendo game!!! Megaman...is back!!!!!!!!:grin:

Sinn

Smash Lord
I was hoping his final Smash would be Hyper Armor Mega Man from MvC. Albeit, the joint team attack is much more interesting that a giant laser, I like it.
I'm still hoping that it'll be the Rush Adapter. I figure since Mega Man could do this in games that were released for Nintendo systems (VI and VII), it fits well with the retro Nintendo theme they seem to be going with for him. After all, Rush is already a thing, so it wouldn't be a huge stretch to think they'll use him for more than Rush Coil. Plus if they flat out gave Mega Man a jet pack and a homing fist, it would be freaking magical.

Neo Zero

I'm still hoping that it'll be the Rush Adapter. I figure since Mega Man could do this in games that were released for Nintendo systems (VI and VII), it fits well with the retro Nintendo theme they seem to be going with for him. After all, Rush is already a thing, so it wouldn't be a huge stretch to think they'll use him for more than Rush Coil. Plus if they flat out gave Mega Man a jet pack and a homing fist, it would be freaking magical.
Rush Adapter always seemed weak to me, unless Sakurai spices it up a lot. Further thinking on his weapons, I wouldn't be surprised if his Final Smash was one of the various time stopper weapons.

But forget all that, we need a Quick Man laser final Smash. Let all characters know the pain of our childhoods!!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Rush Adapter always seemed weak to me, unless Sakurai spices it up a lot. Further thinking on his weapons, I wouldn't be surprised if his Final Smash was one of the various time stopper weapons.

But forget all that, we need a Quick Man laser final Smash. Let all characters know the pain of our childhoods!!
I suppose the main reason I hope it's the adapter is because I generally like the transforming Final Smashes more than the singular attack ones. Stopping/slowing time would be interesting, but I'd hope it would be different enough from the watch item so as to not feel exactly the same.

And oh God, not those big yellow death beams. I imagine they'd be functionally similar to the Light Arrow. Though your post made me ponder: would the urchin item and Dedede's Gordos OHKO Mega Man? Because that would be funny (and awful).

Neo Zero

Had a banner made (among others) for the OP of the thread. When you can edit it in Smash. Hope you guys like it

General Discussion.png

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well.... SSBF... Congratulations. You made the thread for the only character that I expected to get shown in the trailer. IN YOUR FACE HATERS!!!!!

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I noticed Splashwoman is not in the list of Megaman's powers. I wonder if she will be a storymode boss or anything in the game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Top things I want to do as Mega Man:

-Leaf Shield Olimar's Pikmin spam
-Have a Metal Blade duel with Villager and Kirby
-Lots of VS Samus
-Lots of VS Spacies battles
-Fight Sonic (and vice versa)
-Shove a Crash Bomber in Wario's mouth.
-Test if sliding is faster than running.
-Fight ROB
-Hard Knuckle Snake.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You gotta love the attention to detail Sakurai puts into the characters. They are defiantly giving Mega Man the star treatment.

Mike2

Smash Ace
My prediction is Mega Man is going to be the Toon Link of SSB4. Lots of projectile moves means he's probably going to play the camp game.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
um.. can't tell if this is a joke, if it is lol, if it isn't it's Capcom

Maybe Capcom will sell Megaman to Nintendo, or at least make him second party to Nintendo, how awesome would that be.
it was a joke. I just added a troll face just so nobody would be mistaken again.

Venraneld

Smash Cadet
As someone who thought it would be cool if Mega Man made it in, but never really advocated for him, I'm actually really surprised at just how good he looks in this game. They did a really good job of capturing the nostalgic NES Mega Man while making him look shiny and new at the same time. If only Capcom gave him this much attention maybe we'd see a quality Mega Man reboot.

D

Deleted member

I am going to remake this thread into a general Mega Man discussion thread. Stuff in regards to the support thread before Mega Man's confirmation will be placed under spoilers for those who still want to see it.
You gotta love the attention to detail Sakurai puts into the characters. They are defiantly giving Mega Man the star treatment.
I've been saying for a week or so before Mega Man's confirmation that giving Mega Man the Snake-like treatment would make him more popular than Snake ever was and perhaps even reach the popularity of Sonic. It is why I felt that Mega Man had the best shot for a third-party because he is the only one that can hope to be as popular of an addition as Sonic.

And it looks as Sakurai is giving Mega Man the star treatment and honestly, I couldn't have been happier. Mega Man is definitely being done justice, especially after the last few turbulent years.

As for Mega Man's future, where do people see Mega Man going now that he has made his debut in Smash?

I think Mega Man will be coming back strong sometimes this gent. Capcom did say they were discussing a new game and a new Smash appearance will only further prompt them to bring back the franchise. I expect the Classic and X series to return since they can sell the best and for the Classic series to use models similar to the ones in SSB4. We might also see Legends 3 get uncancelled eventually if only to finish up the franchise. A new series also seems likely, although hopefully this one will be less dependent on continuing on a story much like the Classic series. However, I expect releases to be much less frequent as over-saturation contributed to the franchise being put on hiatus in the first place.

All optimistic, but with Mega Man's debut in Smash, hope has been restored for the franchise.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
I am SO happy with the way Mega Man turned out - he's exactly what everyone has been envisioning but thinking would never happen for all these years!

I hope he's not broken hahahaha

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If the Metal Blades could destroy Metal Man in TWO hits.

... Does it mean they could destroy META Knight in two hits as well? :3

In all seriousness, I love the retro sound effects. I have to watch this trailer daily, juts like I watched Sonic's trailer daily when he was announced.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Still need to see Megaman's Final Smash. I'm hoping for the Rush Adapter. Seems likely as we already have a model for Rush. It could work like Wario's or Diddy Kong's Final Smashes.

Also, here's some another music suggestion.....Wheel Gator

Neo Zero

I am going to remake this thread into a general Mega Man discussion thread. Stuff in regards to the support thread before Mega Man's confirmation will be placed under spoilers for those who still want to see it.I've been saying for a week or so before Mega Man's confirmation that giving Mega Man the Snake-like treatment would make him more popular than Snake ever was and perhaps even reach the popularity of Sonic. It is why I felt that Mega Man had the best shot for a third-party because he is the only one that can hope to be as popular of an addition as Sonic.

And it looks as Sakurai is giving Mega Man the star treatment and honestly, I couldn't have been happier. Mega Man is definitely being done justice, especially after the last few turbulent years.

As for Mega Man's future, where do people see Mega Man going now that he has made his debut in Smash?

I think Mega Man will be coming back strong sometimes this gent. Capcom did say they were discussing a new game and a new Smash appearance will only further prompt them to bring back the franchise. I expect the Classic and X series to return since they can sell the best and for the Classic series to use models similar to the ones in SSB4. We might also see Legends 3 get uncancelled eventually if only to finish up the franchise. A new series also seems likely, although hopefully this one will be less dependent on continuing on a story much like the Classic series. However, I expect releases to be much less frequent as over-saturation contributed to the franchise being put on hiatus in the first place.

All optimistic, but with Mega Man's debut in Smash, hope has been restored for the franchise.
Honestly, I dont see anything until next gen being fully launched. Capcom is to busy milking Resident Evil and Street Fighter 4 Updates. In terms of what I want to see next from it though, I actually hope to see a ZX sequel, to see that plot finally get wrapped up. Besides that, the obvious X9 would be great.

Thanks for the edits btw SSBF, Its nice to see things more organized. I actually have banners for a lot of other main threads as well, but those will come in time when they are more needed as I'm against making threads too early if there is zero content to put in them. Just one thing, not to sound overly picky, but can you center the banner?

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Do you think that Nintendo will buy Megaman from Capcom or collab with the games? Just like Nintendo and Sega.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I've been saying for a week or so before Mega Man's confirmation that giving Mega Man the Snake-like treatment would make him more popular than Snake ever was and perhaps even reach the popularity of Sonic. It is why I felt that Mega Man had the best shot for a third-party because he is the only one that can hope to be as popular of an addition as Sonic.

First, Megaman wont be as popular as them. At this point, we've gotten 3 guest characters, so the appeal is wearing off. This is why people have been talking about WFT and Villager more (well, from what I've seen. It may be a different story on Smash Boards).

More importantly is the star treatment. Any third party character should be given special treatment. It's like any other guest on something like Saturday Night Live. It's a special occasion and it should feel as such. It would be an issue if he didn't get the star treatment. Mega Man works well for that given he's been with Nintendo so long which is probably why people asked for him. If you don't have the guest additions fee special, your game looks like this.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
First, Megaman wont be as popular as them. At this point, we've gotten 3 guest characters, so the appeal is wearing off. This is why people have been talking about WFT and Villager more (well, from what I've seen. It may be a different story on Smash Boards).
As far as I've seen Villager hasn't garnered much attention besides the creepy fanart, and WFT gets most of her attention from being such a big surprise. Mega Man is by far the most popular one I've seen, both on here, Youtube and other forums. And it makes sense, Mega Man is just a big monster in gaming, and he has been ignored by Capcom for a long time now, this could potentially lead to more attention towards him by Capcom, and heck, he was the most wanted newcomer for this game, no wonder he gets so much attention.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
As far as I've seen Villager hasn't garnered much attention besides the creepy fanart, and WFT gets most of her attention from being such a big surprise. Mega Man is by far the most popular one I've seen, both on here, Youtube and other forums. And it makes sense, Mega Man is just a big monster in gaming, and he has been ignored by Capcom for a long time now, this could potentially lead to more attention towards him by Capcom, and heck, he was the most wanted newcomer for this game, no wonder he gets so much attention.
There is a poll here, and the character most people are excited for is WFT by a good margin. Villager isn't as popular, but he has become is own meme of sorts. Megaman is Megaman and he is not being talked about as much as Sonic or Snake were.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
You guys should probably ban me from the Mega man subforum.

I don't know if I can be nice to people who don't know what they are talking about in Mega man.

Also I haven't read the "What song do you want in megaman" thread but I swear to god if I see Wily 2-1 being listed like 89090909090909090342u895034 times I'll freak the **** out.
Why would we spam a song thats already confirmed? :rolleyes:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
It was revealed that his A attacks are the mega buster, while F-smash is the charged mega buster.
Yeah. I know. But it doesn't mean Kirby can't get it. The fact that it isn't the first time he's had moves manipulated to work with his copy ability.

EDIT: However, if they do go with the Metal Blade, they better give Kirby the Metal Man helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom