• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Rofll i love how people just flip out and say completley random and stupid **** over PRs.

@Gallax: Chill out kid, you dont recieve any random "hate" (rofl???).
@MVD: Thats right man number 6 that means youre terrible now stop being stupid.

Everyone just build up complaints, and when i get home from work me/seibrik/masky/snipa will explain everything you want explained.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Rofll i love how people just flip out and say completley random and stupid **** over PRs.

@Gallax: Chill out kid, you dont recieve any random "hate" (rofl???).
@MVD: Thats right man number 6 that means youre terrible now stop being stupid.

Everyone just build up complaints, and when i get home from work me/seibrik/masky/snipa will explain everything you want explained.

Take the bad with the good.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Since I'm coming back for three months starting around mid-May, will I be eligible for the next PR?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Doing something all the time does not merrit doing it Taylor.

By your logic, hitler was an alright guy.
Hitler purposely thought in his own mind that any non-Aryan person was inferior and was to be done away with.

Taylor says it out of force of habit. It's lost the power of the word. I don't expect new people to understand he doesn't mean half of the stuff he says, but if you have ever been to a tournament, you know how he acts.

It's like....if someone I worked with at Carvel was making shakes....and they lost control of the blender and got ice cream everywhere...I'd probably say "lol you're stupid. xD" It doesn't mean I think they're actually stupid.

2DJeff said:
didnt you not finish HS or somthing?
didnt you not make complete sentence or somthing?

M@v

Subarashii!
Oh dang, Mampam getting it in. Good **** man!

-Disclaimer not going to argue about rankings issues, I literally have no clue what most of the results are.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
on my phone

gallax ur win vs me was counted but at the end of the day u still had a losing record to me.

and thats how we ordered everyone, based on their overall winning/losing record ratios.

o and just a funny note, mvd n afro were basically perfectly tied including the head to head, so they're placment was decided via coin flip.

i personally consider them both 6th lol

:phone:

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
on my phone

gallax ur win vs me was counted but at the end of the day u still had a losing record to me.

and thats how we ordered everyone, based on their overall winning/losing record ratios.:phone:
But, you're the ranked player. You're supposed to have a winning record over a non-ranked player. Gallax should have his win over you recognized, it shouldn't be just written off. That destroys the purpose of a win over a ranked player.

Just my thoughts.

AfroQT

Smash Master
But, you're the ranked player. You're supposed to have a winning record over a non-ranked player. Gallax should have his win over you recognized, it shouldn't be just written off. That destroys the purpose of a win over a ranked player.

Just my thoughts.
His win was recognized, but in the end, he still has a losing record, alot of people have a win over seibrik, but seibrik has the winning record.

Consistency is key.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I think what D-torr is saying is "With Ranked player A and Unranked player B, should Player A's wins have equal merit as Player B's wins or should player B's win be weighted more since Player A is expected to win?"

Kinda like placing bets. Someone can place two $100 bets at 3:1 odds, end up winning $600, then lose a single $100 8:1 bet (Gross: $500). Someone else can place a single bet on a 8:1 odds and get $800 and lose two 3:1 bets at $100 each (Gross: $600). The second person only won once and lost twice but came up winning more money.

Edit: Done editing.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the pr is meant to show who the most consistant players are. doing something once and never again when presented the opportunity is not consistant at all.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Well if you only meet each other twice it proves neither players consistency, so that point is moot.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Esam you just said some smart ish cuz that's what I was thinking

I think afro and mvd shouldn't have been decided on a coin flip they should be forced to play a deciding set rather than random luck lol

Just my personal thoughts on that situation

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
lol tru but neither player particularly cared.

if they want to do that, ill make em both do it i guess.

and esam, i kno theres the possibility of a 1-1 happenin, but if people used pr mm's properly ties would only ever happen if two players only ever met at one tourny...

Masky

Smash Master
I was either even or ahead of Chaz lol we played at least twice and he only beat me once I guess I'm bad now Lolololol

I just triple checked it, and checked with ESAM, but we can't figure out when you beat Chaz this season. The only thing I could find was that you beat him at September ZP, which is not a part of the season.

(Official explanations coming soon. I'd do them now but I'm extremely busy with exams/projects.)

AfroQT

Smash Master
Esam you just said some smart ish cuz that's what I was thinking

I think afro and mvd shouldn't have been decided on a coin flip they should be forced to play a deciding set rather than random luck lol

Just my personal thoughts on that situation

Me and MVD was ridiculously close, we literally could not decide who should be above who. IMO coin toss was the best, i chose tails.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
mvd is mad he got 6th? i guess, but i dont think him potentially getting 7th will nmake him feel any better, and afro obv. gave his opinion and took the coin flip like a man.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Good point Seibrik.

So yeah, after being shown the data, the PR really does make sense.

HRNUT vs MVD is a big issue (I think)
MVD has a losing record vs 6 people (ESAM, Seibrik, Halzy, Chaz, Gallax, HRNut) while HRNut has losing records to 5 people (ESAM, Seibrik, Chaz, Ramen, Nick Riddle).

MVD lost to 5 ranked opponents and 1 unranked (Gallax) while HRNut lost to 4 ranked opponents and 1 unranked (Ramen). This extra loss hurts MVD and, pretty much, puts MVD below HRNut. Also, HRNut having the head to head is another point for HRNUT > MVD.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I dont see how anyone could say the PR doesnt make sense.

Like i said put all complaints here, when i get home from work i'll answer them. (midnight tonight)

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
the pr is meant to show who the most consistant players are. doing something once and never again when presented the opportunity is not consistant at all.

If there was one player who had a 1-0 record with everyone, I'm sure they'd be #1 but they would not have proved they were consistent.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
d-who was just us showing u lost to a random, since u witheld ur bracket info from us about otronicon we were forced to believe ur 2nd loss was to a random. (i believe that was the case here)

gallax

Smash Hero
w.e. im thru with all of this n e ways

And hrnut lost to two randoms at otronicon too. Why arent those taken into account? You know they are randoms since he attended and got 3rd. SO wouldnt that put mvd above hrnut?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Um...so why are you upset with it. They are clear results and clearly 10 people, at least, were better than you, record wise.

gallax

Smash Hero
Um...so why are you upset with it. They are clear results and clearly 10 people, at least, were better than you, record wise.
I disagree with the clarity of the situation thats why.

Btw i was editing my above post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ when u posted esam. read it again.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Oh ****...

See...that is why you guys need to stop WITHHOLDING GOD DAMN RECORDS.

******* >_> How can you blame us when you were the one that said you weren't gonna give us the results?

D
Who got 1st/2nd at Otronicon?

gallax

Smash Hero
There was a thread for otronicon in the tourney results section that had the results. It wasnt my fault that snipa and masky didnt bother to look for it.

And hrnut also has a losing record vs kyon. He went 1-2. No hate for hrnut, i love him to death. Just trying to show that win-loss records arent everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom