• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The MetaGame Collection Thread ~Approaching Options (nondatewise) ~

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Well, if there's no new ideas for approaching we should consider the alternative.

If you're dealing with a character that can outcamp you, I suppose the smartest thing would be powershielding. My friend has a superb Ike, and one of his most effective tactics against my Lucario.

He calls it his "Walk of Death", which is a bit annoying, and all it really is is slowly walking toward your enemy while powershielding each projectile. Once you get too close, you will often intimidate your opponent into rolling or jumping. This is very punishable for Lucario, primarily through Dtilt and Fsmash can put the pressure on hard once you get close enough. I think this tactic would work well for Lucario by merit of his long range.

Also note that getting hit by projectiles isn't ALWAYS a bad idea. Here's something I said in another thread.

It works as a mindgame and Lucario is the best character to use it because of his aura. If you're going to die to a strong attack anyways, go for it (providing it's a low damage and knockback projectile).
How DO you get around the walk of death?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Either SH b-reversal ASC -> whatever to make him throw up his shield, or do a couple of SH fairs then an empty hop to condition him for a grab. nair also has some nice shield push properties, so retreating it allows you to bait him to try a grab, jab, or nair, and then you can punish.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
This is how you counter Olimar spam...

Turn around with your back to Olimar and charge AS. Simple as that, and wait for Olimar to approach you, then attack or do whatever.

Double Team (down+B) is also a reliable kill move in this match while the pikmin are attached to Lucario.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
This is how you counter Olimar spam...

Turn around with your back to Olimar and charge AS. Simple as that, and wait for Olimar to approach you, then attack or do whatever.

Double Team (down+B) is also a reliable kill move in this match while the pikmin are attached to Lucario.
LOLWUT
inb4brutalrebuttalfromotherlucarios

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I didn't expand much on it now that I read it again. Charging up AS will prevent the pikmin from clinging onto you, so once you shut down Olimar's side b spam, Olimar would approach and try to do something else. It actually helps for me, it may sound ridiculous but it works to stop Olimar from spamming side b.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
How about approaching with down tilt? It would be a mind game lol.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
why the fvck did you do this.
This is not funny. All the info here is old and im not sure how accurate it is.
-t2

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Looking at this thing, and several other threads that now float around the boards. Its hilarious to see how much this one didnt work, but gave birth to other threads with the EXACT CONCEPTS.
I call plagiarism.
-t2

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
so thats what phil was talking about...... oh well. *begins recording posts on thread*

Top Bottom