• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *NEW* Snake Boards Stage Discussion (currently discussing Brinstar)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just some person things I like on this stage.

I love placing the nades on the platforms. It adds a bit more pressure than just one on the ground. Don't forget to cook your nades. They are becoming less and less feared.

On this stage during transformations do an fsmash. It will often cancel because of the change. It can be an interesting little trick.

C.J.

Smash Master
Alright, not that it matters much, but, in the YI write-up you say small vertical blast zones helping bair/ftilt... vertical is up and down. Horizontal is side-to-side. Also,you DO want to take Marth there. The platform helps sooo much for getting out of juggle traps and it's Marth's worst neutral.

As for pkmn1, it's one of Snake's worst stages. The normal transformation is good for Snake, but, every other one Snake doesn't do well on at all (except maybe the forest one). He can get infinited against the tree pretty easily by a number of characters. The windmill is gay. Soooo gay. If the opponent is camping over there, walk away and throw grenades. Same with the rock. Basically, play your normal game when it's on the normal transformation, and camp camp camp during all the transformations.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I for one LOVE Pokemon Stadium 1 and think its one of Snake's greatest neutrals if you use it correctly. I'd gladly take a D3 here over any of neutral. Use the platforms to your advantage against characters. Staying behind platforms with explosives can provide cover to help you against certain match ups like MK.

People are afraid of the infinites against D3 here. Simply don't get stuck in that rock part because thats the only place he can infinite you there. Make sure you are on one side of the tree against the other opponent if you are that scared. Use grenades and provide pressure since the stage changes and can get your opponent confused. Oh and avoid the windmill unless you're ready to take advantage of it and deliver...other wise be prepared to take damage or death.

It has a great open space to recover from the top and stuff...blah blah. I like it :).

P.S - I HATE yoshi island. I want it to die over and over. Take IC's or Diddys there if you are comfortable though. Avoid sonics there too.

If you happen to grab someone during a tranformation sequence and you are on the ground you will automatically release them if you are touching the ground. Can anyone confirm this idea I have. Uthrow the opponent during the transformation. I think this avoids you canceling the animation on the ground by going in the air. It's at least better than getting the animation canceled and not doing any damage.

^I am all out of useable AA batteries, so my wii cannot get started.

Edit: Stage is like that of SV/BF, but with RC elements too it. Treat it like that.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
@ Xeylode: I see where your getting at but the timing seems pretty strict, if it works at all that is.

We should keep this thread alive guys.
So we shouldn't take Kirbs here, A1 wrote a post on why not in the matchup discussion, lemme find it...

Edit:
Upthrow Spike Thread.

Upthrow spike vid.

The upthrow spike works on snake, but only with certain timing on the water stage (you need to land on top of the windmill with the uthrow).

So, I'll break it down by which stage you're on.

All forms - Edges allow for stagespikes with dsmash if standing above them, and the edges can pose a problem for other characters, but not Kirby. Kirby can also stand right next to walls and use his up b, sending the projectile through them.

If Kirby gets an inhale off and can shoot opponents under the stage, their recovery will be extremely predict- (and gimp)able.

The blast zones are fairly far away, letting Kirby live longer and putting an emphasis on his great offstage game.

Normal Stage - Not much here. The platforms are nice to use dthrow under so the opponent lands on top of them and has to tech, but they can also be a problem if snake is below and kirby is on them.

Water Stage - We have a [ur=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg4IDel7nqk]double suicide.[/url] We also have the ninja spike that I mentioned earlier. The windmill provides some nice stone slides. Attacks can stagespike off the windmill (those this is true for all characters).

Fire Stage - Dtilt can be chained continuously up against the tall rock-thing, though it ends rather quickly. Upthrow can be used to KO earlier if it lands on top of the rock. The fall-through ceiling also provides a similar situation with Kirby's dthrow as on the original stage.

Rock Stage - Possibly the best transformation for Kirby. He has a wall infinite in the depression with both his dtilt and jab. The walls also allow Kirby to use his up b and send the projectile through them.

Grass Stage - No real disadvantages for Kirby and he can use his earthquake glitch on the left side of the bush-like thing to the right of the stage.

All your advantage are belong to us.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
@ Xeylode: I see where your getting at but the timing seems pretty strict, if it works at all that is.

We should keep this thread alive guys.
So we shouldn't take Kirbs here, A1 wrote a post on why not in the matchup discussion, lemme find it...

Edit:

Yea, definitely keep it alive....but I can't do that w/ out any help. :laugh:
Thanks for helping out guys. Btw, I read everything so far....and not good enough info unlike the last stage we did (Yoshi's) need more specific things to make a summary.

EDIT: Alright so here is the stuff we need to work on for Pokemone Stadium 1:

Summary:

C4/Mine placement:

Characters to take here:

Characters not to take here:

Any transform specific Trixies/AT's:

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Alright, I know its been a while, but I updated OP!

Ohhh....and yea I double posted. >.>

Can you guys take a look and tell me if you disagree?
Edit:
Also, I added something new; "an overall ratio" for each stage tell me if you guys agree w/ those. :)

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
One spot for putting C4 is on the tree branch on the grass stage. The leaves conceal it quite nicely and it also hits people below it of course.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Lol, I disagree with every character on the list "characters not to take here" for pokemon stadium.

:).
Don't take Plank here. I think we could agree on that. :laugh:
LOL!
No but seriously, do you find anyhting wrong w/ it?

One spot for putting C4 is on the tree branch on the grass stage. The leaves conceal it quite nicely and it also hits people below it of course.
That counts as a platform. -_-

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Here's a write-up from an old stage discussion thread I made for PKMN STDM.

First I will discuss the neutral area.

Just to get it out of the way, yes, you can platform Fsmash on the right and left platforms on the mid/big sized cast.

Usually I am able to pull off a quick Fsmash the first few seconds of the match because the opponent is not expecting it, and will rush towards you at the beginning of the match. That's always a nice way to discourage yr opponent from coming near you when yr on the platforms.

A good tactic to set up stage control at the beginning of the match is SH C4 drop, fall through platform, Claymore. This sets up for an explosion linking wall. If you get yr opponent on the opposite side (not in the center) of the stage where they would have to approach the platform to get back in the center, a good way to keep them at bay after yr "EL" has been set up is full hop nairs. That way if they try to return to the center from the air they will be dealt a nice 28% and be returned to the edge.

Another good tactic to keep them on that side of the stage is to cook nades. You can shield drop grenade, SH bair to pick it back up, wait a second/or just immediately throw the grenade towards the ground to ricochet into the air (depending on how high or low you want the grenade to bounce).

Of course, these platforms are small enough for easy downthrow tech chase abuse. There are only four ways they can possibly wake up. A to attack, stand up, or left and right rolls. Given that the platforms are so small it should be easy to punish them for anyone of these options even you predict wrong (so long as yr shield is up). If you end up dash grabbing yr opponent and they are hanging off the edge, you can go for either 1.) regrab, 2.), Utilt, or 3.) footstool > whatever you desire.

Lots of times yr opponent may try to tech the platforms after one of yr attacks for "safety". Unfortunately for them, wherever they are, they are surely not safe vs Snake. A full hop nair can hit them on wake-up, or if they happen to shield in time, it can push them off the platform. If they miss the tech, you can punish with Ftilt or jab > Ftilt, jab > Utilt, anything you think the situation calls for.

A good mindgame I've been able to apply in this level and a few others is that when you are recovering from the edge and position yrself above one of the platforms, yr opponent is likey to either stand beneath or to the side of the platform. Either way, if you drop a C4 and detonate it close enough to them to hit, you can FF into a Uair for a KO or around 30%.

Demonstration in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUMc0pawDP8 (At 1:36 & 1:47)

Even if yr opponent happens to blow the initial detonation, the C4 should have lowered yr opponent's shield enough for the Uair to connect, where after you can grab them at low percents.

Anoter trick involving drop through platforms is that if you shield drop a grenade, pick it back up, and hold down to drop through the platform and throw the grenade at the same time, you will drop through but the grenade will bounce off the platform into the air.

Lastly, if you are standing on the white part of the edge and shield drop a grenade > ACSH bair/uair, you should have enough time to run to the opposite side of the stage and reach the opposite platform where you can then shield the explosion.

Fire Transition

Truthfully, there is not much I can give as far as tricks and tactics go for this transition that aren't universal now.

But I'll give it a shot:

Platform Fsmash on the house's platform works well since the wall cuts the stage in 1/3 leaving yr opponent a smaller area to move around (unless they decided to camp behind the burnt tree area).

If you stand against the wall and plant a C4 and yr opponent is in the deep part between the tree platform and wall the C4 explosion can connect.

If you can get yr opponent up against the wall and grab them, you can mash Z until they are released and regrab them. Works sorta like a CG.

If anyone wants to help me out with this one, feel free! :"P

Water Transition

This is probably my favorite transition just because there is a lot more to do here than there is the other transitions save neutral.

Let's hit it off with the Windmill. There are plenty of nice tricks to perform using this.

You can stick the windmill with a C4 so long as it is not completely vertical. Otherwise, the C4 will unfortunately fall off. This isn't necessarily THAT bad of a problem. The opponent might not notice where the C4 has fallen to on the ground, giving you an opportunity to detonate it when they least expect it.

Another windmill trick is using the pushing momentum of the windmill to approach while not actually walking forward. You can use its momentum to move forward while shielding and go in for a grab or ftilt/utilt/etc out of shield, or my personal favorite which involves using its momentum to move forward while CHARGING an Fsmash. That way, you are safely able to approach yr opponent while being able to fully charge an Fsmash It works well against opponents who are waking up from the edge or simply just near the edge. No one expects it, seriously. Anyone above 30% on that side of the stage who gets hit with his fully charged Fsmah WILL get KOd.

Otherwise, the platforms being held up by the water are easy to downthrow tech "chase" (don't really need to chase lol) on.

Rock Transition

I'm gonna use this as a diagram to show where exactly I'm talking about 'cause I'm lazy and lack enough motivation to use descriptive words:

See where the O is? That's Snake. The X is where his Fsmash explosion is. If any opponent is camping inside that small area then they can prepare to be barraged with Fsmashes.

For stage control you can shield drop grenades and C4 plant on the various platforms near the rock wall. Otherwise, it's fairly easy to dthrow tech chase on any of the platforms.

Now, the T symbol represents the area near the edge where you can't roll out of it. If you manage to catch yr opponent in a grab while in this area, you can keep them in a "lock" so long as you don't get hit out of their wake up. If they roll or stand up, downthrow. I would shield to just ensure you don't get hit out of the wake up because being caught in that area can cost them a whole stock. :"}

If yr opponent is camping on the left side of the rock wall, you can C4/nikita drop/throw grenades downwards for easy %s. That way you are completely safe, and given that the opponent has pretty much only one way to move (up) it's fairly simply to keep them at bay using this tactic.

In the center area where the X is, if you and yr opponent happen to both get caught down there, you can either dthrow to continue dthrow, or like the fire transition wall, mash Z until they are released and regrab. Personally, I'd go for the dthrow to deal more % more quickly.

Grass Transition

Really, there is not much here to take advantage of. The two wooden platforms allow for easy tech chasing.

You can Fsmash from on top of the bush platform.

And if you C4 plant the bush platform and the stage transitions to the neutral, it will appear on the right side platform.

gallax

Smash Hero
Lol, I disagree with every character on the list "characters not to take here" for pokemon stadium.

:).
im taking razers side on this. if you have any problems against those chars you need to learn to camp better. the platforms alone make this a great place for snake.

id take ddd anyday of the week here.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I agree with Gallax, I do find that I actually do pretty well against my DDD friend on PS1, it's actually pretty easy to avoid the wall infinite by simply running away and not fighting on the transformations that as walls.

The reason I want FD is to be discussed is that I feel that we may have some misconceptions about the chars we should take there. For example I don't think fighting a falco there is that bad, nor is fighting a marth that good.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I agree with Gallax, I do find that I actually do pretty well against my DDD friend on PS1, it's actually pretty easy to avoid the wall infinite by simply running away and not fighting on the transformations that as walls.

The reason I want FD is to be discussed is that I feel that we may have some misconceptions about the chars we should take there. For example I don't think fighting a falco there is that bad, nor is fighting a marth that good.
Everything you said here pretty much makes sense, especially the last part. Marth does terrible things on FD to snake :dizzy:

Discussing FD sounds good though, considering its also one of the most common snake counterpicks. If not FD discuss delfino and how much **** it is for snake!!!! =D

6Mizu

Smash Champion

Everything you said here pretty much makes sense, especially the last part. Marth does terrible things on FD to snake :dizzy:

Discussing FD sounds good though, considering its also one of the most common snake counterpicks. If not FD discuss delfino and how much **** it is for snake!!!! =D
I agree with nappy and yume. FD should be next.
FD then japes please.
Soo then we're done with PS1?

Okay, well here comes the update everyone wants.
(I don't understand why you guys want FD....I mean it's pretty straight forward, but instead of waiting for answer.....I'm updating it)

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Well for the basic, FD is a pretty large, flat stage. You can camp pretty well on that stage, and the lack of platforms will generally help Snake because he won't get ***** by landing on a platform on top of someone.

Pros:
Campy
No platforms means a higher emphasis on ground game
relatively large stage so that Snake can live long

Cons:
The lack of platforms limits Snake's landing options, meaning he can get juggled easier.
You can't place C4 or mines on platforms, so its easier for your opponent to keep track of them and in a way decreases their range.

I would take characters who rely on their air game to this stage (MK, G&W) and avoid taking characters who can juggle snake well and outcamp him.

Something that I want to discuss is what are your thoughts on taking :falco: and :marth: to this stage?

I feel like its not all that bad against Falco because his laser game doesn't affect us as much. Since we can crawl under it and powershield it, plus we won't be approaching through the air. And with the lack of platforms we can juggle him better and trap the field to make it really unsafe for him to phantasm. Not to mention we have a grab release cg that can poss lead to a fair spike. Of course he can juggle us better without platforms too, grab us easier, and he still has his laser game.

Against Marth FD makes it soooo easy for him to juggle us, since our landing options are really limited against him. Plus our explosives will not be as effective since there are no platforms to put them on. Also his ground game is as good if not better than ours.

etecoon

Smash Hero
FD isn't too bad vs falco, snake has grab tricks here too, his camping isn't that amazing vs snake because of crouching, the amount of space makes it harder to chain grab to spike you since you can avoid the edges somewhat

I think snake loses to marth on FD but I'm not sure what neutral I'd recommend instead, they're all kinda bad in their own way...I think SV and YI are the worst though

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Well for the basic, FD is a pretty large, flat stage. You can camp pretty well on that stage, and the lack of platforms will generally help Snake because he won't get ***** by landing on a platform on top of someone.

Pros:
Campy
No platforms means a higher emphasis on ground game
relatively large stage so that Snake can live long

Cons:
The lack of platforms limits Snake's landing options, meaning he can get juggled easier.
You can't place C4 or mines on platforms, so its easier for your opponent to keep track of them and in a way decreases their range.

I would take characters who rely on their air game to this stage (MK, G&W) and avoid taking characters who can juggle snake well and outcamp him.

Something that I want to discuss is what are your thoughts on taking :falco: and :marth: to this stage?

I feel like its not all that bad against Falco because his laser game doesn't affect us as much. Since we can crawl under it and powershield it, plus we won't be approaching through the air. And with the lack of platforms we can juggle him better and trap the field to make it really unsafe for him to phantasm. Not to mention we have a grab release cg that can poss lead to a fair spike. Of course he can juggle us better without platforms too, grab us easier, and he still has his laser game.

Against Marth FD makes it soooo easy for him to juggle us, since our landing options are really limited against him. Plus our explosives will not be as effective since there are no platforms to put them on. Also his ground game is as good if not better than ours.
FD isn't too bad vs falco, snake has grab tricks here too, his camping isn't that amazing vs snake because of crouching, the amount of space makes it harder to chain grab to spike you since you can avoid the edges somewhat

I think snake loses to marth on FD but I'm not sure what neutral I'd recommend instead, they're all kinda bad in their own way...I think SV and YI are the worst though
I keep this thread updated from now on......
Anyway.....need moar people....GO!

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
FD is a good stage for Snake. You can stay grounded and you have options. Mortars are good here due to having no platforms interrupt them. C4 is better to save for offstage recovering. When c4 recovering at high percents di towards lip and tech jump. If you don't think you can di towards lip di towards opposite corner. From the bottom corner of FD on training mode i've lived to 172% before blowing myself up. 189% after. It depends on how good your di is though.

FD is a good stage for Snake

First, it's only plain ground and since Snake excels on ground, it's an advantage. Another advantage is that Snake can camp well in that stage since there's nothing interrupting Snake.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Would someone explain to me why we're at a disadvantage against Marth here? It seem like he would have a harder time juggling us since there's no platforms. It can't just be well-spaced f-air spam.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Would someone explain to me why we're at a disadvantage against Marth here? It seem like he would have a harder time juggling us since there's no platforms. It can't just be well-spaced f-air spam.
It's because we can't play with platforms and Marth has a great pivot dance that helps him maneuver on flat ground really easy. So he can just follow us and uair/utilt/fair/upsmash/grab us. With platforms we can mix up our recovery better and can be safe.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
I got bored so I mapped some interesting uses of down thrown nades on weird stages, RC is fun

anything not thrown at an angle is easy to make up as you go along but it's good to know exactly how nades fly off of uneven ground, also something funny is throwing nades at the wall on the ship and then instant throwing them back over it
Okay that's just sexy!

Guys who's up for discussing Rainbow Cruise on my Stage thread......after I update it with FD info?

(BTW, sry I haven't been online in a while.....my reason for this is:
SCHOOL.)
Okay, so are we done w/ FD?
If so who's ready for Rainbow Cruise?

(BTW, I'll update the OP with FD as soon as possible, I just need some time....due to school and what not.)

-Plz be patient. TY

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Kay I think we should do RC now, we discussed RC on Xeylode's old stage thread, we should compare what we know now with what we said back then.

From old discussion, minus the flashiness:

Rainbow Cruise

Rainbow Cruise is agrued to be one of the worst stages for Snake. A lot of his normal gameplay is ruined on this stage. Tech Chasing, Grenades, C4s and Mines are a few things that are affected by the stage.

The stage will be summarized in three parts: 1)Ship 2) Assent 3) Side Scrolling.

1) Ship -

The ship allows Snake the most access to normal gameplay. This section is tight and compact allowing for good stage control over the your opponent. Mines and C4s are uneffected here as with the rest of the stage they have to be applied differently. The major thing to be aware of is the wall. Many people have infinites or something against walls that easily racks up damage. Avoid placing yourself in that kind of situation and play on the ship like you would any other stage.

2)Accent -

When the ship docks and falls into the sky below to the pendulm in the skys. This segment of the stage is where Snake starts to get messed up by a lot of things and has to adapt. The stage starts to rise up with platforms disappearing beneath you with a narrow blast zone on the left. During this segment it's advised to take the stage in one of 2 appraoches: staying ahead of the movement of the stage, or to stay towards the disappearing portions of the stage.

By staying ahead of the stage you avoid getting stuck being forced to advance upwards which you can get hit as you start to accend. If you go with this it's best to play defensively with C4s and grenades being placed on the platforms and try to wait for the person to come into range of your attacks. Explode the C4s often so you avoid having a C4 on the stage when you really need it to C4 recover at any moment.

If you decide to stay towards the bottom of the stage you are forced to keep up with the accent of the stage, but you can take a more controlling aspect of the stage. By using cooked grenades and mortar you can try to attack the person above and if they get close you resort to CQC against them which you should have the superior CQC against most people.

3) Side Scrolling -

After the pendulam the stage will start to move horizontally leaving the platform jumping behind. This section has a relatively low ceiling which you can abuse to get your kills. Mortar Sliding is actually useful here compared to the rest of the stage. Since the stage is still moving you cannot really apply C4 and mines like you could on another stages, but grenade camping is an option. So on this portion you can apply your typical game play as normal. You just have to adapt to the changes in things disappearing staying on the move. Be careful to not get caught on the platforms when the stage finally decents back into the ship segment.

This stage is evil against Snake when used as a CP with some characters such as Meta Knight and Kirby. Their Uthrow can lead to early KOs as there Uthrow would land on the hightest most platform to do the damage. They also have decent recovery and can abuse Snake with their ability to gimp you. Overall you want to avoid the stage when you can, it might even be one you would want to always ban where available. It is though a decent stage that Snake can play on, you just have to take the time to learn to play on it.

================================================== ===================

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Kay I think we should do RC now, we discussed RC on Xeylode's old stage thread, we should compare what we know now with what we said back then.

From old discussion, minus the flashiness:

(BIG) Update!

Okay so after a month of School/sorta being lazy I got a chance to update our Stage Discussion. Sry for taking soooooo loooonng.

Okay, please take a look at the OP to check the info on FD.

We are now Discussing: RAINBOW CRUISE GO!

The trick to this stage is for Snake to camp. No going after people. Wait for them to come to you. And always be on the move and be evasive. Take your time. It's not a horrible stage for Snake if you keep your footing. It is really a good stage for snake agaisnt those that have to approach him. Even MK.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
The trick to this stage is for Snake to camp. No going after people. Wait for them to come to you. And always be on the move and be evasive. Take your time. It's not a horrible stage for Snake if you keep your footing. It is really a good stage for snake agaisnt those that have to approach him. Even MK.
Isn't the part "in bold" true for mot stages? :confused:

Isn't the part "in bold" true for mot stages? :confused:
What I am getting at was too generic I guess.

A slightly better method to what I am saying is this. After the ship has fallen from the sky. Simply start hopping from platform to platform leaving nades and spacing yourself from the person. Act like you are at high percents and do not want to get killed from an attack. Do not try to follow the person trying to hit them with Uair or falling through platforms to attack them with Bair.

Snake's best defence is on platforms with nades. With this people have to reach up through platforms to attack him as they cannot grab him. This also means to be on the move because you do not want to be on the same platform as them. Abuse the fact snake is invinicible in shields with nades when people cannot grab him and thus abuse the fact you have so many different platforms to jump to.

The problem with other stages other than RC is that the platforms are fairly unsafe. If you try to camp on the SV platform the whole match you are not going to be doing too well. The platform has no means of escape for when snake gets overwhelmed. With RC Snake can start jumping higher, or go under and pop up away from people safely. In a sense, you are playing cat and mouse on RC.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
If you are facing an MK or Kirby there, make sure to run away and avoid CQC during the transformation with the rising platforms. If they Uthrow you and you land on a platform near the upper blast zone, you'll die reallly early.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I dont know why some people consider this a good stage for snake, if you think about it whats he worse on than this stage, especially vs. alot of characters, mainly vs. mk. Like back when SuSa used to talk about how snake was so good there, I just couldn't see there. You might not have to ban it vs. some other characters who aren't very good on it as well, but overall snake has better stage options and he should be banning this most of the time. He wont really get "gayed" all that hard on any other janky stage someone can take you to.

etecoon

Smash Hero
brinstar should be your ban vs MK/wario/marth and maybe a few others IMO, RC might not be snake's best stage but it's not his worst either I think

I dont know why some people consider this a good stage for snake, if you think about it whats he worse on than this stage, especially vs. alot of characters, mainly vs. mk. Like back when SuSa used to talk about how snake was so good there, I just couldn't see there. You might not have to ban it vs. some other characters who aren't very good on it as well, but overall snake has better stage options and he should be banning this most of the time. He wont really get "gayed" all that hard on any other janky stage someone can take you to.
It's what Snake has to weigh on the stage. As I said before, Snake on platforms with the ability to have multiple outs and courses is pretty hard to approach. If you can get that percent lead early in the match, it will be even more difficult for people because they will be forced to approach no matter what. Sure, it's hard to approach Snake anywhere else, but it's more difficult here.

The only downside is what you said, he can get really messed over. Snake's recovery sucks on this particular stage. But, that's why it's a counterpick. There are certain characters this would be a great stage to take too, and others it would be risky. Personal note, I like taking MK here. I either get really close in the match, or end up 2-3 stocking them.

brinstar should be your ban vs MK/wario/marth and maybe a few others IMO, RC might not be snake's best stage but it's not his worst either I think
I would agree with this. Brinstar is a good Snake stage, but at least on RC you have multiple routes to navigate where you could find some uncovered ground. Although, I think Wario is horrible to bring to RC if he wants to be stally and use percent lead to make you approach. In that case, it would be almost impossible to win I think.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think Wario is horrible to bring to RC if he wants to be stally and use percent lead to make you approach. In that case, it would be almost impossible to win I think.
same can be said of brinstar, I'm sure everyone's seen what DMG does on that stage by now

Top Bottom